Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th!

JackieKo

2 hours ago, psikofunkster said:

and R-4 16 men nerfed when EA? What is the point to release a difficult operation only for 8 people? This operation is the less pugged... wasted new content.

Its the less pugged because it has mechanics that require you to pay attention even in SM, which is more than the average PUG can handle these days. Lack of a 16-Man Mode there doesn't mean much considering the majority of PUGs that form are 8-man not 16-man.

11 hours ago, psikofunkster said:

and R-4 16 men nerfed when EA? What is the point to release a difficult operation only for 8 people? This operation is the less pugged... wasted new content.

There is no R-4 for 16 man. BW made that Operation 8 man only. When they did this they said they intended to have all operations from that point onward only 8 man. Whether that will change now that they are implementing 64 bit, we don't know.

30 minutes ago, Toraak said:

A reason not to uninstall the game, and reinstall it tomorrow is you'll lose all of your UI settings. You'll need to redo all of that stuff from scratch.

Your GUI profiles and keybind settings are XML files that can be backed up and restored after a reinstall.  They can be found in two folders located in [user name]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings.  Backup those two folders and then restore then after a reinstall / fresh install.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

Your GUI profiles and keybind settings are XML files that can be backed up and restored after a reinstall.  They can be found in two folders located in [user name]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings.  Backup those two folders and then restore then after a reinstall / fresh install.

Seems like a lot of hassle to do something you don't need to do, since uninstalling the game is unnecessary.

10 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Seems like a lot of hassle to do something you don't need to do, since uninstalling the game is unnecessary.

For this specific instance, quite likely.  But knowing where those files are, so they can be backed up, will save you the hassle of having to recreate your UI layout and keybinds if there is a need to reinstall.  I was responding to what you said:

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

...you'll lose all of your UI settings. You'll need to redo all of that stuff from scratch.

Which is incorrect because those settings can be backed up and restored.

• Dev Post
On 3/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, Chryptyk said:

What will be included with 7.2.1?  Will PVP Season 2 be active?  Also we were supposed to be getting the Opal Vulptilla with this patch release if we pvped on the PTS.

What about the new Mek Sha SH and will regular Galactic Season be active?

Everything that was tested on the PTS will be released tomorrow. The patch notes can be found here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

In short, see link above, yes, eligible players will be getting the mounts with 7.2.1, and the Mek-Sha apartment SH and GS4 will be active! 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, remylion said:

is the timing between the pvp season and galactic season usually only 1 month?

There's a little bit of a difference in the current cadence of Galactic Seasons and PvP Seasons.

Right now, Galactic Seasons is being released at the same time a game patch goes out. Whereas PvP Seasons has its own set schedule. It just so happens this time around that both are starting on the same day.

The content for both Galactic and PvP Seasons has to be deployed in a patch on or before its scheduled start. However, they do not have to start at the same time.

PvP Seasons will be active for 12 weeks and then off season will last for 4 weeks. So PvP Season 2 will begin March 28th and end June 20th. Then Season 3 will begin July 18th and end October 10th, and so on.

It is possible that we will update these releases, but for now, this is the cadence of the Seasons content. If that changes, we'll communicate it beforehand.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tomius said:

Will we need to do a complete reinstall for the 64 bit?

It's not hard to go back to the first post of this thread and see the following statement:

We did want to point out that this game update contains the 64-bit client, so please expect a larger download than normal. Players should expect a 35g download for 7.2.1. 

You are not "reinstalling" the game client per se but rather are upgrading the client from 32-bit to 64-bit which does mean it will be rather large (I read 35g as 35 gigabytes) as a lot of files need to be replaced.

• Dev Post
On 3/24/2023 at 5:53 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Woohoo!  A new patch on my day off that I took because it's also my birthday!

Happy early birthday! Hopefully, the maintenance window won't take up the full five hours and you can celebrate!

On 3/25/2023 at 6:29 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

Will the 64bit client download faster via Steam?

