Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they say "March", they better mean March 1st. I'm at the end of my rope, and I am the GM of one of two successful "endgame" guilds on my server.

Just wait, its most likely going to be march 28th and only include minor parts of it or incomplete parts that are bugged. They they will say the other stuff still isnt ready and will be released soon.

SWTOR is regressing not evolving. Star Wars is a bit of an over exaggerated IP. It's cool yea I get that but it's not an instant 5 million sub game strictly because of Star Wars.

Fact is if the game stinks (Which it does) people will leave (Which is happening now).

You are correct the orignal Starwars was far more recognizable then Kotor. Despite selling a lot of copies for a MMO of that time SWG flopped hard it did not stand on IP alone. To hold the Veteran MMO player( i am not refering to Hardcore .i am refering to the casual veteran that has played multiple MMo's) they will need to add some sand box elements, a more complex end game, and some sort of advanced guild features, guild lvls ,guild starships that require alot of work and up keep, guild perks based on achievements things that encourage communites not just supporting the individual.

Yeah I'm spending all my time in town between the endless battlezones, raids, world bosses, daily quests, hidden easter eggs, month long world wide holiday events, tens of thousands of points in achievements, day/night cycles.

Random events, wide variety of different zones for the same level brackets, actual lore, zone quests, faction grinding (although this isn't too great you can still get rare mount rewards from it), Jousting tournaments, mount quests, race quests.

Oh wait no I'm not.

Even grinding an alt was less repetitive. Even during vanilla.

Again, what is it you were saying?

The only thing SWTOR has that is even close to being an "interesting" thing to do outside of sitting in fleet spamming LFG or waiting for your WZ to pop is the Datacron Tomb Raider thing in the Ziost. And that is a very very fun little easter egg, but why oh why didn't they go with about 100x more of this type of thing.

Really now?

Just stop trying... Really funny seeing you defend WoW.

Datacrons?

Illum?

World PvP?

Raids?

FPs?

Actual lore? Really? TOR lore is far more complicated.

Everything you just listed you do in WoW you do in TOR. lol fail logic is fail.

Please enlighten me on your facts about how long it takes to do VO's, how did you come up with this "Extreme" amount of time? Do you work for Bioware or have worked with companies that do VO's for games?

Seems to me that Bioware took around the same amount of time to develop this game as Blizzard did with WoW and many other MMO's yet they had no VO's or very limited ones...

They also didnt have 8 extra years of technology and 200+ million dollars.

Seems to me that Bioware took around the same amount of time to develop this game as Blizzard did with WoW and many other MMO's yet they had no VO's or very limited ones...

WoW took 3 years to develop. Cost around 65 million dollars.

SWTOR took 4+ years. Cost around 200+ million.

WoW may not have had voice overs but they did have working high res textures, a very smooth and good running engine, ability to have more than 20 people on the screen without having serious lag, chat bubbles, swimming, night and day cycles, an easy to see/read cooldown indicator, anti aliasing, no damn load times and an actual difficult end game.

The only way this game can actually look good is if it's compared to a game seven years ago. Bioware thought that if they just add voice overs it'll cover up horrid programming. Sadly they're mistaken.

WoW may not have had voice overs but they did have working high res textures, a very smooth and good running engine, ability to have more than 20 people on the screen without having serious lag, chat bubbles, swimming, night and day cycles, an easy to see/read cooldown indicator, anti aliasing, no damn load times and an actual difficult end game.

The only way this game can actually look good is if it's compared to a game seven years ago. Bioware thought that if they just add voice overs it'll cover up horrid programming. Sadly they're mistaken.

As you would say, Apologist.

"In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature."

Yes. They are.

Not fully implemented != gimmick

Other wise, leveling is a gimmick. Talents are a gimmick. Insert whatever you want is a gimmick.

And 2 hours for 5 days is 10 hours, not 2 (or in your case 3).

Ok. Two hours a day for 5 days is ten hours. He wanted to play 4-5 days a week. So we go five days. That is 10 hours per week, right?

So with that logic, 4 weeks in a month with 5 days played each. Following me? That would 20 days a month played. With 20 days per month played at 2 hours each day, that would be forty hours played a month.

By your own admission content runs about 120 hours.

Therefore, if you played 40 hours a month, it would take you three months to satisfactorily do content. That's a far cry from 2 weeks like you said.

Actually, no. It takes about 5 days (=120 hours) /played to get to 50. Taking your numbers, that'd be around only two weeks to reach max level.

lets say you play 2 hrs a day 7 days a week, thats 14 hrs a week.... how do you hit max lvl in 2 weeks? what math are you using? Say you play 3hrs a night 7 days a week thats 21 hrs a week, again how do you hit lvl 50 (120 hrs of play) in just two weeks?

