Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regal Apparel Mini Skirt now shows leggins ingame

Raiida

The Regal Apparel Mini Skirt is one of the few mini skirts in game at all, and it has always been without leggins. A few years ago it started to display leggins in the preview, but thankfully not in the game. Now with 7.2 this has changed and the mini skirt shows the awful leggins ingame as well. Please fix this horrible bug! Half my characters have been wearing this mini skirt because it WAS a mini skirt, and not some fancy pants with some cloth attached. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Thank you very much! I was afraid I might have to search for new stylish clothes for my characters.

And, yes, for Hoth and other planets with rather cold climate I usually do have alternative clothes with pants and a few more layers in my closet. 😉

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a very serious issue for me, I use this in many outfits across many characters (I have over 60 characters across the servers ^_^). I've had this item since it came out in one of if not the very first cartel pack. Because this is something obtained through real money transactions, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, and quite frankly should be easy to fix. I, along with not only the people speaking out here, but the many silent players as well have been waiting long enough. It's time to fix this issue.

I believe the issue has to do with how the clothing shows differently in cut-scenes compared to in normal gameplay. I believe the original devs were worried it wouldn't look good in all cut-scenes, but honestly that doesn't matter. And now somewhere in the code they broke the special fix that made it remove the leggings outside of cut-scenes (and preview window), probably as part of some optimization of code. Since you're not gonna fight with the devs on that, the clear solution is to remove the leggings from the clothing peice all together. All your players will be happy, your devs will be happy, and we can close this issue out.

• Like 1

I'd noticed this annoying change. I mean, it's not earth-shattering, for me, at least, but- if I want that skirt with leggings, I'll wear Lana's SoR skirt/leggings combo, or the Last Handmaiden version. The point of the Regal Apparel one was that it didn't. Naga Sadow's skirt is now the only one in game I can think of that *doesn't* have leggings- Bioware, don't you dare stick leggings on that as well- and its 'crocodile skin' texture doesn't co-ordinate with a lot of outfits.

It's not as if it were a stripperifically obscene fetishwear micro-skirt or anything, it's just a relatively short skirt at, in fact, the only length available shorter than 'floor length'. I used to pair it with the Clandestine Officer (Imperial-officer-style) top to give my Agent a formal dress uniform look. Admittedly, some tights with that would accentuate the look better than bare legs, in that case (but I don't even want to think about the visual *mess* of bantha poodoo that would result from Bioware attempting to do a translucent fabric texture, the results would probably terrify Sel-Makor), but not frumpy rumpled leggings. 

To note, by the way, even if tights with a skirt *were* an option within the capacities of the rendering engine, I'm not suggesting that the Regal Apparel skirt should be made to look that way- it should render 'as sold', i.e. with bare legs, but, another similar skirt with tights (not leggings) would be a nice provision for 'formal' looks. Assuming such things even exist in this galaxy, who knows. To also note, yes, I'm fairly sure there are higher priorities and bigger concerns for both the devs and ourselves at the moment than whether and when members of Imperial Intelligence should wear hosiery, but, rambling pointlessly is a free action.  Bounty Hunters probably shouldn't. The fashion might spread among the crew. We would be begging for Vitiate to return to destroy the galaxy, if Skadge discovered fishnets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, l_kaktus said:

Imagine break some item people paid for, then give a promise it would be fixed, and disappear for months without any result.

Wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last time, sadly. The Valkorion's royal gloves also have been bugged since the armor was released. 

Adding my voice to this, for whatever it's worth. There's precisely one reason I spent money on this otherwise entirely unremarkable set, so Bioware can either refund our CCs or they can fix the damn leggings. To anyone saying it's minor and doesn't matter - Bioware decided to sell cosmetic items in this game. So it matters. If they wanted to not be responsible for stuff like this then they shouldn't have introduced outfits and they shouldn't charge real money for purely cosmetic items, nobody would care if this was some random drop or mission reward that had had its appearance changed.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:06 AM, JackieKo said:

So the team will be looking into a fix for it in a future update. 

Are the team looking into this or not? We have have 7.2.1 64bit, and not fixed

Edited by Traceguy

It is just me?  Lately I've seen certain players have the Regal skirt on with and WITHOUT leggings.  ? ? ? I swear individual players' accounts are corrupted or bugged and BioWare has to individually inspect each of the players' accounts with a monocle on.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.