I'm lvl 50 and valor 59 and don't see the point anymore...

Torothin

A ranking system makes it worth it? Either you enjoy the game and the progression or you don't.

I enjoy the WZ's and am like 57 valor and enjoying progressing my character with more gear. Recently I started an alt and am enjoying that. I just heard some of the non-PVP stuff has good rewards for PvP players so I mat do some heroics. I have not started space missions or crafting yet. And I played a lot.

There is a new WZ coming soon and new gear.

If you don't like the game then you should leave but a Ranking system will not change anything in my opinion. No MMO will make new WZ's every day. Anyone can post in any game that they are bored and that they are doing the same thing over and over.

Ranking system or rather a web based stat system would make a difference.

It allows for player driven goals that can be shown.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every day I play less and less. Some of you may think this is the greatest game ever. But I will disagree. If only world PvP meant something and we were fighting for something then it would be great. A ranking system where PvP stats can be seen and rewards given then I might stick around. But so far, 6 months is a lot to ask. last night was the first time I spent the night reading a book as opposed to playing this game. That's not a good sign...

See you in Guild Wars 2 PvP.

Still a gear grind, just different... Everybody starts with T1 garbage.. time, skills, ??? later you gots T2.. more time skills ??? later T3.

Don't fool yourself into thinking EVE is something it isn't.. or worse yet, that it isn't something it is.

I can tell you played EVE like WoW.. all about the shiny and totally didn't understand the game or just a PVEr.

T1 BS,BC are about the most common ships used, T2 are generally logis or command ships dictors and heavy dictors or special type of fleets like Armor Hax fleets.. T3 are usually used to replace command ships for a better bonus in certian fleets and generally the fit and ship will go for a billion or more and funded by the alliance or corp and givin to pilots who know that role well..

Carriers, Motherships, Dreads and Titans are all T1, most of the high end mods are T1 with a high meta and rare stats and mostly cannot be crafted, there are T1 version,faction or high meta of weapons and such with same stats or even better than T2 version fitting wise with grid but cannot use T2 ammo and are not stable enough in supply or cost effective to use compared to a T2 production line.

In other words you sucked at EVE!!!

Why you are comenting on it just makes you look really bad and you should really stop doing so in the future.

Edited by Razot

How many times must it be said--you have to give the development team time. There are not enough hours in the day or days in the year to create an entire universe AND fill it with every conceivable feature of pre-existing, popular MMOs.

World of Warcraft didn't have arenas, battlegrounds or even honor points awarded for killing enemies in the open world in its first year, let alone first month. There were barely any mods, barely any dungeons (how many times did you run Stratholm over and over, followed by repeats of Onyxia/MC).

All of this takes time to implement, especially when you consider that SWTOR is trying to advance the genre by adding a significant amount of voice acting to every facet of the game.

GIVE. IT. TIME. But feel free to unsubscribe and stop posting in the meantime.

This.

People forget WoW started with almost zero endgame and almost nothing for rewards in PvP. We used to run Upper BRS 10-15 times per day just because there was nothing else to do. Molten Core and Onyxia were bugged for months. So besides running BRS over and over we would spend hours at Tarren Mill PvPing just because it was fun to kill people.

Here are some of my goals/wants for playing this game

• Completing every class storyline quest (both sides)

• Attaining the highest PvP rank

• Beating the hardest bosses the game has to offer

• Crafting the best item my chosen profession has available

• PvP’ing for the fun of it just to try out my new gear and/or cause it’s fun.

• Finding a Krayt Dragon and killing his ancient arse so I can see what he drops.

• Owning different ships/housing (hopefully)

• Being able to mount the aforementioned Krayt’s head in my personal housing wall or ship.

I know I won’t be able to do all of these, because I have a full time job, family etc.. And I’m okay with that. But maybe that’s why I enjoy this game so much. I’m not trying to finish it, just enjoy what it has to offer and hope for more fun things to do when I run out of my current list.

All theme park style mmos will have dead points in them. This is why sandbox mmos in my mind keep subs long. PLayer build content in my mind is the way to go.

Ok what MMO is truly a sandbox that you have content constantly never ending because I don't know of one that is not the same thing over and over again?

Several posts make sense. The best end game is no end game. IE sandbox.

Yours? Maybe. Waypocs? Not even.

And on the topic of Sandbox MMOs.

Never was this game "touted" as being sandbox mmo style. Everquest was probably the last sandbox MMO that successfully incorporated End-game raiding seemlessly. It also had a bunch of features that required it to be sandbox such as:

Corpse Runs while naked.

Grinding for hours on zone lines pulling mobs.

Camping world bosses.

Minecraft is sandbox. It's essentially player created. The funny thing is: People clamor for immersion and then turn around and clamor for sandbox. The two are strictly not able to function together. Let me put out an example for you:

Counter Strike. The Immersion: You are terrorists going against counter-terrorists.

