I'm lvl 50 and valor 59 and don't see the point anymore...

Torothin

Originally Posted by marinesusmc

Ok what MMO is truly a sandbox that you have content constantly never ending because I don't know of one that is not the same thing over and over again?

Eve-online.

sorry but EVE has almost not CONTENT not pvp stuff to do PVP is not content.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conceptually thats true.

but eve has a lot more strategy.

Resources to protect and gain.

Illum doesnt really have any of that.

There is mostly nothing meaningful in the space to fight over BUT that can change.

That is why the game feels like a gear grind as that is all there is atm.

This is true for the most part but you are comparing a game that is 99% PVP to a game that is 75% PVE and 25% PVP it will be a completely different game they are focusing mostly on PVE experience to get you interested and if you like it then you get to see what they have to come up with for the PVP side of things.

Plus have any of you even been to the Outlaw's Den on Tatooine probably not... It is a free for all PVP area where anyone can kill anyone so the PVP possibilities are endless you can have a fight club or something similar like that if you felt like it anything you want but you have to work for it.

For good PvP Tera will be coming out may 1st, it will be at least a hold over till GW2 comes out. It atleast has a nice combat system, but who knows how they will adapt it for Western play.

sorry but EVE has almost not CONTENT not pvp stuff to do PVP is not content.

Eve Online has TONS of content. Just because it does not hold your hand and tell you exactly what to do 24/7, does not mean it has no content. Its a sandbox game, so no, its not going to have a personal story line just for you 'cause you are the "chosen one" along with the other 100,000,000+ other chosen ones. In eve, you are just another joe blow in the world trying to make your mark, hard concept i know.

Yes, we know eve has a grind, yes everyone grinds, but at the same time it does not feel like a grind. You are never in a rush to grind either, unless you need something now for a important fight. Theres no gear grind, 'cause even a frig is useful in fights, and even needed to be in the group most the time. Getting in to bigger ships only means more options, and is not something thats required to be useful. Oh, and good luck hitting the level cap in eve online, 7+ year old char's still have yet to come close.

OH I'm sorry. Did I not hold your hand and stroke you tenderly? Get over it. Your "response" is laughable at best. You clearly have no idea how to convey your thoughts in a cognitive manner. Your yellow responses a few posts up did not clear up anything.

To provide an example for everyone here to see how laudable this guys requests are:

Original Point: Add Planets with no specific level range. Just a very mysterious Star Wars planet where you can run into mobs that are level 1 or level 50. All levels are there, low and high. Be Careful

My first counterpoint: What's the point of this? Just to have a random area to frustrate people? This literally serves no purpose at all. You don't even go into WHY you would want a planet with "random" mobs. That's not constructive feedback, they literally have NOTHING to go on.

His Counter-counter-point: Fun?? Mysterious? Starwarsy?

Really. Did you just try to explain something by using 2 adjectives and one noun-based made up adjective?

Starwarsy? That's the best you can come up with? That's not explaining ANYTHING at all.

And to clarify, the preference to have the map default to the world map is in your preferences options. Again: YOU didn't read anything I said. Honestly I'm done with you.

Fous le camp troll.

Edit: Below: Point in case. Obvious troll is obvious. Instead of providing any constructive or clearly defined grievances with your point of view you providing short sighted unrealistic expectations with no pre-researched thought put into your posts. And then you post responses with "LOL" as your response. Keep laughing it up fuzzball, I'm the one who has people agreeing with my interpretation of your post, I've yet to see anyone agreeing with your "list".

Again: Obvious troll is obvious. 4/10

And so I say again: LOL

EDIT: Why are you so emotional? That reveals something about you? Insecurity issue maybe?

Calm down and take deep breaths.

As far as people agreeing with me, I don't look for that as an indicator of what I will post or as a grade of the post reception either. I'm not a lemming.

But to answer directly, there are many who feel the same way but are reticent of posting due to overenthusiastic BW fans such as yourself who seem to be on a mission for the BDF (Bioware Defense Force) or the PGDA (Poor Game Design Alliance).

My goal is to get BW as well as other developers to wake up and see that the end-game formula that they use now is getting stale and the pendulum is swinging back to a more content rich seeking audience.

Anyway, I'm done enjoy your stress and fanaticism.

Anyway I took more time to read your reply. see above.

A couple of things you should note; I didn't play WoW past L13-15 or so and that was years ago, so your references are lost on me and comparisons are just plain wrong.

Pokemon? Don't know what the heck this means.

For one I can tell almost all of your thoughts are from SWG grant it that I really liked SWG at the beginning really loved it. But most of the stuff that you want is not what most of the people want and that is want is going to win.

Brick road quests

I would say this is the standard for an MMO that gives you content in SWG it had some content but not as much as SWTOR most of the content was from the players.

World Map

It's segmented to allow for ease of use I find it very easy to use and helpful they way it is

no walls

Come on bud seriously what world that has a civilization does not change the landscape and have you been to Tatooine, Hoth, and OMG Belsavis is huge

Exhaustion

Yes they put this in to show vastness grant it I don't like it either but if they have no content for it would you rather another wall there or show that they could put something there later

More Immersion

This game probably has the most immersion in any MMO I have played yet, Immersion is for you and your character SWG had some yes but you made it yourself the game did not.

