I'm lvl 50 and valor 59 and don't see the point anymore...

Torothin

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

People forget WoW started with almost zero endgame and almost nothing for rewards in PvP. We used to run Upper BRS 10-15 times per day just because there was nothing else to do. Molten Core and Onyxia were bugged for months. So besides running BRS over and over we would spend hours at Tarren Mill PvPing just because it was fun to kill people.

Here are some of my goals/wants for playing this game

• Completing every class storyline quest (both sides)

• Attaining the highest PvP rank

• Beating the hardest bosses the game has to offer

• Crafting the best item my chosen profession has available

• PvP’ing for the fun of it just to try out my new gear and/or cause it’s fun.

• Finding a Krayt Dragon and killing his ancient arse so I can see what he drops.

• Owning different ships/housing (hopefully)

• Being able to mount the aforementioned Krayt’s head in my personal housing wall or ship.

I know I won’t be able to do all of these, because I have a full time job, family etc.. And I’m okay with that. But maybe that’s why I enjoy this game so much. I’m not trying to finish it, just enjoy what it has to offer and hope for more fun things to do when I run out of my current list.

I agree with this 100%. Ive played 3 other MMOs(EVE, FFXI, WoW). For me, TOR beats them all simply due to the fact that it has been a very enjoyable game at every level of play, and it doesnt require a significant time commitment to be enjoyable. I'm not in college anymore, I can't spend hours upon hours gaming like back in the day. FFXI probably had the "best" PVE endgame of any MMO ive played. The unforgiving learning curve and difficulty level provided a very unique experience for hardcore gamers. But the time commitment it required to accomplish things like killing the dynamis lord, or taking down Vrtra, or taking a shot at AV, is not something I can ever afford again. SWTOR provides an abundance of story driven content, offers some challenge, the opportunity for teamplay, and you can partake without a significant time comittment. I can see how competitive gamers would be dissapointed with tor endgame. Well I guess I am not a competitive gamer anymore, I'm just looking for fun.

your still taking over the same regions over and over its still the same thing just spread out.

Yes I mean if you like that sure but if you have a corporation that has the most players then your kind of SOL because they can control more then anyone else. That's cool and all but that's a type of game for space and that is what that game is built around not PVE content and PVP content.

And Illum is exactly what you described but on a smaller scale. And may even expand into something more in the times to come.

Conceptually thats true.

but eve has a lot more strategy.

Resources to protect and gain.

Illum doesnt really have any of that.

There is mostly nothing meaningful in the space to fight over BUT that can change.

That is why the game feels like a gear grind as that is all there is atm.

Just ride the hamster wheel guys and preach your EA overlords. ;)

Boring game is just a boring game. You must understand that there is a point in life when you're too old for computer games and nothing will make you happy (like in the old times). Leave them to younger generations.

This is clearly not the messiah some people want it to be. Anyways, the world is ending soon so who cares if the game succeeds or not.

Edited by Mindwormbified

Comparing this game to Eve Online in almost any way, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm not saying Eve Online is better, but if you loved that game and you were looking for something similar in SWTOR, you were destined to be unhappy. It's like apples and oranges. Eve is pretty much a sandbox that is completely driven by the player base. It's the very nature of the game. SWTOR is almost the complete opposite in that it's a game which touts its story telling. The PvP isn't necessarily an afterthought, but it's also not the main focus of the game either from a developer standpoint.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with going back to Eve. If you feel that you've really experienced all you can from the game, you can always come back when there are some updates. Personally, I'm still satisfied with it... but with the exception of updated content and gear grinding, there's not much longevity inherently built into this game when you compare it to something like Eve. Hey, if nothing else OP, go back to Eve for a bit and see if you miss SWTOR at all. If you don't, you'll know you probably shouldn't come back until content updates.

And you still provide no more evidence to the contrary that you are doing nothing but complaining without any actual direction.

Because as soon as you called my post ridiculous on the outset, I stopped reading. I'll give it another go in a bit.

It really sounds like msot of the posters in this thread have never even played an MMO before and didn't know what to expect.

Yes, at max level there's some amount of grinding to do things. Sorry. If PvP isn't fun enough for you to just do it for the sake of doing it, then don't even bother because you're just gonna waste your time farming to Rank 60 and then whine to the rest of us that you're bored.

