People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

i always hated when people left early as i was on my way up to 50. i stuck it out for the comms, even in a loss.

now that i am 50, the comms dont mean near as much. its those wins. and if you are getting destroyed right off the bat, then there is no incentive or penalty for quitting.

add to this that in certain cases, like huttball. when a loss is apparent, you end up just being farmed for kills. that is not a good feeling. if a team is up big with lots of time, just end it. move on to the next one to try again.

im not admonishing quitting. i hate it, but i see their perspective.

perhaps just put in the quest along with the 0/3 warzones won also something that tracks how many you joined but didnt finish.

there are quests that do not allow certain things to be lost at times. so put on there 0/2 (or whatever number) warzones prematurely left. this would leave room for an accidental dc or whatnot, but if someone left 2 warzones prematurely it would void their quest so that they could not attempt it again till the next day.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my two cents just because. First off, I'm not a huge fan of PvP or losing, especially in class based games with so many options due to one things always being better at something. Unlike say a FPS like Quake 2 where everybody was 100% exactly the same and the wins came down to your skill versus their skill, MMO PvP is almost always about my damage per second versus yours. So believe me I can understand how frustrating it is in PvP facing a class that can shut you down, or even playing a class (like Marauder) who takes a while to get into the grove and can be a total pain to play well against somebody else like a Mercenary who can use half the buttons and be as if not more effective than you are.

Somebody already mentioned it but one sure way to help ease some pain is:

--Solo Queuing puts you into a group against others that Solo Que

--Group Queuing puts you into a group against other that Group Que

In that way if you're going to run into premades, at least half your team will at least be doing it with their friends, possibly on Ventrillo, Skype or some other voice chat so at least SOME form of teamwork will come about. And if you're all alone and going solo, well at least you're not really alone and you're not worried at all about premades at all.

One more thing I would add is another bracket, the Battlemaster Bracket. If you have more than two pieces of Battlemaster Gear, you'll fight others with at least two pieces of Battlemaster Gear. This would separate people with most of the top end PvP gear from those people just barely starting the grind toward it. This would give people more incentive to get into that higher bracket since they'd come into it already at least somewhat able to hold their own, rather than being a fresh 50 being destroyed by other 50s just because of the difference in the gear. They could still que solo or as a group of course, but they'd only fight others with enough gear to balance it out. Considering how many people are in Battlemaster Gear at this point already and with the upcoming addition of the cross server battlegrounds coming, I think there would be more than enough people to que up and play.

That's what I would like to see anyway.

Somebody already mentioned it but one sure way to help ease some pain is:

--Solo Queuing puts you into a group against others that Solo Que

--Group Queuing puts you into a group against other that Group Que

One more thing I would add is another bracket, the Battlemaster Bracket.

We now have 2 Q's, 10-49 nad 50. You just made it 6. After the longer Q times people will still quit because they need their wins and dont want to sit in a Q for 15 minutes and then lose a game. Your intentions are good but there is a reason they do not do this. Not to mention other quit because they do not like a particular WZ and want separate Q's for that. Other will say champion so much better than non-champ. Others Centurian is better than green gear etc etc etc

Quitters Quit nothing can be done.

Edited by richardya

Wins and losses?

what do I lose? Nothing. What do a win? A tick towards daily/weekly.

Dying repeatedly in uneven odds as you try and capture/defend is just plain stupid. As the class most easy farmed with zero escapability/stealth/bubbles/heals what do you expect?

You want us to stick around? I'll sit on our 1 turret in Alderaan. Grants valor while I craft manage my npc's.

The cap timer on alderaan is to long. Control right and left and game over. Any intelligent groups can prevent another team from capping.

So you might as well stand on your turret.

The doors. Defend the doors. I hate voidstar. Its just a mass aoe spamming zerg after zerg fest with the only strategy being spam AOE before they cap and hope your not upstairs on the timed release.

Huttball is ok. In a pug? ZOMG its amazingly bad and long.

Wins and losses?

what do I lose? Nothing. What do a win? A tick towards daily/weekly.

Dying repeatedly in uneven odds as you try and capture/defend is just plain stupid. As the class most easy farmed with zero escapability/stealth/bubbles/heals what do you expect?

You want us to stick around? I'll sit on our 1 turret in Alderaan. Grants valor while I craft manage my npc's.

The cap timer on alderaan is to long. Control right and left and game over. Any intelligent groups can prevent another team from capping.

So you might as well stand on your turret.

The doors. Defend the doors. I hate voidstar. Its just a mass aoe spamming zerg after zerg fest with the only strategy being spam AOE before they cap and hope your not upstairs on the timed release.

Huttball is ok. In a pug? ZOMG its amazingly bad and long.

This is why you shouldnt blame Bioware, there is no pleasing these people. This is why you need a penalty and hopefully they leave the game. No offense.

Edited by richardya

Here is what they need to add with penalty to make both sides happy. A "it's over" button. If 5 or 6 out of the 8 say this WZ is lost, it ends at that point with the other side the winner.

There i s no reason when a match starts 5 to 8, the other team has 5 in huttball and farming begins. I shouldn't have to sit there for the next 8 to 10 minutes waiting for the game to end.

People should notice that you get way more valor/coms for 2 quick wins in 15 minutes than one long win with farming anyway.

Sometimes it's not my fault. I regularly have the speeder disappear on my screen after a respawn in Civil War and get booted out of the instance for not leaving the start area.

