Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was definitely expecting a delay, based on the state of the PTS. However I was expecting a 2-4 weeks delay. 2 whole months is a LOT. That's like a different quarter altogether. The announcement for the release was made only last month, the devs must have known how far behind they were right..? I mean a 2 month delay doesn't just sneak up on you.

They leave for Christmas holidays in the middle of December and don't come back until the middle of January. Why they keep releasing major content right before they leave for an entire month, I don't know. There were similar issues last year when they released Spirit of Vengeance in a completely broken state, went on Holidays, and left it broken for over a month.

I was definitely expecting a delay, based on the state of the PTS. However I was expecting a 2-4 weeks delay. 2 whole months is a LOT. That's like a different quarter altogether. The announcement for the release was made only last month, the devs must have known how far behind they were right..? I mean a 2 month delay doesn't just sneak up on you.

Steam Deck launch is also delayed until February 2022. Coincidence?

I'm not upset that the release of 7.0 was pushed back. I am disappointed, however, that the announcement about it was only done at the last minute. Only one week from launch? There is no way that the Devs didn't know weeks earlier that they wouldn't make the deadline, so why wasn't this announced earlier?

Answer: to get at least one extra month of sub time from people who would unsub (or already had unsubbed) until 7.0 comes out. I resubbed the first of December to take stock of all my alts (powers, keybinds, etc.) so I would be ready for all the changes to the powersets (and to know what keybinds other alts used for different "combat styles" so I could map those to characters taking on a new style. Well, congrats to me, I get to eat at least one month extra sub time where it was definitely known by the end of November that 7.0 would not be ready to launch on time.

Take whatever time is needed to make 7.0 right - but please stop milking the subscriber base by not being honest and forthright in advance of these announcements so the players can make informed decisions about their subscriptions. Bad Form, Bioware.

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

Thank you Keith. I appreciate the communication and willingness to make the expansion right. All that said, some comments by my fellow players goes to show I guess we can't please everyone. I am in support of this decision and applaud it. Also thank you very much for more time to hit my renown targets!

That said, what is the holiday schedule? Could we get some double XP too? :rak_03:

Blak

From my point of view I prefer that you delay the content to be able to get it out much more polished with which I am happy about it.

One of the things that I know that many may bother them is having acquired the subscription these days and then receive the news that it is delayed until next February, which I understand that some people will complain about it.

I honestly consider that delaying to improve and polish is something positive within the development of videogames and I sincerely raise my expectations of finding higher quality content and with few or no bugs.

Anyway, thanks for advising of the decision. :)

They leave for Christmas holidays in the middle of December and don't come back until the middle of January. Why they keep releasing major content right before they leave for an entire month, I don't know. There were similar issues last year when they released Spirit of Vengeance in a completely broken state, went on Holidays, and left it broken for over a month.

thats why i said 'enjoy your extended holiday' stuff will still be broken when they release it. nothing new here. it's just ridiculous that paying subscribers are forced to wait this long between story updates.

First of all, I agree with the general sentiment that it's good you're taking your time to make this expansion good and not releasing something unfinished.

HOWEVER, I also hope you're already thinking of some sort of proper compensation for all the customers who bought a subscription just for this expansion, ESPECIALLY, when you're telling us about a 2-month delay 1 WEEK before the supposed release.

Sorry to hear about a delay in the release of 7.0 but if it will make things better, I can wait. I do have a few questions...

When will GS2 start?

When will PVP rewards be distributed?

When will life day start and what will it consist of?

Will R4 release on Feb 15th also?

Hopefully the FAQ will cover these questions?

Enjoy your holiday break.

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

Can you not postpone the end of ranked season 14??? if it will end in february it will mean that it lasted more than a year and players already tired of playing it now, everyone got all needed armors,weapons, ratings etc. This is highly bad if season 14 will end in february while most of ranked players already got everything they wanted, ranked activity dropped significantly, people tired and got bored of current season and pops will drop pretty fast soon

The thing is I could wait for another couple of months.

