Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore the server status being lower than it has been. Whens the last time you saw a full server?

Ignore that there are lots of people saying they have no one to group with and must have a LFG tool because of it.

Ignore everyone asking for server merges (these are players that are playing the game) because there are not enough people on their server.

If you ignore all those things and just believe they increased server capacities that were almost to max capacity and they did this in record time when nothing else they have done has been done with any urgency then yeah your right.

Interesting - I've seen you in other threads say over and over that torstatus is wrong and you can't believe it. You apparently found something on there you agree with so not it's the end all be all.

Everyone knows thresholds were increased to ease queue times early on - I cant only speculate as to why you don't know this(you were not paying attention).

Your subjective opinion on server population does not make it factual.

You MAY be right - but there is no way for any of us to know for sure until the next set of quarterly numbers are released.

You, for the sake of your argument, ignore so many things I wont go into it - but suffice to say you're opinion is not factual, it, like mine, is just an opinion.

tldr: You cite torstatus after deriding it in other threads. You cite your opinion as fact. I cite my opinion as just an opinion. You claim to know the truth - which is impossible since you do not have access to actual population numbers.

WoW took 3 years to develop. Cost around 65 million dollars.

SWTOR took 4+ years. Cost around 200+ million.

WoW may not have had voice overs but they did have working high res textures, a very smooth and good running engine, ability to have more than 20 people on the screen without having serious lag, chat bubbles, swimming, night and day cycles, an easy to see/read cooldown indicator, anti aliasing, no damn load times and an actual difficult end game.

The only way this game can actually look good is if it's compared to a game seven years ago. Bioware thought that if they just add voice overs it'll cover up horrid programming. Sadly they're mistaken.

Correction Swtor was in devolpment at the end of 2005 sir it took them 6 years to devolp

Bioware is running out of time. TERA comes out May 1st and the game looks promising after seeing beta gameplay and Guild Wars 2 is coming sometime in the summer.

If Bioware does not change for the better by summer time, i picture this game following the path of Star wars galaxies.

I have no interest in TERA so your doom and gloom is just an opinion based on your personal feelings.

I'm happy with the game the way it is and am looking forward to any additions and changes they make.

The reason why you see people post about being bored is because those who have fun are playing the game.

QQers > "Biodrones" on the forums.

It would seem based on your posts that you are burned out on MMO's, maybe I am wrong but it seems like that.

So your not having fun since your not in the game. :eek:

Just play the game and have fun and dont worry about the forums if you know its all haters.

I can also say that most haters just give up and quit and never come into the forums so you never hear all the people who dont like the game only the small minority of us who come into the forums the majority just quit and leave. (thats why there are all the LFG,server merge barren server threads.

So your not having fun since your not in the game. :eek:

Just play the game and have fun and dont worry about the forums if you know its all haters.

I can also say that most haters just give up and quit and never come into the forums so you never hear all the people who dont like the game only the small minority of us who come into the forums the majority just quit and leave. (thats why there are all the LFG,server merge barren server threads.

thats funny - you twist his words to suit your needs and then you call yourself a hater.

you should just quit this game. you clearly dont like it. so move on with your life.

I can't imagine you're having more fun posting endless hate on the forums than you would doing something else with your time.

i myself enjoying teh game as is, but if they pilish more then i'll enjoy it more also. i got ym first lvl 50 char this week, i spent alot fo time going all over the place, group up, helping some poeple, filling out my codex all the side stuff, wonder how tog et some titles and mgiht have to redo some things to get things i miss later.

I agree with OP.

I have said the same the past few days. I have an active GC till around 20ish of March. I hope for Bioware that the patch will have been launched at least a week by then cause I'm not going to re-sub only to check what they added and what they broke this time.

If that patch isn't coming before 18th of March it's just a sign they are hoping to get people to re-sub to check out the new patch. That kind of trash is not working on me. Either I re-sub next month because I have enjoyed patch 1.2, or I will unsub and not come back for at least half a year. If I ever will come back, cause right now I'm terribly bored with the game.

