I'm lvl 50 and valor 59 and don't see the point anymore...

Torothin

lol obviously the ppl saying OMG YOU GUYS STOP COMPLAINING LIKE LITTLE BABIES! havent even reached max lvl yet, fs i strolled through the game and hit 50 in 3 weeks. didnt rush, spare time from work and decorationg my new house. done a hundred warzones lol boring fail, spent days on ilum lol boring fail, tried my hand at crafting lol boring fail, checked out the market place lol boring fail lol pve??? guess what?? after 20 runs EASY MODE BORING FAIL lol

lvl 1-49 ahh cool game, i like it, lvl 50 fresh meh not much to do here, lvl 50 after a few weeks wow is tera beta coming out soon? ooh aion is going f2p lol

bio have no skill for mmo. they do the solo play part well but MMO lol jeebus M M O where is it? can i have it?

and to you soft core fanboys talking about hardcore ppl getting to max lvl and joining guilds and stomping eachother, WE ARE THE PPL WHO KEEP THE GAME ALIVE, first time you got to the station and seen me in full champ gear on my cool speeder you were like wow im so jelly, me wanty. softcore are 2-4 month subbers, hardcore pvp guilds play for a year fs. we needed planets to fight over, 8 man premade wz's lol an ACTUAL ENGINE that could handle mass pvp, they said 100v100 on ilum lol check the vid sent to bio BEFORE 1.1

AND BETTER YET CHECK OUT THE GUY THEY SACKED'S VID FROM 2 YEARS AGO LOL CLICK THE LINK AND READ THE WHOLE THING, EVERY THING HE SAID IN 2010 CAME TRUE!!!

and if you still sub then your a clown, open your eyes. get to 50 and the fun stops lol, go lvl every class to 50 while you wait for them to learn how mmo's work. lol /rantdone

Edited by DVSvictim

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I have been playing MMO's since Asheron's Call launched in 99'. Beyond WoW and its clones, this is not what an MMO is all about, this is what WoW clones are all about. Do not confuse the two.

The greater flaw is that the mid range (not hardcore) folks are basically done with the game. I have been to Ilum twice ever, and pretty much only PvP to get my daily/weeklies done, and yet I'm almost a battlemaster. My guild is a PvP guild at heart, though we have been around forever so we have become somewhat casual as members get wives/kids etc, and we have never been particularly great at PvE content, yet we are already collecting Rakata gear.

So if my chill guild is almost done with the game, then I can only imagine how bored the hardcore raiders and hardcore PvPers feel as they have been done with all this content weeks ago at this point. 300mil should buy ya more then a month worth of game from start to end.

I wonder what you people would have done in games like WoW or EQ which had 0 endgame content compared to SWTOR after you hit max level besides crafting in EQ and silly world PvP at SS/TM in WoW or city raids which crashed servers when more than 100 were at the same time.

And by the way if this is not an MMO what exactly makes an MMO an MMO? Because namewise this is an MMO since you know it means that many people can play online at the same time.

I can even claim this game is more mmoRPG than any of the other MMOs before because you actually have something like dialogues not boring text based monologues with 0 decisions to be made.

Yes I know consequences bla bla bla. Get real what you expect?

I told myself I would give this game 6 months to set itself straight. I don't know if that's going to happen. Something about Eve-Onlines player influenced economy, Universe, how the PvP is, and how it encourages co-operation(on multiple levels). Well I miss that. This game is lacking something and it is just a grind for gear(so exciting).

I'm valor 59 and have my champ gear and really don't know if I want to even start going for my BM. I want to give this game the benefit of the doubt and give it the 6 months like I initially planned but I just don't know.

I would have more fun running fleets in faction warfare(eve-online) then I would playing hutt ball 90% of the time just to get a bag. BW said this game cares about PvP but so far the overall mechanics tell me otherwise. I just don't know guys. I'm losing faith and interest fast.

Every day I play less and less. Some of you may think this is the greatest game ever. But I will disagree. If only world PvP meant something and we were fighting for something then it would be great. A ranking system where PvP stats can be seen and rewards given then I might stick around. But so far, 6 months is a lot to ask. last night was the first time I spent the night reading a book as opposed to playing this game. That's not a good sign...

