People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

If the pvp in this game was fun, you think:

A: More people would leave

B: Less people would leave

Adding a punitive measure won't make it any more fun.

They're not leaving because the game is not fun, otherwise they wouldn't be queuing up for PvP in the first place. They're leaving because they're sore losers, and don't want to lose. Putting in a penalty for leaving would reduce it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is not to punish people who leave however, one they do that im canceling ...the premade situation is so out of control it sucks and im not staying in those horrible warzones getting killed effortlessly over and over by organized thugs who might otherwise be outside torturing kittens. To put a penelty in place will not be an answer i promise you it will further ruin already horrible pvp. And btw im quite sure op the only reason your posting is because your premades dont have enough sheep for you to kill, not because your on the losing side as a pug, because with or without the afk'ers the pugs still lose, so nice try at trolling.

So you're saying we should stay in the warzones or else they'll go torture kittens? :eek:

Think of the kittens!!!!!

Seriously, though, people aren't thinking this through. More afkers and botters? Check. Longer queue times because less people will tolerate warzones when they know they can't leave a roflstomp? Check. No end in sight to farming the full timer? Check.

There are other issues that should be fixed first before a deserter buff is even considered. Things like matchmaking would be nice, to prevent premades from avoiding each other in favor of stomping kittens...I mean pugs.

A stacking debuff imo first time over it should be 15 minutes, second time up to 30 minutes and so on. Also add reduced valor/credits/exp per round based on how man stacks of the debuff you have. Yes, you will still get afk players but they're removed from game after a reasonable amount of time and still get the buff.

I would rather see this then having Premades removed. That idea is just retarded. Yes going up against fully geared teams can suck but that should be reason enough to branch out and find skilled players that you get along with and form your own premade to get quests

its not about the gear, half the premades i run in people don't have squat for gear due to the RNG drops of the game yet we win 80% (Republic side) of our matches. It's about communicating with your team.

If you crash, you should be able to go into a spectactor mode and get credit at the end when you log back in. I've crashed in winning positions a number of times.

How this separates itself from intentionally logging and a deserter buff, not sure.

I'd rather they fix the other problems with warzones.

Before they start locking people out of them, which would inevitably bug and start affecting people who didn't quit also.

All other MMO's haven't had any additional bugs arise from it. You would think BW would get it together enough and not create more problems than what they fix.

But who am I to judge?

Make PvP worth something more than a grind fest?

You goons are so quick to penalize, nerf and whatever. Try fixing crap for once instead.

Sometimes part of the fix is removing the incentive to be selfish. Changing a system that no longer rewards people for abandoning their team, can go a heck of a long way towards fixing a lot.

Sometimes part of the fix is removing the incentive to be selfish. Changing a system that no longer rewards people for abandoning their team, can go a heck of a long way towards fixing a lot.

Granted.

And to "fix" this PvP is going to take a helluva lot more attention from the devs and time. If they don't do something now, PvP will be a dead zone.

Those who quit a losing round are weak people and are intolerant of loss.

Did you ever consider that maybe we're just tired of getting queued up with the same level 40 geared scrubs over and over again?

First week or so, I whisper people with tips about doing their dailies and etc. After a week of them not gearing up, not playing any better and still queuing all day long I just ask them to stop playing or quit if I get 3-4 of them on my team. I'm not interested in carrying you, busting my *** to kill people only to have you get the ball and run the wrong way with it or something (happened to me twice today).

This situation is getting way out of control. Today, I'm getting into warzones with only 5 people left in them which then fill up and gradually empty again. More and more people are just leaving a warzone at the first sight of a loss. I don't usually leave. Today after getting into that 5 man warzone and watching repeat people joining afterwards and leaving I finally thought wth should I be the one to stay in this if noone can be arsed to take their turn when a loss comes, so I bailed. It's got to the point where the system is now just broken.

We need a fix. I don't see any other way besides applying a penalty. A 15 minute debuff preventing queueing for more warzone seems like the most reasonable suggestion so far.

