Stealth is too much an advantage in PvP

telmeoneagain

has anyone else been killed by an operative coming out of stealth and stunning you then killing you in less that 5 seconds? Does anyone else think that stealth should only be given to healers to get out of trouble?

I am interested in what others think.

You have to be aware that this class has only medium armor, which has less surviveablity than the light armor user. He has no shield only his cc, so of course he needs to counter this with high dmg output.

With the massive amount of ranged classes in this game he either kills quick or he dies from all the people around, who just click a button for their ranged attacks within 30 meters.

Edited by BobaFurz

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So first i see a ridiculous thread about stealthers in Huttball using tactics and now i see a thread where someone is saying stealth is too much of an advantage in PvP.

Take stealth away from stealth class and you can as well remove them from the game.

Go roll a stealth class, level to 50, go PvP and we will see your stand on this again.

Jeez every day this is getting more ridiculous.

Soon people will start saying that a healer have too much advantage in pvp because he can heal :rolleyes:

Where people with such stupid ideas are coming from...:rolleyes:

People are already complaining that healers have too much of an advantage.

So that train is already roling:-)

There are valid critisism and then there is just the general complains from none competent players.

has anyone else been killed by an operative coming out of stealth and stunning you then killing you in less that 5 seconds? Does anyone else think that stealth should only be given to healers to get out of trouble?

I am interested in what others think.

Roll a healing operative then, they got stealth!

No, you already got a bagfull of tools as a sage/sorc.

Edited by Sookster

Before the reduction to operative damage it was frustrating but now i am fine with it. I play a pyro merc and they usually lead by knocking me down from stealth. I calmly wait for this to wear off, use my jetboost to knock them back then proceed to burn them down. The only time they get me now is when they catch me with my pants down at 50% health trying to cast a quick heal on myself. One on One I rarely die in this fight anymore.

Umm..... no. As a poster said above, one spec each for the op/smuggler, and sin/shadow are entirely built around stealth. Removing this would mean completely restructuring and re-balancing those trees. No a good idea.

Also, healers currently are hard to kill enough, giving them access to stealth would really make them a pain in the rear, and would definitely imbalance them. So I find nothing in your ideas to be good.

sin/shadow are not built around stealth, but taking it away would remove our primary gap-closer so it'd still be one hell of a nerf.

sin/shadow are not built around stealth, but taking it away would remove our primary gap-closer so it'd still be one hell of a nerf.

I'm sorry but the class is built around stealth. It's an assassin class they can't help but have so many things to intetwine with it.

If you are sitting hear arguing about stealth being in game and certain classes being designed around them. You are ignorant to say it kindly..

If you are talking about then turning around and giving stealth to healers, you are **** ignorant.

These are why people keep saying SWTOR will die. Not only does Bioware have a ton of **** to figure out, the playerbase is even less knowledgeable about how design around many classes that have been around for DECADES works. SWTOR doesn't introduce anything really new as far as class designs. They have the regular **** painted behind lightsabers and blaster pistols.

Come on, why are people acting like suchs "noobs"..? It's amazing that there are people playing these type of games that really don't know **** about them outside of cosmetics and their assumptions.

SWTOR is newb and I just see no real future for this game. Being a noob is fine really, but don't come on here and start up arguments on things that *Crazy to believe* 100% correct in SWTOR....

Edited by Opapanax

Stealth is not OP. It isn't even really stealth. Think it was called Hunter Camo yesturday and that is more like what our stealth ability really is.

So while you think it gives an advantage. I actually think it doesn't work right. I often feel like I am seen coming from a mile away. So I think stealth needs a buff or just a change to work more like what we all believe stealth to be.

Stealth is not OP. It isn't even really stealth. Think it was called Hunter Camo yesturday and that is more like what our stealth ability really is.

So while you think it gives an advantage. I actually think it doesn't work right. I often feel like I am seen coming from a mile away. So I think stealth needs a buff or just a change to work more like what we all believe stealth to be.

People don't realize how gimped SWTOR's stealth is when compared to many other games. SWTOR gives you a good chance to see someone in stealth from a fair distance.

Some games level of stealth you have no chance to see them..

Believe it or not.. In some games, Assassins can actually one **** kill from stealth.. It used to be that hardcore...

And you know why? Cause stealth classes were more than less meatsticks outside of stealth, they rely on backstabs from stealth, saps, and assassinates (big one hit crits that try to kill on contact)..

Poisons.. and poisons.. You're lucky we don't really have that either.. I guess Ops/Scoundrels do get a version of that.. Which is good and an excellent anti stealth move since it last so much longer than other dots..

I never understand why stealth classes are the most whined about classes in MMOs.

It's how they close gaps and enter fights on their own terms. All classes have a way of entering a fight on their own terms:

Scoundrel/Shadow = Uses stealth to help them enter fights on their own terms

Gunslinger/Sage/Trooper = Uses range to help them enter fights on their own terms

Jedi Knight = Uses leaps to help them enter fights on their own terms

I get killed plenty of times by classes targeting me at low HP: Snipers, Operatives, Sorcs, Marauders etc just as I get plenty of killing on my Sent, Sage and Gunslinger by picking off the weak first.

More people need to develop a predator mentality. You are a predator and your group is your pack. You enter fights on your terms, not your prey's.

That and the only stealthers stupid enough to pop on someone standing in a group are dead stealthers.

Edited by IronFirewind
Fixed some spelling mistakes

i never understand why stealth classes are the most whined about classes in mmos.

It's how they close gaps and enter fights on their own terms. All classes have a way of entering a fight on their own terms:

Scoundrel/shadow = uses stealth to help them enter fights on their own terms

gunslinger/sage/trooper = uses range to help them enter fights on their own terms

jedi knight = uses leaps to help them enter fights on their own terms

i get killed plenty of times by classes targeting me at low hp: Snipers, operatives, sorcs, marauders etc just as i get plenty of killing on my sent, sage and gunslinger by picking off the weak first.

More people need to develop a predator mentality. You are a predator and your group is your pack. You enter fights on your terms, not your prey's.

That and the only stealthers stupid enough to pop on someone standing i na group are dead stealthers.

yeeaaauup!