People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

I am a bad PvPer.

Seriously bad.

But I do not quit or AFK. That is just not cool.

So since Bioware demands wins, and I likely handicap any team that I am placed on, that just encourages people to quit on me, making my life even harder as I try to get my wins in.

So the easy solution seems to be participation. Rather than winning three, maybe just complete six?

That would be a 50% winning percentage if they asked for 3 wins, so that seems reasonable.

People that just want the dailies could get in, do their six, and be done. I played 10 times yesterday to get my 3 wins, so not only did it take more of my time, but it forced more players to have to deal with my badness.

Let me get in, take care of business, and move on, minimizing the time that I spend involved in other people's PvP experience.

Yeah, there would be AFKers, but people can AFK now, so that is a different problem requiring a different solution.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This situation is getting way out of control. Today, I'm getting into warzones with only 5 people left in them which then fill up and gradually empty again. More and more people are just leaving a warzone at the first sight of a loss. I don't usually leave. Today after getting into that 5 man warzone and watching repeat people joining afterwards and leaving I finally thought wth should I be the one to stay in this if noone can be arsed to take their turn when a loss comes, so I bailed. It's got to the point where the system is now just broken.

We need a fix. I don't see any other way besides applying a penalty. A 15 minute debuff preventing queueing for more warzone seems like the most reasonable suggestion so far.

Whatever happens, it can't stay as it is.

Like i said in another thread the best way to deal with this is to have a hidden rating that affects a players RNG for items from BM/champ bags. The raiting would include A.) Overall stats for warzones (healing/dps/objectives/protection) B.) How many warzones that character has joined and C.) How many warzones that character has completed.

A. is to avoid AFKers and overall it wouldn't have as much of an affect on this rating as B. and C.

If you want BM gear, and a better shot at it dropping from bags, then you will need to participate in warzones, not take up a space and not leave. This will reward those who try regardless if they're losing horribly, and penalize those who try to cheat the system by farming only wins. Sure you may get bags every day farming wins, when compared to those players who only complete 2 daily's a week and never left a warzone, but when the 2 BM bags for those daily's have tokens, and the player who ditched out doesn't have any after BM tokens after 7 days, we'll start to see a dramatic shift in people's desire to play-out warzones that they join.

I never quit PvP, even when my team is getting utterly eviscerated, as any of my non-50 characters. Even with a loss, I get some commendations, valor, experience points, and credits. Can't complain.

With a 50, though? Haha, no thanks, I have better ways to allocate my time. The commendations are negligible, since I need quite a few to get my super awesome Bag of Nothing, the valor is not an issue, experience points are obviously pointless, the legacy points are moot at the moment, and I can make it rain credits whenever I damn well please.

Bioware has no one to blame but themselves for this gaffe. If I'm PvPing on a 50, it's just to get my three daily wins completed, so I can experience apathetic disappointment when I open my daily bag. If I'm five minutes into Derpball, and my team is already down by three, it's time to find greener pastures, because the daily doesn't care about how much of a team player you were, or how you stuck it out to the bitter end, the only thing it cares about is that VICTORY sign when the match is done. Everything else is utterly irrelevant, and until they realize this painfully simple fact, people will continue to abandon one sided matches.

I would be totally on board with the "Play Three Matches" idea someone had, because even if I was getting farmed, I would obstinately stick to every single game, as I want to complete the quest objective

1. 2 of 3 games I enter are already over; a premade that has 5 scores in huttball with 6 minutes to go, farming people, or Voidstar on defense at the last doors with like 4 minutes left. I'm not sticking around to get farmed.

2. Of the games that I enter which haven't started, after the first 45 seconds it's usually obvious we are facing a 4 man battlemaster premade with dedicated healers, tanks, and dps. Autoloss.

3. In the event I get into a game that isn't a premade farming fest, there is usually at least 1 AFKer, and no healers.

4. Having nothing to directly do with leaving, but it encourages leaving definite losses: the WZ wins not counting for daily/weekly bug makes people leave anything that isn't a sure win, since most likely a person needs to win 4-7 games to complete their 3 daily wins for the quest.

Winning 7 games as a PUGger could realistically mean playing 25+ matches. I personally have played about 30 games since Friday evening, won 4, and only 2 have counted as wins for the quest.

What alot of quitters dont seem to understand is they are spreading the disease. You quit all the time, people seem to think that is the norm, join in what your doing and quit games as well do to a team not doing good at the start. makes people think "well everyone else quits, i will to if things are not going my way". problem is you leave empty spots that others join and then they quit, rinse and repeat. So how many games do you have to go through to find a winning one when everyone is constantly quitting to find the win? It starts a chain reaction and pretty soon every damn WZ you join is short players or has people leaving. Your not helping the problem your making it worse.

