PTS: Interpreter’s Retreat Feedback

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Players can provide their feedback for their experiences in the Interpreter’s Retreat here. 

• Which missions did you play?
  • Were there any missions you were unable to complete?
  • Were any missions frustrating or difficult to progress? Which ones and why?
  • Which was your favorite mission? Your least favorite? Why?
  • Did you complete any achievements? Which ones?
  • Did you have a favorite achievement?
  • Have you run into any bugs? If so, please offer step by step details so we may be able to reproduce your experience. 
  • Is there any other general feedback you would like to share? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe I played all of them, I went back to the mission board to pick up the ones that follow the first ones, like the water one had a follow up one and such.

Nop! At least all missions that were available for me were completable with no issues, everything spawned correctly and triggered properly. 

I think they were all pretty just right in difficulty, it also helps you can tackle multiple of them at the same time. The only nitpick would be that there is a lot of enemies in some areas you would trigger often but that's just part of it not really an issue.

Working at the bar! I love the amount of details that went into that mission, from cleaning up, washing your hands before starting the shift, to doing the cooking, a nice little throwback to Prosperity event, but also having its own unique little side stuff like getting to enjoy some food yourself and sweep the floor later.

Aside from the normal ones from defeating enemies and clearing missions, I found the one with a very tiny mawvorr, that one was cute, and the one with contemplation in front of the flashpoint entrance. I enjoyed triggering those naturally from playing rather than directly looking for them.

I think the very tiny mawvorr one so far, as Iwas just jumping around exploring and then got it to pop and turned around and see it and was a nice detail I would have missed! 

• Have you run into any bugs? If so, please offer step by step details so we may be able to reproduce your experience. 

Nothing in terms of gameplay bugs, just visual bugs. for example, the Voss mercenary helmet does not dye, everything else on the set does but that helmet. Same goes for the Voss Powertech helmet, at least on the previews. I did not grab them so can't test if it's just a preview issue.

The other visual bug is the rocks issue that was also on the main game until last update, where there are rocks missing texture, so they glow green intensely and have some text on them if you look closely. They were found on Voss and on the flashpoint as well, I didn't mind them much though because aesthetically they don't look wrong on the location but figured to point it out.

Another strange one is when previewing the armor sets, sometimes the preview would suddenly remove every armor piece I'm previewing, like it would do a sudden reset, had this happen on the flashpoint armor vendor on this location, didn't experience it when previewing collections tab.

It's a great new location with neat little missions to do, overall had a great time running them all and exploring! Also excited and happy to say everything worked great without game issue! My only confusion with it is if it's meant to be a grindable area, as some missions didn't give rewards beyond just xp and credits, while others did properly give tech fragments and conquest commendations.

Edited by Sonicphoto
Editing colors for better readability

• Which missions did you play? - I was able to play all of them from what I cna tell.  The one time missions and than the 6 repeatable missions

• Were there any missions you were unable to complete? - no

• Were any missions frustrating or difficult to progress? Which ones and why? - no, I was able to figure out every mission pretty quickly

• Which was your favorite mission? Your least favorite? Why? - My favorite mission is the Cantina mess one because of how fun and different it is compared to most missions you do in the game.  Don't really have a least favorite right now.

• Did you complete any achievements? Which ones? - I completed the monster hunting achievements, the picnic achievement, the contemplation achievement and I did find the small creature achievement

• Did you have a favorite achievement? - the picnic one was fun, since it was neat naturally finding the different ingredients that I needed for it, and then finding the perfect spot to have the picnic.

• Have you run into any bugs? If so, please offer step by step details so we may be able to reproduce your experience. - not with any of the missions as far as I can tell.  But there might be a bug with the nutrients vendor.  one, there seems to be only one nutrient that you can buy there, not sure if there is suppose to be more.  Also when I first arrived in the area the nutrient vendor just had the nutrient that you can buy there, but later on 2 decos, the shrine and the bench, just popped up on the vendor for no reason.  don't know if that is suppose to happen, and if so are the other decos suppose to show up there, because I have only seen those two during my playthrough

• Is there any other general feedback you would like to share? - Just want to say that its a fun a little area to explore.  Obviously its not a full blown daily area like manaan or Runuk, but it is nice to have what is suppose to be a story area have some small amount of repeatable content in it to do.  Also the achievements where you explore and interact with the environment are always so much fun, I would love to have more of those please.

I played all of them.

No, I have been able to do all of them without problems.

Not at all, I found them pretty enjoyable and quick enough not to be annoying.

I loved the cantina one, I would absolutely crash there, I want to steal all the decos and the personnel too. There were none that could qualify as least favorite cause I enjoyed them all.

Several, I did two of the contemplations achievements, one for the mob killing, one for the droid killing, of course I also did the one to complete all the repairs. I will go back to do the picnic and small creature one when I have a bit of free time.