In-depth Crafting

Yes the crafting is less in-depth than SWG but the crafting was very confusing to most people but not me and I loved it it was great but they may get it to that point in the future.

Play Housing

Your ship is your housing. SWG housing was great but it did get pretty ridiculous but it was really cool that you could create a player city but it cluttered up a lot of the planet for the content.

Chat Bubbles

They already plan to put this in I think. But I do agree.

Scalable and Movable UI

Umm... Not basics if the UI is good and well done no need for that I like it, it's setup is perfect for me. But it's not needed wanted but not needed.

Pet Mounts

They are coming with these in the future they said and believe them.

Mounts that feel right

I don't know a game yet that the mount that feel good except in Age of Conan is the only one I have seen yet.

Community

That is not BW's fault thats your community's fault.

Sharding/Instancing

Sorry but this is the best way to go about multiple people with today's graphics for games. Plus you can still switch instances and you can still talk to everyone so I don't see the issue.

Non-Companion Pets

Vanity pets? They have them.

Gated

??? As in what can't go somewhere until you do something, is that what you mean. That is only till you get your ship and that's fine but all games have a linear core PERIOD.

Open Worlds

Open as you can go anywhere? You can after you get your ship.

In-Depth Harvesting

Ok again SWG had the best harvesting I have seen yet. But again very tedious more than SWTOR but most people don't want that so that's what wins.

Taris

Taris is a city planet like Corusant and Nar Shadaa that has been destroyed what do you want out of that.

GTN

I have to agree but it works fine just encompassing.

Guild Halls

Again its coming be patient and no instanced is not a smart idea

No Combat Delay

They know about it and are fixing it be patient

Moddable Armor

This was made for the purpose for looks and nothing else.

Open World PVP Rewards

They are fixing it patience again and SWG had none except for faction point I think

Slow the level progression

This is all your choice you don't have to finish everything on the planet you can move on after you class quest on the planet and actually be under you next planet if you want.

Again I loved SWG and would love some of the ideas they had to return to my MMO but I don't EXPECT it and it won't make me say this game sucks because of it.

good point dread but at the same time...

The basic PvP in this game is fun, fast and furious.

Its disappointing that it has no PvP strategy as it is an RPG.

The strategy is in winning, if you win your strategy was superior to the other team. There is a lot of strategy in all 3 Warzones you just have to using and find it.

For good PvP Tera will be coming out may 1st, it will be at least a hold over till GW2 comes out. It atleast has a nice combat system, but who knows how they will adapt it for Western play.

Eve Online has TONS of content. Just because it does not hold your hand and tell you exactly what to do 24/7, does not mean it has no content. Its a sandbox game, so no, its not going to have a personal story line just for you 'cause you are the "chosen one" along with the other 100,000,000+ other chosen ones. In eve, you are just another joe blow in the world trying to make your mark, hard concept i know.

Yes, we know eve has a grind, yes everyone grinds, but at the same time it does not feel like a grind. You are never in a rush to grind either, unless you need something now for a important fight. Theres no gear grind, 'cause even a frig is useful in fights, and even needed to be in the group most the time. Getting in to bigger ships only means more options, and is not something thats required to be useful. Oh, and good luck hitting the level cap in eve online, 7+ year old char's still have yet to come close.

Ok so if it had content can you or anyone remember what you did with out reciting what you did in PVP because again that is not content, content is single player mostly but group content against environment not players. I played sandbox games that had no hand holding and had far less content than SWTOR. When I played EVE for the few months that I did I found a small amount of content but not enough to keep me interested out side of the PVP. Every MMO is a gear grind sorry that is just the nature of the beast you do everything to get levels and gear sorry.

That's what end game is in every mmo. What made you think it'd be any different?

DAOC, EVE, DF, UO, SWG, AC1, GW, GW2... to name a few.

What? There's MMO's out there that actually have meaningful world PVP, and not some pointless instanced PVP grind for gear? Or they have competitive PVP, without the gear grind or focus.

Lies!!!!

Edited by Jebi

DAOC, EVE, DF, UO, SWG, AC1, GW, GW2... to name a few.

What? There's MMO's out there that actually have meaningful world PVP, and not some pointless instanced PVP grind for gear?

Lies!!!!

Ill call that. tho your version of mmo and mine might differ go look at Planetside and Planetside 2 tho its a fps it is a mmo 2000 people in battle ect open world battles single greatest *Idea* ever ..... then soe got their hands on it and well yeah >.>

all the people complaining about this game are just sad, i find the game is wonderful of course the games going to have it's falts and sure it's not a smooth as people want it to be but really i think all your guys out there cry about the game need to move out of your parents basements and learn to live life and enjoy the small things, so as far as im conserned theis game is wonderful and yeah you grind someone up to level 50 and your valor is "59" or something stupid that means you need to play a new toon have fun try the story line like you should and now power level in pvp cuz yes that will destroy the game haft the fun of this game is the story lines and theres 8 of them and unless you did them all them got to level 50 on all 8 classes then maybe, yes maybe you have to much time on your hands and need to get out. and for Gods sake take a shower

For one I can tell almost all of your thoughts are from SWG grant it that I really liked SWG at the beginning really loved it. But most of the stuff that you want is not what most of the people want and that is want is going to win.

