Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

Reroll option seems to be extremely dumb - I rerolled "Kill bugs on Alderaan" away and got.." Kill bugs on Balmorra" instead. lol

I wish they made it smarter. AT LEAST make it so that reroll draws from different " pool" of missions than one you trying to replace is. Otherwise almost everything will almost always be " kill mobs on some old planet" - garbage.

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i experienced the last three days, Galactic Seasons is not made for my playstyle.

I don´t do PvP

I don´t do GSF

I don´t do Operations

--> The only weekly for me is the FP weekly and i don´t get it this week, even after reroll

I don´t kill random NPCs on planets, because its not fun. So there are also not that many dailys to do for me.

Its a bit disapointing

No you can do a daily, reroll and the first one sticks as completed. That's my experience anyway. So on my first day, I only had one daily solo mission. I did that, found I could re-roll, did so and go the Insectoid Rampage one. But my first competed mission was still ticked.

Well today I couldn't complete some daily objectives I got, because they were bugged. ("Defeat Capital Enemies" and "Defeat Home World Enemies" didn't work. I rerolled one and was able to complete that, but the other one stayed the same, so I was 1/2 even though I'd actually done three.) If we were allowed to choose from all possible daily objectives, at least we could get the two dailies done by avoiding the bugged ones. Another reason to let us choose.

excellent, ty you both for the info :)

Could someone help me find the reroll option? I have a visual disability and I'm really having a hard time figuring out where to click to reroll. I'm not even sure where to look for it, and someone said it's a teeny symbol. I doubt I'm gonna find it without a bit of guidance.

On the Conquest window, if you highlight the Daily or Weekly PO you want to re-roll, you'll see details of the task to the right of Objectives list. Normally where the Renown reward is, just underneath it will tell you whether quest is repeatable or whatever - the re-roll symbol should be there.

I've linked a pic here - Re-roll Symbol Placement

It might be just below there actually, but that's the area.

P.S. I really hope this helps - I'm not sure if I've been very clear, or helpful with the pic either :(

Edited by Jazulfi

What i experienced the last three days, Galactic Seasons is not made for my playstyle.

I don´t do PvP

I don´t do GSF

I don´t do Operations

--> The only weekly for me is the FP weekly and i don´t get it this week, even after reroll

I don´t kill random NPCs on planets, because its not fun. So there are also not that many dailys to do for me.

Its a bit disapointing

Ditto for me to, i do none of the above mentioned either, they are options i either dislike or cannot do anyway and the options i got, even with rerolling, was all in those above categories, so Galactic Seasons is a system that i will have to ignore. As for the rewards i will miss out on, well...ive enough companions already so i dont need this new guy, or his armor or wep gear..decos would have een nice but also no big deal without them. With Renown and Conquest, then daily log in rewards and now this new GS system things are getting messy, confusing and reaching saturation point for me, so ignoring this GS system will in the long run make my gameplay more simpler and straightforward anyway.

People here are basically asking for less variety,not for more options.

If all you ever want to do are facerollable low effort solo things and if you really want to see even more of this stuff showing up, then you are literally and undeniably asking for a more simple and less diverse selection of missions. So "More options" most def is not a good way to frame this.

Any and all missions that provide straightforward solo content are completely interchangeable and differ from one another in no meaningful way when it comes to gameplay. If somebody truly wants to restrict themselves to nothing but doing this stuff..well, more power to them I guess. Restricting yourself this way and demanding some overarching reward system still remains completley optimal just for you is quite ridiculous though. Those ready and willing to do all game has to offer absolutely should feel more rewarded here.

Who are you to tell what and how other people in this game should want to play? I can't even imagine what is the thought process behind claiming that more options means less variety because it makes absolutely no sense. I know you want everyone else to play the way you do, but as long as you don't pay our subs, you don't get to tell us how to play and what kind of content.

On the Conquest window, if you highlight the Daily or Weekly PO you want to re-roll, you'll see details of the task to the right of Objectives list. Normally where the Renown reward is, just underneath it will tell you whether quest is repeatable or whatever - the re-roll symbol should be there.

I've linked a pic here - Re-roll Symbol Placement

It might be just below there actually, but that's the area.

P.S. I really hope this helps - I'm not sure if I've been very clear, or helpful with the pic either :(

Thank you so so much. It really did help. It made sense and the picture was helpful as well!

Who are you to tell what and how other people in this game should want to play? I can't even imagine what is the thought process behind claiming that more options means less variety because it makes absolutely no sense. I know you want everyone else to play the way you do, but as long as you don't pay our subs, you don't get to tell us how to play and what kind of content.