Whatever happens, it can't stay as it is.

Quiters are a problem but:

1. I lost and yet I got 10k XP, few K credits and 50-80 WZ COM. I didn't loose anything important.

2. Quiters only help enemy for a while and you will loose probably but still - not a problem. My brother is playing PVP like mademan and on lvl 40 he is valor 46, have full pvp equipment, weapon up to lvl 50, champion bag and enough commondation for another 5 bags.

3. Bioware just need to:

A: give rewards like XP, credits and commondations based on WZ score and medals not just by playing warzone with others. On our server there is guild Illuminati or something like that. I seen 2 players from that guild just joining WZ and sitting on some remote location waiting for WZ to end so they get goods. Lame exploiters.

B: fix counting scores in WZ because right now is a joke. As agent I captured all objectives in Voidstar and defend doors later just to have lowest amount of objective points :| That is stupid.

C: give us normal fleet pass that can be always used since 18H is too much. Loot of people join WZ just to be thrown out (not quit, thrown) so they will end up in fleet. Takes around 2m to get into fleet and fleet pass is used AND doing the same with ship would take much much longer.

If the pvp in this game was fun, you think:

A: More people would leave

B: Less people would leave

Adding a punitive measure won't make it any more fun.

Quoted for truth.

Also I'd like to point out my PVP history stats:

DAOC- 5 years

Wahammer- 2.5 years

SWTOR- 2 months

You fail SWTOR.

In the event that say your playing a game of huttball where ya have a guy using a speed and warp hack, everytime he scores he complete disappears and you see him seconds later running thru again. And no i'm not talking about an assasin using force speed then using his using escape. We're talking about blatant speed hacks. I should be penalized because, I don't wanna deal with a game where a player is using a blatant hack?

Force me to stay and I'll AFK.

Hey, that's a rhyme. It should be the slogan for our campaign.

Anyways, I have a penchant for this freedom to leave a WZ whenever I wish. I pay for this game and I want to enjoy my time spent playing obviously.

I don't care about you, or anyone else in the game. Your monthly subscription is the same as mine and you are welcome to have fun on your own dime, but leave me out of it if you want to get farmed for 10 minutes for a grand total of 20 commendations as a reward.

This situation is getting way out of control. Today, I'm getting into warzones with only 5 people left in them which then fill up and gradually empty again. More and more people are just leaving a warzone at the first sight of a loss. I don't usually leave. Today after getting into that 5 man warzone and watching repeat people joining afterwards and leaving I finally thought wth should I be the one to stay in this if noone can be arsed to take their turn when a loss comes, so I bailed. It's got to the point where the system is now just broken.

We need a fix. I don't see any other way besides applying a penalty. A 15 minute debuff preventing queueing for more warzone seems like the most reasonable suggestion so far.

Whatever happens, it can't stay as it is.

If BW gives us a selection to opt out of ques with premades in it, more people will enjoy finishing the war zones.

Me if the other side is a premade farming "scrubs", that changes the objective of the WZ - playing the WZ is pointless so the only fun for "scrubs" is to f*ck with the premades as much as possible - at least killing them individually wrecks their fun too. If premies think they're so "good" BW ought to give them an option to face other premies and see how that goes. Or join the scrubs and see how they fair on their own.

Premies are just bad company in a WZ, bad actors looking to play a game without honor. I finish every WZ but if I'm stuck with their r-e-d-u-n-d-a-n-t, l-a-m-e crap, I spend my time killing them.

Reading all this i can say.. i can understand a 50er for leaving, a their only goas is 3 wins.. but under 50?

When were the times, when PvP was just fun.

Sadly under all this cool class stories, and all Voiceacting.. SWTOR is just another "Grind for Gear".

Quiters go both ways. I was in a premade with guildies that went up against another premade from our guild (yes, premade from same guild actually fight each other). It took 7 minutes to score the first goal, and then we scored 5 goals in the next 5 minutes because the other side quit. We knew that's what happened since our guildies on the other side didn't quit and watched the slaughter.