I see a lot of posts saying that there's not enough endgame, but you want the endgame to be nothing but roaming around? I don't really see what you're getting at here. If you just wanna ride around and explore and talk to people and take pretty screenshots, you can still do that there. You're not compelled to sit on the fleet and queue for warzones.

Open world PvP? Well, you can go out looking for it if you want. My wife and I have blockaded a few towns, that was pretty fun. If you're dreaming of another Shadowbane or AoC or Sullon Zek server or something, well...sorry, but I don't think we'll ever get another game like that again. I'd like to see a really good one, but it's just not meant to be anymore, I think. The MMO market is all about serving the "Angry Birds" style of casual gamer now, not the PvPer/Griefer/Ganker/etc type.

Ultimately it just sounds like a lot of you don't really have a beef with Bioware or SWTOR but you just don't like this kind of game in general. There's nothing wrong with that. There's a lot of types of games I don't like, either.

And you still provide no more evidence to the contrary that you are doing nothing but complaining without any actual direction.

Complaining with constructive reasoning backing it can be useful. You're complaints have no constructive feedback included in them and MANY of them are already in the game. You literally named a multitude of things that were announced to be future content in the upcoming months; OR they are already in the game. The rest of your suggestions literally held no water or were inane because they aren't feasible within the realm of realistic software development.

Seriously, given the response time of your post I doubt you even read what I wrote for each of your points. Some of your points make no sense and don't provide any other information to help the development team progress. They are there just to be loud noises. AkA Whining. Here's some reading for you below.

Human minds are expert at creating expectations, standards, and presumptions for all manner of things beyond their control. Those expectations may be unrealistic, but they can compel a person to complain all the same.

One of the long-term costs of unchecked whining, is being ostracized by folks who tire of hearing it. While a bit of whining about shared problems can establish common ground and bring us closer to each other, too much can leave a person socially adrift. It's testimony to humanity's capacity for social subtlety.

Another unsurprising long-term cost is unhappiness. Since we tend to believe what we see ourselves doing and hear ourselves saying, chronic complainers run the risk of buying into their unhappy words and losing sight of life's pleasures.

-Psych Today

Even if you didn't read that. Let me put it in a nutshell. Complaining can get things done if done right. Whining is nothing more then self-gratification.

I read this whole post and I definitely agree with the Psych today article. The only problem is that I'm not whining. I've canceled as well. Life is too short to be bothered. However I do have 19 or so days left so I'll continue to post my feedback on the game.

Listen, wake up and don't be naive. Constructive feedback doesn't equal sycophantic gibberish. They're big boys and girls. BW doesn't need my help to walk them through where they messed up beyond the list I posted. They knew what they wanted to make in TOR and they made it.

I pointed out where they missed in a big way from design to release.

And BTW did you read my whole post and not just the list?

Edited by Waypoc

No, I want there to be an end game that does not involve mindless grinding.

I don't know about mindless but there will almost always be it because unfortunately that's what the masses want and that's what they get. I would love to have SWG back with a lot of what it had in the passed but that's never going to happen so I just play what I enjoy and not fret over what I can't have.

I read this whole post and I definitely agree with the Psych today article. The only problem is that I'm not whining. I've canceled as well. Life is too short to be bothered. However I do have 19 or so days left so I'll continue to post my feedback on the game.

Listen, wake up and don't be naive. Constructive feedback doesn't equal sycophantic gibberish. They're big boys and girls. BW doesn't need my help to walk them through where they messed up beyond the list I posted. They knew what they wanted to make in TOR and they made it.

I pointed out where they missed in a big way from design to release.

And BTW did you read my whole post and not just the list?

I did.

And I read all of his points.

Let me just say that, as a long time "Fanboi" and follower of this game, I have worn the old Rose Colored Glasses for my fair share of the time.

However, there are a number of elements at end-game which I'm very disappointed with... Ilum is at the top of the list. Followed closely by faction imbalance.

^That having been said, I just want to ask if you actually read all of his (yellow) points to your points?

I'm not asking this in any kind of condescending way.

Just reiterating and reassuring as to the fact that many of the things you listed are either already in the game or have been officially announced as "Coming Soon".

Is there a point to any video game, aside from fun?