Couple months in more content will be released, new warzones, and more stuff. Bioware is not going to release tons of stuff right off the bat atm. I hear ya on the bordom sometimes, and I hear ya when you feel like there is nothing else. But, maybe you should consider a reroll, or help a guild mate, craft, try some open world ganking, ect. There is tons to do besides pvp all the time.

Then again play some other games so that you don't get sick of SWTOR, I play League of Legends to give me something different to do. :)

Edited by Caeliux

It amazes me how childish people have become over the years. They were content farming the same ****** PvE zones for months after months until next expansion came out , rinse and repeat but nowadays they cry of they do not get a new instance every week.

come on...really...i mean...really...you guys that are complaining really did not expect this...when you get a game on this scale there are obviously going to be some problems with the mechanics and other aspects, and you did not expect that Bioware was going to have to make some serious changes after the game was released. You are all spoiled after playing a game that had already gotten through this period, and now are self entitled to everything that the previous game gave you. If you are not willing to have constructive criticism for the devs to improve the game, than quit, go back to WoW, wait 6-7 months, then come back. It takes time to perfect anything and i do not understand why none of you haters understand that.

come on...really...i mean...really...you guys that are complaining really did not expect this...when you get a game on this scale there are obviously going to be some problems with the mechanics and other aspects, and you did not expect that Bioware was going to have to make some serious changes after the game was released. You are all spoiled after playing a game that had already gotten through this period, and now are self entitled to everything that the previous game gave you. If you are not willing to have constructive criticism for the devs to improve the game, than quit, go back to WoW, wait 6-7 months, then come back. It takes time to perfect anything and i do not understand why none of you haters understand that.

Don't mix PvE content with PvP. They are not the same. OP is saying he/she is 50 and valor 59...

PvE - the game has more than all other previous MMO's currently when it comes to "retail" content. Flashpoints, various difficulties of same flashpoints, warzones, and even world bosses. WoW - the mighty two ton heavy thing didn't have much content until after a patch which then dropped MC. Later another patch dropped BWL. Prior to that all you had was crappy instances with the exception of L/UBRS which required those stupid @ss keys which one person had to have in order to even enter UBRS...

Rolling alts isn't the solution either. It is like watching the same move or reading the same book but with a slightly different ending.

Pve is fine more or less the way I see it and can wait for a few more months while new stuff is released. On the other hand, PvP is broke. Not by class balance - ok, missiles, mssiles, missiles, lightning, lightning, lightning; - but balance overall is ok. The problem is that there is a HUGE population difference between Imperials and Republics and ILUM is freaking broke due to crappy client performance and win/kill trading.

GM says it is fine - designer hasn't spoke on the subject at all - that is what I want to see and will dictate where my money is going next. My question is really this. What other MMO allows players / subscribers to trade kills and look the other way saying it is ok.

Pretty sure I know the answer....

This.

My WoW experience from release:

Nov04-Jan05 - Leveling

Jan05-Feb05 - LBRS/UBRS/Scholo/Strat x 1,000

Feb05-June05 - Log in weekly to raid MC, MC, and MC.

PvP = wander around Tauren Mill (just a flat field where people decided to PvP) and enjoy the low fps slideshow.

June05 - 2009? Enjoyed the game immensely post BWL and other new content.

For me, personally, Feb05-June05, months 3 through 7 were a wasteland, with nothing at all to do at max level except join the same 8 boss raid for months, and months. Outside of that, I rarely logged in.

Flash forward to month seven, and the content got better, with more and more to do at end game.

Glad I was patient.

this

i remember vanilla wow i had so many alts cuz once i got to 60, there was NOTHING to do it seemed. ya either run strat/scholo etc x100 or roll alts. so ya i rolled alts. as time went on , more stuff was added.

ToR is similar. not a whole lot to do at end game atm other than HMs and WZs. I got bored on my 50 after i got a few champion pieces (just got bored of the same WZs over and over) so i made a few alts to enjoy their stories while waiting for new content.

