Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce that Game Update 7.2.1 will be launching on March 28th! We will be taking down the servers at 7am CT/12pm UTC with an expected downtime of 5 hours. Patch notes will be posted on March 27th here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

We did want to point out that this game update contains the 64-bit client, so please expect a larger download than normal. Players should expect a 35g download for 7.2.1. 

One change we did want to let you know about today is an update coming to the Master Datacron. Currently, the item allows players to boost their characters to level 70. Beginning with 7.2.1, this item will boost players to level 80. 

When 7.2.1 goes live, this change will automatically be applied to players who currently have a Master’s Datacron in their inventory or Cargo Hold.

A reminder that the Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle contains: 

• 1 Master Datacron 
  • 1 Eternal Commander Equipment Lootbox which contains a set of equipment that is compatible to your character’s Discipline
  • Grants your character a ship and ship droid companion 

If you want the full level 80 boost, please do not use the Master Datacron or the Lootbox until AFTER 7.2.1 launches. 

See you in-game on March 28th! 

Jackie 

EDIT: 

PvP Seasons 2: Piercing the Veil article has been published here

7.2.1 Game Update Patch Notes have been published. 

Galactic Seasons 4 article is now live. Read more here

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

What will be included with 7.2.1?  Will PVP Season 2 be active?  Also we were supposed to be getting the Opal Vulptilla with this patch release if we pvped on the PTS.

What about the new Mek Sha SH and will regular Galactic Season be active?

For anyone curious, e won't have a proper list / confirmation until Monday with the patch notes, but here is what 7.2.1 should include:

• Galactic Season 4
  • PvP Season 2
  • 64-bit update (technical update)
  • PvP Alderaan medal changes
  • New cartel stuff?
  • Economy changes
  • Mek-sha Stronghold
  • Master’s Datacron to level 80
  • Opal Vulptilla reward if you helped on the PTS testing tasks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

27 minutes ago, remylion said:

is the timing between the pvp season and galactic season usually only 1 month?

sadly, i do wish they'd get it down to to two weeks or less, feel like they should be working on season 5 whilst 4 is just releasing.

38 minutes ago, remylion said:

is the timing between the pvp season and galactic season usually only 1 month?

No info, the first PvP season was off the beginning of the third Galactic one, but they ended in the same day. Might've aswell have both starting now.

22 hours ago, JackieKo said:

A reminder that the Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle contains: 

• 1 Master Datacron 
  • 1 Eternal Commander Equipment Lootbox which contains a set of equipment that is compatible to your character’s Discipline

you do know that the 5.X set bonuses don't function anymore at lv 74 and higher right? lol

Edited by meddani
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

One change we did want to let you know about today is an update coming to the Master Datacron. Currently, the item allows players to boost their characters to level 70. Beginning with 7.2.1, this item will boost players to level 80. 

Will this change be made to include the commanders compendium, the one that gives you a server character slot, plus free level 70 toon?  Will that now give us an 80 toon instead?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Happy to announce that Game Update 7.2.1 will be launching on March 28th!

Woohoo!  A new patch on my day off that I took because it's also my birthday!

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

We will be taking down the servers at 7am CT/12pm UTC with an expected downtime of 5 hours. Patch notes will be posted on March 27th here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

We did want to point out that this game update contains the 64-bit client, so please expect a larger download than normal. Players should expect a 35g download for 7.2.1. 

Well (...) me, it's a 35GB download.  On my birthday.  And five hours of downtime that will consume the entire afternoon.  On my birthday when I have the day off.  (Er, because it's my birthday.)

Sucks to be me, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, JackieKo said:

We did want to point out that this game update contains the 64-bit client

A question worth asking, but are you getting rid of the 32bit client with the update as well ? Or is the 64bit client something that will need to get activated somewhere in the launcher options ? The sooner we can get rid of the old one the better we'll be, so all details are welcome 😄

3 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

Is any of the existing software going to be removed, or do we all just have to give up 35 GB of hard drive space?

Probably (no guarantees) the new stuff will overwrite the old stuff.  (That is, the filenames will be the same, but the contents will be replaced.)

19 hours ago, LadyAdmiral said:

For anyone curious, e won't have a proper list / confirmation until Monday with the patch notes, but here is what 7.2.1 should include:

• Galactic Season 4
  • PvP Season 2
  • 64-bit update (technical update)
  • PvP Alderaan medal changes
  • New cartel stuff?
  • Economy changes
  • Mek-sha Stronghold
  • Master’s Datacron to level 80
  • Opal Vulptilla reward if you helped on the PTS testing tasks

I know all that was said to be coming in 7.2.1 but is this what everyone is expecting because it just seems strange that the new PvP season is the only thing being promoted. If galactic season 4 is coming Tuesday with a new stronghold and companion wouldn't that be promoted in the latest news and in an article?

51 minutes ago, supertimtaf said:

A question worth asking, but are you getting rid of the 32bit client with the update as well ? Or is the 64bit client something that will need to get activated somewhere in the launcher options ? The sooner we can get rid of the old one the better we'll be, so all details are welcome 😄

Based on the PTS launcher and client, which might not be a fair comparison(1), it will be a direct jump straight from 32-only to 64-only.  (These days, there won't be enough people still on 32-bit builds of Windows(2) for it to matter if they do that.)

(1) The idea of the 64-bit PTS was for us to test the 64-bit client, so it makes sense for there to be no "revert to 32-bit" option.

(2) Even fewer will have 32-bit *machines*.  If the otherwise 64-bit PC has a small enough amount of memory (4GB?), the Windows installer (for versions up to and including 10, but not for 11) will install the 32-bit version to reduce Windows's memory consumption.