Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

I cannot express in polite language just how angry this makes me ... not because of the delay but because you wait until one week before release to announce it! I and untold others have resubscribed specifically because of this expansion and now you're kicking it two months down the road? I expect a refund or this is one veteran player who will never be darkening the doors of SWTOR ever again.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney probably was a big factor since Book of boba fett is released on december 30th which is probably the reason for not being released in December nor January. But also holiday vacation is going to take up much of that time for them.

Sorry i fail to see how this ties into repeated bad communication?

They knew when Book of Boba Fett was coming out, i'm kinda hoping they knew Thanksgiving and Christmas would be happening at the same time they have for hundreds of years???

I'm not even a little surprised. I agree that it is better to delay the release if it is not ready, but like other announcements, it seems like it is a little late to be hearing of this for the first time.

They must have known for some time that the release would need to be delayed but did nothing to let us know that the date was not realistic until the last minute.

This is just another example of how they withhold information that people might want to know when deciding on whether to purchase or renew a subscription.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I was super excited and preparing for 7.0.. with only a few days left my hype grew. My sub just renewed yesterday. Now i'm just let down. I honestly feel depressed today, not only did they take my joy, time, effort, they took my money knowing it should have been delayed before they even announced the release date of dec 14th. Horrible tactics. I will be unsubbing, and now i'm no longer looking forward to the expansion. Way to ruin my christmas, grench. :(

Will this delay mean that a new crafting tier and the new operation will be included in the 7.0 update? Or is that stuff getting pushed back too? Is the scope of what's included in the update changing at all?

Will there be additional updates to the PTS or are you just turning the previously final build back on?

Thanks for making the tough decision to delay the update. I know it will be in a better state than if you were to release it on the date that was originally announced and I'm happy to wait.

Not really surprised, but I'm glad you made this decision.

To echo what most who played on PTS recently said, it wasn't ready.

Pushing it out 2 months (really only 5-6 weeks with vacations / holidays) will certainly help.

in the meantime I will get a long overdue title (which I only found out about last week) and farm renown on each class up to 100.

I subscribed for nothing? Is that it? TWO WHOLE MONTHS?! Next time, don't give an ETA unless you are absolutely sure you will be releasing on that day.

Onslaught was short and disappointment. Now you're delaying what will be another short expansion that will need 7.X to continue.

Edited by RedTheHedgehog

i am not happy about the delay for 2 month's since i was waiting more for the gelactic season 2 finally starts next week now we need to wait 2 more month's for it and a lot off other players are also not happy about the delay from 2 month's.

and i was waiting for the long ask weapon desinger system that has been ask since the outfit desinger.

and the most thing i am not happy about is that there wait to tell us 1 week before the release that there going to delay it for 2 month's.

thats the worst you can do if some things are not sure 100% then wait when you give the release date free and 3 weeks later you delay it for 2 month's.

i was happy with the release off the new expension since i can finally play the new story content and the new combat system with my 2 new chars i wane creat for it.

same for the weapon desinger system that is coming to the outfit desinger.

and also wane see if the gelactic season 2 was better then the first season that was boring after few weeks.

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

[/QUOT

Thank god I cancelled yesterday and removed my card details. I was only subbed again for the new expansion. I have played on and off for years and was looking forward to starting from scratch with some new chars.

Ho well, see you lot next year ;)

Edited by tanbleeky

While this is disappointing as I was looking forward to it, its the better decision, take the time to make this expansion as epic as it can be. I always disliked December releases for expansions personally, they tend to be extremely buggy, I still have nightmares over Shadow of Revan's early access.

Their time is spent on vacation for over a month from mid-December till mid to late Febuary. You are under the illusion these two months will be spent working on the game.. this is not the case. They will only spend a few weeks in February... two or 3 at max tweaking this.. Most of these two months they wont be doing a damn thing about the game, and not even in the offices.

Most seems to have been said, so sticking to the main points.

Congratulations on not releasing something you weren't comfortable with, thank you!

Timing was not ideal, I didn't expressly subscribe for this, but can imagine that would be a common scenario, and those users would be short-changed.

Any details that could help us understand how a 2 month delay was approved only 1 week before would go a long way.

