People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-People play PVP to complete the dailies.

-Dailies are only completed by winning.

-Gear awarded from daily PVP bags can be harvested for mods/enhancements.

-Losing awards nothing.

You're a game designer and you wonder why people quit at the first sign of losing?

Who invented this garbage?

Well said

Something even along the lines of class/role oriented dailies, such as "Tank: provide 300,000 protection points and defer 50,000 dmg with taunt", or a healer "Heal for 750,000 total points". Incomplete games would award no points towards the goal. Or award points for objectives (10,000 total objective points) or similar. After writing these I actually like them more since they promote not only game play, but team play. These are all off the top of my head, so feel free to flame, etc, I don't care nor will I read replies anyway.

This would be awesome. The "Win 3 matches to get gear" system is awful and only promotes leaving games that even remotely look like losing.

On my level 50 char I leave when we lose because I won't wait out the 10-15 minutes until it's over when I won't get anything in the process. I only want my daily to be done.

On my leveling chars I never leave because they need valor and commendations still. Also, I joined a huttball game yesterday where we were 0:3 losing and turned it around to 6:3 :D

Edited by AetherMcLoud

Ok nobody else noticed that sometimes you are on the loosing side 2 players leave get replaced and you win? I experienced it. What does that tell you?

It happened to me a couple times. For example on VS. We enter, they accidentally plant the charge, 3 people leave, a premade joins, in the meantime I disarmed the bomb, we hold them at the first door till the end and then roll them in under 3 minutes :).

Regards,

Kalantris

Once Bioware implements win/loss ratio scorekeeping for battlegrounds, counting a leaver's leaving (or possibly a legit player's dc'ing) as a loss, for all time, is the natural way to curb this. Those who quit a losing round are weak people and are intolerant of loss.

it would also kill solo queues and you will fight nothing but guild premades. which isnt exactly a horrible thing, but non-guildies/casuals would suffer

a 15 minute deserter debuff is all that is needed.

If you are reading this thread and come across:

• It's BioWares fault for not letting me choose a war zones
  • The other team's gear is better we need tiers
  • Premades need their own bracket
  • My team is bad
  • Well I get nothing from losing

Please be aware that these are all selfish people making excuses. They are also irrational. If we had seperate ques for 3 WZ's with two level brackets each, and seperate in each of those for gear, and seperate in each of those for premades, we would end up with 3 x 2 x 2 x 2 we would have 24 seperate ques and 2 hour waits. But these selfish people want to win and win only or they drop and screw over the other 15 people in the zone plus the guy who ends up replacing him.

Selfish is selfish. These people simply don't like losing and can not deal with it .A deserter penalty is a must. If they quit SWToR they quit, the game will be better off in the long run without them. If they AFK the match they will be forever known as the three year olds that they are. Getting rid of these people is a bonus, they are the same people who scream at bads and quit and exploit.

PS If they did have 24 q's so the babies could get what they want, they would come up with more reasons to quit matches. Quiters quit, you can not change them, hopefully they will quit the game from the pain of losing half their matches like everyone else.

Edited by richardya

• My team is bad

Please be aware that these are all selfish people making excuses.

So you think it does make sense to match a T1 PUG against a 2x4 player premade with T3 because the random T1 players are selfish and look for excuses when they complain on the forum about being roflstomped?

Right.

Battlegrounds need to be FAIR.

Both teams should meet with the same chance at winning. That does not mean, that in every game you end up with a winning combination, it just means that over time you need to have a 50:50 chance of being in a winning team, except of the difference that your own skill makes.

What you are promoting is roflstomping noob teams with your premade for your own selfish pleasure and then calling that "PvP". And you even dare to tell them its their fault.

So you think it does make sense to match a T1 PUG against a 2x4 player premade with T3 because the random T1 players are selfish and look for excuses when they complain on the forum about being roflstomped?

Right.

Battlegrounds need to be FAIR.

Both teams should meet with the same chance at winning. That does not mean, that in every game you end up with a winning combination, it just means that over time you need to have a 50:50 chance of being in a winning team, except of the difference that your own skill makes.