I liked searching for the different contemplation spot, still missing one though.

No bug, unless the lack of decoration sold anywhere is a bug, I wanted to see their size to report to other deco addict friends but couldn't find who sold them.

It's a really nice area to explore and I love the fact it's rather calm, none of the achievements (except for the FPs ones of course) needs for players to grind like nuts to complete so it's a lot more zen. One thing I would have liked is to have maybe one voss making a small comment about the fact I was playing an imperial agent who married Phi-Ton during the Voss storyline, so it would have been really cool if there was at least one mention of it, feels a bit like the whole marriage just disappeared from people's mind when the mission finished which is sad cause that would be one fun tidbit to hear about again.

• I have not done the quests yet. I explored instead.
  • I really like Ruhnuk but found the map layout really hard to figure out where I was. Retreat still felt fun to explore but has a simpler cross-shape, thanks for making it have fun little areas to explore but not convoluted. 
  • I got the Peppery fruits from the floor but the baby Mewvorr doesn't wanna eat it :(
  • Achievements fun! I liked the contemplation and found them all just by poking around. I liked finding the big enemies achievements. Dedicated Shrine Warden / Rest and Restoration / You Smell Amazing I did not come across, I think they have to do with the quests maybe. 
  • I am also super confused about what the Specialty Nutrient Vendor is supposed to have for sale LOL. I see [Powerful Nutrients][Voss Park Bench]. My friend Zahk sees only [Powerful Nutrients], no decos. metwars above says they have shrine and bench haha!

• Which missions did you play?-All that I could find.
  • Were there any missions you were unable to complete?-No.
  • Were any missions frustrating or difficult to progress? Which ones and why?-The missions themselves aren't frustrating. That being said, getting around to them can be very. There are trash mobs everywhere and they can all knock you off your speeder. There's even a part you need to get through but there's multiple elites there that you can't avoid. I get that trash mobs are a part of games like this, but there's a ridiculous amount of them and none are avoidable. Only reason i was able to complete it in a decent time was by changing to my stealth loadout. It was very frustrating all around.
  • Which was your favorite mission? Your least favorite? Why?-Cantina was fun and different. There were a few missions that kept going when it seemed like they were going to end which was a little annoying although the missions themselves were still interesting. Several of them were repetitive. For example, checking in on the work crews always causes droids to spawn and attack you. Mixing it up and having 1 or 2 either not spawn anything or at least spawn a different type of enemy would make it less repetitive.
  • Did you complete any achievements? Which ones?-The contemplation ones. Found the mawvorr and started feeding it. I liked the mechanic of needing 3 ingredients which you get 3 different ways to do that. However, there really isn't any clues as to some of them. Found the picnic stuff by sheer luck but have gone everywhere on the map and can't find the spot to have it. No idea how to do some of the other hidden ones. Will admit that with certain things not in the area due to not having the story stuff, some of the might be more obvious once it's on the main servers.
  • Did you have a favorite achievement?-The adorable little mawvorr of course. Was disappointed at first when finding it didn't give us a pet then delighted when I realized that feeding it does exactly that.
  • Have you run into any bugs? If so, please offer step by step details so we may be able to reproduce your experience.-The armor at the vendor and the thumbnails for it don't match. Especially with regards to hoods. There are armors that have a picture with a hood but the actual armor doesn't and vice versa.
  • Is there any other general feedback you would like to share?-Stated above.
Edited by frutepy

All of the ones available.

I completed all, but a few were not intutive, like where you had to stand on broke pipes to repair them.

Many of the missions were frustrating from the point of view that I'm the commander of the alliance and I'm stuck doing clean up duty and carrying items around.  They do not feel important to my role in all of this.

Taming the wilds, Contemplation: Silence, Contemplation: Focus, (did not find Illumination yet), roving menace, He's just a little guy, (progressed not completed) Can I really keep him & Curse You Czerka Mercs!, Haywire Havoc, reconstruction Efforts

Can I really keep him, Curse You Czerka Mercs!

Nameplates not working correctly in certain areas they are not visible based on camera angle.  The special unique item for "Can I really keep him" achievement is considered junk and sells to vendor as junk with no way to buy back (must buy a new one).

I like the map and the world is quite pretty, but most of the missions feel unsatisfying and tedious.

Edited by klizilii

On 5/4/2023 at 1:03 AM, JackieKo said:

-Which Missions: All I could find

- Unable to Comp: No

-Difficult: No sorry

-Fav Mission: It's Really Piling Up was silly fun Least: Cantina In Crisis I Think - The cooking one is humiliating for the Voss to invite us here to help actually beg then say clean up F that.