Not only that i have had countless warzone wins after people have left. some peeps have no patience and will leave if they lose one node in the first thirty secs or die once. Goes back to the typical instant gratification peeps that want to always win, have everything handed to them, and blame others for the problems arising. Yes its selfishness.

Edited by Koopababy

I leave forceball matches.

I love pvp. Sadly, huttball is class based not team based.

I want good, solid pvp. Voidstar and civil war are much more balanced, but with forceball being 98% of the warzones for imp leaving is my only option. I refuse to play a inq or war just to be effective.

Me personally I tend to stick around for a few beatings before I start to consider leaving. If I join a game without guild premades or obvious premades (BM groups) I stick around win or loose. I am farming commendations to turn into mercenary ones +200 for a commendation bag...I mean champion/battlemaster bag. But when I run into the same premade match after match after match and even though I often out dmg their side and top my side in dmg and kills loosing constantly to the same coordinated premade gets old and I have a daily/weekly I want to finish.

So if I get into a game that has certain known premades in it...I leave. I know where they are so I requeue and hope I get into a different roataion in the random matches so at least there is a chance to win and not just waste time. Sure I still farm war front commendations but when I get home from work I only have a few hours to play, I don't want to waste my entire game time fishing for WF victories. Today for example it took me close to 20 matches to get 3 wins. Got 2 champion bags from WF commendations before I got my daily bag, and it took me over 4 hours to finish it.

Again for Hutt Ball disable group queuing. No more premades in Hutt Ball. Sure still a chance for groups to end up together but atleast it will be random and not common. Get rid of Hutt Ball premades and the leaving problem will reduce noticeably. I could care less at this point if there are premades for void star or the alderran one since I get into one of those about every 5th or 6th hutt ball. Ideally they would just have one bracket for premade groups and 1 for solo queue but right now as single server WF queues that would eliminate 2 out of 3 WF's unless you do group up. If they go cross server for WF brackets could work for all WF's then.

I posted this in another thread and I will post it here also.

You want people to stop leaving warzones? Then learn how to play the things.

For example Huttball:

Do NOT stand on catwalks or the edge of your area at the cap line. A Sith or Jedi is just going to jump to you and score.

Position yourself away from flames and pools. If you get knocked back into a trap and die you are doing your team no good.

Focus the healers. let me say that again. Focus the healers. You take down the healers and that ball carrier will go down in about 10 seconds or less.

When your team mate grabs the ball 4 need to protect him while the other 3 head for the catwalks and form a chain to score by passes and pulls. You do NOT get a medal for scoring with the ball so it does not matter who actually does it. Work as a team.

Control the middle. CONTROL THE MIDDLE!! The opposing team cannot score if they never get the ball when it spawns. This keeps the ball on your scoring side and makes them have to run it across the map if they actually kill the carrier.

Avoid killing a ball carrier after they score. It does your team NO good for 3 people to try and kill the guy who just scored while 7 of the opposing team are butchering the only 5 left to try and get the ball when it spawns. Nine times out of ten they are going to avoid the catwalks anyway and just drop down to run the side which takes them out of the equation.

There is more but if you are any good at warzones you know all of this already. I can tell within the first thirty seconds how a match is going to turn out by what the team does for that first possession.

Aye and for gods sake do not throw the hutt ball to someone that is being gang attacked already! Have that happen so many times its fustrating. Will have 3 or more people beating on me when the ball carrier runs by has one person attack them so they turn and throw me the ball :( Like I am going to be able to do anything other than die and turn over the ball!

Sorry.

Oh and as the man said...DO NOT STAND AT THE EDGE OF THE PIT!! Either jump down into it to fight or stand back so you don't anchor for the other team to pull them selves to you or out of the pit.

i need wins for the daily/weekly and quitting speeds up the process

This would be why the Republic won the first round in Void Star and got to the Data Center.

So all the Imperial in the same guild quits the game and we start right badk at the beginng and of course lose so the win goes to the Imperials. The did not even get to the Data Center at all but win by the timer running out and we get no credit.

The stupid game restarts Republic to again take the data center that we just won.

This game is so freaking buggy and badly written it is insane.

Edited by Metalmac

Leving the game is not selfish.

What is selfish - to be a 12 000 hp complete clueless nab in greens who drives normal players to leave wz as long as they see you.

Nobody have to carry you to valor/wins/epixx.

Be pro, be famous on your server, nobody will leave your team, cause they know you will manage it.

I can guarantee that the amount of leaving would go significantly down if queuing solo didn't put you against a premade to get stomped repeatedly.

When I am with my premade, we win 9/10 games. Why? Because it NEVER pits us against other premades. When I queue solo, I am almost exclusively put against premades. The only times that I am not are when the premade is put on my team and we crush the soloers.