I'm also sure that estimate of 120 hrs of game play doesn't take in account time spent harvesting, crafting/selling stuff, socializing with friends in game and other misc things you can do in the game..

If you play video games more then 2-3 hrs a day then no your not a causal gamer... the average person who has a 40-50hr work week and a family is not going to have the time to play more then that...

Anyways will find out in a few months if the game completely tanks like some people on here keep predicting or if it stabilizes its numbers once the hardcore crowd has left to go complain about the lack of content in the next Big MMO which will probably be Terra and then GW2....

Edited by Monoth

Yes Biowares first MMO. EA's first MMO? No. Mythic is a part of Bioware and helped with SWTOR. Also from my understanding the lead for SWTOR is an MMO veteran developer/lead.

It's not the same Mythic from DAOC early days. The Mythic, EA has now is the Mythic that created Failhammer.

Really now?

Datacrons?

Illum?

World PvP?

Raids?

FPs?

Datacrons: One day.

Ilum: Complete and utter failure.

World PVP: Non-existing

Raids: You clear nightmare in a few weeks, depending on the skill level of your members.

FPs: Do them once and you'll be sick of them.

This is not content. Being 50 gets old after one week.

My server has usually 200 during peak times in IF. The Crucible Pits, so...

Nice try? That is exactly what you are doing here. You are labeling me because I disagree and prove your evidence is false.

Where is your prove? How about we revisit this in 6months as the train has fully derailed when 2 other new games come out which takes alot of players from SWTOR? Prime and GW2 will cater to the PVP'ers, which will knock most of us out.

Hey..like I said, they did 1 thing right, though its by a mistake imo. Voidstar is the best instanced PVP "battleground" around with an end-time "goal"....Too bad the rest of the game is blah at best :), and I have to deal with Hutball/Civil just to get into a Void, which chances are one side will be completely overrun due to que system

Edited by Grometsc

Raids: You clear nightmare in a few weeks, depending on the skill level of your members.

How is this any different from WoW then?

edit:

Forgot to add legacy system

Valor points

PvP valor

Companion quests/affection.

Edited by darthdoll

You can if you want leave the big cities....Last time I checked the guards did not keep you from leaving

Geez, I guess I need to explain. You can use the new Raid Finder. I wasn't being so stupid as to mean that you must stand in the city. My point was that the game has lost all of it's charm. There is no more work to be done for anything anymore. You click, you wait, you do the instance, you get ninja'ed, then you complain on the forums, then you're done.

You comment is totally invalid.

Ok. Two hours a day for 5 days is ten hours. He wanted to play 4-5 days a week. So we go five days. That is 10 hours per week, right?

So with that logic, 4 weeks in a month with 5 days played each. Following me? That would 20 days a month played. With 20 days per month played at 2 hours each day, that would be forty hours played a month.

By your own admission content runs about 120 hours.

Therefore, if you played 40 hours a month, it would take you three months to satisfactorily do content. That's a far cry from 2 weeks like you said.

You're right. I knew I forgot something. Still, three months isn't a lot compared to the leveling curve of other games and I'd venture only a minority plays 40 hours a month, most people put in more.

Edited by FerrusPA

being 50 got old for you after one week. I am still having fun.

sorry for you.

Where is your prove? How about we revisit this in 6months as the train has fully derailed when 2 other new games come out which takes alot of players from SWTOR? Prime and GW2 will cater to the PVP'ers, which will knock most of us out.

Hey..like I said, they did 1 thing right, though its by a mistake imo. Voidstar is the best instanced PVP "battleground" around with an end-time "goal"....Too bad the rest of the game is blah at best :)

Ok, see you in 6 months when TOR has grown to 2-3 million subs, and I will say I told you so.

I dont think GW2 will cater to PvP. I have been hearing some bad things about that game but who knows until people play it.

lol what? No offense, but wow was trash when it came out. It couldn't handle stress on the servers. The graphics are extremely cartoony. I would love to see you sit in org in classic when it was released.

Granted, this engine in swtor is not great by any means but the nostalgia of WoW tends to mess with people's memories. I was a classic player and it was SO BAD. Rest assured, it was never my computer either. I always build my own for instance: i7 sandy 3.8ghz quad, 570fermi and an ATI 6970 for off monitors, 16gb of ram... I have 0 problems in the fleet. But I also realize that most people don't have rigs at this level. Same thing with WoW back in the day.

They need to improve their engine, no arguing but comparing it to wow...? Really?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.154640274593067.31912.153742288016199&type=3

^ Those graphics were AMAZING /endsarcasm