This ^^

Additionally, there are players, like myself, who are not fully physically-abled. Group activities with random people are not a great option for us. We need extra time and patience to do some things. Gating objectives behind group content is excluding us from completing stuff, or forcing us to engage in activities that are miserable.

What they should do is keep the number of objectives that have to be hit, but add more options so that people can choose according to their play style and skill level.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Be careful with rerolling - not only can you get worse objectives, but you can roll objectives that are already deemed completed and will not get any points to progress the season.

Fail update is fail.

All objectives should be available every day, and simply limit 2 objectives per day to award points.

Be careful with rerolling - not only can you get worse objectives, but you can roll objectives that are already deemed completed and will not get any points to progress the season.

Fail update is fail.

All objectives should be available every day, and simply limit 2 objectives per day to award points.

I totally agree. There should be enough options for people to enjoy the game the way they want to.

I just forced myself through a pvp match on a stealther. I did not AFK, for the record. I killed a few people and managed not to die, but there was a lot of stealth, hide, heal, back to try to help, rinse and repeat. However, I really have trouble visually tracking everything going on in there and doubt I was all that much help to the team.. It was not an enjoyable experience, difficult to see what was going on, stressful because I couldn't take the time to understand what I was seeing. I'm sure my teammates would have had more fun with someone who knew what they were doing.

Quick addition, credit where it's due, no one was rude to me. I didn't run into any problems on that front. I feel it's important to say that because PvP players tend to get lumped into the "toxic" category and even though it isn't my jam, I don't think it's fair to generalize them.

Edited by DuchessKristania

I can't even imagine what is the thought process behind claiming that more options means less variety because it makes absolutely no sense

Well, I'm happy to explain it for you. More options can mean less variety. Let's say you really like killing easy trash mobs. Let's also say you hate FPs, Ops, GSF, WZs, crafting, Space Pve, ranked pvp or difficult solo content. You want to see -more- stuff that suits you. In practice, you are then asking for even more facerollable "kill 50 mobs" or " do heroic mission where you need to kill 20 mobs"-type of stuff to appear on a list that is already cluttered with these things -> Therefore, you'd be asking for less variety.

"Kill 50 mobs on Alderaan", "Kill 50 mobs on DK" " Kill 50 bugs on Balmorra" "Do mission requiring you to kill 50 mobs on Corellia" Majority of Season missions boils down to this stuff. In terms of gameplay, these examples in no way differ from one another. There is no variety between these four examples.

As it stands, there's like 30 Season missions that amounts to " go to some planet released 9 years back and kill 50 mobs there" Maybe 10-12 missions that are something, anything besides this. If you want more "options" suitable for somebody who hates everything except simple solo content, then you are asking for that 30:12 ratio to turn even more skewed. Ergo, less variety.

Edited by Stradlin

It's nice that these objectives are not intended for us to group up with friends to complete. :rolleyes:

They clearly wanted to scatter people around the world. If group of friends can share and do the same mission, then group of strangers can do that too. If you were able to do mission with your frriends, it'd be because everybody would always get the same missions every day. Or alternatively, you'd have to be able to share your mission to people in your group. If you were able to have people " overwrite" their boring mission with your easy and fast bug kill mission, then there'd be a huge endless market for the optimal missions in fleet and guild chats. Folks would hunt for juicy overlapping "kill bugs on alderaan+kill mobs on Alderaan" type of stuff and just ignore everything else.

I guess they wanted to put some life to places evenly, instead of putting entire community to Balmorra's bug town on Tuesday.

Edited by Stradlin

I agree...not only with more options but please DEVs put some work onto it. Rolling conquest missions and call it "Galactic season" is so lazy.

I'm not a super duper player and casual at best. Some of these so called dailies take longer than the Heroics. Please balance what is a daily and a weekly. A player should not take more than 15-20mins at most to complete a "daily". Redo the whole mission for dailies and balance accordingly please.

Someone mentioned in past blogs "Play the way you want it" Actually with these new reward programs one is "forced" to do OPS, PVP or highly toxic group requirements. WHY? please broaden the choices or invest some work on this.

Why not just open to regular flashpoints and WB instead or something similar. This needs more planning rather than just throw it to the playerbase to test it.