And for the FAQ... Really just 1 question...

Can we just still release the story component during the holidays without all the mechanic and UI changes?

Regarding the delay. Fine by me. But .....

Back at the 6.0 launch renown was introduced with the promise it would also be around in 7.0. For this reason, I hadn't planned on grinding out the lv999 achievement yet as I like to play multiple toons.

When you dropped the bomb that 7.0 would remove renown it meant people like me had to either accept to not get the achievement or scramble and grind their behinds offs.

Question: I'm 250 levels away from 999. I can do this in 1 week if I focus hard. (last week I got approx 250 levels as well). Am I correct to assume I have until 15-02-2022 to reach 999?

yes we assumed renown would be around for a while. However, when they introduced renown they even told us that our lvl would be reset (especially with any expansion as those usually include a lvl increase). so you've know since 6.0 to hit 999 before 7.0 hit. otherwise there was the (i would say 99.99% chance) of not getting the titles and achievements for hitting 999 and 100 with all classes. So them removing renown for 7.0 actually didn't change any requirements for you to get said achievements before it drops

Making this public one week before lauch is a very, very shady move.

A lot of people (me included) got a subscription to play the expansion (in my case, 2 months). But like I've said in a previous post on another topic: you guys simply don't care.

This was a CDPR type of scummy move.

Also, is anyone here really surprised? The game had a lot of problems and "WIP" tags on PTS. What kind of miracle these guys would have to pull out of their hats to deliver this expansion in 7 days?

Shame on me for believing it.

Way to treat customers and players. And way to go on the 10th year of this game, what a shame.

Edited by EduardoJN

How do I request a refund or partial reimburse of funds that I spent subbing to SWTOR a few days ahead of the release of 7.0 now that you guys last-minute changed the release date and pushed it back whole two months?

I would be okay if my game time was simply put on hold until release of 7.0, I don't mind that I paid you guys, I mind that it's going to waste completely as I do not play the game until 7.0 comes out.

Good on ya! Don't push out a turd and then start pointing fingers. That didn't work out so well for SWG. Maybe think about a nice gift for the 10 year anniversary. But, stand strong. A good publish is better for the game.

They leave next week and wont come back till late January. There will be no "nice gift for the 10th Anniversary" because there isn't anyone there to make something happen in the 4 or 5 work days they have left.

for those complaining about subbing for the expansion... don't sub until it actually launches and is released. removes that trouble. most players know, every expansion and big update has been delayed. if i remember correctly even 6.x (something) was delayed two months.

Well, what you are basically saying is, by now, we have to acknowledge this type of scummy move as normal, as it was done many times before. So it's the player's fault.

What a gamer.

Kinda wish this announcement had been made before the conquest week started. So I didn't spend the entire morning getting 100k on as many toons as possible. I completely understand not wanting to put out an unfinished/buggy patch, but did the announcement really have to arrive so soon to launch? Was the decision really just made today? Also feel very sorry for those who subscribed specifically for the expansion. I hope you can somehow include those subscribed this month to receive the expansion when it finally does arrive. I patiently await the finished product. In the future please consider informing people earlier. - Raine

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

Hello Keith!

I was wondering if there are any plans to continue with the concept of allowing existing force-using characters to select the opposite alignment mirror class as their primary combat style in 7.0? If so, what will the requirements be? Dark/light alignment to a certain point? Any story requirements?

Also, would you consider moving dark/light tokens to a legacy currency in 7.0 since they will be considerably more difficult to obtain moving forward?

Thank you!

Well, what you are basically saying is, by now, we have to acknowledge this type of scummy move as normal, as it was done many times before. So it's the player's fault.

What a gamer.

scummy? no. I believe they fully intended and wanted to release it when they said. But lets see... we're in the middle of a global pandemic that has effected everything. There were a ton of complaints from pts testing. There were a lot WIP on pts that clearly were not finished... while most are working form home. So no i don't think it's scummy

It's not the players fault, but it's a lesson for everyone: Don't sub early, and don't take your vacation early. It happens every expansion. People complain about subbing and taking time off work and then they have to delay and people complain. It's scientifically proven that it's safer to sub or take time off when said expansion actually releases