Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

scummy? no. I believe they fully intended and wanted to release it when they said. But lets see... we're in the middle of a global pandemic that has effected everything. There were a ton of complaints from pts testing. There were a lot WIP on pts that clearly were not finished... while most are working form home. So no i don't think it's scummy

It's not the players fault, but it's a lesson for everyone: Don't sub early, and don't take your vacation early. It happens every expansion. People complain about subbing and taking time off work and then they have to delay and people complain. It's scientifically proven that it's safer to sub or take time off when said expansion actually releases

What about people who haven't played for however long you are deciding everyone affected has played? I certainly haven't, so I have no knowledge of any of these issues you're listing. Why should I expect a delay to an announced expansion to a long-standing MMO run by a major company?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if there are any plans to continue with the concept of allowing existing force-using characters to select the opposite alignment mirror class as their primary combat style in 7.0? If so, what will the requirements be? Dark/light alignment to a certain point? Any story requirements?

i don't imagine them taking this option away. And they've cleared this up pretty well recently. if you have an existing toon (force user) that is aligned to the opposite side, you'll have the option to pick your mirror class upon log-in. For more detailed info I'd check out the dev tracker (jackie and chris' posts)

Thank you Keith. I appreciate the communication and willingness to make the expansion right. All that said, some comments by my fellow players goes to show I guess we can't please everyone.

What's funny is that this news generally get more positive comments than some changes the expansion introduces :)

I am in support of this decision and applaud it.

Same here.

That said, what is the holiday schedule? Could we get some double XP too? :rak_03:

I certainly wouldn't oppose such idea. 'member 250% xp back in 2017? I 'member.

What about people who haven't played for however long you are deciding everyone affected has played? I certainly haven't, so I have no knowledge of any of these issues you're listing. Why should I expect a delay to an announced expansion to a long-standing MMO run by a major company?

how many delays have been announced for major companies the last almost 2 years now? hundreds, thousands? It is still safe to hold off on doing anything, until we are 100% sure something will actually be released or done. new or old players.

Honestly, I hope it's over the operations for armor. Personally, I loved the Play how you want move. People farming specific flash points and operations for gear drops. It's not needed with the current system I have armors I wanted and others I liked for the look with the current system.

I hate operations. They take too long they are not fun. Everyone must hit every action on point. One person does not know their role it fails. You cant form a group and just have fun with Operations.

i am surprised it was cleared for Dec 14th at all because technically disney does not allow multiple star wars content being released same month which would have fell in the same month as Book of Boba Fett which could have been another reason it was delayed.

You are 100% wrong about this. In fact, Disney LOVES multiple Star Wars content coming out at the same time if it's in different genres (as in Book of Boba Fett is a TV show, SWTOR is a computer game) because then the SW content actually supports and promotes the other genres. People see the Boba Fett show and want to play as a Bounty Hunter and LOOK! SWTOR just released 7.0 so new people (or old unsubs) flock to see it.

It's Marketing 101.

I think delaying the expansion was the right choice, but I do feel sad for those people who specifically bought a subscription to be able to play this expansion. Also sad for no new SWTOR content this Christmas! Kind of breaks the tradition.

I would like to know what areas of the expansion specifically made the devs choose to delay the update. There have been many concerns raised here about the upcoming changes so it would be reassuring to hear that those concerns have been heard and taken under consideration.

scummy? no. I believe they fully intended and wanted to release it when they said. But lets see... we're in the middle of a global pandemic that has effected everything. There were a ton of complaints from pts testing. There were a lot WIP on pts that clearly were not finished... while most are working form home. So no i don't think it's scummy

It's not the players fault, but it's a lesson for everyone: Don't sub early, and don't take your vacation early. It happens every expansion. People complain about subbing and taking time off work and then they have to delay and people complain. It's scientifically proven that it's safer to sub or take time off when said expansion actually releases

No my friend, you can't go off that easy. Don't even try.