I am having a blast playing this game. That's all that matters to me. If you are not, that's fine. Play something that you will enjoy and stop cluttering the forums with your whining.

Edit: Delete. Wrong thread. Sorry ;)

Edited by slonep

6 months is not giving it time? They sold many of us on this being a PvP game.

Uh uh it was said to be a pve game by Mr Reid himself on a few vids. PVP was a second thing. And what they sold it on was "wanting it bug free", "wanting it to be unlike every other mmo", "not to have 6 people beating on a boss", "to feel like a hero", " to have open world pvp that works", "to have a crafting system that's worth the time and trouble".

Theres hundeds of these little one liners that they said in almost all of there vids, the toruble is I belive 90% of it is BS.

It could be down to the people that sat there week after week after week screaming to bring the game out already, or it could be down to EA money grabbing system they seem to have in every game they do. I dont know. But I do belive that this game has the chance to be great but I just dont think it will if BW own it. They make great/fantastic/epic console games but they really lack in the mmo market.

And I fully understand that the game has only been live for a month or so, but according to their own hype it was ment to be perfect with no bugs on launch, I know many people that played/tested this in beta and they all say the same thing, the game is still in beta the bugs they reported over and over and over are still there its almost as if they didnt even listen to the bug reports.

And anyone who did a weekend test should of really seen how bad pvp was going to be by the endless "pve questions" that would pop up (even after a pvp match).

This is ridiculous. Do you realize what your "list" is asking for? Not only that but you expect ALL of this from a game that is one month out of development. Again, do the plethora of users on this forum need to remind you that WoW (That which most people seem to compare SWTOR to) barely had Molten Core in place? And the only reason people didn't kill Ragnaros in the first month was because the entire instance was designed with a reputation grind in place that took at least a few weeks of killing trash mobs/bosses to get enough rep for the water)

If some or all of the following were done, I would seriously consider coming back:

• Add Planets with no specific level range. Just a very mysterious Star Wars planet where you can run into mobs that are level 1 or level 50. All levels are there, low and high. Be Careful
    What's the point of this? Just to have a random area to frustrate people? This literally serves no purpose at all. You don't even go into WHY you would want a planet with "random" mobs. That's not constructive feedback, they literally have NOTHING to go on.
    Fun?? Mysterious? Starwarsy?
  • No yellow brick road quests where you literally follow a road and questline like a robot to the next quest line or area. It works in other games because they are much more open
    There are plenty of non yellow brick road quests. Try datacron hunting. Lore object hunting. Try revealing the entire map on every planet. Try getting the +10 datacron. Quests are just that. QUESTS. They give you an objective. It sounds like you want this to turn into some sort of Korean Grindfest.
    Did it. Still feels gated like I'm being led around by a nose ring.
  • When you open a map, have it be the entire world, not just some tiny segment. I know you can click the whole world map and see the whole world but it still seems so small and segmented like I'm running from one ride or warehouse to another
    This is already in the game. It's a preference you can set. Honestly did you even bother looking or did you come to the forums complaining?
    You did read what I wrote above right?
  • No walls
    I don't even....what? "invisible" walls are there to keep people from going places they shouldn't be going.
    This game has more walls than a prison.
  • No exhaustion from running into the desert
    Yes, because everything programmers love is creating an endless desert where you can get lost and then complain to a GM that you can't get back to Mos Ila because your port is on cooldown. Let's not even go into the massive resources generating an endless desert with no purpose would create.
    Lazy game design.
  • More mystery. More mystical mysterious Gameplay. You know, like Star Wars
    Generic random statement is generic. You literally offer nothing to the programmers to work with here.
    The fact that you don't get means you couldn't get it so I won't bother to explain further.
  • More immersion
    You mean beyond the immersion of you interacting with your mentors/companions/quest givers? Again, you don't offer HOW more immersion would be achieved.
    Seriously? Everything above and below this item.
  • More in-depth crafting - Crafting that YOU as the player actually have to do and not only your Companion
    Seriously? People are never happy. They tried to make it so you DIDN'T have to stop doing something to craft. You can be running an instance and still craft. Seriously how are you complaining that you can't craft something?
    Because this is an MMO and not CoD or BF3
  • Player Housing on a planet that's non-instanced. No there would not be a blight if they just added rent with limits on how much you could pre-pay
    This was in SWG. It failed...pretty badly.
    Not really but thanks for playing. Again read the whole item. It couldn't fail. VG did this very successfully
  • Chat Bubbles
    Next.
    LOL that's it? real deep.
  • Scalable UI
    Coming soon.
    Why wasn't it in at launch? These are basics.
  • Movable UI
    Coming soon.
    Why wasn't it in at launch? These are basics. Also based on the video, it looks like the most important part of the ui, that being the main toolbar, Character status bar and Target status, won't be movable or scalable. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Pet Mounts
    Pokemon? next.
    What does that even mean? lol
  • Vehicle Mounts that actually work and feel right. In TOR they just don't feel right. The vehicles in TOR feel and drive like a hula skirt that you're wearing. It feels very fake
    And I supposed flying a nether-drake or mounting a raptor isn't fake?
    What does that even mean? lol. How about dewbacks or bolotaur?
  • Community
    ????
    Of course you don't get this. What was I thinking?
  • More People - Stop the Sharding/Instancing
    Because you know what I love more then people? Lag. Lots of lag. Yes let's get rid of instancing! I love zoning into an area and watching my fps drop.
    Poor game design. Not designed as a true MMO.
  • Pets that are not Companions
    We have pets that aren't companions. Seriously....are you even trying?
    Not that you can ride or fight with.
  • Less Gated Gameplay
    The only "gate" out there is in PvP with expertise, beyond that most of the other stuff isn't that gated.
    Do you even understand what this means in the context of this list?
  • True Open Worlds
    News flash: "Worlds" in SWTOR are like zones in WoW. They are just named differently.
    Again no idea what you're talking about.
  • More in-depth Meaningful Harvesting
    Sigh...next.
    Of course you don't get this. What was I thinking?
  • Remove the mountain Walls, regular walls. Stop making me run 5 miles in one direction to get to an objective that is just on the other side of another wall
    Didn't you ask earlier for more "immersion"? So make your choice immersion with mountains, or would you prefer your NPC's to just hand you gold and experience for just gracing them with your presence?
    This is not immersion. This is busy work. If the worlds were larger it could make some sense. But where this is really pronounced such as on Taris, it's silly.
  • Broker that works
    Broker? Next.
    Oh sorry. GTN
  • Guild Halls - Non-Instanced
    Coming soon.
    Ships are coming, not actual Guild Halls.
  • No Mobs on every single node and every single path. It's ridiculous
    You can avoid most mobs unless you are doing a quest. Even then it's not like they are particular hard.
    Again busy work.
  • No Combat Delay
    It's still clunky.
  • Better Textures
    They are working on this. So far in this entire farce of a list the only legit complaint I've seen so far.
    yay!!!!!!!! The game is like one big concept art display. Muddy and cartoony.
  • Food with Stats crafted by Players
    No. That's what your "Channel Hatred/Seethe/etc" abilities are for. Also. Food=Stims in this game.
    Yes.
  • Moddable Orange Armor that has a base stat so that it is actually worth something more than appearance
    Moddable Armor is based upon the actual armor value of "armoring" so if you want it to be good, just put better armoring in it. Are you seriously that dense?
    When all else fails personal attacks. Nice. You need to read more Psych Today me thinks. I know how the gear works. It's just annoying and lazy. If the graphics were such in this game that you could get epic looking gear then great. But it's not. If it had a base stats that mods would augment further it would make them much more valuable.
  • Open World PvP with actual rewards so that everyone isn't always in WZ's on PvP Servers. And NO NOT JUST ILUM
    Meh. You mean like old school WoW, which they changed.
    Again not sure what you mean.
  • Slow level progression down with sandbox elements that would make people slow down because they desire to
    I'm too tired to even bother with this one.
    Attention span of a gnat. That about sums up the modern MMO audience that likes it fast and gets everything they want.

Also, it just seems that nothing you do in the SWTOR world really matters.

BW's almost doctrinal stance on the solo story design is a mistake. Their stance on solo gameplay as a whole, in an MMO, is a mistake.

SWTOR's group content is INCONSEQUENTIAL. If I did 5 fp's total, that would be a lot. There is no need to do them. You do not need to do them to advance in any way. I made it to 50 on one toon and 20 on another in 30 days without them. You say I missed out on great gear??? Really and with what consequence? NONE! And I was constantly ahead of the leveling curve right up to Corellia which is 47-49.