-Fav Achieve: Curse You Czerka Mercs 

- Bugs: Not in Missions yet

- Feedback: Its standard 5 yards and a cloud of dust, nothing new at all, Same missions just different skins just like everything else

• Dev Post
On 5/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, klizilii said:

Nameplates not working correctly in certain areas they are not visible based on camera angle. 

Hi there, 

Can you give us specific locations where this is occurring? We would also like details on the camera angles being used as well. 

Thanks! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi there, 

Can you give us specific locations where this is occurring? We would also like details on the camera angles being used as well. 

Thanks! 

I have screenshots of different locations and instances where this occurred. where would i drop links to these screenshots?

2 hours ago, ArchingBeast said:

I have screenshots of different locations and instances where this occurred. where would i drop links to these screenshots?

These new forums haven't  re-enabled  embedded photos/videos yet , so your best bet is just to use  sites like  'imgur' or YouTube or whatever and then just link them here within the feedback thread for JackieKo ( and BIoWare Devs ) to browse & reference.

13 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi there, 

Thanks! 

I didn't pay a lot of attention but one place I remember is in the shrine of judgement.  It was pretty minor, but you can see it happen at this time in the recording: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1816066849?t=00h05m58s

So after playing around a little bit more, there is a little more I want to talk about.  First, I really like the achievement "Can I really keep him?".  Finding the fruits you need is easy enough while doing the daily missions.  My only feedback on it is that doing it 15 times feels a bit too much for having a 24 hour cooldown on the nutrients you need.  If you are keeping that cooldown, maybe somewhere between 5 to 10 times would be better.  I really do enjoy these types of achievements that let you explore and gain something like a mount or pet to get, more of these in the future please!!  The 2nd thing I noticed is that the nutrients that you buy from the nutrient vendor seems to be marked as junk, because when you hit sell junk on vendors it sells the nutrients as well.  This is way to easy to do and kinda sucks due to how many tech frags it needs, so this should be fixed.

16 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

Area looks neat but not having access to legacy QoL perks or inventory expansions really sours the whole test experience, especially when copying characters from the live servers

Just use the levelling machine right where you land.  It'll activate your legacy from the character copy and give you credits + currency.

9 hours ago, klizilii said:

Just use the levelling machine right where you land.  It'll activate your legacy from the character copy and give you credits + currency.

that was the very first thing I did upon arriving in the Retreat prior to exploring it, and even checking again after the most recent build, inventory/cargo/legacy hold expansions are still broken/non-functional

Which missions did you play?

All of them on both a Republic Jedi Knight Sentinel Level 80 and Imperial Sith Inquisitor Assassin Level 80, both with level 50 companions along for the fun. The Flashpoint I've only had time to run once, in story mode (on my Sith character) so far. 

Were there any missions you were unable to complete?

No

Were any missions frustrating or difficult to progress? Which ones and why?

No

Which was your favorite mission? Your least favorite? Why?

Favorite, I would have to say the cantina work one. I loved that it was quick, easy, and laid back not to mention reminding me of the Feast of Prosperity event which I also really enjoy. It's reminiscent of a shift at a fast-food restaurant in a lot of ways.  This is one I can see being a quick easy go-to on a day when I have very little time but want to get some play time in that isn't too involved, that really goes for the majority of the area missions. 

My least favorite, I would have to say the check on groups in the temple one. It's simple enough, and I don't dislike it to the point of not doing it, but it's the one that sticks out most as feeling a lot like just running around in circles to an extent. 

Did you complete any achievements? Which ones?

Yes: 
Taming the Wilds
Advanced: Taming the Wilds
Elite: Taming the Wilds
Guiding the Gormak
Rebuilding Voss
Contemplation: Silence
Contemplateion: Focus
Contemplation: Illumination
Contemplation Mastery
A Rustle in the Leaves
Grumch Crunch
Roving Menace
He's Just a Little Guy
Defeat Czerka Infiltrators
Haywire Havoc
Advanced: Haywire Havoc
Elite: Haywire Havoc
Reconstruction Efforts

Did you have a favorite achievement?

"He's Just a Little Guy"  so far, because adorable, but "Can I really Keep Him?" Is the one I am looking forward to completing!

Also looking forward to finding the place for the perfect picnic that I have put together! 

Have you run into any bugs? If so, please offer step-by-step details so we may be able to reproduce your experience. 

