Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th!

JackieKo

Just now, DWho said:

They all just changed. It was there for a week

ok I was wondering if I was missing something on the Cartel Market.

All those pay CC to unlock features versus credits are pathetic. Pay a few hundred thousand credits which is nothing or pay 60-100 CC?

always pay credits to unlock.

Edited by remylion

6 minutes ago, remylion said:

ok I was wondering if I was missing something on the Cartel Market.

All those pay CC to unlock features versus credits are pathetic. Pay a few hundred thousand credits which is nothing or pay 60-100 CC?

always pay credits to unlock.

Except as a new character (on your first character) you don't have the 5K credits it costs to unlock the inventory module (only 10 additional slots) since that is most of what you will get doing the storyline on Tython. The one that was featured was also the legacy unlock version, you can still buy the character unlock version.

Edited by DWho

1 hour ago, Beckstar said:

They stuffed it completely I haven't been able to play since they did 7.21a update and new test server. I want a refund on my subscription $50 AUD I have been a member since Beta and can now no  longer play

Give swtor support a call when the lines are open to request a refund 
think only the english lines are open on this monday though https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/4806237/jump-to/first-unread-message

Have you considered updating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 see https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Edited by OwenBrooks

Hi! Some feedback on performance after 7.2.1

System:

MSI GE65 Raider Gaming Laptop

Windows 11

i7-10875H (8 core)

RTX 2080 Super

16GB RAM (2*8)

The first week after 7.2.1, 16-man PvP performance was slightly/noticeably worse. But after one week passed, performance dropped substantially. Haven't checked 16-man Ops yet. As far as other areas are concerned, I haven't done any testing because my PC was always playing them very well (except for Crisis on Umbara, infamous low fps on the train section for everybody).

I thought the 64-bit was supposed to finally make the group content perfectly playable. And instead, performance became worse?

Does anybody else suffer from this? This is really disappointing. My CPU usage still stays at 10-20% depending on the instance. If 64 bit cannot properly utilize my hardware (e.g. finally use 4 CPU cores!), then I can't really see performance in this game ever improving...

Is it finally time for SWTOR 2?

3 hours ago, Ritsi said:

I thought the 64-bit was supposed to finally make the group content perfectly playable.

As an actual developer who's done 32-to-64 ports in the past, I see no reason to assume that the switch to 64-bit, in and of itself, would make much difference either way on performance.

If the algorithms and assignments of tasks to threads are bad in 32-bit, *merely* switching to 64-bit will not make those things magically better.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:02 PM, FlameYOL said:

Level 70 and level 75 players will not have the gear and stats needed to hit enemies, hell level 70s couldn't even hit level 80 enemies. I remember when you'd players 10 level under the level cap in group finder flashpoints and they wouldn't even be able to hit anything in the flashpoint on account of the enemies being too higher level, those players were a hindrance to the group. 

yea but you were always getting bolster in SM ops, before you could joing with lv50 to lv70 ops, yes you have sh*tty gear at that point, but its easy enough to do the ops with it

On 4/10/2023 at 12:06 PM, DamzTheShadow said:

yea but you were always getting bolster in SM ops, before you could joing with lv50 to lv70 ops, yes you have sh*tty gear at that point, but its easy enough to do the ops with it

Its still a chore to carry a player that doesn't have their full rotation yet.

53 minutes ago, FlameYOL said:

Its still a chore to carry a player that doesn't have their full rotation yet.

A chore?  You don't even get ranks from most sm bosses from starparse anymore it's all 'not ranked combat too short'.

They nerfed the whajeebies out of story mode ops.  Is potentially taking 4 minutes to kill a boss instead of 2 minutes that much of a chore to you?  What's next?  An irating gate for story mode?  After all it's a 'chore' to carry some poor slob in less than 336 augmented gear.

... that was sarcasm, btw.  We don't need a gear gate for regular story mode ops.

On 4/11/2023 at 5:34 PM, LD_Little_Dragon said:

A chore?  You don't even get ranks from most sm bosses from starparse anymore it's all 'not ranked combat too short'.

They nerfed the whajeebies out of story mode ops.  Is potentially taking 4 minutes to kill a boss instead of 2 minutes that much of a chore to you?  What's next?  An irating gate for story mode?  After all it's a 'chore' to carry some poor slob in less than 336 augmented gear.

... that was sarcasm, btw.  We don't need a gear gate for regular story mode ops.

I have no issues taking people with low Irating to SM ops, but people who aren't max level don't even have reason to be doing ops in the first place.