Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th!

JackieKo

2 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Will the 64bit client download faster via Steam?

Faster than what?  Faster than the 32-bit client(1) on Steam, or faster than the 64-bit launcher on non-Steam, or faster than the 32-bit launcher on non-Steam.  (In general, in my experience, the Steam downloader runs faster for the same SWTOR version than the non-Steam downloader, although I do have very high performance Internet access.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, meddani said:

you do know that the 5.X set bonuses are obsolete at lv 74 and higher right? lol

Not so much obsolete as deactivated.  (Some folks say that those set bonuses were better than the 6.X bonuses.)  "Obsolete" would indicate that they still work, but are worse than the set later bonuses.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Not so much obsolete as deactivated.  (Some folks say that those set bonuses were better than the 6.X bonuses.)  "Obsolete" would indicate that they still work, but are worse than the set later bonuses.

true. you still get my point though lol

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Probably not a good assumption, since it currently doesn't work that way.

It actually does. Last update I had to transfer several gigs of data to another HDD because I literally could not update for lack of space. It filled up my HDD and the download stopped incomplete until I freed up space. In the thread linked below you can see I was not alone in this. Those 35GB might go away after the update is complete, but you still required it up front to update in the first place. Which is ridiculous.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926275-game-update-72-showdown-on-ruhnuk-launches-december-13th/?do=findComment&comment=9732470

Edited by Dayshadow
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 11:55 AM, JackieKo said:

One change we did want to let you know about today is an update coming to the Master Datacron. Currently, the item allows players to boost their characters to level 70. Beginning with 7.2.1, this item will boost players to level 80. 

When 7.2.1 goes live, this change will automatically be applied to players who currently have a Master’s Datacron in their inventory or Cargo Hold.

A reminder that the Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle contains: 

• 1 Master Datacron 
  • 1 Eternal Commander Equipment Lootbox which contains a set of equipment that is compatible to your character’s Discipline
  • Grants your character a ship and ship droid companion 

Is this also going to apply to commander tokens giving lvl 80 now and completing all of the story?

Edited by Ansalem

1 hour ago, Ansalem said:

Is this also going to apply to commander tokens giving lvl 80 now and completing all of the story?

They'd have said so, I think.  But let's suppose it did (lots of folks would prefer it slightly earlier than "all of the current story", and the actual ideal spot isn't clear).  What should your character decide at the beginning of Ossus?

9 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Based on the PTS launcher and client, which might not be a fair comparison(1), it will be a direct jump straight from 32-only to 64-only.  (These days, there won't be enough people still on 32-bit builds of Windows(2) for it to matter if they do that.)

(1) The idea of the 64-bit PTS was for us to test the 64-bit client, so it makes sense for there to be no "revert to 32-bit" option.

(2) Even fewer will have 32-bit *machines*.  If the otherwise 64-bit PC has a small enough amount of memory (4GB?), the Windows installer (for versions up to and including 10, but not for 11) will install the 32-bit version to reduce Windows's memory consumption.

It's what I figured out yeah, i was just curious because I recall some other mmos leaving players the choice for a while to toggle between DX9 and DX11 during their transition period
I do think that now 64bit should probably represent more than 99% of swtor's player base anyway, and if peoples are running the game on computers with specs too low for a 64bit client, I doubt they were even running the game before that. And they should really think about upgrading their setup a bit. :')

I was more concerned in terms of residual traces and leftovers of the 32bit client to be honest. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't do a clean reinstall just to be sure or if the game will properly get rid of the 32bit parts of the program since they have no reason to exist anymore :D

9 hours ago, supertimtaf said:

It's what I figured out yeah, i was just curious because I recall some other mmos leaving players the choice for a while to toggle between DX9 and DX11 during their transition period

Some of them still allow the toggle in case of problems like ancient GPUs that can't cope with DX11, although there can't be many left of those that are strong enough to do the job.

I do think that now 64bit should probably represent more than 99% of swtor's player base anyway, and if peoples are running the game on computers with specs too low for a 64bit client, I doubt they were even running the game before that. And they should really think about upgrading their setup a bit. :')

Agreed, although there might be a very few pre-2011 ultrapotatoes left that have 32-bit Win7/Win10 because they only have 4GB of RAM.  Yah, boo, sucks to be them, I guess, in 2023.