The group content is fun that being FP's and Op's but it's old and tired and in the end doesn't matter as everyone will get good enough gear or better gear without trying so there is no point to it.

People on the forums tell you do the FP's, OP's, crafting and such but none of it really matters in the end. Crafting : you will loot better gear while PvPing or running regular quests , fps or ops, so no point. Gear is easy to get so everyone will have it so again no point to ops or fp.

At end game the game really becomes pointless especially on Ilum as Republic.

That's one of the biggest things I come away with is that the game is too easy, too much good gear drops for nothing, no one needs you and you need no one. No middle game content that would make someone slow down. No real Epic questing going on. It's just more like doing assignments. You will get everything you want guaranteed. No risk whatsoever. It's epicly boring.

It's the state of MMO's today I guess. Kind of sad actually.

The only thing sad here is the list you created. You have probably one legit complaint. The rest is just drivel and/or stuff you haven't researched. Honestly I think you are trolling, but I'll give you benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I took more time to read your reply. see above.

A couple of things you should note; I didn't play WoW past L13-15 or so and that was years ago, so your references are lost on me and comparisons are just plain wrong.

Pokemon? Don't know what the heck this means.

No clue why people keep trying to compare TOR to WoW at release,If anything you need to compare it to current WoW or any other MMO that's on the market now not 7+ years ago. You wouldn't buy a cell phone or computer then justify it's lack of options by comparing it to one that's 7+ years old.

Seriously do you really think that an MMO will put out there first game with 7+ years of content without making you get at least one expansion pack yeah right be patient and wait for more updates and expansions. That's just dumb... And would be very poor marketing and developing.

I did.

And I read all of his points.

Let me just say that, as a long time "Fanboi" and follower of this game, I have worn the old Rose Colored Glasses for my fair share of the time.

However, there are a number of elements at end-game which I'm very disappointed with... Ilum is at the top of the list. Followed closely by faction imbalance.

^That having been said, I just want to ask if you actually read all of his (yellow) points to your points?

I'm not asking this in any kind of condescending way.

Just reiterating and reassuring as to the fact that many of the things you listed are either already in the game or have been officially announced as "Coming Soon".

Thanks and yes I did. I just needed to get past his rudeness.

How many times must it be said--you have to give the development team time. There are not enough hours in the day or days in the year to create an entire universe AND fill it with every conceivable feature of pre-existing, popular MMOs.

World of Warcraft didn't have arenas, battlegrounds or even honor points awarded for killing enemies in the open world in its first year, let alone first month. There were barely any mods, barely any dungeons (how many times did you run Stratholm over and over, followed by repeats of Onyxia/MC).

All of this takes time to implement, especially when you consider that SWTOR is trying to advance the genre by adding a significant amount of voice acting to every facet of the game.

GIVE. IT. TIME. But feel free to unsubscribe and stop posting in the meantime.

You'll be gone in 4 months instead of 8 weeks big deal.

The game does not offer much, unless you suffer from serious memory loss were every day having a bowl of unflavored oatmeal in the morning seems like an amazing experience, you wont last long either or be able to drag yourself here to keep playing this game in 6 months.

If you think Bio can fix all it problems and add a significant amount of content to keep it interesting in that time period your in for a treat.

yeah more unflavored Oatmeal.

Edited by GothicSaint

Thanks and yes I did. I just needed to get past his rudeness.

OH I'm sorry. Did I not hold your hand and stroke you tenderly? Get over it. Your "response" is laughable at best. You clearly have no idea how to convey your thoughts in a cognitive manner. Your yellow responses a few posts up did not clear up anything.

To provide an example for everyone here to see how laudable this guys requests are:

Original Point: Add Planets with no specific level range. Just a very mysterious Star Wars planet where you can run into mobs that are level 1 or level 50. All levels are there, low and high. Be Careful

My first counterpoint: What's the point of this? Just to have a random area to frustrate people? This literally serves no purpose at all. You don't even go into WHY you would want a planet with "random" mobs. That's not constructive feedback, they literally have NOTHING to go on.

His Counter-counter-point: Fun?? Mysterious? Starwarsy?