But really this comes after 2 years where you have given us nothing as a paying sub.

No class balance, really small patches exception for the one of last year.

Swtor is the joke of EA/Bw. Really speech-less. You cannot even celebrate your birthday, :mad:

Brilliant decision! Much better to identify and fix the issues and then launch. I look forward to the PTS. Thanks for letting us know. Huge respect for you all :) It takes a lot of courage to take a step back and say "yep, it's not working. Let's wait rather than push out something not 100% ready". I moan a lot sometimes & call a lot of things out, however you've got my sub secured for this level of honesty & doing the right thing. And now I have time to

• Get the rest of my bonus sets for the achievement
  • Get my slackers through the story before launch (yes, yes I know I'm the slacker)
  • Make loads more credits
  • Do the achievement for the LvD bosses
  • Hug Wookies like a maniac!
  • Romance more Quinns
  • Use every opportunity to badger for a Rivix romance :D

One question: Is the next Galactic Season delayed too? No mention in the blog post. Also, one more question: will things like the new hairstyles go on sale before Feb?

Edited by Sarova

They didnt even have a cinematic to show us. They literally had nothing.

The PTS didnt even feel like a Beta it felt like an Alpha!

Its clear it was no where near ready. Im expecting a second delay after this one

Edited by Zergnaut

Isn't this very embarrassing for you? Everyone who was playing 7.0 on PTS knew that you cannot finish it in time. Do not mention that you cannot release the new OP when 7.0 launches.

This one day will not help you. Please release it when it is ready (with OP and all your features you want to add).

Edit: should reading more carfully. Good decision to delay it 2 month!

Edited by kaymedic

Waiting until a week after the last possible minute to say "damn we need another 2 months" is very not good. That said I don't think you had a choice based on what we last saw on the PTS. As far as I'm concerned you're keeping my subs for 2 months that you probably wouldn't have if 7.0 was released next week.

ok im actually fine with delayed release but two thing have to happen

ok no i guess both are "want" not "need"

1st - on 15th February with 7.0 you also release at least sm version of the new ops, i dont want to wait till late march for that

2nd - well this is not "need" this is a "want" - i call for 2X XP, Renown, Legacy XP (and everything you can think of) starting 14th December lasting untill 7.0 drops in case you delay it again.. please? =)

Don't usually participate in the forums, but this seems to warrant it.

First, definitely think that a completed expansion is better than one that makes an arbitrary deadline. I think it was the right decision to delay the release if that's what is needed and support it.

Second, it seems like a delay of 2 months is much more than bug squashing and pretty significant overhauls incoming to the planned changes. I have been putting off PTS due to hearing a lot of feedback that made me less than happy. What what I've heard a lot of the least popular changes had been eased back a bit, but I still was at best apprehensive. The news of not being able to alter existing character's primary combat style seemed to be a setback to this progress and many seemed quite upset about it. I'm guessing the FAQ coming soon will address at least some of the potential changes.

Third, is there any chance that those who returned and subbed again, or for the first time, anticipating they would get the expansion on 12/14/2021 getting access to the expansion when it comes out even if they don't keep their sub in the meantime? I seem to remember this being a thing that happened once in the past but can't remember specifics. As a player who has subbed for a long time, the release of the expansion and the subsequent delay was not likely to change my subscription status (of course if I really don't like the expansion changes and story themselves then THAT may affect my sub status). However, I know a few people that used to play the game that returned specifically for the expansion and now may feel...misled by the 12/14/2021 release date being delayed to 2/15/2022 only a week before the announced release date. Is it possible to let players who are subbed on 12/14/2021 get access to the expansion? I think most would resub anyways for the actual release, but providing guaranteeing access to those that had returned to the game and to having a subscription specifically for the expansion would go a long way towards preventing players from feeling taken advantage of.

Good luck in the meantime with the upcoming changes/alterations/tweaks/updates and any fallout from the decision to delay the release.