Unless you believe you have exceptionally bad luck, it should be as likely to get screwed by quiters as benefiting from the enemy getting screwed by quiters. I certainly see a lot of games where after the first point/lead/door blown up you notice the enemy opposition got noticeably weaker, since they probably lost 3 guys. It is stupid but it is still pretty fair.

As Developers have openly stated:

This is only a minor inconvenience to some players and not a priority due to it does not stop a characters quest line of imminent progression.

So it is low on the list for a fix or consideration.

BW's not communicating often so I will help them and pass the info along.

Or another thing that will cub so many people leaving. Listen to the intro for hutt ball. Teams picked at random. RANDOM. Disable the ability to pre-made in hutt ball. Many....MANY people you talk to that leave huttball at least are leaving because they are tried of facing the same sets of premades (even if only 4 at a time can get in all though have seen 8 from the same guild on the same side 2 or 3 times in one night). Remove premades from Huttball and you will see less people leaving instead of getting pwned by premade groups. Plain and simple. Its like you get in game and hope you end up on the right premade side and not against them other wise going to be a farm fest 6 to 0 game that isn't worth sticking around in. So you leave and queue up again while the premades are in a match to try and get away from them. Rarely works but sometimes when you are solo queuing and have gone 1 win in 10+ matches you luck out and manage to get on the premade side and get at least 1 win towards the daily. Make Huttball Solo queue only.

This!

I just leave every time ast the start of a Huttball math now. Every huttball match I have ever been put in was at laest a 4-0 defeat.

Not only that. I just don't like Huttball.

I NEVER leave ALderaan or Voidstar, no matter the situation.

Wee a new thread! Ok, this is what I wrote in the last thread about the same topic:

-----------------------

Guys, currently some people are leaving, and it feels really bad for the people that get stomped because of it. But you need to realize, that THIS currently is just the tip of the iceberg.

There aren't that many people full T2 and gearing up with T3 yet, and those are the players that currently ruin PvP for you. There aren't even full T3s yet, at least not many. And those people will, on average, be MUCH WORSE in the leaving department.

Overall, in the coming weeks and month the situation will rapidly decrease to a huge BG jumping, PvP ruining fragfest. You have seen nothing yet, just imagine what will happen when people with NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY AT ALL are in the queue playing with Randoms.

It will be MUCH WORSE in a few weeks. Much much worse.

- No one that wants to give rewards as an incentive has stated how to motivate the full T3 players to stay in a game as you cannot reward them anymore.

- No one that wants to give rewards has stated how to overcome the current, HUGE reward given for leaving a BG to T2 players that gear up with T3 by completing Dailys and Weeklys. That reward is PLAYTIME and is a very limited resource for many players. It is very hard to overcome.

If there is no type of deserter buff or sticky BGs in a few month when most PvPers reach BM and a large part reaches full T3, PvP in this game will die. Period.

Bioware needs to do something NOW before it gets out of hand:

- Remove the AFK mechanism in safe zones

- Fix the D/C bugs

- Fix matchmaking

- Separate Premades from Random BG

- Fix equipment > skill

- Fix choosing a BG

- Make BGs stick to the player so he rejoins his BG on reconnect

- Implement deserter debuff if players are gone at the end of a BG

- Implement AFK detection mechanisms that actually work

- Implement AFK voting

- Implement progressive AFK penalties

And then, after leaving is fixed, you can:

- Add medals for team oriented actions and fix healer medals

- Add more team oriented daily and weekly quests

- Lower the reward for the win daily and weekly quests

- Add rewards for medals that interest T3 players (expensive mounts, Titles, Social Gear)

This, for me, is the way forward for SWTOR BG PvP. Similar stuff has to be done for Ilum and Tatooine of course. And I believe if they dont do a huge portion of this, PvP in SWTOR will die soon, but thats just me, and I could be wrong.