Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th!

JackieKo

• Dev Post
43 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

After reading the article I have a few questions.

What is the actual cost for the Mek-Sha stronghold?  In one place you say 8 tokens and in another you say 14.

During Season 3, the Season 1 weapons were sold by Ki'at Thavo.  Will the Season 2 weapons be available this Season?

Are the Collections unlock prices going to remain as they were for Season 3?

Also, I think the dyes are misidentified.  The image appears to show grey / brown, brown / grey, and orange / orange, but the cutline identifies them as "(From left to right: Pale and Dark Brown, Pale Orange and Dark Orange, and Pale Brown and Dark Gray Dyes.)."

Mek-Sha SH cost is 14 tokens. The article has been updated, good catch! 

"Will the Season 2 weapons be available this Season?"

• Season 2 weapons will not be available this season. Though we are working on ways to bring these and other rewards, such as previous companions back. However, we do not have anything to share on what that looks like at this time.

"Are the Collections unlock prices going to remain as they were for Season 3?"

• Collections unlock prices will remain the same.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

So no more building up your escrow from GTN trading while preferred.   Well, at 1 mill at a time you could still build up the legacy bank credits but really slowly and tediously. 50mil from trades, 50 clicks to get that million, 50 to put them into the bank ... yeah. Not going to do that.

I think it's really going to need someone with preferred status to test and post results on Reddit's /r/swtor.  Because I'm thinking as preferred you can sell item for 50 million credits on GTN and when you claim it with 0 credits in personal inventory then the game will deposit 1 million credits into your personal inventory and 49 million credits into escrow, just like it does now.  I think if a preferred account character has hit the character max credit cap in escrow (4.2+ billion credits) and tries to claim 50 million credits from email then the preferred account character will only be able to claim the amount of credits that will not exceed the maximum credits cap per character (personal inventory + escrow).

Thank you for the article on Seasons 4. Looks like the Shining Moontear Customization's image is mislabeled as Shining Darkside.

It also doesn't look like the Shining Moontear Customization is available via reward track (unlike the regular Moontear customization and the Darkside customization), and can only be obtained via the vendor. Is that correct?

I know we've wanted more things to spend tokens on, but you've given us a fair amount of new things (including things like decos that can be bought multiple times), and one of them costs 14 tokens, with only 15 possible tokens max gainable this season. That seems to have gone from "not enough things to spend tokens on" to "not enough tokens to spend on things".

Edited by AlCiao

14 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

I think it's really going to need someone with preferred status to test and post results on Reddit's /r/swtor.  Because I'm thinking as preferred you can sell item for 50 million credits on GTN and when you claim it with 0 credits in personal inventory then the game will deposit 1 million credits into your personal inventory and 49 million credits into escrow, just like it does now.  I think if a preferred account character has hit the character max credit cap in escrow (4.2+ billion credits) and tries to claim 50 million credits from email then the preferred account character will only be able to claim the amount of credits that will not exceed the maximum credits cap per character (personal inventory + escrow).

this could work out for preferred players in the long run. They can now keep withdrawing 1 million at a time from mail and depositing that 1 million into the legacy bank until they withdraw all the credits in the mail. Previously it just deleted the excess credits once you hit the personal credit cap.

16 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

"Are the Collections unlock prices going to remain as they were for Season 3?"

• Collections unlock prices will remain the same.

what's the point of us grinding like idiots only to be charged 60-80 cartel coins for unlocking for that stuff? All other event stuff (before season 2) was 1 to 10 CC for unlocking.
Also, maybe consider doing account unlocks with credits, since you're already trying to make credit sinks to combat inflation 

9 minutes ago, remylion said:

Previously it just deleted the excess credits once you hit the personal credit cap.

Previously credits would go into escrow, which would be held until they either subscribed or purchased an escrow transfer.

25 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

I think it's really going to need someone with preferred status to test and post results on Reddit's /r/swtor.

I have F2P and preferred accounts from which I sometimes sell things.  Keep watch on Reddit as when I can I will test this to see how it works and will post the results.  If it works as you surmise it will make quite the difference for how I sell things.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DamzTheShadow said:

what's the point of us grinding like idiots only to be charged 60-80 cartel coins for unlocking for that stuff? All other event stuff (before season 2) was 1 to 10 CC for unlocking.

This question was addressed in a developer post from January 19. https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927292-feedback-request-galactic-season-4-and-into-the-future/#comment-9739171

5 minutes ago, DamzTheShadow said:

Also, maybe consider doing account unlocks with credits, since you're already trying to make credit sinks to combat inflation 

I think BioWare wants to reduce SWTOR's trade economy inflation rate but not at the expense of cartel coin sales.  Plenty of people have posted ideas for adding credit sinks to the economy as an alternative to current cartel coin requirements.  As far as I know BioWare has not made any changes to allow credits to be used where cartel coins are currently required.

Might be a stupid question but, how do we start GS4?

