Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Swtorista.

They look much better in "reality" (on my characters) on the PTS than in the photos.

There was also this thread about them a few weeks ago.

Wow, I do like the look of some of those. I wonder if they'll ever add hood-hair. Or, more accurately, hair-hoods haha. Guess it'd be easiest to add actual outfit piece variants with hair already part of them rather than have lots of different styles. Same way they give us hooded and unhooded Jedi Revan robes for instance. Add a piece with preset hair showing on a hood, and one without

Define "10 years anniversary event." WHAT event? There's been no mention of what it actually is...

I don't think it means anything. It's probably just their way of trying to get people excited in an attempt to get them to subscribe to the game.

For all the folks complaining about nothing to do for two months, have you considered trying raiding outside of SM? :3 Put all that BiS gear that you totally need and are upset about losing to use.

A lot of people are taking time off, and waiting for the expiation to start raiding again. A delay in the launch of 7.0 is not good for those that want to do what you suggest.

the one big question yet to be answered is - will players be compensated for having to sit on their hands for two months having paid out for 2 months of something that is not going ahead? it would seem more than fair to me that each subscriber gets 2 additional months added to their game time (no refunds, no cash changing hands - just time to play what we thought we'd be playing in the coming 2 months).

and i don't understand how the 10 year anniversary celebrations are still deemed to kick off from 14th december.....

"the 10-year anniversary event will be running for a full year! From december 14, 2021 to january, 2023."

ha, ha, ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ............ha ha!!!!!!!!!

You need to wake up now because you are obviously dreaming.

Nothing but the truth. The only acceptable reasoning for most of 7.0 changes would be incoming console ports. But if none are coming, then it's a really needless waste of resources for a game that barely has any left

They might be doing this to reduce the burden of the servers so that they can either get smaller ones or do another server merger.

Also... I don't suppose we could have a patch to fix some of those long standing bugs while we wait at least?

If I read the dev post right, they are taking the time to give their team some rest. I doubt that they will have any time to work on bugs.

ha, ha, ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ............ha ha!!!!!!!!!

You need to wake up now because you are obviously dreaming.

Glad you got a laugh from my comment. My comment is funny but serving us up 3 more weeks of an annual event (Feast of Prosperity) that we have just completed is ok...or getting double xp in a game that already over levels you at normal speed is somehow giving us something extra.

I can get my 2 months sub time back - I can just unsub for two months in 2022 - but it would be nicer if they showed some love to the playerbase who have supported them for the last ten years, without having to be badgered to do so.

If you got a sub-standard product in a shop you'd look for some recompense would you not? - this is not the product they advertised in their livestream. And don't get me wrong I support their decision to do things properly but I don't support their year long fanfair for 2021 right up to last month and then owning up to a problem 1 week out. Its called accountability. Owning up to the fact that there is a shortcoming is one part of that but making amends also is required.

As others have said - a bad joke, though this probably is a good decision, but lets see how it is handled: Announcement almost right before the "expansion" came (this is not a real expansion lol j/k). Two months will not be enough to fix the bad mess and horrible decisions that are - 7.0 Gear system, 7.0 CQ changes, 7.0 Level Sync, Overboard nerfs on Jugg/Mara - Knight/Sentinels making iconic classes unplayable. Nothing fixes this, nor the jokingly small amount of story being added. Wont renew my sub, nor my brother's.

Communication???? you say....another bad joke.

Nothing you said is something that needs to be "fixed". They changed those systems. You don't like the changes. That's it. Period.

They aren't taking an extra 2 months to undo the systems we haven't even really gotten to fully try yet; They are taking the extra 2 months to finish all the stuff still needing to be done to deliver a completed expansion pack, like the UIs, etc.

There's no need to be flouncing about over this. Your disapproval is noted.

Nothing you said is something that needs to be "fixed". They changed those systems. You don't like the changes. That's it. Period.

They aren't taking an extra 2 months to undo the systems we haven't even really gotten to fully try yet; They are taking the extra 2 months to finish all the stuff still needing to be done to deliver a completed expansion pack, like the UIs, etc.

There's no need to be flouncing about over this. Your disapproval is noted.

Yup this is correct. Plus elden ring or swtor? imma choose elden ring every time, yall enjoy your "expansion". :D

lol theme parks are known for having delays. so bad example there since that happens all the time

The last minute would be the day before or the day of. There is nothing wrong with their timing. No one forced anyone to sub early

Looked at the date wrong. Muh bad. Still, 7 days is not a notice. For time off in most jobs you have to put in at least two weeks in advance. For some it's further out. The data they've been collecting pointed to this being an inevitability. The fact that they knew and allowed people to resub who were doing so just for 7.0 is shady.

I LOVE BioWare games, but the dishonesty in their business practices leaves an incredibly bad taste. They're one step away from being another companies administrative team.

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what that is supposed to mean either, nor do I understand what "rewards" they are talking about that are delayed with 7.0.

What rewards? Whats the event? What's the anniversary vendors stocking?

I suspect something like DvL but much more lengthy and tedious retread of existing content. Plus 25,000 Wookie hugs achievement.

They are not even doing that. They are out of the office on winter break from nest week till about January 20th. They will come back then and have 2 weeks or so to do what they are doing. Two months working is a joke. Offices will be closed during that time.

They are not even doing that. They are out of the office on winter break from nest week till about January 20th. They will come back then and have 2 weeks or so to do what they are doing. Two months working is a joke. Offices will be closed during that time.

yup this is correct :D maybe 3 weeks of actual work on the game.

I wish i could see real statistics around how many people will unsub after reading this.....

I wish we could compare your unsubs vs the unsubs if they released a steaming pile of crap for the 10th anniversary. I am willing to bet the steaming pile would be far worse than people that should have known not to sub till the weight challenged lady sings. As others have said, every year they screw up and every year we wait for half the time for then to patch it to some playable state. In fact only reason I even have a snowball cannon was one year that entire thing was a cluster....

Again I applaud the decision and 100% support Keith and the team. Glad they want to do it right and not just do it.

I wish we could compare your unsubs vs the unsubs if they released a steaming pile of crap for the 10th anniversary. I am willing to bet the steaming pile would be far worse than people that should have known not to sub till the weight challenged lady sings. As others have said, every year they screw up and every year we wait for half the time for then to patch it to some playable state. In fact only reason I even have a snowball cannon was one year that entire thing was a cluster....

Again I applaud the decision and 100% support Keith and the team. Glad they want to do it right and not just do it.

100% agree. Unsubs would be worse in my opinion if they released and it wasn’t ready. Too many games have been released like this lately and gamers are rightly sick of it.

If I read the dev post right, they are taking the time to give their team some rest. I doubt that they will have any time to work on bugs.

Chill out. Everyone deserves a break to refresh each year.

It’s only 2 weeks holidays and then they’ll be back at work. That still gives them 8 weeks of actual work time to work on bugs and other changes based on PTS feedback.

In Australia we get a mandated 4 weeks a year. I know in the USA you have no such thing. Maybe that’s why everyone always seems so grouchy and wound up so tight.

It’s better for them to take a break for two weeks and come back refreshed.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

A collection sale here is a no-brainer to me. Especially when they skated past Black Friday

Keith or Jackie, if you are reading any of this, I would also like a collections sale over Christmas if you can still add the coding?

It would also make good business sense because you’ll have players over the holidays with “xmas cash” to spend. So having a sale on CM items and collections would bring in some extra revenue you may have lost with this announcement.

Edited by TrixxieTriss