Ultimately, it depends on your connection. With the tests the team ran, we found the following: 

• Average/good connection + SSD 
    • Launcher 24 minutes
    • Steam 11 minutes 
  • Fastest connection + SSD
    • Launcher - 9 minutes
    • Steam - 8 minutes
  • Slower connection (5mb/s average download) + HDD
    • 150 minutes
On 3/25/2023 at 9:13 AM, PLeahC said:

I know all that was said to be coming in 7.2.1 but is this what everyone is expecting because it just seems strange that the new PvP season is the only thing being promoted. If galactic season 4 is coming Tuesday with a new stronghold and companion wouldn't that be promoted in the latest news and in an article?

The Galactic Seasons 4 article is coming! It's pretty hefty, and is delayed a little bit. But once it's ready, we'll be publishing it on all the same platforms! 

Related to Galactic Seasons in general, I did see sentiments about GS3 and GS4 being backed up against each other. GS content is intended to be scheduled for the .1 patches like 7.2.1 and 7.3.1. It just so happened that 3 and 4 were scheduled next to each other, but that was only to get us on track of this new cadence. After GS4 concludes, there will be a little break. If this changes at all, we'll communicate that ahead of time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

The patch notes can be found here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

"Removed the rewards section of Achievements that doesn’t have rewards in the Legacy window."

hey Jackie ( or anyone ) , what exactly  is that ^ referring to ?   Is it like that little tiny rewards 'box'  that has NULL values in it ?

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

The patch notes can be found here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

"Added two new Codex Entries under Game Rules: “Special Conditions Glossary” and “Special Effects Glossary." "

Also,  Jackie ( or anyone with knowledge )  :  How are those ^ 2 new entries  triggered though?   Do players who already triggered them  automatically acquire them upon 1st login tomorrow?  Or are they supposed to be discovered/mysterious ?

----

Lastly,  @EricMusco  ( or whichever Dev )  :  Is there some reason why  GSF  is once again not only completely IGNORED  this patch , but also isn't included within the 'PVP Seasons' track?  ( either with it's own separate track or  at least as an option/augmented track within Season 2 )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: why doesn't BioWare like SPACE when it's *STAR Wars* ?!?!?!

I'm really glad that GS4 is coming with this patch! It is nice to have less of a gap between seasons, I feel like it has been too much of a gap in the past. I'm looking forward to the new Stronghold, and am very curious about the companion!

Vanguard

• Tactics
    • The visual effect on the target of Thermal Detonator ability no longer persists if detonated by another effect.

Powertech

• Advanced Prototype
    • The visual effect on the target of Assault Plastique ability no longer persists if detonated by another effect.

You guys got the two reversed. AP PT uses Thermal Detonator and Tac Van uses Assault Plastique.

2 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

hey Jackie ( or anyone ) , what exactly  is that ^ referring to ?   Is it like that little tiny rewards 'box'  that has NULL values in it ?

Also,  Jackie ( or anyone with knowledge )  :  How are those ^ 2 new entries  triggered though?   Do players who already triggered them  automatically acquire them upon 1st login tomorrow?  Or are they supposed to be discovered/mysterious ?

----

Lastly,  @EricMusco  ( or whichever Dev )  :  Is there some reason why  GSF  is once again not only completely IGNORED  this patch , but also isn't included within the 'PVP Seasons' track?  ( either with it's own separate track or  at least as an option/augmented track within Season 2 )

Yeah I think GSF needs to be included in the PVP season.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 3:20 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Faster than what?  Faster than the 32-bit client(1) on Steam, or faster than the 64-bit launcher on non-Steam, or faster than the 32-bit launcher on non-Steam.  (In general, in my experience, the Steam downloader runs faster for the same SWTOR version than the non-Steam downloader, although I do have very high performance Internet access.)

Supposedly, the non-steam launcher was updated to be as fast as the Steam launcher (so, theoretically, the Steam one was faster).

I only play on Steam, if you don't, have you experienced an improvement with the update?

39 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

Supposedly, the non-steam launcher was updated to be as fast as the Steam launcher (so, theoretically, the Steam one was faster).

I only play on Steam, if you don't, have you experienced an improvement with the update?

The new non-Steam launcher is definitely faster than the old non-Steam launcher, above all in the phases when it's installing data rather than downloading it.  (It's also faster at downloading, in that it will go beyond the 10MB/sec that the old one would *never* go past.)

• Like 2