If you are "I'm terribly bored with the game" now...then I suggest this is not the game for you and you should'nt come back later. They are not going to revamp the core of the game just to suit those who will quit or have quit. :cool:

I expected much more from Bioware. This game needed more like 6 months of development to come with full end-game content and more user-friendly tools (AKA LFG, Achievements, Guild System).

As it stands now, this game looks like will be great in a year or so from now. Since their updates are taking long and are addressing too little of the current bugs and issues.

I'm looking towards Tera and playing single player games until this game starts to get the actual major content it needs. As it stands now, we're paying for them to finish the actual product they should have given.

Why should BW be the only one with the "Show of good faith"

be different than the others and show that you care about your players. (all of them)

this game is only a few month old,

Good excuse, will you change that to the game is only a year old when the same problems exist then?

they have come out with there plans to release additional content, they are attempting to fix bugs

Their plan = Soon. Everything is soon. But like tomorrow its something that never will never come.

They programmed the game and attempting to fix bugs should be good enough instead of just fixing them.

and now people that are not even willing to subscribe for 6 month are demanding new content before their subs run out.

We payed to buy the game that should have given us fun content for more than 2 weeks. Now we should pay an additional 90 bucks waiting for something fun to do. Thats if its in that content at all, but if not we can spend 250 bucks for something to do in the game or just wait another 6 months after that and pay 340 to hope to get some content. All the while they are racking put our money and not doing anything.

If you can't be bothered to support the game, just move on, I am sure the rest of us will do fine without you.

We are supporting the game more than you. By pointing out things that can be fixed or changed to make the game better so people will actually play it.

You are supporting Bioware and not the game. You like what you got in the game and think as long as you like it no one else matters and they can stay or go.

The only people that care about the game are the people complaining about it.

1.2 Is too late for me IMO.

Tomorrow is the last day of my sub. Sadly. Its like I can't break this cycle.

1. Log In
  2. I log in to my 50 BH look around for group spam.
  3. Try to get into a group. Find one but no dice, we can't find a healer.
  4. Leave group. Look at my companions and think of crafting, but nothing is worth crafting really. Its a broke system. You cant do much with it.
  5. I have no desire to stand in the fleet and spam.
  6. Que a warzone. Warzone que pops, Huttball.
  7. /sigh
  8. Log out, switch characters, to a level 22 Sith Warrior.
  9. Start to quest. Get to the first NPC, listen to the same script I have heard in beta, with my two 50's, with another level 35 lowbie, and am immediately disgusted. The game is so tunneled you cant branch off and quest in other areas. At least with WoW there were options.
  10. Swallow it and go kill one NPC
  11. Hang head in defeat.
  12. Que warzone, @#&$ Huttball...
  13. Log Out
  14. Go to forums for better entertainment while browsing WoW forums.

I dont even know if 1.2 can fix this for me tbh, which sucks. This was my last ditch hope before GW2 for a good MMO and sadly I have basically payed to continue to play this beta. Its a shame developers don't listen to their audience like they should during development. It was a horrid idea to launch this game in the condition it was in, without even having the bare bones essentials, such as UI customization in place for launch.

My final opinion of SW: ToR, Voice Acting Is Not For MMO's. If they would have dumped all that money into game design and features instead of VO'ing everything this game would have been amazing. The only thing they should have VO'ed IMO is raids, companions, class story. This game is just bare too many essentials for MMO's being released in this post-WoW era.

1.2 May bring some new features, but it wont change the basic flaws with this game, and it has absolutely come too late. March/April? Way too late.

Edited by Kashley

thats funny - you twist his words to suit your needs and then you call yourself a hater.

you should just quit this game. you clearly dont like it. so move on with your life.

I can't imagine you're having more fun posting endless hate on the forums than you would doing something else with your time.

I didnt twist any words at all. He said that people that enjoy the game are in the game playing it and the people that are bored are on the forums like you and I and called us haters and biodrones.

1.2 Is too late for me IMO.

Tomorrow is the last day of my sub. Sadly. Its like I can't break this cycle.

Same here.