Isn't this very embarrassing for you? Everyone who was playing 7.0 on PTS knew that you cannot finish it in time. Do not mention that you cannot release the new OP when 7.0 launches.

This one day will not help you. Please release it when it is ready (with OP and all your features you want to add). If it is in 1-2 month that would be more okay for me than a broken game on 15th.

15th February, thats a two months delay.. not 15th December =)

Thank you for the sudden attack of sanity. Personally, I think the feature set of 7.0 is very much a mixed bag, but for the good features to be able to offset the bad, they desperately need to be working and working well.

There was definitely some good response to feedback on the PTS builds, and I hope to see at least one or two more PTS builds before launch.

There's definitely features that had strong potential for game improvement, but you guys definitely had bitten off more than you could chew by Dec 14.

It might have been a tough call internally, but I very much think that it was absolutely the right call.

Grats on being brave enough to do it in the end.

If there's a next time for a release delay though, you might want to move notice of the postponement a bit earlier. It was clear, at least a couple of weeks ago, that you weren't going to make it by the proposed release date.

This sounds extremely sad. it would be ok if 7.0. be delayed to early january but MID FEBRUARY? This is way too long, considering that there is nothing to do at current patch and people already got bored. What sense to suffer in this game until february when i finished all my things for 6.x expansion. And when you going to end ranked season? in february? lol

Hello Mr. Kenneg,

speaking for myself here, I cannot say that I am surprised. The state of everything on the PTS spoke volumes to me. A lot of things didn't work properly and forcing it to release before the 10th anniversary of the game would have probably complicated things even more. The team likely also had to go through a lot of extra hours to even attempt to get it done by tuesday next week.

That being said, can you perhaps go into some details of the delay, or rather, what the additional time will be used for? Will we see additional polish or perhaps something extra being added to the release, or is it "only" to get the 7.0 you had in mind into a shippable state?

What about the 10th anniversary itself, will it still happen? Will we get an anniversary vendor etc without a new patch being applied?

What about Life Day?

Will this delay perhaps allow the team to find a way to allow existing characters to re-select their first combat style as originally planned?

Will there be anything to perhaps replace the expansion during the holidays, like another double XP period?

Will there be additional periods of PTS testing?

Honestly there is not much I see them changing between now and feb other than maybe reintroducing R-4 Anomaly back into launch other than that they really not going to change much features, mechanics or polish up as much people think they will. It will probably be in the same shape it is then that is now. All it really gives them time to do is to add the raid and potentially not have to worry about the christmas and new years weeks of the servers being a complete mess that is basically all you are really looking at that is giong to change

Hey everyone,

---Keith---

As others have said - a bad joke, though this probably is a good decision, but lets see how it is handled: Announcement almost right before the "expansion" came (this is not a real expansion lol j/k). Two months will not be enough to fix the bad mess and horrible decisions that are - 7.0 Gear system, 7.0 CQ changes, 7.0 Level Sync, Overboard nerfs on Jugg/Mara - Knight/Sentinels making iconic classes unplayable. Nothing fixes this, nor the jokingly small amount of story being added. Wont renew my sub, nor my brother's.

Communication???? you say....another bad joke.

There was a lot that needed additional testing/work based on what I saw on PTS before and I'm really glad we won't be seeing this all drop just over a week before Christmas. I'd rather have the update be late and polished than on time and in a messy state that's then left that way for 2-3 weeks or more while you guys are on your usual winter vacation (which I'm not referencing as a negative thing, I think it's a good thing that you take a break around the holidays, it's just not great when expansions are timed right around that period so I prefer they be earlier or later).

I look forward to checking out the changes on the PTS, hopefully we see some class changes for the classes that weren't in a great spot. There's also some gearing questions I'd like to see clarified/answered (big one being what happens to existing tacticals that won't be available in 7.0), so hopefully this will give us some insight on that. Also obviously hoping for some iteration on the actual gearing situation, but I'm not holding my breath there.