Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th!

JackieKo

5 hours ago, Lt_Awoke said:

@JackieKo If I use an instant level 80 token, where will it start me in the story?

They are updating the Master's Datacron (raise existing character to high level) to raise you to level 80.  The start-at-high level token isn't changing, so you'll still be level 70 at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege.

1 hour ago, Quendorite said:

I only play on Steam, if you don't, have you experienced an improvement with the update?

Couple months back I reinstalled on a brand new PC (330 Mbit line), took around 20-25 minutes for the whole game with the launcher. Installing is extremely fast now compared to old launcher, so steam and non-steam is really about the same (downloading, reading and writing at maximum speed available).

6 hours ago, Lt_Awoke said:

@JackieKo If I use an instant level 80 token, where will it start me in the story?

You character is just boosted to 80th.  It completes none of the story line.  A brand new character, can start at the beginning of their story line.  One bonus is you automatically get ship and the droid companion in it.

No way, does that mean that we get the Attractor before Kanoth fixed and we don't need to die 100 times before getting into Kanoth room? Or, or, like we get ops frame fixed and people are not dead anymore when being alive? Or people not being able to get revive from healers because game doesn't let them? NO WAY we get infinite loading screen fixed and we don't need to ALT F4 after each R4 or Gods raid. 

If we get so many usefull things like this fixes it's amazing! Keep up the great work. 🤢

Hey, was just looking over the 7.2.1 patch notes and wanted to confirm that the queue lockout timer changes (as seen in this PTS post) are being implemented in this update.

• Lockout timers have been updated:
  • Leaving 1 match = 5 minute lockdown (down from 20 minutes)
  • Leaving 2 matches = 15 minute lockdown (down from 1 hour)
  • Leaving 3 matches = 1 hour lockdown (down from 6 hours)

Edit: Another question, have the requirements for the 'Warzones: Medalist' and 'Arena: Medalist' Conquest Objectives been changed to 7 Medals?

Edited by Pandoras_Jar
Typo (facepalm) + another question

1 minute ago, Pandoras_Jar said:

He was just looking over the 7.2.1 patch notes and wanted to confirm that the queue lockout timer changes (as seen in this PTS post) are being implemented in this update.

That's awesome. I have a pretty stable connection but sometimes I still get disconnected. Nice that I'll suffer at most a 5 minute time out my first time.

is the lock out timer reset every 24 hours?

Edited by remylion

1 hour ago, remylion said:

is the lock out timer reset every 24 hours?

From what I've tested, it's less than 24 hours. 

I inadvertently got to test this one day (post 7.2 launch) when I got rocked out stuck bugged. Roughly 16 hours later, I got rocket out stuck bugged again. Both times I had a 20-minute lockout. 

Edited by Pandoras_Jar
Typo
  • Like 1

• Excess credits will now remain in the mail if the amount puts players over the credit cap.
    • Players need to close and reopen the mail to see remaining credits.

What does this mean? 

If my account is preferred, and I sell something in GTN that puts more than 1 million credits into my mail, does it mean I will lose the credits (i.e. they get returned to the sender when the mail expires)?

Or does this only apply to the subscriber credit cap (4bil+) ?

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Wanted to address this patch note: "The Master’s Datacron now boosts players’ character to Level 80 (up from Level 70). The armor granted by the equipment bundle has been updated to relevant conquest armor."

The Eternal Commander Equipment is being replaced and in its place will be the 324 Noble Decurion Conquest equipment. It will still be compatible to your character's Discipline and the items can be upgraded at their respective vendors. I'll update the OP with this info. And to reiterate, the Master Datacron will only grant a level boost. It will not grant a story boost. We'll be bringing back the Eternal Commander Equipment in a future update and will share details on how to obtain it when I have them. 

Related to items that grant a level boost, the Commander's Character Token will continue to boost your character to level 70 with 7.2.1. We are considering increasing the level this boost takes you to as well, but no details to share yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Dev Post
8 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

What does this mean? 

If my account is preferred, and I sell something in GTN that puts more than 1 million credits into my mail, does it mean I will lose the credits (i.e. they get returned to the sender when the mail expires)?

Or does this only apply to the subscriber credit cap (4bil+) ?