I may come back after a few more big updates but right now there is nothing but a blackhole for me. Way too much basic content missing from the game to think UI customization is even a good update.

Edited by gregordunbar

well some games have a few chars that can/do talk. eq2 had a few even who had a few voicing in it. how ever not ever person that you an talk to did talk and most times you never talked back either. so SWTOR took it to th next lvl in the Voice acting department.

Just want to pop in here.

EQ2 had NPCs that were on very very long scripts. Some NPCs would wander the city for what seemed like hours, doing their own little thing. I dug it, was nice to have NPCs 'out of place' and doing stuff. I wish the NPCs in SWTOR had more life to them.

I still see the same argument. People who have been dissatisfied have been 50 for a while or multiple 50's and never speak of group experience.

People who I shall call ultra casuals like myself and are part of chilltown who may have just turned 50 and enjoy chilling in mumble have: good times, groups and things to do.

I WZ love huttball even though player behavior is the big problem with cheaters, early leavers afkers. But since I did BGs for 5 years in wow my butt doesn't get hurt like some people's I just deal.

I don't craft I have slicing, treasure hunting and underworld trading.

Just leveled them. I don't cry what do I do? I give stuff to my guildies for free. That feels good. I host dance competitions for people where I give away purple missions as prizes.

I do heroic flashpoints where we facepull and laugh in mumble instead of epeen rage quit or cry about content and our night are probably more epic. While my buddies are fighting i use that holocam so I can post on our guild web page.

My server had its first hosted Tatooine duels both sides there without griefing.

Sure the UI needs help but it has been promised and we know when. There may be coding reasons to not release early. There are technical problems but they seem to be on track.

Will I play this game or give them unlimited time to work out stuff? No, but it is not as bad as the people who sincerely will never be satisfied make it out to be.

There is. But you just got done cancelling your subscription to it.

Good luck in your future gaming.

SWTOR is like WoW, in pvp and pve grinding, with less content to do when you don't want to do those 2 things. So to me yes SWTOR is another WoW wanna-be and it's boring, tired, and I've played that before with WoW.

Maybe Guild Wars 2 or Planetside 2 will be good. GW2 is looking a bit more like DAOC to me everyday, and that's a good thing, since DAOC and Asheron's Call were my first mmo's.

To the other DAOC fans here's an article for GW2 describing some of the features.

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-on-guild-wars-2-world-vs-world

Edited by Tiam

Or were you just being hyperbolic to make a point of exaggerated rant perhaps?

Agree with the above. Seems a lot of people are insecure about the points they bring up...so they like to pad their rants with 'a lot of people' or my favourite 'everyone I know thinks the same as I do'.

It screams 'insecure'. If the OP really believes in their statement then surely their voice should be enough?

Personally I want content when it's done. I don't like the fact that X amount of bugs from Beta are still ingame today. Some content breaking ones. It's annoying and so I'd prefer they put out some polished content...not rushed, buggy tack.

Ignore the server status being lower than it has been. Whens the last time you saw a full server?

Ignore that there are lots of people saying they have no one to group with and must have a LFG tool because of it.

Ignore everyone asking for server merges (these are players that are playing the game) because there are not enough people on their server.

If you ignore all those things and just believe they increased server capacities that were almost to max capacity and they did this in record time when nothing else they have done has been done with any urgency then yeah your right.

Bitter, bitter perspective. Try a constructive post for once. I actually agree with a lot of what you write but seriously, your post history shows so much acid it sounds unhealthy. Are you ok?

Back on topic: I have no clue about other servers. All I know is that my server, Nightmare Lands is very, very active. We have 200-300 easy on the Imperial fleet every primetime. At 3am I've seen 50 people on the fleet...3am. I can only speak for my server though.

Aint about full patches, its about incremental fixes as a whole. Why wait to put in a bunch when you can do a few NOW ? And rushed? rushed?

Fix the bugs - incrementally if need be but NOW, not in a patch in another month.

What BUG fixes are they waiting for 1.2 to implement exactly? Bug fixes they are usually pushing out as they are tested and ready.

I think you are confusing content/updates/adjustments with bug fixes.