Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Are you planning to add a sort of "VIP" passport to land on planets that can be bought from someone so that people who have bought it can land instantly on said planet instead of having to go through the tedious motions of 3 stages just to get on the planet once you have flown there?

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you guys going to do something about game-breaking performance on high end systems? When are you going to stop treating clients like the enemy? When are you going to focus on real problems with this game and not silly things like chat bubbles?

Issue: I am on a low population server Eidolon Security to be exact. During Peak times we have about 15-30 people on the fleet. I have really taken to PvP in this game and enjoy it immensely the issue is that on my server there are a few of us that PvP and enjoy it but when you hit 50 pvp is non-existent. I am currently level 45 and I am dreading making 50 because on my server its get to 50 and reroll for those that like pvp. I know some of the Imperial players and they have 50's and reroll also. Its not that they only like 1-49 brackets its just not enough people to get a que for level 50 bracket.

Question: So can you give some incite on how you plan to implement transfers to even out population and have a eta possibly?

Edited by Rasheth

Do you intend to give the support department the tools to fix class quest issues (those where you lack any class quest in your log) like adding the next step in the quest line?

I have a brother that has been without his class quest since he unlocked Doc (4th companion) December 23rd and the time it seems to take to find out how to fix these things seem to need some way of slapping a temporary "fix" so the players can actually still play.

Are you (and when) or are you not (and why not) going to address the "invisible" advantages held by the Empire mirrors of Republic classes? Most notable of these, which seems far more like a bug than anything else, is the trooper's Mortar Volley compared to the bounty hunter's Death From Above, which takes almost a full two seconds of channeling before firing/causing damage instead of being near instant. While these may be negligible in PvE, they are very significant in PvP. What's going to be done about these discrepancies?

After reading the latest Q&A, I noticed you guys said that gear will be directly purchased with Ranked Warzone and normal Warzone commendations. What does this mean for Ilum? Will there be any changes to it that makes it and world PVP in general more fun and still attractive to players, or are Ranked Warzones going to be the only way to get the top gear? Edited by GeLopez

I was a long time swg player and want to first say I love swtor so far, great work. I really miss being able to have player housing, multi person vehicles, and meeting with my guild up on our huge space yacht. Any plans in the works for any of these aspects to be incorporated? Keep up the good work!

I've noticed there is only one true caster "class" available to play, which also seems to be a popular choice amongst players. For someone like me, I don't care for guns or anything like that, I would rather cast spells.

Which brings me to my question - Are there any future plans in adding in another class? Possibly a caster one like Sorc/Sage?

Are there any plans to increase the threat generation increase of tanks in their tank stance above 50%? As my Ops group becomes more and more "geared" it is becoming more apparent that tank threat is not scaling to the degree that DPS threat is scaling with the gear they acquire.

Some of us players who are above the recommended system requirements are still suffering from low framerates, such as in PVP and fleets. We have done all we can according to the guides and have gone as far as upgrading to rigs far above the recommended specs. Is the team aware of our issues and will there be any possible fixes in the future?

Is BioWare aware of the percentage of players who's high-end computers also experience FPS issues even after taking every recommended step to fix the problem? Many experience under 20fps, including i5 and i7 CPUs aside from PVP there are also consistent drops in FPS caused by memory leaks and a number of bugs that have been pinpointed by the community. Important forum threads with critical information on the subject are here, just to name some. Please help us, we can work on this issue together, show the community you care.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=249030&highlight=cupelixx

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2847328#post2847328

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2902070&posted=1#post2902070

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2904158#post2904158

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=309084 Poll that started a few hours ago

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=310126

Will there be a Looking for group system for Flashpoints and Ops that form groups based on your class spec and what is needed per group? Also, can it be cross server? Being there are lockoouts on the FPs and Ops, it's hard to log on and find groups through chat and not everyone wants to sit around the Fleet waiting for someone to spam LFG for the Hard mode flashpoint you want or can do. It would work similar to the PVP one, in the fact that it teleports you to the area and back when you are done. As much as I don't want a carbon copy of WOW, the LFG system in WoW was one of the better additions to that game. If you guys don't implement this soon, the game can get frustratingly boring real fast as it will be a player just sitting in the fleet watching chat to get a group.

Due to the unique (and fun) nature of Operative (and possibly BH) heals where we are limited by our energy regeneration, Alacrity has been found to have almost no benefits to Operative healing. The faster heals simply mean we use energy quicker and have to wait longer for our energy to come back.

Is there a plan to change Alacrity's function so it will no longer be the least desired stat for Operative healers? If not, in the future will the Alacrity swapped for another stat on our Rakata sets? It is currently a downgrade to swap from the Columni pieces to the Rakata pieces if you don't swap over the crit/surge mod from the Columni.