Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

Yeah grouping up with friends in an online game, who would want that?

I'm so annoyed by this kind of attitude. There are so many good reasons why players don't group up.

I mainly play in the early mornings, because I'm out for work all day and evening and I have other adult-life obligations.

Try getting a group for something at 8 am. No guildies online. Empty fleets.

And even if you get a group: The bigger the group, the longer it takes to start. Every single time I join an OPs group for example, it takes a good hour before we actually start. And after a wipe, it takes some 20 minutes and more before we try again. And then I have to go, because I can't be late for work.

I don't have that much free time available that I can waste it like that.

That's why I play almost exclusively solo stuff these days. It's fast, and I don't need to wait.

I wished I would have time to play 6 hours per day or whatever amount other players like you have available. But I don't. Don't condescend me for that.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think operations should be in the group because that requires 8 or more people and if you’ve never don’t them before (like my wife) and go to pug them, people kick you from the group.

Is there a way we can at least have some more choice for the weekly. It’s not really a fair system if others can prevent you from doing it because they don’t like your gear or don’t think you are good enough or you are learning.

Also, any group queue activities require enough other people in the queue for it. Currently been sitting here for 15 mins waiting for star fighter to pop. Sadly, playing in Australia will always mean we have less people on at the same time as us.

I used to have this issue with unranked PVP - No Queue pops so I stopped even trying a long time ago. (I'm also aussie) I play a couple of hours at night usually and that play times usually interrupted by family, dogs, general life. I actually used to like unranked when I could do it, lag also played a part in stopping it, but finding queues in my exact playtime was impossible. None of my toons are spec for pvp anymore, let alone geared for it.

The whole systems pretty unfair.

Edited by Suzsi

you only get one, and it's free. At least it's the only one I've seen. And it resets both dailies, or weeklies, you don't even get to choose one. Totally stupid.

In other words, do the ones you like or can do before you reroll it or you might end up with others you hate

In other words, do the ones you like or can do before you reroll it or you might end up with others you hate

Resetting is very buggy atm

Resetting my 2nd daily made it show up as completed - when its not. I think because I did a couple of Balmorra Heroics to get the bug kills, even though its showing as Alderaan Herics complete. With no rewards for it. Miss out on half of my daily points because of it.

Resetting is very buggy atm

Resetting my 2nd daily made it show up as completed - when its not. I think because I did a couple of Balmorra Heroics to get the bug kills, even though its showing as Alderaan Herics complete. With no rewards for it. Miss out on half of my daily points because of it.

I’m going to wait till Sunday to reset the Operation weekly we both got. We also got the GSF weekly done eventually. But it took a long time and my wife hated it so much we ended up having a massive argument because I “forced her to do it”.

She won’t ever set foot in GSF again or Operations. So there are two weeklies straight away she won’t/can’t do. I’m even going to suggest she not bother with this new system, it’s not worth the drama or stress for her or me.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm all for more solo tasks. After all, all new story is solo, right? Meridian, Darth Malgus, KOTET, KOTFE and so on.

Not to mention that I don't have any friends and I am not going to make any, thanks. I'm too old for this ****.

I’m going to wait till Sunday to reset the Operation weekly we both got. We also got the GSF weekly done eventually. But it took a long time and my wife hated it so much we ended up having a massive argument because I “forced her to do it”.

She won’t ever set foot in GSF again or Operations. So there are two weeklies straight away she won’t/can’t do. I’m even going to suggest she not bother with this new system, it’s not worth the drama or stress for her or me.

I did some Math. You can actually get all of the levels without doing the weeklies.

You can get 900 points all up (subbed) over 5 months just doing the 2 dailies each day, not even counting the extra rewards you get per week for logging in for 4 days.

Provided they fix the bugs asap it should be doable with some relaxing room if there is a weekly now and then she doesn't mind doing.

Edited by Suzsi

So much for "play your way." :confused: I truly don't understand why the objectives are so limited. I did try things on PTS but didn't have time to test much in the first version (plus the interface was confusing), and the second version my update process bugged out. I wish I'd been able to give more feedback 'cos this isn't what I wanted at all. More solo objectives please. That can be done at least as quickly as the group ones. Edited by Estelindis

So much for "play your way." :confused: I truly don't understand why the objectives are so limited. I did try things on PTS but didn't have time to test much in the first version (plus the interface was confusing), and the second version my update process bugged out. I wish I'd been able to give more feedback 'cos this isn't what I wanted at all. More solo objectives please. That can be done at least as quickly as the group ones.

yes, please.

Not good for the people that do like it either, I feel sorry for the PvP and Starfighter teams I joined. I'm not geared for them and I didn't really care if we won.

I missed this yesterday (sorry about that) but exactly this! Making people play content they have no interest in does not make for happy players on either side of that problem.

I've played enough mmos to know that I want to crawl up the wall backwards if someone demands I get better gear, or 'work harder' at playing a damn game I pay for the privilege to play. I have practiced and worked hard at things IRL and it *really* irritates me when perfect strangers demand standards of me in something I'm supposed to enjoy for myself. I'm really trying not to swear here. They can Go Away Quickly.

An MMO is supposed to be a world we all share and inhabit. In the real world, people live their lives in very different ways, an MMO world should be no different, and that's why most of them have a variety of things for people to do, because we don't all like everything and presumably developers know this.

But forcing players into content they don't like, either to make up numbers or to help with a short fall of content (and look, I know MMOs are hugly expensive and time consuming to make, so I'm not criticising about content droughts, I think they must be an incredibly difficult thing to tackle), whatever the reason, it p**ses people off. I for one don't like being 'handled' in this way.

