Stealth is too much an advantage in PvP

telmeoneagain

WE HAVE NO CHARGE OR WAY TO SPEED UP AND GET AWAY!!!!!

Once we are out of Stealth we are a target and easy to lock down and most DoTs kill us or keep us out of Stealth, just learn to play. Once you lock me down in place I am useless.

THEN DON'T OPEN THE FIGHT IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN WIN IT!!!!!!!

Most DOTs do not keep you out of stealth if you use your stealth/cleanse ability.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The one thing I don't like about stealth is I can never tab+target to a stealther I've spotted fast enough to break them out before they disappear again. But that's the game's horrible targeting system rather than the stealth mechanic at fault. "

I agree with this. They should be tab targetted if detected.

I also think Vanish should be on a longer timer or have some countermeasures (other than CC).

If you do what good PvPers do and DoT them up, just after they slip into stealth they'll come back out again from the damage. Everyone has that countermeasure

Most DOTs do not keep you out of stealth if you use your stealth/cleanse ability.

I can only cleanse Tech and Physical Effects so ANY FORCE effects are permanent.

Most Force Dots keep me out of Stealth permanently.

Example is a DoT that kills me most just ticks away and kills me before I can go to heal.

Play a Scrapper and see that it is one of the hardest class to play in the game at 50 PVP.

At least you acknowledge that there are fights operatives can't win. and its true. there are people that i avoid cause I know i probably won't win, or it will take so long that his teammates will probably cone help.and kill me.

I'm tired of reading other posts where people still believe operatives can 3shot anyone right now. I'm in full champion gear and i open with a 2k hiddenstrike only on some people. I've never ever gotten a 5k dam medal yet cause i wasn't 50 when you could stack all atoms, adrenals, etc. So i don't know how people think operative DPS is so high. They gotta remeber that the hiddenstrike dam is not what we see every hit, but only that first one.

At least you acknowledge that there are fights operatives can't win. and its true. there are people that i avoid cause I know i probably won't win, or it will take so long that his teammates will probably cone help.and kill me.

I'm tired of reading other posts where people still believe operatives can 3shot anyone right now. I'm in full champion gear and i open with a 2k hiddenstrike only on some people. I've never ever gotten a 5k dam medal yet cause i wasn't 50 when you could stack all atoms, adrenals, etc. So i don't know how people think operative DPS is so high. They gotta remeber that the hiddenstrike dam is not what we see every hit, but only that first one.

And remember the Operative was not nerfed 3 times now like the Republic Scrapper was.

Also the Animations of the Scrapper are much slower then the Operatave so they still win a

1 vs 1 fight by default of 4 moves to the Scrapper 2 moves. The slow animations suck.

I'm having a sun tzu quoting day:

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

Sun Tzu

aka: l2p

This is what it comes down to. Stealth is in no way overpowered. They have the "suprise buttsecks!" element, but other than that it really comes down to how you react to the situation and USE your advantages, instead of whining about theirs. If you REALLY think that class is so op compared to all other classes then why not BE op. You have the same option as they did, to roll this so-called op class, do it. Just dont complain about it

has anyone else been killed by an operative coming out of stealth and stunning you then killing you in less that 5 seconds? Does anyone else think that stealth should only be given to healers to get out of trouble?

I am interested in what others think.

Even with talented stealth you can detect a stealther infront of you up to 10m away.

That and latest patch did something to stealth.

Stealthers are forced to use a 1 min cd, that lasts for 8 seconds to most of the time be able to get close to targets.

The amount of times im destealthed by people happening to see me up to sometimes 12 even 15 meters away is close to absurd.

Above all, you are more then likely NOT playing in the 50 bracket and have good gear, cause then with the current nerfs there honestly is extremly hard to kill anyone in a few seconds. Especially sorcs.

First you want to take away my Operative’s stealth, what’s next his knife? Why do don’t just demand a mandate that says all Agents must become Snipers and all Smugglers must be Gunslingers.

I understand that its stinks to lose, but you don’t seem me demanding that an entire character class be broken just to make me happy.

Last night I was getting hammered by sorcerers, but I don’t want them changed for me. On another day my Operative was having Jedi just fall on him out of nowhere left and right. It was raining Jedi and I had no umbrella.

I don’t demand that the Jedi have their special abilities taken away. Instead I just try to be a better player.

I have one of every character class in this game on both sides. I love that the way I my Operative game play style is different from how I play my Gunslinger, my Sorcerer, or my Trooper. Game play style should not be homogenized for a few but very vocal collection sore losers.

It isn't stealth: Stun lasts too long

Stun duration needs to be shortened.

You mean the 4 sec stun 45 sec cd stun?

How about lightning cage that mez you for 6-8 seconds and ends in a 2 sec stun?

Every class almost have a 4 sec stun.

Stop complaining.

Operatives and scoundrels are the most nerfed class in this game.

You ARE not playing lvl 50 bracket in good pvp gear.