If you try to pull credit from the mail, only the amount that will cap you can get pulled from it. The UI does not refresh until you close/reopen the mail. F2P and Preferred accounts will still have their credit caps in place and will never be able to hold more than 1 million credits. The email will eventually expire, so you will need to keep an eye on it.

12 hours ago, Pandoras_Jar said:

Hey, was just looking over the 7.2.1 patch notes and wanted to confirm that the queue lockout timer changes (as seen in this PTS post) are being implemented in this update.

Edit: Another question, have the requirements for the 'Warzones: Medalist' and 'Arena: Medalist' Conquest Objectives been changed to 7 Medals?

Yup! All details here: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20230324

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, orochriz said:

Can we expect to buy Altuur zok Adon and Fen Zeil with patch 7.2.1 ?

this is something i want also to know.

in a thread the ask what we want for season 4 and many people including me ask for altuur zok adon.

i hope they add him today, i am on 14 token and i have nothing to spend for it (what i like or want).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Wanted to address this patch note: "The Master’s Datacron now boosts players’ character to Level 80 (up from Level 70). The armor granted by the equipment bundle has been updated to relevant conquest armor."

The Eternal Commander Equipment is being replaced and in its place will be the 324 Noble Decurion Conquest equipment. It will still be compatible to your character's Discipline and the items can be upgraded at their respective vendors. I'll update the OP with this info. And to reiterate, the Master Datacron will only grant a level boost. It will not grant a story boost. We'll be bringing back the Eternal Commander Equipment in a future update and will share details on how to obtain it when I have them. 

Related to items that grant a level boost, the Commander's Character Token will continue to boost your character to level 70 with 7.2.1. We are considering increasing the level this boost takes you to as well, but no details to share yet.

Ok, so these tokens now make a level 80 character instead of level 70-75.

What about other none-subs who bought/buy these tokens and  only allowed level 70-75 characters? I am sure I have brought some of cartel for my none sub accounts. are you now saying that these cannot be used on those accounts? or does it revert back to the 70-75 setting

• Dev Post
On 3/24/2023 at 12:55 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce that Game Update 7.2.1 will be launching on March 28th! We will be taking down the servers at 7am CT/12pm UTC with an expected downtime of 5 hours. Patch notes will be posted on March 27th here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

We did want to point out that this game update contains the 64-bit client, so please expect a larger download than normal. Players should expect a 35g download for 7.2.1. 

One change we did want to let you know about today is an update coming to the Master Datacron. Currently, the item allows players to boost their characters to level 70. Beginning with 7.2.1, this item will boost players to level 80. 

When 7.2.1 goes live, this change will automatically be applied to players who currently have a Master’s Datacron in their inventory or Cargo Hold.

A reminder that the Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle contains: 

• 1 Master Datacron 
  • 1 Eternal Commander Equipment Lootbox which contains a set of equipment that is compatible to your character’s Discipline
  • Grants your character a ship and ship droid companion 

If you want the full level 80 boost, please do not use the Master Datacron or the Lootbox until AFTER 7.2.1 launches. 

See you in-game on March 28th! 

Jackie 

EDIT: 

PvP Seasons 2: Piercing the Veil article has been published here

7.2.1 Game Update Patch Notes have been published. 

Galactic Seasons 4 article is now live. Read more here

Hi all, 

The Galactic Seasons 4 article is now published on the site. I have updated the OP to reflect this. Thanks for your patience! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In the Galactic Season 4 article

As mentioned above, a brand new apartment Stronghold on the planet of Mek-Sha has been added to Jaleit Nall’s inventory! Players will be able to purchase the Mek-Sha Safehouse Stronghold for 8 Galactic Seasons Tokens!

But the list of Jaleit Nall's rewards says :

Mek-Sha Safehouse Deed     14 Galactic Seasons Token

... Is it too much to hope for that the 8 will turn out to be the correct price?

