Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

In Game Update 1.1 – Rise of the Rakghouls

• Vanity pets can no longer be considered targets for any abilities.

This fix caused the Rhythm Augmentation Droid to stop functioning as intended. Instead of playing an awesome random Star Wars Cantina song, it now just follows you around for 30 seconds like a companion. Then vanishes and can't be called again for 30 minutes.

In the 1.1.3 Patch

• The Portable Holo Dancer can no longer be targeted by abilities and effects.

This "fix" caused the Portable Holo Dancer to no longer be a Hologram nor a Dancer. Instead, like the above item, only follows you around for 30 seconds before vanishing.

How did fixes like these, that break the items, get put into the live game as acceptable? Weren't these fixes tested and the effects of the "fix" breaking the item noticeable? When will these items function properly again? I'd like to continue having dance parties in Cantinas.

Edited by Knyght

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armstech as a profession is woefully underwhelming compared to all other crafting skills. There are not rakata level craftables like the ones available to other profs. Are there plans to remedy this? on a broader level, are there plans to bring the rest of the crafting skills to an equal level? (i don't mean the same, but, either all high level BoE, or all BoP?)

Will you be expanding character creation and if so will you also add a vendor or an option in character select so that we can work on current character appearances? Right now the creation is very, very limited and that is so disappointing. The Mass Effect 3 DEMO had a much more extensive creation mode. Some of the problems I have, and I am sure many others do as well, are...

Hair Styles: Most of them are down-right awful. We need more and they should be more eye pleasing.

Zabraks: Tatoos should be colorable. Hair styles and head bone formations should be separated from each other. SWG tied them together and so did you, big mistake.

Twi'leks: Limited skin colors. They come in every color under the sun and in every shade. Who the hell decided to give this race only six options at the most? Also, the lekku markings should be colorable and should also be separated from the cosmetics option. They do NOT go hand in hand.

Most importantly...Where are the facial features? I point to the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series for referance. Why do you not have those options here?

In short, are you going to expand this area and address this very poor and disappointing area?

When will SGRAs be implemented? Can we get an idea of where they are in the development timeline? Will they be implemented within the next few patches or are we talking a year or two down the road?

Also, when will the lack of same-sex flirting options and properly marked [Flirt] dialogue choices be corrected?

Edited by Luckystriked

WHy is it so difficult to find and group with real life friends? I am not talking about adding their in game character name.

There should be an option to send friend requests to your friends account and if they know who your they can accept your friend request.

Currently I have several friends and co-workers playing the game and we constantly have to text out new character names and coordinate what server we are on and whether we are on republic or imperial side.

Friend request would allow you to see all your friends when they are online whether they are on imperial or republic and also if they are not even on your server.

I have not been able to add peoples character names to my friends list unless they are online at the same time as me.

This is not a new concept in the gaming community and Blizzard was not the first to use it with Real ID. Consoles and other PC games have been doing this for years.

I play this game because so many of my real life friends are playing it. It should not be such a hassle to find and group with them in the game.

Same question as last time, and the same question I will ask every time until we get some information on it:

Jedi Sentinels and Sith Marauders are still sub-par in every area to their ranged counterparts. Aside from Watchman and the Sith sister tree there are problems. We were told this class would get looked at and have heard nothing for weeks.

When will the issues with these classes actually be addressed?

This is a Codex Question with 2 Parts:

When will you fix the Codex as there are Codex Updates that should be there [for example the Agent's Class Ship or the Red Blade (or whatever his name is) that is the final Person of Interest for the Agent's Class Quest on Nal Hutta]. Cause this is an annoyance especially for those that would like to complete Codex Sections.

We are able to extend the individual World Codex's to show #/# Datacrons, #/# Person of Interests, #/# Locations, etc. Is there any plans to further that by allowing Players to hover over or extend the Lore part of the World Codex to show that Korriban has XYZ as it's Lore. That way people would be able to see the Lore (or whatever sub-sub-section) they haven't gotten yet [would be greyed or "???" in its place] while the Codex Update they have would show that they've gotten the Codex Update for that World.

Will there be any more features added to SWTOR.com such as the ability to see your characters and thier gear or friends characters? Many would like to be able to see thier characters when not in game and show off to fellow players and to research what gear we want to get. Edited by fandorson

Dear Q&A

The main question is;

Having been tanking for many MMO's, i was wondering if there was any plans to smooth out tanking in SWTOR.

The reasons are:

A) No tools to allow the tank to realize that aggro is solid or going to be lost, no way to tell who the mob is targeting.

B) Threat multiplier on attacks are too low for the amount of burst dmg that 90% of the dps can pull out even in a "oops" situation, so then it becomes a race to out-dps the dps as to get threat back which leads to ..

C) seems im spending more time casting "taunt" then any other power, it's always on cool down. If it seems that is the case, then why not just up the passive, so im not just mashing taunt, or an AOE threat taunt passive aura, as long as the other members of the party aint activly beating on said mob, the taunt aura keeps theier attention on the tank. Having to cast a power as a choice is fun, having to cast a power just to do my job is boring, repeatative.

D) on most fights in flashpoints, there never seems to be a moment where im not chasing down x mob, to get aggro off the healer or dps. Almost as if im begging to be attacked.

Not very fun at all, more fustrating then fun actually. I get that some NPC"s randomly drop aggro and switch to another member, but it happens to much on just any group.

E) tanking at best is a reactionary system vs a proactive system, in a proactive system i can do things to prevent mobs from escaping my aggro, in a reactionary system im trying to react to the constant change of aggro from one player to the next.

at most points, just feels like im pretending to tank, while just trying to out manuever the dps / heals aggro, which with the current tools is impossible to manage.

Please help!

It has been said that "hybrid" specs are not an intended design and thus are "taxed" by an inability to gain an endline ability. For many AC trees the endline abilities are so lackluster that no one wants them and a hybrid spec is preferable. How and/or when will you be addressing these issues?

Note: for shadows this "fix" was increasing the tax heavily by making mid-line abilities unusable in other stances. Is this going to be a similar situation for troopers, guardians, or sages who also rely heavily on hybrid systems. I would strongly urge you consider making the endlines more valuable instead of adding caveats to mid-tree abilities.

Edited by grandmasterub

What is being done to make customer service better? I have currently had an open ticket now for going on 3 weeks with nothing done to address it and I know there are several people in the same boat as myself. Part of a great experience as opposed to a mediocre experience is great customer service that knows what its doing and can be quick about it. I feel like if my account got hacked, I would be up a creek.

Are there any plans to improve the functionality of the crafting interface? For instance, every time I open it I have to select the option to organize by level for it to make sense, and then even then it could still be organized in order of purple, then blue, then green items. Or in some more coherent way. Also, thank you for making the storyline so utterly spectacular.

Are there any plans to modify the existing space combat engine to allow for open space combat similar to the Tie Fighter PC game engine rather than the existing on-the-rails engine, as well as allow groups to conduct space combat missions? Edited by Skynnex

Oh ye...

Can we expect to see some change implemented so that PvP for certain classes is much less of a "ping-pong" match as people are calling it? By this I mean, there is nothing that is limiting knock-backs and the like, meaning they are incredibly powerful, especially in places such as Huttball where a knock-back can act as a 20+ sec cc if aimed properly (person ends up 3 levels down and completely out of LoS)

Thank you again :)