They clearly wanted to scatter people around the world. If group of friends can share and do the same mission, then group of strangers can do that too. If you were able to do mission with your frriends, it'd be because everybody would always get the same missions every day. Or alternatively, you'd have to be able to share your mission to people in your group. If you were able to have people " overwrite" their boring mission with your easy and fast bug kill mission, then there'd be a huge endless market for the optimal missions in fleet and guild chats. Folks would hunt for juicy overlapping "kill bugs on alderaan+kill mobs on Alderaan" type of stuff and just ignore everything else.

I guess they wanted to put some life to places evenly, instead of putting entire community to Balmorra's bug town on Tuesday.

iirc you are quite active in GSF. It shows in your obnoxious belief that group play is superior to solo play. It ought to make no damn difference to YOU if someone prefers to bug hunt on Balmorra. If you force those people to do GSF, the majority either won't do it, or do it badly, and what good is that?

Also this snobby idea that you have that your kind of play is better than theirs...get off your high horse! you're not reading Finnegan's Wake or solving quadratic equations, you're playing a videogame, just like the rest of us, pal. GSF or pvp is not inherently better or smarter than solo play, you just like it more. Which is fine. And they like killing mobs. Which is also fine. You aren't better than them and they aren't better than you, it's different strokes.

A great deal of toxicity on this forum would be eliminated if everyone stopped comparing their gameplay to everyone else's. Subs, stop comparing your experience to F2P, pvpers, stop comparing your experience to PVEers, and vice versa. God knows the devs make it difficult enough to play the game the way WE want, it doesn't help when other players perpetuate that garbage mentality.

Someone else had a really good idea about opening up all the options. If they really want to lock us into 2 dailies and 2 weeklies turn progression on the PO's off until the daily/weekly reset after 2 are completed.

I also like the idea of having the progress fill based on the difficulty/time investment of content you do. Some spitball ideas:

1 Op fills your weekly allotment of meter

1-2-3 Master, Vet, SM flashpoint fills a weekly allotment

2-3 Ranked, Unranked PvP matches fills a weekly allotment

Kill 200 non-player enemies, fills a daily allotment

3 Group Missions, fills a daily allotment

1 weekly quest, fills a weekly allotment

5 dailies, fills a daily allotment

etc.

I think this would create a nice blend of encouraging players to try new things, especially if you made the objectives mix/matchable. Like someone who did 3 dailies and during the process killed 100 NPCs in that time has both their daily allotments filled. Someone who played 2 SM and 1 Ranked PvP match gets a filled weekly allotment. The little bubbles on the Galactic Seasons page could indicated progress toward a daily or weekly check box as a filling pie chart, if they really want to use the CQ window for GS objectives then the GS objectives could reflect their contribution values there and then indicate that they are repeatable to a weekly or daily limit. The net gain of a change like this, I think, shows people that the content they enjoy rewards them with credit, but they can also explore other game-modes at their leisure and be rewarded for trying a new thing.

Someone else had a really good idea about opening up all the options. If they really want to lock us into 2 dailies and 2 weeklies turn progression on the PO's off until the daily/weekly reset after 2 are completed.

I also like the idea of having the progress fill based on the difficulty/time investment of content you do. Some spitball ideas:

1 Op fills your weekly allotment of meter

1-2-3 Master, Vet, SM flashpoint fills a weekly allotment

2-3 Ranked, Unranked PvP matches fills a weekly allotment

Kill 200 non-player enemies, fills a daily allotment

3 Group Missions, fills a daily allotment

1 weekly quest, fills a weekly allotment

5 dailies, fills a daily allotment

etc.

I think this would create a nice blend of encouraging players to try new things, especially if you made the objectives mix/matchable. Like someone who did 3 dailies and during the process killed 100 NPCs in that time has both their daily allotments filled. Someone who played 2 SM and 1 Ranked PvP match gets a filled weekly allotment. The little bubbles on the Galactic Seasons page could indicated progress toward a daily or weekly check box as a filling pie chart, if they really want to use the CQ window for GS objectives then the GS objectives could reflect their contribution values there and then indicate that they are repeatable to a weekly or daily limit. The net gain of a change like this, I think, shows people that the content they enjoy rewards them with credit, but they can also explore other game-modes at their leisure and be rewarded for trying a new thing.

That still leaves zero weekly solo tasks.

And zero daily group/pvp tasks.

The idea is to have -all- play styles available as both weekly and daily tasks, then let people choose if they want to do a daily and weekly PVP, Group or Solo.

And just for the record 3 x Unranked for the weekly task took me less time then kill 75 colicoids for the daily task did. So time and effort for the solo daily was actually more then time and effort for the weekly pvp task.