Maybe its just me, but i am having fun. I logged in, chat with new friends ive made, do some quests, pvp some, log on my 50 and do the daily, maybe run a HM if people are up for it and then maybe head back to an alt.

Not saying the game is the greatest in the world but its far from terrible. problem is people plow thru what content is there and then get bored and say the game sucks. as someone else said, give.it.time. 6 months from now it will be a whole new games. 12 months even better.

Don't mix PvE content with PvP. They are not the same. OP is saying he/she is 50 and valor 59...

PvE - the game has more than all other previous MMO's currently when it comes to "retail" content. Flashpoints, various difficulties of same flashpoints, warzones, and even world bosses. WoW - the mighty two ton heavy thing didn't have much content until after a patch which then dropped MC. Later another patch dropped BWL. Prior to that all you had was crappy instances with the exception of L/UBRS which required those stupid @ss keys which one person had to have in order to even enter UBRS...

Rolling alts isn't the solution either. It is like watching the same move or reading the same book but with a slightly different ending.

Pve is fine more or less the way I see it and can wait for a few more months while new stuff is released. On the other hand, PvP is broke. Not by class balance - ok, missiles, mssiles, missiles, lightning, lightning, lightning; - but balance overall is ok. The problem is that there is a HUGE population difference between Imperials and Republics and ILUM is freaking broke due to crappy client performance and win/kill trading.

GM says it is fine - designer hasn't spoke on the subject at all - that is what I want to see and will dictate where my money is going next. My question is really this. What other MMO allows players / subscribers to trade kills and look the other way saying it is ok.

Pretty sure I know the answer....

No, this has to do with the game as a whole, not just PvE or PvP. And i was not necessarily talking directly to OP, just to anyone still ************ that the game sucks because it does not have enough content, or ilum sucks, blah blah blah.

And as to your question, the devs do not kill trading is ok, however they understand that just not allowing valor and points from kills is not the answer either.

Let's not pretend this is even a game that'll last more than a year with the current number of subs. It'll probably drop 50% when GW2 is out and further fade into oblivion when D3 is finally released.

Just biding my time with the crap that is SWTOR customer support.

This has been my biggest gripe since day one.

This game has no point, no challenge. I've already canceled and have filled out 2 surveys that were emailed to me asking how I feel about the game and why I left.

Here is what I wrote:

If some or all of the following were done, I would seriously consider coming back:

• Add Planets with no specific level range. Just a very mysterious Star Wars planet where you can run into mobs that are level 1 or level 50. All levels are there, low and high. Be Careful
  • No yellow brick road quests where you literally follow a road and questline like a robot to the next quest line or area. It works in other games because they are much more open
  • When you open a map, have it be the entire world, not just some tiny segment. I know you can click the whole world map and see the whole world but it still seems so small and segmented like I'm running from one ride or warehouse to another
  • No walls
  • No exhaustion from running into the desert
  • More mystery. More mystical mysterious Gameplay. You know, like Star Wars
  • More immersion
  • More in-depth crafting - Crafting that YOU as the player actually have to do and not only your Companion
  • Player Housing on a planet that's non-instanced. No there would not be a blight if they just added rent with limits on how much you could pre-pay
  • Chat Bubbles
  • Scalable UI
  • Movable UI
  • Pet Mounts
  • Vehicle Mounts that actually work and feel right. In TOR they just don't feel right. The vehicles in TOR feel and drive like a hula skirt that you're wearing. It feels very fake
  • Community
  • More People - Stop the Sharding/Instancing
  • Pets that are not Companions
  • Less Gated Gameplay
  • True Open Worlds
  • More in-depth Meaningful Harvesting
  • Remove the mountain Walls, regular walls. Stop making me run 5 miles in one direction to get to an objective that is just on the other side of another wall
  • Broker that works
  • Guild Halls - Non-Instanced
  • No Mobs on every single node and every single path. It's ridiculous
  • No Combat Delay
  • Better Textures
  • Food with Stats crafted by Players
  • Moddable Orange Armor that has a base stat so that it is actually worth something more than appearance
  • Open World PvP with actual rewards so that everyone isn't always in WZ's on PvP Servers. And NO NOT JUST ILUM
  • Slow level progression down with sandbox elements that would make people slow down because they desire to

Also, it just seems that nothing you do in the SWTOR world really matters.