I don't care if it's WW3 out there, the company made customers believe the new content was coming out next week. I don't care about the WIP's or bugs, they kept everyone in the dark on these forums until one week from launch.

They had plenty of time to delay or made announcements, they didn't.

If you're the type of person who supports this kind of behaviour, I hope you don't complain when you get scammed IRL.

Edited by EduardoJN

Can we please get a collection unlock sale for the anniversary? When you didn't give us one for Black Friday, people speculated that it might come with the new expansion. Since the expansion has been pushed back, it would be nice if you could give us the sale now. I've been waiting for ages already.

Apart from that, I'm actually pretty happy that LotS has been delayed. This will give me time to 1. get my knight to renown 100, 2. collect more tech frag sets in order to get the titles, and most importantly 3. finish the bounty hunter story and achieve legendary before the class icons are changed into the new ugly ones!

And in general, it's better to take more time than to release something that's full of bugs and doesn't work properly.

Like other, mixed feeling between take care of your team, and, why telling us now as a 2 month delay, well, as a developper myself, when there is such a delay, you can see it come ...

I did take a 3 month subscribtion on amazon, 77 days left, so no more subscribe at 02/09 and a complete waste as i'd planed that duration to enjoy the new content. New content that i'll not get in full substance as prefered players will not have access to second combat styles (with or without cartel unlock, still no clue) considering my sub will end at the previously told date

There is a real lack of communication and the state of the game and of the community reflect it.

As other player i'm asking myself about:

- Galactic Season 2

- Lifeday

- Upcomming events for December

- 10th anniversary

and so on ...

Oh FFS.... Have they EVER made a release date? Not while I've been active anyways. Every damn time it gets pushed. Maybe just allocate the proper time to begin with? Very disappointing. Extremely so. I don't like being hyped up for nothing, the least you could have done was recognise this need for extra time a little earlier.. Not tell us 7 days out from release.

And no, inevitable defender, I would not "rather play a broken game". That's a totally flippant argument. And I've got a right to be disappointed that something they've hyped and had the past however many months to work on STILL isn't ready for it's stated release date.... Just to get that out there

Also, we all swallowed having no collection sale on Black Friday or Cyber Monday because we assumed one would accompany the 7.0 release.. So now we have to wait another 2 months for that too? Give us a damn sale to make up for this at the very least

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You are 100% wrong about this. In fact, Disney LOVES multiple Star Wars content coming out at the same time if it's in different genres (as in Book of Boba Fett is a TV show, SWTOR is a computer game) because then the SW content actually supports and promotes the other genres. People see the Boba Fett show and want to play as a Bounty Hunter and LOOK! SWTOR just released 7.0 so new people (or old unsubs) flock to see it.

It's Marketing 101.

they are allowed to premotions on star wars content they not allowed to release multiple titles at the same time. its been a issue force awakens, rogue one, last jedi and rise of skywalker with onslaught releases. its when it falls within a movie or series along with a game or expansion that disney dislikes that. Because they believe it cuts into profit margins for other star wars content. when it probably actually boosts stuff upon releases but not how disney looks at it with movies/series vs games

that and to be honest you cannot really expect them to release a expansion a week before christmas because that would mean they would have to work during christmas and new yrs which is not going to happen. but lets be real the game is going to get basically 3 extra weeks of work in those 2 months of delay. and its not even going to be enough time to even work out the bugs to be honest.

Let's assume you're right. Even if worst case scenario they were just delaying to be able to have a holiday with family and will only be doing a month of work instead 2.5 months. For one they SHOULD get to have a holiday with family, as should many people should. It's really entitled, lacking empathy and weird to expect developers to not take time off to be with family during the holidays. Secondly, 3 weeks is a lot of time to deal with bugs. If you've ever played a game with bugs at launch you know developers tend to address a large amount of them in the first couple weeks with a patch. Thirdly, if they need more time to develop and disney didn't care like you said and just wanted to delay the backlash - that means they are not getting resources they need to address problems. So you're taking your frustrations out on the wrong people and expecting them to neglect their family to work for a company that doesn't offer them more resources. That's absolutely ridiculous.