Now add in WC3 Mod: You are now terrorists....with the ability to cast chain lightning? (Remember WC3 was a player made mod) I'm sorry, last I checked the US SWAT team didn't inherently get the ability to cast chain lightning, though I could be wrong. ;)

Also, something to the contrary on "immersion vs sandbox" would be this. If I was a bounty hunter grinding for hours on womp rats.....(that's your sandbox) or if I was bounty hunter accepting a contract quest to kill some Moff's cheating Wife. Which sounds more immersive to you? The latter (Which is already in the game).

The other thing about MMO's is they have evolved. Most of the complaints I see for sandbox MMO's are for people who are nostalgic for old games.

Edited by Sykomyke

At some point in an MMO, you are responsible for creating your own fun. The developers can only lead you around so much. Create your fun. This game is a baby. Give it a chance to grow and develop. Otherwise take a break and play the game that suits you.

Smart words and I like them because its the truth about all MMO's hence the name MMO... do more thing with others not worry about yourself.

People really should read more. Maybe they'd complain less about how the world is so unfair. So props for reading, however...

It sounds like you're reasons for pvp is recognition. You knew going into this game that ladders & such were not part of the game. Why agonize over it a couple months later?

I pvp for the thrill of pvp. I could care less about recognition, ranks, ladders, titles, etc. So in that respect the pvp in the game is good (warzones anyway). The obvious complaints would be the bag lottery, faction imbalance/favoritism, OWPvP.

The game's not perfect, but we're not that far into it. BW has made changes & continues to do so; I don't see any lack of effort on their part. If you can't give a company (on their 1st MMO) more than 2 months to address whatever issue ails you, then you're probably not patient enough to stay with the game even if they fix your immediate concerns. You may also try researching a bit more about the features of a game before you buy it.

How long did it take CCP to fix Assault Frigs good sir ? =P

don't forget in eve we have :CCP:

I think the last patch or the next one assault frigs are getting the buff. Yes it took years but honestly they really still do not have a role. I would still rather fly a ceptor or a pirate faction frig.

They are slightly heavier tackle that a Loki could do twice as good with more tank.

I miss flying my cloaki.

Counter Strike. The Immersion: You are terrorists going against counter-terrorists.

Now add in WC3 Mod: You are now terrorists....with the ability to cast chain lightning? (Remember WC3 was a player made mod) I'm sorry, last I checked the US SWAT team didn't inherently get the ability to cast chain lightning, though I could be wrong. ;)

That was a great mod. Excellent PvP.

CS itself was a player mod.

I told myself I would give this game 6 months to set itself straight. I don't know if that's going to happen. Something about Eve-Onlines player influenced economy, Universe, how the PvP is, and how it encourages co-operation(on multiple levels). Well I miss that. This game is lacking something and it is just a grind for gear(so exciting).

I'm valor 59 and have my champ gear and really don't know if I want to even start going for my BM. I want to give this game the benefit of the doubt and give it the 6 months like I initially planned but I just don't know.

I would have more fun running fleets in faction warfare(eve-online) then I would playing hutt ball 90% of the time just to get a bag. BW said this game cares about PvP but so far the overall mechanics tell me otherwise. I just don't know guys. I'm losing faith and interest fast.

Every day I play less and less. Some of you may think this is the greatest game ever. But I will disagree. If only world PvP meant something and we were fighting for something then it would be great. A ranking system where PvP stats can be seen and rewards given then I might stick around. But so far, 6 months is a lot to ask. last night was the first time I spent the night reading a book as opposed to playing this game. That's not a good sign...

I wholeheartedly agree. SWTOR's endgame is hollow. Outside it looks pretty and soft but there's nothing at all inside it.

I leveled another 50 because playing warzones during leveling was the most fun part for me. Now that I'm 50 and my second month runs out I'll wait for a big PvP update in order to renew.

Needless to say how excited I was about this game.

People really should read more. Maybe they'd complain less about how the world is so unfair. So props for reading, however...

It sounds like you're reasons for pvp is recognition. You knew going into this game that ladders & such were not part of the game. Why agonize over it a couple months later?

I pvp for the thrill of pvp. I could care less about recognition, ranks, ladders, titles, etc. So in that respect the pvp in the game is good (warzones anyway). The obvious complaints would be the bag lottery, faction imbalance/favoritism, OWPvP.

The game's not perfect, but we're not that far into it. BW has made changes & continues to do so; I don't see any lack of effort on their part. If you can't give a company (on their 1st MMO) more than 2 months to address whatever issue ails you, then you're probably not patient enough to stay with the game even if they fix your immediate concerns. You may also try researching a bit more about the features of a game before you buy it.

Well for ladders the points mute because they are coming out with web stats or so they said in the video address.

not quite the same thing as a ladder but at least it allows for the ability for player generated ladders.

Recognition is a interesting part of any social game such as MMO's.

To leave it out of a game based on player interaction, MMO, is not smart.

Does anyone just enjoy PLAYING anymore?

When I go into a WZ, I am having a good time. I don't need much more than that. I am enjoying the time I am spending.