That still leaves zero weekly solo tasks.

And zero daily group/pvp tasks.

The idea is to have -all- play styles available as both weekly and daily tasks, then let people choose if they want to do a daily and weekly PVP, Group or Solo.

And just for the record 3 x Unranked for the weekly task took me less time then kill 75 colicoids for the daily task did. So time and effort for the solo daily was actually more then time and effort for the weekly pvp task.

Well yeah... obviously that's not all of them... they were ideas to deliver the gist of the point, hence the "etc." You could have varying degrees of effort tied to each magnitude of PO, lighter fare for dailies, heavier for weeklies, so if you really wanted to kill 500 bugs on Alderaan for the weekly credit you could.

Well, I'm happy to explain it for you. More options can mean less variety. Let's say you really like killing easy trash mobs. Let's also say you hate FPs, Ops, GSF, WZs, crafting, Space Pve, ranked pvp or difficult solo content. You want to see -more- stuff that suits you. In practice, you are then asking for even more facerollable "kill 50 mobs" or " do heroic mission where you need to kill 20 mobs"-type of stuff to appear on a list that is already cluttered with these things -> Therefore, you'd be asking for less variety.

"Kill 50 mobs on Alderaan", "Kill 50 mobs on DK" " Kill 50 bugs on Balmorra" "Do mission requiring you to kill 50 mobs on Corellia" Majority of Season missions boils down to this stuff. In terms of gameplay, these examples in no way differ from one another. There is no variety between these four examples.

As it stands, there's like 60 Season missions that amounts to " go to some planet released 9 years back and kill 50 mobs there" Maybe 10-12 missions that are something, anything besides this. If you want more "options" suitable for somebody who hates everything except simple solo content, then you are asking for that 60:12 ratio to turn even more skewed. Ergo, less variety.

You are still not making sense. I know it's the post-truth era, but you need to find someone more gullible to swallow that amount of poo as The Ultimate Truth.

And on top of that, you are still trying to tell what other people in the games should want. I already said but in case you missed what I said: as long as you don't pay our subs, you don't get to tell us what and how we should play. Just because you don't like certain content, doesn't give you the right to say no-one should be playing it, or no-one should be able to choose it or get rewarded for playing it. It's not your call, and it doesn't make the people who play content you don't care about any lesser, no matter how much you want it.

You are still not making sense. I know it's the post-truth era, but you need to find someone more gullible to swallow that amount of poo as The Ultimate Truth.

And on top of that, you are still trying to tell what other people in the games should want. I already said but in case you missed what I said: as long as you don't pay our subs, you don't get to tell us what and how we should play. Just because you don't like certain content, doesn't give you the right to say no-one should be playing it, or no-one should be able to choose it or get rewarded for playing it. It's not your call, and it doesn't make the people who play content you don't care about any lesser, no matter how much you want it.

If you still don't get the point from that, then ig it best if you and I just call it a day. Read the post 96 as some last ditch effort maybe?

Most of the post I'm quoting is busy strawmanning about stuff I've never said. You have my full seal of approval and blessing to spend 24/7 killing bugs on Balmorra if that is what you like doing. More power to you. Do you think this should yield you optimal rewards from a system that clearly tries to encourage people to be more active on multiple different venues of the game? Let's say I completely refuse to do anytying else besides ranked pvp 24/7. Ever. Despite my complete refusal to venture out of my chosen fav content, do you think I should get rewards at some optimal maximum rate in a system like this?

Edited by Stradlin

If you still don't get the point from that, then ig it best if you and I just call it a day. Read the post 96 as some last ditch effort maybe?

Most of the post I'm quoting is busy strawmanning about stuff I've never said. You have my full seal of approval and blessing to spend 24/7 killing bugs on Balmorra if that is what you like doing. More power to you. Do you think this should yield you optimal rewards from a system that clearly tries to encourage people to be more active on multiple different venues of the game? Let's say I completely refuse to do anytying else besides ranked pvp 24/7. Ever. Despite my complete refusal to venture out of my chosen fav content, do you think I should get rewards at some optimal maximum rate in a system like this?

According to YOU, last year, all you do is GSF, nothing else, that's how you get your CQ points, and fun. This is according to what YOU wrote multiple times while trying to kill off other people CQ fun, and objectives. Your whole point last year was that you should get "get rewards at some optimal maximum rate in a system like this"

So why should this be any different?