I personally think you're being extremely negative. I think that it will be a fun expansion.

Edited by Infraredman
last sentence

Their time is spent on vacation for over a month from mid-December till mid to late Febuary. You are under the illusion these two months will be spent working on the game.. this is not the case. They will only spend a few weeks in February... two or 3 at max tweaking this.. Most of these two months they wont be doing a damn thing about the game, and not even in the offices.

So do you think that they decided that they needed to choose between delaying their vacation, or delaying the launch, and they chose to delay the launch?

If we assume they start their break on the 22nd and stay out till the 15th, that provides an approximate additional period of 6 weeks to work on LotS. I doubt they're going to be working on any radical departures from the course they have charted, but need additional time for QT (that we'll likely be a part of on PTS) .

1. Why is this only being announced a week before launch? It has been obvious to a lot of us for a while that what was on PTS was not going to be in a launchable state by Dec. 14th. As of Nov. 10, about a month before launch, there wasn't any content at Level 1 or 2 as per the Status Update PTS thread. A month before launch, there should have been several items showing at least being at level 2, with perhaps 1 or 2 at Level 1.

2. Is Life Day still going to be taking place this month?

3. Would it be a wise idea to abandon putting xpacs out in December and to either aim for launch dates in November or February?

how many delays have been announced for major companies the last almost 2 years now? hundreds, thousands? It is still safe to hold off on doing anything, until we are 100% sure something will actually be released or done. new or old players.

They made those announcements with sufficient advanced warning. Not a week before. You are acting ridiculous to blame the victims here.

they are allowed to premotions on star wars content they not allowed to release multiple titles at the same time. its been a issue force awakens, rogue one, last jedi and rise of skywalker with onslaught releases. its when it falls within a movie or series along with a game or expansion that disney dislikes that. Because they believe it cuts into profit margins for other star wars content. when it probably actually boosts stuff upon releases but not how disney looks at it with movies/series vs games

Again, you're just wrong. This type of cross-genre symmetry is what Disney and every other company with well-known IPs live for. These two titles don't COMPETE with each other, they support each other. They don't steal money from each other, they act as advertising for each other. If you understood marketing and advertising, you'd know that.

No my friend, you can't go off that easy. Don't even try.

I don't care if it's WW3 out there, the company made customers believe the new content was coming out next week. I don't care about the WIP's or bugs, they kept everyone in the dark on these forums until one week from launch.

They had plenty of time to delay or made announcements, they didn't.

If you're the type of person who supports this kind of behaviour, I hope you don't complain when you get scammed IRL.

Support what behavior? them trying as hard as possible to meet the original date? I support that. But I'm also realistic and understand the conditions we're all under. I'm sorry that you care about entertainment more than world conditions. Yes who cares if thousands of people are dying, can't go to work, can't afford food or shelter... or big worry should be Eduardo getting his video game. This is the behavior that I cannot and do not support. I'm sorry if you feel scammed but I don't believe that's what BioWare intended to do. And wait for them to respond, who knows what they will do in response, or give to players as a sorry. They have done that before

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

Can you end ranked season next week and start new galactic season next weak too? So at least we would have something to do in the game until mid february ?

My question is simple - why could we not have been told sooner, a lot sooner?

I have recently subbed up for an additional 6 months on the premise that it would be 6 months of 7.0/new content.

Surely you realised things would not be ready more than one week from launch? I had deep suspicion that, given the timing of what was being scheduled on pts in recent months that it would not leave much time for tying everything together before Christmas.

I'm playing since launch and getting pretty tired of the drip drip of content - surely this time some comphensation is warranted for loyal subscribers, and indeed new comers who expected to be playing a new iteration of the game this year.

Of course we want a patch that works but something should have been said a lot sooner especially as you had the opportunity on the livestream to give an honest update on the state of the game.

Very disappointed.