[Powerful Nutrients] glitch? (I suspect it's unintended behavior but could be wrong)
1. Buy [Powerful Nutrients]
2. Run around and do missions and play the game. 
3. Go to another vendor (It was NOT the one I got them from, however, it was within the refund window) 
4. Click "Sell Junk" to sell off trash items. 
At this point, the item should still be in inventory but it is refunded. While it admittedly refunds the tech fragments and credits, it's counterintuitive for that to be selling as junk.  (Note: I did get it back from the original vendor as it wasn't showing up in the buyback and logged back in later to check after the refund window and after that, it no longer sells as trash)

Gormack Area Security mission issue: 
1. I picked up the droid and security missions. 
2. Grab the starting item for each. 
3. Go to fix cameras and sensors and incinerate trash. 
4. Wander over to where one of the scanner points after fixing things shows up. 
5. Scanner ability shows up on the screen, so use it. 
6. Finish fixing cameras and sensors. 
7. At this point the scanning that I had already done is no longer credited and you have to scan again. 
Note: This is possibly intended in that the scanner part doesn't show up in the to-do of the mission list until after, however, the scanner showing up, makes it unclear that it won't work until later. 

Czerka Merc spawning inside a rock: 

Not fully repeatable as they seem to spawn in different places but one that spawns to the right side of the waterfall that is to the right of the temple with the water pump to fix in it is spawning fully inside the rocks at least some of the time! 

Note: None of these are showstoppers... clearly this last one I fought still and both of the others had fixes they were just minor annoyances. 

Is there any other general feedback you would like to share? 

I really love the look and feel of the area, it's stunning both because of the autumn feel of it and also because of the waterfalls!  I am looking forward to this story. Would love to have a stronghold here it's so beautiful.

Edited by RoxArten

On 5/4/2023 at 7:03 AM, JackieKo said:

Which missions did you play?

All that were available in one day (presumably there are more tied to the story, given the achievements?)

Were there any missions you were unable to complete?

No, all could be finished

Were any missions frustrating or difficult to progress? Which ones and why?

I kinda disliked the "check on workers" mission, it felt a bit dull. But not frustrating or difficult.

Which was your favorite mission? Your least favorite? Why?

I like the Shrine of Judgement, the parable about not being hasty and think was interesting

Did you complete any achievements? Which ones?

• Reconstruction Efforts
  • Taming the Wilds
  • Haywire Havoc
  • Contemplate Focus/Illumination/Silence/Mastery
  • Rustle in the Leaves
  • Grumch Crunch
  • Roving Menace
  • He's just a little guy
  • Rest and Restoration

Did you have a favorite achievement?

Can I Really Keep Him? looks nice, though gathering all the meat needed for the chow is going to be a bit of a slog, I imagine

Have you run into any bugs? If so, please offer step by step details so we may be able to reproduce your experience. 

No bugs so far

Is there any other general feedback you would like to share? 

The area looks very nice

Security Reboot mission gives me the temporary ability bar for perimeter scan, and allows me to scan like as if I was on that part of the mission.  It doesn't complete the next part of the mission before it is properly triggered, but can be confusing.

I just want to post a quick comment about the zone. I wish the Retreat area were a bit more visually distinct from "regular" Voss. I think changing the time of day in the zone would help give the retreat its own character. I'd suggest that time be set in the late afternoon or early evening with a warm ambient glow over everything, and some deeper shadows under the trees. It would still feel very much like Voss, but different enough that players immediately know or feel like that they are some place different.

I believe all of them if I'm not mistaken.

I was able to complete them with no problems.

Not really, though the mission where you had to accompany the droid and have it destroy the piles of scrap, that one was a little wonky, because if you weren't positioned right the droid would zap you instead.  But other than that, no difficulties.

Not going to lie, I kind of liked the one in the Gormak cantina.  Reminded me of the Feast of Prosperity event quests, so that was a pleasant surprise and something different.

I completed three achievements: 'Taming the Wilds' (Defeat 25 Beasts); 'Haywire Havoc' (Defeat 25 Droids); & 'Reconstruction Efforts' (Complete tasks for the Shrine Restoration Initiative)

There was one that I did not complete, but would like get to once this patch goes live across all servers, and that's the achievement 'Curse You, Czerka Mercs!'  The way they just sneak up on you, they need to pay, lol!

As far as the daily quests in this area are concerned, things went pretty smoothly for me.  There was only the aforementioned issue with the Droid zapping me on the the quest where I had to accompany it to destroy piles of scrap, if I wasn't positioned correctly.  Other than that, smooth sailing.

I really like the new area, as Voss has always been one of my favorite planets in the game and I very much welcome any chance to revisit the planet.  I'm hoping that just like on Ruhnuk, we will also get decorations and such as random drops.  I also would like for the quests to award more than just XP and credits, like maybe a random decoration or even a piece of one of the new Voss themed armor set pieces related to the class we happen to be playing at the time.  Overall though, I really am liking the direction you all are taking with this new area on Voss. 

• JackieKo unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Purest form of snickerdoodle you can put in a game.

PLEASE install a skip point: Those who wish to complete lethally boring filler missions, can do them if the want to. Dont force people who just wants the story to do these.

I have *7* characters in the Interpreters retreat ATM.

I am NOT doing HOURS of filler missions just to advance the story!

Edited by jediraiser