^^

Its great you keep on with this bad faith ad hominem stuff and lies year after another, thread after another.

Your whole point last year was that you should get "get rewards at some optimal maximum rate in a system like this"

So why should this be any different?

You are asking why a different mechanic, different feature and different reward system should be..different? Cause it is something different, maybe?

It is wise to compare this to conquest though. Just that you reside at wrong part of the time line. Few years back, if you wanted conquest at optimal rate of any kind, you were basically a mercenary touring different parts of the game and different playstyles. If you wanted to reach conq target of a character in one evening, you most def needed to tackle pretty wide supplement of very different challenges. You wanted to pay attention which conq week it was. All in all, it was pretty nice.

Then, they changed Conquest over couple of huge patches: singular playstyle (killing mobs and doing planetary missions) began rewarding you with absolutely massive amount of points every day, every week. At that point it became valid and important to ask for all other playstyles be included to that just as well. To lesser degree, objective-based conquest began getting trivialized and withering back when XP=Conq became a thing anyway.

Seasons and their mission list is quite similar to what Conquest used to be before xp=cq became a thing. This is basically the old, objective based conquest without competitive aspects and with random elements to objectives available. It wants to encourage players to tackle wider supplement of the game than they otherwise would. I been killing those bugs for two days like a champ you know! I sith you not, I have gotten " kill crap at Balmorra" for 3 days in a row now.

If history repeats itself, this is what happens with Galactic Seasons:

People QQ, They want all the rewards all the time at optimal rate from doing their specific narrow favorite thing and nothing else. -> Devs go " oh gee, okay" and give in. They make it so you start getting Galactic Season Points and tokens from literally everything you do. Or maybe thery give people full freedom to choose missions that they do to earn the points->System becomes more trivial, and has most people doing fastest and most efficient stuff to earn their points. -> Few months go by, and devs realize people are boring themselves to death by doing nothing besides killing bugs on Balmorra. ->Devs go " hmm, let's build another reward mechanic that somehow incentives folks to tackle bit deeper cut of this huge MMO we devving!" -> New System gets launched. It encourages people to do wider supplement of different things. ->People QQ, They want all the rewards all the time at optimal rate from doing their specific narrow favorite thing and nothing else...->And so the cycle goes.

Edited by Stradlin

^^

Its great you keep on with this bad faith ad hominem stuff and lies year after another, thread after another.

You are asking why a different mechanic, different feature and different reward system should be..different? Cause it is something different, maybe?

It is wise to compare this to conquest though. Just that you reside at wrong part of the time line. Few years back, if you wanted conquest at optimal rate of any kind, you were basically a mercenary touring different parts of the game and different playstyles. If you wanted to reach conq target of a character in one evening, you most def needed to tackle pretty wide supplement of very different challenges. You wanted to pay attention which conq week it was. All in all, it was pretty nice.

Then, they changed Conquest over couple of huge patches: singular playstyle (killing mobs and doing planetary missions) began rewarding you with absolutely massive amount of points every day, every week. At that point it became valid and important to ask for all other playstyles be included to that just as well. To lesser degree, objective-based conquest began getting trivialized and withering back when XP=Conq became a thing anyway.

Seasons and their mission list is quite similar to what Conquest used to be before xp=cq became a thing. This is basically the old, objective based conquest without competitive aspects and with random elements to objectives available. It wants to encourage players to tackle wider supplement of the game than they otherwise would. I been killing those bugs for two days like a champ you know!

If history repeats itself, this is what happens with Galactic Seasons:

People QQ, They want all the rewards all the time at optimal rate from doing their specific narrow favorite thing and nothing else. -> Devs go " oh gee, okay" and give in. They make it so you start getting Galactic Season Points and tokens from literally everything you do. Or maybe thery give people full freedom to choose missions that they do to earn the points->System becomes more trivial, and has most people doing fastest and most efficient stuff to earn their points. -> Few months go by, and devs realize people are boring themselves to death by doing nothing besides killing bugs on Balmorra. ->Devs go " hmm, let's build another reward mechanic that somehow incentives folks to tackle bit deeper cut of this huge MMO we devving!" -> New System gets launched. It encourages people to do wider supplement of different things. ->People QQ, They want all the rewards all the time at optimal rate from doing their specific narrow favorite thing and nothing else...->And so the cycle goes.

They could double or tripple the number of bug kills/heroics/chapters/solo flashpoints and I'd still rarher do that, then spend 5 mins in a PUG or GSF.

Edited by Suzsi