I was more concerned in terms of residual traces and leftovers of the 32bit client to be honest. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't do a clean reinstall just to be sure or if the game will properly get rid of the 32bit parts of the program since they have no reason to exist anymore :D

It shouldn't be *necessary*, because the predicted size of the download looks like it will be replacing most of the game anyway.  (Probably the audio resources will remain the same, but the graphical resources will change.  That would explain the weird-or-missing trees problem on the PTS.)  There might be traces left, I guess, mostly graphical things that were actually unused, and since you'll be downloading almost as much as a new install anyway, if you're worried about the possibility, dump the current install and start again.

But if you go that route, make a copy of your C:\Users\(your-user-name)\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings folder before uninstalling.

Since the 64bit install is a 35Gb download and hence a complete over write of the present install, here is a tip (for non-steam users); 

Delete SWTOR from your computer and start a fresh install.

Mostly because BW has not ironed out all the problems related to DLS (we figured) and some left over from 32bit client might force you to download a 2-3Gb repair EVERY time you want to play (or worse, re-install the game every time you want to play).

Edited by MortenJessen
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, supertimtaf said:

I've been contemplating that also, but I don't want to use bitraider at all, not even just to download the new version and then remove it after the fact.

14 minutes ago, Darev said:

I've been contemplating that also, but I don't want to use bitraider at all, not even just to download the new version and then remove it after the fact.

BitRaider is not longer an option.  It was removed completely some time ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PLeahC said:

You can complete the reputation at any time. You don't need a season to be active.

Quick addendum to this, sorry for being persnickety but it matters. Iamnotacrook, as several of us answered when you asked this same question earlier this month, and Bioware has confirmed...

You can still earn G.A.M.E reputation for the Analyses Modules you have already collected, but...

If you need to collect more Modules to get max reputation, you need to have PH4-LNX out as your active companion. As others have suggested in different threads, the drop rate appears to be quite low so patience will be your friend.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

If you need to collect more Modules to get max reputation, you have to have PH4-LNX out as your as your active companion. As others have suggested in other threads, the drop rate appears to be quite low so patience will be your friend.

They are absolutely still dropping and the drop rate is abysmally low.  Same for Season 2's underworld modules when you have Fen active.  I wish BW would turn back on the option to spend Jawa junk to increase the drop rate for both.

Actually, think I am going to go suggest that.

Edit -- I just checked and you can still purchase the Jawa Intel module for G.A.M.E.

Edited by ceryxp

21 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

They'd have said so, I think.  But let's suppose it did (lots of folks would prefer it slightly earlier than "all of the current story", and the actual ideal spot isn't clear).  What should your character decide at the beginning of Ossus?

which ever content starts at level 80.

15 minutes ago, remylion said:

which ever content starts at level 80.

You are missing the point.  When you start Jedi Under Siege Lana asks you which faction you want to support.  If you choose your original faction you become a loyalist, if you choose the opposite faction you become a saboteur and have access to the saboteur choices during Jedi Under Siege, Onslaught, and Legacy of the Sith.  You must make that choice before moving forward with the story.

The question being asked is: which choice is made?

If the Commander's Character token were updated so that it started new characters at LotS, how is the choice of being a loyalist or saboteur decided?  Are you suggesting that the choice fall along faction lines again, just like the default choices in Eternal Throne and Fractured Alliances?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

You are missing the point.  When you start Jedi Under Siege Lana asks you which faction you want to support.  If you choose your original faction you become a loyalist, if you choose the opposite faction you become a saboteur and have access to the saboteur choices during Jedi Under Siege, Onslaught, and Legacy of the Sith.  You must make that choice before moving forward with the story.

The question being asked is: which choice is made?

If the Commander's Character token were updated so that it started new characters at LotS, how is the choice of being a loyalist or saboteur decided?  Are you suggesting that the choice fall along faction lines again, just like the default choices in Eternal Throne and Fractured Alliances?

Maybe a prompt asking about which one before you continue? Does it effect the story much?

10 minutes ago, remylion said:

Maybe a prompt asking about which one before you continue? Does it effect the story much?

The saboteur storyline is starting to feel like an abandoned plot thread, and although the choices have minimal effect, and 7.0's options are trivial (at least for an Imperial saboteur), they do affect the story.  I can not speak to a Republic saboteur, as I do not have one, but for Imperial saboteurs being a saboteur affects things such as an NPC's death, the strength of the original faction coming out of Onslaught, and whether you make an NPC into an asset or not.

I am not certain if a prompt would be possible since it likely would have to come after the character is created and by then the choices would have to have been made.