Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long until we'll get to see a bit more of a continuation of our character's story? Will this be something that happens with 1.2, or will it be a patch/expansion further down the road? I want to know what happens to my Warrior after the end...I want to talk to Vette more (I'm rolling another warrior when Legacy drops just for the sake of this.) Will this be something we can see in the next few months, or will this be a major project held over for a holiday expansion pack?

Third week in a row, and my last round at asking a question we should already have some answer to;

Same-gender romance arcs. When can we expect them, and how will they be implemented? Months? A year? First expansion pack? Only new companions? Re-done for the current ones?

Just give me something, Bioware. Anything. Just enough to convince me to actually keep paying for a product that seems to be ignoring my interests.

Will you take steps to prevent people from appearing as a different class in PvP by using moddable gear? With the varied and extremely strong abilities some classes have (charges, pulls, knockbacks) it is often too late to realize what you're facing when the other one has used an ability.

Are there any plans to address the population imbalance most servers face, and if so are any of these plans "fleshed" out enough that you would like to discuss them openly with the community so we can get a feel for how your team will address such major issues in the future.

What about crafting for Force sake! ?

Are there any plans to improve the utility of high end crafting recipes? There's a lot of threads in the crew skills section that lament how useless crafting is at or near end-game, and a lot more about how unreliable the RE system is. There has been developer mention of improving RE, but what about making the crafting crew skills more useful? Enhancements, mods, armorings, hilts, barrels are all overshadowed by end-game pieces that are obtainable very cheaply and very quickly by commendation vendors.

Why is there plans to implement cross-server for PvP but not for PvE? Isn't the reason to not have cross-server PvE the same as for PvP? A developer has stated that cross-server PvE would make more players act like "jerks" due to a lack of peer pressure. Can't this same situation occur with PvP?

One thing that I've felt was missing from the game was some sort of clearly visible notification of buff gain and loss. Currently, these things are turned on in the floating combat text preferences for me, but they do not appear - that's probably a bug or some strange thing that I'm doing wrong. But perhaps a better way would be to implement clear visual decorations on one's character - similar to the way That Really Popular Other MMO Does It - which alerts you to these effects. Is this planned, in the works, or anything like that?

Characters who have a neutral or "grey" alignment are at a disadvantage because they are unable to equip Relics until endgame. This makes people feel like they are forced to stick with either light-side or dark-side dialogue options exclusively, limiting freedom and roleplaying options. Is there any plan to add Relics that can be equipped by neutral-aligned characters, and can you talk about other plans for "gray" alignment gear?