Off general topic, but hitting ctrl+u twice (which resets your UI) will fix the speeder thing for you. This happens to me quite a bit too. I was kind of startled the first time and asked in OPS what to do, got this tip from someone else - pass it on.

Here is what they need to add with penalty to make both sides happy. A "it's over" button. If 5 or 6 out of the 8 say this WZ is lost, it ends at that point with the other side the winner.

There i s no reason when a match starts 5 to 8, the other team has 5 in huttball and farming begins. I shouldn't have to sit there for the next 8 to 10 minutes waiting for the game to end.

People should notice that you get way more valor/coms for 2 quick wins in 15 minutes than one long win with farming anyway.

Not true at all. I can easily farm 1600+ valor in one long huttball farming mess than two really quick 400 valor wins.

When I pop into said WZ and see 10+ red names. I'm not staying. Too bad for those that do but I don't enable cheaters.

This ^^ and I've lost count how many times times there have been just 3-4 players on my team in hutball when the match starts and one more player joins just in time to prevent countdown from finishing when we're already being steam rolled by a full team, it can at least wait until both teams are full before starting. I really don't see a point in staying, might as well leave and force it to end early, no point in staying when the teams are so uneven...

I agree

@OP: First thing you should do is:

A: Not suck so bad that when people see you, they leave.

B: Join a guild, but one that doesn't suck so bad that when people see them, they leave!

C: Make some friends that don't suck balls.

It's not hard winning BGs, 80% of the player base is half retarded. Getting all 9 wins for your weekly done on the first day shouldn't take that long, it doesn't for me (and I'm still in the 40s rank valor not a BM).

Carrying 1 12k wonder is tolerable but when we have 3+ of em it is a sure loss and waste of time. Especially as healer spec half the time if I have to try and keep some 12k player up for 10 minutes while he tries and fails at killing virtually anyone....yep fun times.

If you are playing Alderaan, and you suck so bad you can't kill anything so you go afk at your 1 tower making it impossible to win..............why would anyone actually stay in the match if they only need the win.

Conclusion: Don't hate on others because you really blow and want others to carry you.

Winning BG's is 1000x times easier as Republic than that *****hole Ilum's current system to get anything done.

Edited by _Morholt_

I pretty much agree with _Morholt_, although it's not so much about gear, but more about general stupidity of some folks. You know, people who can't pass the ball, people who pass it to the other team, people who throw it towards our own line, people who trail the carrier instead of getting in front and being ready for a pass, people who insist on carrying the ball all the way from their own line instead of resetting it...I can go on and on. One can only witness this stuff so many times before beginning to "rage quit" at the first sight of those people.

IMHO, the solution is:

1. Fix the bug that allows WZ to start with uneven number of players on both sides

2. Allow people to queue with full 8-player premade

3. Allow people to specify if they are ok with joining a WZ in progress when they queue up

I think with all 3 of those changes in place the problem will solve itself.

Just my $0.02 :)

Force me to stay and I'll AFK.

Hey, that's a rhyme. It should be the slogan for our campaign.

Anyways, I have a penchant for this freedom to leave a WZ whenever I wish. I pay for this game and I want to enjoy my time spent playing obviously.

I don't care about you, or anyone else in the game. Your monthly subscription is the same as mine and you are welcome to have fun on your own dime, but leave me out of it if you want to get farmed for 10 minutes for a grand total of 20 commendations as a reward.

Spoken like a true youth of today's society: "I want my cake and want to eat it, too."

Go ahead, throw your temper tantrum at not being rewarded for abandoning your team. AFK. Sit there and do nothing.

You'll get sick of it and do 1 of 2 things: Start helping, or quit playing altogether. If you like the game too much to quit, you'll start helping. I know. I'm a parent of four kids, and the thing they hate most is not being able to do something they want to do. If they misbehave and do something selfish, I take away a toy. If they hit one of their sisters (all girls), they go to timeout and can't play with their toys and sisters for a while.

Eventually, even after a little bit of crying and fit throwing, they calm down and stop doing whatever it was that got them in timeout or had their toy taken away.

It will work here. It always does.

The problem is that the only reason people are there is for the daily. The daily requires 3 wins. Why hang around in a losing WZ that will take another 8 minutes when I could quit, requeue, and be in a new WZ within that 8 minutes?

If instead the daily required you to complete 3 WZs then we wouldn't have the quitting problem cause everyone would play their 3 games to completion regardless of win/loss and everyone is happy.

The problem is that the only reason people are there is for the daily. The daily requires 3 wins. Why hang around in a losing WZ that will take another 8 minutes when I could quit, requeue, and be in a new WZ within that 8 minutes?

If instead the daily required you to complete 3 WZs then we wouldn't have the quitting problem cause everyone would play their 3 games to completion regardless of win/loss and everyone is happy.

...why not just give people credit for the daily quest simply for logging in?

Some of you folks sound awfully familiar to the people who complain that this game caters too much to casuals and pretty much hands them everything without having to work for it.

That's all I'm really hearing right now, with the exception of a lot of white noise.

Why would someone quit a winning Warzone? You don't make any sense.

Quitters will make an excuse to quit if they are losing. You misunderstood. Quitters don't like losing. Everything they say is fluff, they just don't like losing. If they have premades on their side they don't quit, if they have bads on the other side they don't quit, if their side is over geared, they don't quit.

They just have issues dealing with losing.

Edited by richardya