Brick road quests

I would say this is the standard for an MMO that gives you content in SWG it had some content but not as much as SWTOR most of the content was from the players.

World Map

It's segmented to allow for ease of use I find it very easy to use and helpful they way it is

no walls

Come on bud seriously what world that has a civilization does not change the landscape and have you been to Tatooine, Hoth, and OMG Belsavis is huge

Exhaustion

Yes they put this in to show vastness grant it I don't like it either but if they have no content for it would you rather another wall there or show that they could put something there later

More Immersion

This game probably has the most immersion in any MMO I have played yet, Immersion is for you and your character SWG had some yes but you made it yourself the game did not.

In-depth Crafting

Yes the crafting is less in-depth than SWG but the crafting was very confusing to most people but not me and I loved it it was great but they may get it to that point in the future.

Play Housing

Your ship is your housing. SWG housing was great but it did get pretty ridiculous but it was really cool that you could create a player city but it cluttered up a lot of the planet for the content.

Chat Bubbles

They already plan to put this in I think. But I do agree.

Scalable and Movable UI

Umm... Not basics if the UI is good and well done no need for that I like it, it's setup is perfect for me. But it's not needed wanted but not needed.

Pet Mounts

They are coming with these in the future they said and believe them.

Mounts that feel right

I don't know a game yet that the mount that feel good except in Age of Conan is the only one I have seen yet.

Community

That is not BW's fault thats your community's fault.

Sharding/Instancing

Sorry but this is the best way to go about multiple people with today's graphics for games. Plus you can still switch instances and you can still talk to everyone so I don't see the issue.

Non-Companion Pets

Vanity pets? They have them.

Gated

??? As in what can't go somewhere until you do something, is that what you mean. That is only till you get your ship and that's fine but all games have a linear core PERIOD.

Open Worlds

Open as you can go anywhere? You can after you get your ship.

In-Depth Harvesting

Ok again SWG had the best harvesting I have seen yet. But again very tedious more than SWTOR but most people don't want that so that's what wins.

Taris

Taris is a city planet like Corusant and Nar Shadaa that has been destroyed what do you want out of that.

GTN

I have to agree but it works fine just encompassing.

Guild Halls

Again its coming be patient and no instanced is not a smart idea

No Combat Delay

They know about it and are fixing it be patient

Moddable Armor

This was made for the purpose for looks and nothing else.

Open World PVP Rewards

They are fixing it patience again and SWG had none except for faction point I think

Slow the level progression

This is all your choice you don't have to finish everything on the planet you can move on after you class quest on the planet and actually be under you next planet if you want.

Again I loved SWG and would love some of the ideas they had to return to my MMO but I don't EXPECT it and it won't make me say this game sucks because of it.

Thanks for your post. While I don't agree with all of your counterpoints and you may have misunderstood what I was trying to convey (my fault), I respect your opinion.

What I should also add is that I will be back in the 6 month range or possibly pop in to help the few friends that stay. So I will be patient, but I'll still voice my opinion and concerns.

Edited by Waypoc

Every day I play less and less.
The lack of open world pvp kills the fun for me. 7 fps, kill trading, zero objectives - who designed this? Add ability delay, animation delay, resolve not working correctly, faction imbalance, all of which make this the worst pvp, I have ever experienced.

Thanks for your post. While I don't agree with all of your counterpoints and you may have misunderstood what I was trying to convey (my fault), I respect your opinion.

What I should also add is that I will be back in the 6 month range or possibly pop in to help the few friends that stay. So I will be patient, but I'll still voice my opinion and concerns.

I appreciate your respect for my opinions as well but please to allow us get a better understanding of what you mean or are talking about you have to explain your opinions don't just give them or things like these other guys said will be said.

SWTOR is too squarely aimed at the casual gaming Star Wars fan interested in an RP story to EVER be that kind of game OP. It is what it is. Good luck and have fun in Eve.

They do have focus on PVP just not yet they are trying to iron out the bugs and keep people happy at the same time. So please stop the incessant whining and either enjoy what is there or leave, be patient. I will laugh when the PVP in this game becomes revolutionary because the games setup has the ability to become just that and you guys are not here to enjoy it. If you don't understand the gaming development staging and marketing please don't blame them for trying and helping the community. No game company will put out a game with more than 1 years worth of content that's just dumb for marketing. So stop expecting it.

Explain to me that earning gear is my end game. Once I complete my daily's and weekly's I have no point in playing once I hit BM. Tell me what's the fun in that?

Ilum lagfest with random disconnects is fun..If you don't think so, this game isn't for you.