Not seeing any cues so far on who to talk to or where either in game or on the swtor.com article...  Also not seeing any GS objectives on the Conquest tab of the Log screen (although the GS rewards show up in the Rewards window & I've received one of the new rep tokens in loot as well)

1 hour ago, SidNitzerglobin said:

Might be a stupid question but, how do we start GS4?

Not seeing any cues so far on who to talk to or where either in game or on the swtor.com article...  Also not seeing any GS objectives on the Conquest tab of the Log screen (although the GS rewards show up in the Rewards window & I've received one of the new rep tokens in loot as well)

No, it took me a minute to find it as well. The GS objectives are now on the Galactic Seasons reward track. There's a Rewards tab (that shows the reward track) and an Objective tab next to that.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AlCiao said:

No, it took me a minute to find it as well. The GS objectives are now on the Galactic Seasons reward track. There's a Rewards tab (that shows the reward track) and an Objective tab next to that.

Thanks, any idea how we get the comp/quest line started?  Still haven't figured it out here, but have yet to pose the question to general on fleet :)

5 minutes ago, SidNitzerglobin said:

Thanks, any idea how we get the comp/quest line started?  Still haven't figured it out here, but have yet to pose the question to general on fleet :)

Same as in prior seasons, attaining the first level on the reward track gets the thing that summons the new companion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlCiao said:

Same as in prior seasons, attaining the first level on the reward track gets the thing that summons the new companion.

Awesome, thanks so much!

It'd been long enough since GS 2 & 3 started for me I honestly couldn't remember how I got the ball rolling there 🙃

3 hours ago, ceryxp said:

Previously credits would go into escrow, which would be held until they either subscribed or purchased an escrow transfer.

I have F2P and preferred accounts from which I sometimes sell things.  Keep watch on Reddit as when I can I will test this to see how it works and will post the results.  If it works as you surmise it will make quite the difference for how I sell things.

sorry, meant the personal credit cap of 4.29 billion credits.

4 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

Ahh, yes. Those would go puff.  Or was it poof?  What ever the magic dragon did.

if you listen carefully you can hear the laughter of Darth Baras coming through the mailbox

Edited by remylion
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Silent said:

The change to Quick Travel sucks, if you are a casual player and do not have a ton of credits it is awful, will be reconsidering resubbing my and my wifes accts

I feel this, but on the other hand, every time I level a toon from 1 to max, I wind up with a couple million credits on that toon just from quests.

I know that hindsight is always 20/20, but I am now thinking it was a mistake for them to launch the 64-Bit Client and Galactic Season 4, or anything else of note, for that matter, at the same time.

Because who knows how long it will take for the people who are unable to launch SW:TOR right now to get it functional again. And in the meantime, they'll miss part of the new Galactic Season.

Maybe they should have implemented the new client by itself.

8 minutes ago, Discordiea said:

I have windows 10/64bit..its about all i know..after downloading 7.2.1 patch..I can log in but after pressing play..it doesnt do anything..doesnt load anyfurther? uninstall game??

Well, if you haven't already done so, look in the thread "Common 64-Bit Issues," which is pinned near the top of the General Discussion forum.

JackieKo has offered three pieces of advice, which involve updating firewall settings, removing compatibility modes, and downloading DirectX 9 files.

A lot of people were able to get the launcher working after trying one of these three things.

Other people, like myself, still can't get the blasted launcher to work. But you may be one of the lucky ones.

2 hours ago, AlCiao said:

I feel this, but on the other hand, every time I level a toon from 1 to max, I wind up with a couple million credits on that toon just from quests.

I posted results from leveling a toon up until level 45 or so (don't remember the exact level I stopped posting results for)...but it was around 1.2 million earned with many levels to go.

I'm tempted to do it again, to the same point, to see the difference.  I use QT pretty frequently, and along with the other fees they've introduced...it could be noticeable.

One more thing, about this in patch notes:

• Removed XP from Operations Profiteer guild perks as XP is no longer relevant to Operations Content.

Why do you not let lv70 or lv75 to play Story mode ops? They are easy enough anyway and it was possible since ages to play SM ops like that and it was pretty good source of EXP for those last 5-10 levels.

I also heard (not tested it yet myself) that you ninja nerfed Nathema exp farming, so yea having at least SM opses available for leveling would be nice

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DamzTheShadow said:

One more thing, about this in patch notes:

• Removed XP from Operations Profiteer guild perks as XP is no longer relevant to Operations Content.

Why do you not let lv70 or lv75 to play Story mode ops? They are easy enough anyway and it was possible since ages to play SM ops like that and it was pretty good source of EXP for those last 5-10 levels.

I also heard (not tested it yet myself) that you ninja nerfed Nathema exp farming, so yea having at least SM opses available for leveling would be nice

Level 70 and level 75 players will not have the gear and stats needed to hit enemies, hell level 70s couldn't even hit level 80 enemies. I remember when you'd players 10 level under the level cap in group finder flashpoints and they wouldn't even be able to hit anything in the flashpoint on account of the enemies being too higher level, those players were a hindrance to the group.