Really. Did you just try to explain something by using 2 adjectives and one noun-based made up adjective?

Starwarsy? That's the best you can come up with? That's not explaining ANYTHING at all.

And to clarify, the preference to have the map default to the world map is in your preferences options. Again: YOU didn't read anything I said. Honestly I'm done with you.

Fous le camp troll.

Edit: Below: Point in case. Obvious troll is obvious. Instead of providing any constructive or clearly defined grievances with your point of view you providing short sighted unrealistic expectations with no pre-researched thought put into your posts. And then you post responses with "LOL" as your response. Keep laughing it up fuzzball, I'm the one who has people agreeing with my interpretation of your post, I've yet to see anyone agreeing with your "list".

Again: Obvious troll is obvious. 4/10

Edited by Sykomyke

OH I'm sorry. Did I not hold your hand and stroke you tenderly? Get over it. Your "response" is laughable at best. You clearly have no idea how to convey your thoughts in a cognitive manner. Your yellow responses a few posts up did not clear up anything.

To provide an example for everyone here to see how laudable this guys requests are:

Original Point: Add Planets with no specific level range. Just a very mysterious Star Wars planet where you can run into mobs that are level 1 or level 50. All levels are there, low and high. Be Careful

My first counterpoint: What's the point of this? Just to have a random area to frustrate people? This literally serves no purpose at all. You don't even go into WHY you would want a planet with "random" mobs. That's not constructive feedback, they literally have NOTHING to go on.

His Counter-counter-point: Fun?? Mysterious? Starwarsy?

Really. Did you just try to explain something by using 2 adjectives and one noun-based made up adjective?

Starwarsy? That's the best you can come up with? That's not explaining ANYTHING at all.

And to clarify, the preference to have the map default to the world map is in your preferences options. Again: YOU didn't read anything I said. Honestly I'm done with you.

Fous le camp troll.

Edit: Below: Point in case. Obvious troll is obvious. Instead of providing any constructive or clearly defined grievances with your point of view you providing short sighted unrealistic expectations with no pre-researched thought put into your posts. And then you post responses with "LOL" as your response. Keep laughing it up fuzzball, I'm the one who has people agreeing with my interpretation of your post, I've yet to see anyone agreeing with your "list".

Again: Obvious troll is obvious. 4/10

And so I say again: LOL

EDIT: Why are you so emotional? That reveals something about you? Insecurity issue maybe?

Calm down and take deep breaths.

As far as people agreeing with me, I don't look for that as an indicator of what I will post or as a grade of the post reception either. I'm not a lemming.

But to answer directly, there are many who feel the same way but are reticent of posting due to overenthusiastic BW fans such as yourself who seem to be on a mission for the BDF (Bioware Defense Force) or the PGDA (Poor Game Design Alliance).

My goal is to get BW as well as other developers to wake up and see that the end-game formula that they use now is getting stale and the pendulum is swinging back to a more content rich seeking audience.

Anyway, I'm done enjoy your stress and fanaticism.

Edited by Waypoc

I'm just gonna end this thread real easy:

OP, clearly you want another game like EVE(a good game I agree), problem is you do no research and just blindly buy things. If you had bothered to really even pay attention to this games development you would see that PvP was never an intended core focus, at least not from launch stand point.

It did not advertise a true RvR system, but rather a large open world zone(basically a glorified warzone with no win/loss screen.)

It never said anything promising player driven economies, player owned cities/planets/ships/etc.

Why you joined this game expecting these things is beyond me, but obviously this game and many like it(many are now) is not really what you want, and that's fine. I just don't get why you feel the need to make the 8 millionth entitlement post about it.

good point dread but at the same time...

The basic PvP in this game is fun, fast and furious.

Its disappointing that it has no PvP strategy as it is an RPG.

But it still may come.

In a year or 3 the PvP may be really good as the basics of the classes is not bad and the WZ designs are pretty good.

good point dread but at the same time...

The basic PvP in this game is fun, fast and furious.

Its disappointing that it has no PvP strategy as it is an RPG.

But it still may come.

In a year or 3 the PvP may be really good as the basics of the classes is not bad and the WZ designs are pretty good.

In one year (actually sooner) we will have a game with an open PVP 9999999 times better than the open PvP SWTOR will have ever. Sad but true.