In lower brackets vs an equally geared and skilled oponent the operative or scoundrel will not get in a kill from the opener including the stun, simple as that.

At 50..if you dont pick heavily injured targets you probably wont be able to frag that person before help arrives.

with the 1.1 nerf coupled with current surge nerf, champ geared scoundrels and operatives now do around 35 to 40% less damage on their stealth opener compared to release.

This is the class that was hardest hurt by the surge nerf. Basically its a double nerf.

An operative or scoundrel that does not succeed in critting on their opener might as well vanish and try again or run away. Thats very often how it is.

The class is great in able hands and you still add something valuable to pvp, but it really have horrible sustained damage, and frankly...my vanguards high impact bolts crits as high as my scoundrels once per fight stealth opener.

Its just redicilous.

Its a pure L2P issue, and..keep to the group.

If you are solo, alone somewhre and jumped by an operatie or scoundrel you probably wont survive, but if you have very good gear, or rather, SAME gear, AND you are a sage or sorc, you should live and win the fight unless he manages to vanish and reopen on you once again, at which point you even still can win due to your mechanics as a sorc, sage.

Ya I agree stealth shouldn't be allowed to a point like them stealthing in mid battle is a pain in the ***

another thing compared to most classes the maruder has a huge disadvantage any range will kill them half way trying reach them or tank will out last these guys. Stealth well they stun you and have no idea which direction they are and no chance fight till your half dead even with unleash your still screwed I have yet seen any maruder top of any charts in pvp if I know that class needs a overhaul to be on top of the charts or close.

Ya I agree stealth shouldn't be allowed to a point like them stealthing in mid battle is a pain in the ***

another thing compared to most classes the maruder has a huge disadvantage any range will kill them half way trying reach them or tank will out last these guys. Stealth well they stun you and have no idea which direction they are and no chance fight till your half dead even with unleash your still screwed I have yet seen any maruder top of any charts in pvp if I know that class needs a overhaul to be on top of the charts or close.

Youre either still twirling about in the 1-49 bracket or youve never seen someone who is even half decent with a Marauder/Sentinel.

has anyone else been killed by an operative coming out of stealth and stunning you then killing you in less that 5 seconds? Does anyone else think that stealth should only be given to healers to get out of trouble?

We are well past patch 1.1.1

Nice try.

My problem with stealth or whatever CDs stealth classes have that drops DOTs/damage whatever, is that the cooldowns are too short.

A friend and I were speedering through Ilum doing PVE dailies. We see a red name so we jump on him. He gets down to 25%, stealth! He's gone.

30 seconds later he pops out of stealth and attacks. We get him down to 25%, stealth! He's gone.

30 seconds later he pops out of stealth and attacks. We get him down to 25%, stealth! He's gone.

The stealth/cleanse/immunity skill needs about a 4-5 mins CD. It's a good skill to have when it's needed in a pinch, but it won't allow stealthers to be immune to world PVP.

Lrn2DoT. Seriously. Nothing drives me more mad than healing for someone who got hit by a Conc Ops or Assassin, who doesn't bother to DoT and lets them get away.

ONE DOT solves this problem. ONE.

Lrn2DoT. Seriously. Nothing drives me more mad than healing for someone who got hit by a Conc Ops or Assassin, who doesn't bother to DoT and lets them get away.

ONE DOT solves this problem. ONE.

lol purge

there's no way the dot is sticking to him for more than 3 seconds, unless he chooses to leave it there.

Edited by Vetril

stealth is given to healers, they are called Imperial Ops or Scoundrels :D

Gamers now-a-days are quite disheartening...

Let me rephrase: PvPers are becoming more and more disheartening by the day.

PvP used to be an event where if you lost to someone in a duel, etc... You dueled them again and again and again until you figured out what you were doing wrong. As with everything in life, you worked to improve and get better! And when you did, it was a sense of accomplishment when you beat the other person.

Now it feels like PvPers do nothing but come to the forums and cry for nerfs to EVERYTHING (not just slightly OP abilities) when they come out on the losing end of a fight.

I don't get it? What is with the sense of entitlement among kids today!?

Seriously... to all you gamer-complainers in the world today. Grow a pair and work to get better instead of complaining and expecting a hand-out. It'll serve you well in life and make the gaming community far better.

Edit: Apologize if I am being a bit harsh. But the impact complainers have over video-games is just absurd. Gaming companies really need to stop pandering to them. I read the forums of major games like WoW and LoL (and many others)... and the resulting changes from QQ threads is just over the top. It's got to stop.

TL;DR: Stealth is NOT too much of an advantage in PvP... it is a unique mechanic (one of many) for certain classes that prevents PvP in online games from becoming nothing more than a hodge-podge of homogenized toons. And it certainly doesn't belong on healers.

Edited by Gronrok

The funny thing is that the op is the only healer-stealth. Also, a murader can down me easily even when I devote full priory to healing.

So no, op healing is easy to counter, and yes Cloaking Screen (Vanish) is given to all ops.

Just laying that out there.