BW's almost doctrinal stance on the solo story design is a mistake. Their stance on solo gameplay as a whole, in an MMO, is a mistake.

SWTOR's group content is INCONSEQUENTIAL. If I did 5 fp's total, that would be a lot. There is no need to do them. You do not need to do them to advance in any way. I made it to 50 on one toon and 20 on another in 30 days without them. You say I missed out on great gear??? Really and with what consequence? NONE! And I was constantly ahead of the leveling curve right up to Corellia which is 47-49.

The group content is fun that being FP's and Op's but it's old and tired and in the end doesn't matter as everyone will get good enough gear or better gear without trying so there is no point to it.

People on the forums tell you do the FP's, OP's, crafting and such but none of it really matters in the end. Crafting : you will loot better gear while PvPing or running regular quests , fps or ops, so no point. Gear is easy to get so everyone will have it so again no point to ops or fp.

At end game the game really becomes pointless especially on Ilum as Republic.

That's one of the biggest things I come away with is that the game is too easy, too much good gear drops for nothing, no one needs you and you need no one. No middle game content that would make someone slow down. No real Epic questing going on. It's just more like doing assignments. You will get everything you want guaranteed. No risk whatsoever. It's epicly boring.

It's the state of MMO's today I guess. Kind of sad actually.

When i read this i got abit sad. Mainly because the more i thought about it the more i realized it is all true, to a point. I could mention a few more things i would like in a star wars game but lets leave it at this.

The biggest issue i think with swtor is the lack of endgame content! And im not only talking about fps, ops etc. Like the person im quoting we need much more. Especially in a star wars game. star wars is practically a synonym for EPIC!

It really cracks me up to see people complaining about the game, saying they've cancelled and done surveys, and suggesting how to make the game better with giant lists.

Here's the deal. If you're playing it for the first month and have a Lvl 50 and a Lvl 20 already - you played too much. No wonder you're burnt out. Get a life. I have a job, responsibilities, a girlfriend, various books I'm reading and other activities. So I play the game steadily and enjoy the storyline, the game mechanics and activities as they are meant to be enjoyed, thus not rushing to the end and being bored. Sounds like it's your fault fellas for being overzealous.

Second - let's say I'm wrong and you didn't do that yet the game is still boring. Then why are you here complaining lol? Seems to me you still want something to do with this game. Otherwise you'd be playing EvE Online (which I play and love as much as this game), or go back to WoW (where your 'improve and I'll come back' suggestions' came from) and enjoy the non-story. Why stick around here throwing rocks? Silly.

I told myself I would give this game 6 months to set itself straight. I don't know if that's going to happen. Something about Eve-Onlines player influenced economy, Universe, how the PvP is, and how it encourages co-operation(on multiple levels). Well I miss that. This game is lacking something and it is just a grind for gear(so exciting).

I'm valor 59 and have my champ gear and really don't know if I want to even start going for my BM. I want to give this game the benefit of the doubt and give it the 6 months like I initially planned but I just don't know.

I would have more fun running fleets in faction warfare(eve-online) then I would playing hutt ball 90% of the time just to get a bag. BW said this game cares about PvP but so far the overall mechanics tell me otherwise. I just don't know guys. I'm losing faith and interest fast.

Every day I play less and less. Some of you may think this is the greatest game ever. But I will disagree. If only world PvP meant something and we were fighting for something then it would be great. A ranking system where PvP stats can be seen and rewards given then I might stick around. But so far, 6 months is a lot to ask. last night was the first time I spent the night reading a book as opposed to playing this game. That's not a good sign...

This is why you fail to find the game fun, because you dont embrace the fun of playing against other players and having a good fight... if you just pvp for gear, any game is gonna get boring pretty quick....