When I solo queue and my team gets crushed horribly at the start of the game by a premade, the leaving begins and there is nothing to do to stop it.

Should there be a deserter debuff? Maybe

Should there be separate queues? Definitely

pvp is a win and lose sport.

What do you win as a loser in sport?

What do you learn from winning vs losing?

Blaming BW for creating a playing field where we get to fight it out, is ridiculous.

Blaming individuals for behavior that is selfish, is easy, and relevant. They don't care you say, I say they do. You can tell from the angry region spam, the frothing about bad teams etc.

Its a maturity issue, someone has to lose, and that can't be me, im special.

Has nothing to do with "I'm special". Has to do with I don't have 15 minutes to waste in a match I know is in the toilet. Wife, kids, sleep, work, crap around the house...sorry your time is less valuable than mine but I can tell you maturity and ego have little to do with me logging out.

Today I saw a person leave WZ because the other team scored the first goal less than a min into the match, I asked him why, he said "cause your team sucks and i aint wasting my time" we went on to win that match 4-3 and it was one of the most fun matches i have ever been in, a bit later he sent me a snyde remark about "how did you enjoy your loss?" when i informed him of the outcome he got pissed and asked why we didnt do that good at the begining so he woulda stayed and got a win for his daily, to which I replied, we sucked to get rid of the no skill freeloaders that need to have an elite team to carry them for wins :D I bet he is still cussing :p

and you have 6-7 people chasing down one guy in the middle of no where.

I love when that happens. People get so much blood lust or take things personally and decide to focus target someone. I have ran 3/4 of a team all around their pit back towards my teams pit while the rest of my team ran and scored two hutt balls :p

When they finally did catch up to me and dog piled the match ended right before they killed me LOL....had a zerg standing around me as the score card popped :p

The rollercoaster ride of PvP, be it WZ or Ilum.

I personally will stay if I roll into an already lost cause of a WZ. Only because I know I will be getting a few easy medals for a few minutes of time that if I had left would be spent standing in Fleet waiting for a new WZ to to que.

Now only speaking from my personal experience, I dont see hardly anyone leaving a WZ when they were there for the start its those that find themselves starting and discover they are so far behind it isnt worth there time and I dont think they should be punished.

Which brings me to what I think is the real problem, starting a WZ 3, 4 or 5 vs 8. 120 seconds later your ready for the horror show to end, your deep in the hole because you couldnt cover everything and then someone joins you and the misery starts all over again. Someone cant take it they leave and another person soon joins before the timer can strike. My solution would be to to just lock the zone after the que has ended and if the sides arent balanced game ends immeadiately no winner/no loser. No one can then complain of someone leaving or one side being OP.

As far as premades, who cares, everyone has the option of making a premade.

Would like to see voice chat offered in game just to make it easier to coordinate those who dont know there right from left or like to chase or should I say lured out away from the objective.

I love when that happens. People get so much blood lust or take things personally and decide to focus target someone. I have ran 3/4 of a team all around their pit back towards my teams pit while the rest of my team ran and scored two hutt balls :p

When they finally did catch up to me and dog piled the match ended right before they killed me LOL....had a zerg standing around me as the score card popped :p

That is when it is fun to help your team. I do so much damage with my sniper that literally 6 of the 8 people on the enemy team get mad and come after me. I run and they give chase and before you know it the game is over with us winning. I get so many whispers from people cussing me out that it is hilarious.

Has nothing to do with "I'm special". Has to do with I don't have 15 minutes to waste in a match I know is in the toilet. Wife, kids, sleep, work, crap around the house...sorry your time is less valuable than mine but I can tell you maturity and ego have little to do with me logging out.

It's also just no fun. Joining a Voidstar someone just bailed on because the attackers planted the first door with 5 and a half minutes to go is just boring. You spawn at the first door just before it pops and get stuck waiting to run out while the other team is getting halfway to the bridges.

And then after they win, you have to spend 7 minutes on what you know is pretty much guaranteed to be a loss. Not fun at all.

I think there are definite problems with switching it from "win" to "play" a match. If it's just play, people can (and some will) just AFK/BS through matches without attempting to win.

Also, uneven teams are a huge problem. When a game starts 4/5 v 8, and goes on for two minutes, the winner is already decided. Unless you can even out the teams within about a minute, the damage is done. And it has to be consistent. Having 6 v 8 for 1 second shouldn't restart the count when someone leaves a second after that.

If the teams aren't within 2 players of each other, freeze everything (including any and all objective timers) while the countdown ticks and it tries to balance the teams. Might even help with the uneven teams exploit if using it means you get frozen for two minutes. People like steamrolling through people with uneven teams, but if you take out the "people" part, it gets old quick. Speed rolling through a 2 minute freeze? Not so "lulzy".

Edited by Soshla