7.3 Content is now available on the PTS!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, 

7.3 content can now be tested on the Public Test Server! As always, please be sure to read all of the information and instructions below before jumping onto the PTS. 

What will be available to test are the following pieces of content: 

• The new landing zone called the Interpreter’s Retreat
  • Non crit path missions via mission terminals
  • Shrine of Silence Flashpoint 
    • Story Mode
    • Veteran Mode
    • Master Mode
  • PvP Map Changes
  • Class balance changes
  • Economic Balance Changes
  • Progression updates

What will not be available to test are the following pieces of content: 

• PvP Seasons 3 track

How to set up for the Public Test Server

First, if you’ve never tested anything on the PTS before, be sure to read through the Getting Started on the PTS post. If you are wanting to start from level 1, be sure to not use any level boost tokens as this is a test environment!

That said, character copy will be available for this phase of PTS for those who would like to utilize it. 

When logging into the PTS, players will be directed to travel to the Interpreter’s Retreat area from the starter planet. A vendor will be made available at the landing zone to provide gear. As stated above, only the non crit path missions will be active during the test phase. Players can obtain these missions via the mission terminals found in the landing zone. 

In order to queue up for the Shrine of Silence Flashpoint, players must use Group Finder. This will be set up so that players will only see Shrine of Silence to ensure that they queue up for the appropriate Flashpoint. 

Please note that incomplete assets will be marked with WIP or Placeholder nameplates. 

Here are all the places where players can 1) read up on additional info on changes coming to 7.3 and 2) leave feedback regarding said changes.   

Interpreter’s Retreat PTS Feedback thread

Shrine of Silence Flashpoint 

Class balance changes

PvP Map Changes

Economic Balance Changes

Progression updates 

Please also be sure to keep an eye on the Known Issues post.  Expect this post to be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect changes and updates regarding PTS as time passes.

We look forward to reading your feedback! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

hi  @JackieKo , sorry to bother you here but this other thread:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929201-73-pts-known-issues/  ...is  *locked*  so i couldn't post in there about it. 

Anyways, please see below:

On 5/3/2023 at 10:12 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

7.3 content can now be tested on the Public Test Server!

We look forward to reading your feedback!

• Defeating the ball carrier in PvP Arenas doesn't grant the correct amount of points

i think that ^  is a TYPO and  the Devs must've meant  Warzones  instead?

Unless there's a new 'Huttball'  4 vs. 4  ARENA coming with 7.3 ? :tran_tongue:

• Dev Post
On 5/6/2023 at 2:28 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

@JackieKo 

I wanted to check with you before going to the trouble of downloading the PTS.
Is the PTS open to all players (like the Shae Vizla server was) or is it back to only subscribers again?

This is the regular Public Test Server, so it is only open to Subscribers. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I was very excited while downloading the test server this morning. Thinking the 3.2% boltstorm boost that is given to the commando Gunnery, would be enough to make a moderate damage output difference. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case. Ran 3, 5 minutes tests in the dummy with the exact same result. 24 to 24.5k in the 3 different tests. This is consistent to what I get in the live servers or approximately 20% less damage than the other 3 classes.

Edited by Rubmon

1 minute ago, Rubmon said:

I was very excited while downloading the test server this morning. Thinking the 3.2% boltstorm boost that is given to the commander Gunnery, would be enough to make a moderate damage output difference. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case. Ran 3, 5 minutes tests in the dummy with the exact same result. 24 to 24.5k in the 3 different tests. This is consistent to what I get in the live servers or approximately 20% less damage than the other 3 classes.

Boltstorm should be 25% of your rotation damage roughly, so that's a 0.8% buff to damage across an entire parse.  0.8% of 24k is 192 dps increase.

If you want to provide class feedback, you should be posting in https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929204-pts-class-balance-changes-feedback/

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We'll be releasing a new PTS phase in the coming days to fix some of the bugs that you have been reporting. I'll be updating the Known Issues post with all the relevant information when we get everything finalized.

That said, with Season 3, we will be adding GSF to the weekly objectives for the PvP Seasons track. The team would like to know what would be a sufficient amount of medals to earn that would satisfy the weekly objective requirement. We have a couple of numbers in mind, but we wanted to throw the question to our players and get your insight before the change goes live. Please leave feedback in this thread to help us keep info consolidated. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

We'll be releasing a new PTS phase in the coming days to fix some of the bugs that you have been reporting. I'll be updating the Known Issues post with all the relevant information when we get everything finalized.

That said, with Season 3, we will be adding GSF to the weekly objectives for the PvP Seasons track. The team would like to know what would be a sufficient amount of medals to earn that would satisfy the weekly objective requirement. We have a couple of numbers in mind, but we wanted to throw the question to our players and get your insight before the change goes live. Please leave feedback in this thread to help us keep info consolidated. 

Thanks!

Nobody wants GSF as part of the pvp objective. Don't make this decision or you'll lose even more subs than you did when you decided to skip out on R-4. Absolutely do NOT make this a requirement to complete a season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, AMAirlines said:

Nobody wants GSF as part of the pvp objective. Don't make this decision or you'll lose even more subs than you did when you decided to skip out on R-4. Absolutely do NOT make this a requirement to complete a season.

I want GSF as part of the PVP track, and so do several other people I know. You don't speak for all of us. They didn't say you could only use GSF to get your reward track. I think they will let us choose one or the other, whichever we prefer. Not sure why you have a problem with people being able to choose. We have been wanting BW to count GSF as PVP for a long time. This will make us happy. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, AMAirlines said:

ehh it's just the weekly objectives, if you play arenas and warzones you max out on 4 anyway (even if the remove some arena/WZs weekly objectives you still get points by playing them anyway.)

Edited by meddani

21 hours ago, AMAirlines said:

Only the Warzone and Arena sweats don't want GSF, keep your two game modes, let the rest of us that like GSF actually participate in the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 9:27 PM, juanmf said:

Only the Warzone and Arena sweats don't want GSF, keep your two game modes, let the rest of us that like GSF actually participate in the season.

The feedback thread for GSF in Test center forums makes it very clear what community in general wants: Almost everybody would be happy to see GSF as part of pvp season. Then you have like two or three arena diehards  gatekeeping for some weird reason.

GSF is the only part of SWTOR made purely for pvp from the ground up. Ofc it should be part of the  pvp season. If GSF doesn't "deserve it", then nothing does.

Literally everything you ever do in ground pvp is some mess of compromises and sacrifices, made on altar of pve balance, greater  class balance in OPS and other pve related dependencies.    When compared to GSF, it is an absolute hopeless mess in this way.

Meanwhile, literally every single little thing in GSF has been made exclusively for pvp.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:27 AM, Darthjantom said:

Like @VisonaStar I too asked for GSF to be added, as did plenty of others who enjoy GSF and felt it wasn't treated as a PVP mode by BW with its complete exclusion from the PVP seasons so far. I'm happy to hear they will count for PVP seasons in the future too.

Unless they don't. BW kept feedback for the idea active for TWO DAYS, then thanked for feedback and walked away from the idea. Reasons @BryantWood listed for its exclusion are things that make no sense to anyone who likes/knows GSF.

• Like 1