If you aren't having fun, then why do it at all? Isn't pulling someone into an obstacle in Huttball reward enough? It never gets old.

Some people need a carrot, I think. Others just immerse and enjoy. Think of it this way - there are some who need to see every episode in a 5 year tv series and can't stop until they get the last one under their belt - that gives them satisfaction.

Others merely enjoy the episodes that they enjoy. Imagine always being partially sated by a movie and not being able to wait for a sequel. I would enjoy the movie I watched, but my son spends the hour after a movie to talk about "what are they going to do next?"

[edit] Point of interest: mute means "silent" or "incapable of speech or sound". Moot means irrelevant.

Edited by astrocanis

I would be happy to play for fun alone, if there actually was SOME fun.

Where's the fun?

Maybe you enjoy your lame mechanics in a god-awful map, but most pvpers are looking for, well, DECENT PVP.

And on top of this disaster, what do we have? A PvP team of complete amateurs who think themselves able to balance skills and classes.

What about fixing the HUGE flaws in the very basic structure of the entire PvP part of the game and then focusing on balance details?

But right now, it's just rage and frustration.

Today I've been thrown five time in a row in a losing game already in progress.

At least four times my team started the warzone with 6 or 7 against 8.

Now this I do have to agree with you on but just chalk that up to ahole players that can't finish what they started. But BW could put a more strict deserter thing in the game for it.

There are 3-5 sorcerers in EVERY SINGLE *********** match.

nothing wrong with that.

Gear disparity between factions is disgusting.

because of players again not the game for choosing the empire more over the republic.

PvP basic mechanics are a disaster. I have never seen a mmorpg with a CC system so totally ****ed up.

I don't mind most of the time you just have to be cautious and smart about your moving like it should be in any game.

Reward system is a joke.

I was a joke now its more reasonable it definitely takes a while now.

One of the three maps (guess wich one) is apparently designed with the sole purpose to ANNOY the players.

that's because of players again not the game it allows for you to PVP without long wait times geez people.

Please find an MMO now that is better than this and if you say WOW your way off because its not. arena doesn't count because that's tournament type and not regular pvp... plus they are looking into it for later patches.

Edited by marinesusmc

While your opinion is, um, admirable, the last several MMO releases have shown that - if you can't deliver your intended experience to players within the first month, you will lose them. You don't just have 6 months to take your time and get it all right.

Look at GW2. They haven't and won't declare a firm release date because they are committed to their product ON DAY 1. Something that TOR (as surely influenced by EA) was clearly not committed to. They put the burden on us to slog through a buggy, unstable, unresponsive game until they had time to fix it.

Let me tell you that you are in the minority. People don't play a game for 6 months waiting for it to get better. There is competition, and it's stiff.

This is the funniest stuff, every new MMO is gonna "get it right" LOL when you see the same posts in the first month of GW2 just remember they got ti right lol.

Half of the problems you stated are due to a huge faction imbalance, at least on my server. As a Republic player Huttball is the least common Warzone, for Imps it is the most common because they have to pair you with other Imps because everyone wants to be on the "cool" or most popular faction. With regards to world pvp, it would be very difficult to balance. Very few Republic players go to Illum anymore because of how badly we are outnumbered. There is an army of Imps just waiting there to roll us. When we do go to Illum we switch to the phase that is least populated with Imps. There is very little that BW can do about these issues. Everyone gave in to the herd mentality and wanted to shoot lightning or be Darth Maul. I'm surprised that there wasn't a stronger resistance to that mentality, or more people that enjoyed playing the underdog instead of the heavy favorite (faction.)

With regard to the gear grind aspect of the game, what can be said? That is typical of almost every MMO out there. Some MMOs like GW2 seem to be trying to break that up. We will see. In the meantime I would suggest you try rolling Republic on a PVP server if you can stomach it. Leveling will be much slower and much more difficult. The valor grind will be slower as well, since we are always heavily outnumbered on Illum. Good luck either way, I hope you find something you enjoy.

Edited by Amanda_C

It's peolpe like you that encourage developers to push content so fast it completely cuts out most casual players. Rushing content because a select group of people have way too much free time is well.....stupid. The game has been out alittle over a month and its BW's first attempt at an MMO (as far as i know). Ofcourse its not going to be perfect and maybe too short, or not difficult enough for MMO zombies such as yourself. Inconclusion if you are not satisfied with the game thanks for paying for the new content I will eventually be enjoying and go back to eve, wow, or whatever makes you happy.......douchebag. :)

Alliances invading other alliances and taking over regions of space is the same thing over and over again? Do go on with your logic. I'm all ears....

your still taking over the same regions over and over its still the same thing just spread out.

Yes I mean if you like that sure but if you have a corporation that has the most players then your kind of SOL because they can control more then anyone else. That's cool and all but that's a type of game for space and that is what that game is built around not PVE content and PVP content.

And Illum is exactly what you described but on a smaller scale. And may even expand into something more in the times to come.