Item Cost
Carrick Station Penthouse Deed 8 Galactic Seasons Token
Vaiken Spacedock Penthouse Deed 8 Galactic Seasons Token
Mek-Sha Safehouse Deed 14 Galactic Seasons Token
Credit Manipulation Disks (PH4-LNX gift) 550 000 credits
Verified Gaming Analysis Reports (PH4-LNX gift) 450 000 credits
Counterfeit Chips (PH4-LNX gift) 355 000 credits
Sliced Cybernetic Visual Enhancement Implants (Fen Zeil gift) 450 000 credits
Detailed Intelligence Reports (Fen Zeil gift) 355 000 credits
Experimental Weaponry Schematics (Fen Zeil gift) 250 000 credits
Detailed Writings of Insecticulture (Altuur zok Adon gift) 450 000 credits
Memoirs of the Hive Wars (Altuur zok Adon gift) 355 000 credits
Succulent Picolet Beetles (Altuur zok Adon gift) 250 000 credits
Memories of Celebration (Amity gift) 450,000 credits
Tales of Hardship (Amity gift) 550 000 credits
Local Legends (Amity gift) 355 000 credits

What's the point if we can't buy Altuur and Fen ?!

Just now, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

The Galactic Seasons 4 article is now published on the site. I have updated the OP to reflect this. Thanks for your patience! 

After reading the article I have a few questions.

What is the actual cost for the Mek-Sha stronghold?  In one place you say 8 tokens and in another you say 14.

During Season 3, the Season 1 weapons were sold by Ki'at Thavo.  Will the Season 2 weapons be available this Season?

Are the Collections unlock prices going to remain as they were for Season 3?

Also, I think the dyes are misidentified.  The image appears to show grey / brown, brown / grey, and orange / orange, but the cutline identifies them as "(From left to right: Pale and Dark Brown, Pale Orange and Dark Orange, and Pale Brown and Dark Gray Dyes.)."

10 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

This is a slap into the face of all paying customers.

presents for altuur, presents for PH4-LNX, present for fen?

WHERE ARE ALTUUR?

many people including me want him, you ask what we want and you doesnt care.

Edited by FWSWBN
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

If you try to pull credit from the mail, only the amount that will cap you can get pulled from it. The UI does not refresh until you close/reopen the mail. F2P and Preferred accounts will still have their credit caps in place and will never be able to hold more than 1 million credits. The email will eventually expire, so you will need to keep an eye on it.

Yup! All details here: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20230324

So no more building up your escrow from GTN trading while preferred.   Well, at 1 mill at a time you could still build up the legacy bank credits but really slowly and tediously. 50mil from trades, 50 clicks to get that million, 50 to put them into the bank ... yeah. Not going to do that.

I don't actually mind another incentive to sub, and if that's what bioware is going for then it might work.  In my case if I drop down to preferred again I just won't log in to keep my crafted items/mats up on the GTN.

I'm not sure this will help with the economy (if that's what's you're going for).   Lower supply of items is usually not a good thing.

Unfortunately, I have to figure that the 14 Token price for the new Stronghold is likely the correct one, not the 8 Token price.

It looks to me like somebody was in a hurry ... That would make sense considering how late this announcement was uploaded, they must have been really short-handed for the work they had to do ... Someone copy-pasted a bunch of text from a previous Galactic Season, went through it and updated it for the new Season, and just missed a spot.

(I've done that sort of thing myself.)

There's no real reason for them to have incorrectly listed 14 Tokens if that wasn't the price, but it would have been very easy for them to mistakenly say 8, since that was the price of the previous Strongholds.

Edited by ShadowyKai
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Happy early birthday! Hopefully, the maintenance window won't take up the full five hours and you can celebrate!

Thanks @JackieKo!   It was a good day, spoiled only by the (...)(1) demonstrations by the (...)(1) French (...)(1) unions about the plans to raise the retirement age from 62 to 64, which blocked me from leaving the restaurant(2) where I had a very nice lunch.  (There were other things I could have done during that time, like going across the street to the Apple Store and asking them about replacing my seven-year-old iPad, and it was severely annoying.)

(1) Sorry for the implied language, but I disagree more or less totally with the protesters, and being almost trapped by their (...)(1) demonstration kinda spoiled my afternoon.  On my birthday, no less.

EDIT: but watching the non-Steam launcher pulling 101 MB/sec while the Steam client pulled 30+MB/sec (total 1.1-1.2 Gbps on Task Manager's performance pages) was most pleasing.  I am not disappoint.

(2) In central Lille, across from the opera house.

Edited by SteveTheCynic