But look, Galactic Seasons is a day old, so while I was asking for more options, it is early days and it could well be that system is ultimately fine, and we all have enough fun things to do for the vast majority of the time. And I didn't know about the re-rolling when I started the thread. I hope so because I like the idea of it over all. :)

Edit: I also meant to say that sadly for us refusniks about group/pvp content, the...shall we say 'encouragement'...to play this stuff comes from data somewhere. Bioware must have metric eff-tonnes of information about what makes us all tick, and I suspect nudging must work to a certain extent because lots of MMOs are doing it. Doesn't mean I don't hate it.

Edited by Jazulfi

Quick update - I got Coreworlds Heroics and Alderaan Insectioids today without having to re-roll so hooray! :)

I got core world Heroics and Core World and Core World kills without a reroll, should be fun to do after some sleep.

I also did the weekly unranked, queues popped fast but my lag was about what I expected - unplayable for the most part. All because they took away our servers and put them where aussies get the worst ping. Feel sorry for the PVPers who had to put up with my laggy self in their groups.

This new seasons , and the renown or previously galactic command systems are almost carbon copies of Massive Entertainments The Division 2 game , such as cache/lootbox per lvl (at max) which they have done since the first game , and now the season in TD2 which has the manhunt always active ( their version of bounty hunts) and rotating themed events with a unique global event which adds fun and unique game mutators ( like shots to the head with a pistol cause massive aoe damage to other enemies).

So with TD2 theirs has an objectives list when a weekly event is active and is mostly tried to the theme , so for example with their Golden Bullet event , which is amazing fun btw, you get a day 1 list of objectives for example

kill 100 enemies whilst you have the golden bullet active ( you get by killing an enemy with the buff)

Kill 100 enemies before they activate golden bullet ( you see them cast a buff)

kill 50 (name of faction) with a grenade kill

Day 2 the list will be different targets or objectives but nothing that includes a game mode like pvp , or raids yet tied to a kill type

So in this new season for SWTOR you could say have week 1 being a day of killing black sun and heroics tied to coruscant for reps and possessed npcs plus heroics in dromund kass for imps

day 2 something tattooine related so on n so forth , then say when your next event is active like we currently have rak on the go , you could have made objectives tied to that inc the flashpoint , plus heroics for the effect planet etc

And when you had done your objectives you could still level up your season level alongside your renown rank , or regular leveling if under 75

Its seems obvious you decided to fiercely limit the season level gains , only this time to add the option to speed it up with cartel coins directly rather than boosters but you could have done it better. Its clear you dont wish to and EAs desire to put systems like they have in Fifa games in which you are faced with the option to pay your way , but regular play , the free option , is designed to be painfully slow, which is obviously made this way to wear peoples patience down in your hope we give in and cartel coin our way through and easily persuade impatient and addictive types.

Its quite predatory

As for Galactic Season:

(1) remove the reroll and the random objectives system. So that people can focus on the content that they want to play. (2) Add more objectives like hitting personal conquest and Guild conquest targets, completing Chapters, Heroics, Completing weeklies Like Warzones (ranked and unranked) Uprisings (all modes) Flashpoints (all modes) Operations (all modes) World Bosses (all modes) for event weeks include completing various content etc

(3) Have the Galactic Seasons objectives on a separate Tab. As it is too confusing and messy with them all being on the conquest objectives tab.

(4) on the Subscribers section they really should be getting item for each day. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts

(5) for preferred and free-to-play section have and items ever few days like 2-3 days break between items. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts.

you only get one, and it's free. At least it's the only one I've seen. And it resets both dailies, or weeklies, you don't even get to choose one. Totally stupid.

Thanks, good to know.

As for Galactic Season:

(5) for preferred and free-to-play section have and items ever few days like 2-3 days break between items. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts.

Yeah. I'm not surprised BW isn't offering CCs rewards to prefs and f2p - even though it would make sense and encourage them to buy more CCs - but it is annoying to see them continually make the wrong decision. Beyond the SH and maybe the companion, there's nothing in Seasons that I particularly want as a pref player.

Edited by Ardrossan

As for Galactic Season:

(1) remove the reroll and the random objectives system. So that people can focus on the content that they want to play. (2) Add more objectives like hitting personal conquest and Guild conquest targets, completing Chapters, Heroics, Completing weeklies Like Warzones (ranked and unranked) Uprisings (all modes) Flashpoints (all modes) Operations (all modes) World Bosses (all modes) for event weeks include completing various content etc

(3) Have the Galactic Seasons objectives on a separate Tab. As it is too confusing and messy with them all being on the conquest objectives tab.

(4) on the Subscribers section they really should be getting item for each day. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts

IMO you win the post of the day !! Made me to stop and think more clearly about.. ACTUAL SOLUTIONS !!

[/two thumbs up]

Edited by OlBuzzard

I did some Math. You can actually get all of the levels without doing the weeklies.

You can get 900 points all up (subbed) over 5 months just doing the 2 dailies each day, not even counting the extra rewards you get per week for logging in for 4 days.

Provided they fix the bugs asap it should be doable with some relaxing room if there is a weekly now and then she doesn't mind doing.

That doesn’t give you much of a buffer if you don’t want to login every day or you have other things to do like life.

You can reroll? O.o

Edit: OMG you can reroll!! Thank you thank you thank you - I would never have noticed that teeny tiny reroll symbol if you hadn't mentioned it!! *massive gamer hugs*

I'm going to have to look for this when I get home and can log in.

I was not happy with the choices that popped up on various servers for my account