What you are promoting is roflstomping noob teams with your premade for your own selfish pleasure and then calling that "PvP". And you even dare to tell them its their fault.

In a perfect world, no, it is not the best situation. But we don't live in a perfect world so sometimes you are playing people better than you or more skilled than you. You also may end up playing against some with 9K hp at 50 who are in a WZ for the 1st time. It happens, deal with it.

I have never been in a premade, I once queed with a guildmate because he wanted to try PvP for the first time. I am not uber but I win about 50%. Sometimes I face a tank with 23K hp and it is a challenge, sometimes I face clowns. It is part of PvP, there is no way everyone gets what they want. YOU have an issue with premades, OTHERS have an issue gear, OTHERS have an issue with hating some warzones, we CAN NOT have 24 WZ's, so dea with it.

Edited by richardya

I have never been in a premade, I once queed with a guildmate because he wanted to try PvP for the first time. I am not uber but I win about 50%.

Ok stopped reading here cause its obviously a lie. There is no way to win 50% in random PvP. That makes your whole argument void, you either do not play PvP or you are just writing random nonsense.

Switch PvP dailies to something like.

# WZs completed

## Medals awarded.

You don't get completions without staying.

You don't get medals by AFKing.

And even though I have experienced DQs and crashes, a 10-15 minute debuff upon leaving a WZ is not overly draconian.

In any case if completions and medals are the goal, then even if I come into a WZ with a definite loss in progress, I am motivated to complete the WZ and acquire as many medals as possible in that time period.

Add a penalty for leving warzone.

Split premade and not premade teams in two different games. Going against a premade, with random groupupset is not any fun for anyone on the doomed side.

Add balancer of some sort. Stacking all the levels on one side won't make fair teams.

Remove the random game map.

Having to win 3 warzones every day is nice, but when this means playing 10-15 games, leaving is a valid option.

Ok stopped reading here cause its obviously a lie. There is no way to win 50% in random PvP. That makes your whole argument void, you either do not play PvP or you are just writing random nonsense.

It is no lie. Server is Kellers Void and we have really good republic players. I am 60 Valor so I pvp a lot. I know by name who most of them are and their classes and who carries the ball in hutball well etc. I would say I recognize the names of 70% of the PvP'ers on my side and like 20% on opposing side. People on the forums (See Illum, my server Ilum is pretty cool) often assume their server is the whole game.

On my level 24 alt I am around 50% as well. In the 10-49 bracket I dont know the names well and scan the group, sometimes when I get a bunch of level 15's I think it's a sure loss and we dominate, some alts are well played. We have also played well and lost.

By the way, a 3 WZ wins or 8 played is a decent alternative for the daily. If you are actually losing 14 in a row that is crazy.

Not both, I said OR.

Edited by richardya

• My team is bad

Please be aware that these are all selfish people making excuses.

Sure they are....

Wanting your own rated system with your own team is selfish.

Reached my all time greatest leve fest last night. I stayed the whole WZ, on the score board at the end, I counted 23 imperials for 9 reps... Where they 9 at the start? Was that why everyone left?

Regardless, one thing that is certain, is that if they want a systems stopping people from leaving WZs, it might be an idea to make groups stick upon entering/leaving the WZ. I often group with friends, and it's just stupid that you queue as a group, and when you leave, it automatically queues you up solo. I've left WZs only under this condition, as I don't see why my guildies should have to twiddle their thumbs waiting for my WZ to finish before queuing up again.

Sort this, then sort people leaving.

[EDIT] Also, might be an odea to make the timer on kicking people in the spawn zone a bit longer. I've died, repop just as the doors shut, missed the reoppening because of the cat seeking attention, looked up saw the gate reclose and seen that I'll be booted before it will reopen.

Oh and whilst your at it, make my marauder stop sending back to the caracter selection screen if she force leaps through a wall... Allways on a win this happens, or at least it seems so :D

Edited by SicNNasty

My experience is that the leavers are the bad players, the ones who need to be carried and in it only for the gear. The good pvpers seem to stay, probably because even if its a loss you get valor, credits and wz commendations.

Quickest valor I ever got was joining a civil war when we were 400-30 down, while having the ilum buff.