Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

They could double or tripple the number of bug kills/heroics/chapters/solo flashpoints and I'd still rarher do that, then spend 5 mins in a PUG or GSF.

Good thing no great harm falls upon you if you never do pugs or gsf or anything else besides the easiest solo content game has to offer. Do you think something is wrong with the system for as long as you don't get maximum rewards at optimal rate if you refuse to ever touch anything except easy solo content?

As it stands, there's like 35 objectives tailor made for you and 10 that aren't. How unhappy are you with this ratio? Should there be 10 x simple soloable missions for every 1 mission that is something, anything else? 100:1? 10000:1?

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there - yet another update (sorry)

So small confession - despite my terror and revulsion, I dipped my toe into some PvP and some GSF, and this is my 'report', as it were. ;)

PvP - I did the Weekly PO (3 unranked matches) and I had a daily today. I apologised to everyone upfront for my noobery, and was treated with politeness, if not encouragement, and each time someone kindly explained to me what the hell I was supposed to be doing. After that, it was all pretty (and mercifully) unchatty. I did what I thought I was supposed to, I was killed A LOT, but it was all over quickly, and I racked up some valour points and some rewards too. I will do these again up till the point people start losing patience with the noobs.

GSF - I did the Weekly PO (4 matches). Deary Oh Lordy Me, what a mess!!! I didn't know how to get to the tutorial so I spent my first match spinning around and around until I understood the movement mechanics. I had a load of Fleet Req, but had NO idea what to spend it all on. Found the tutorial and got more - still no idea. The whole thing is so bewilderingly complicated and while people were zooming past me, barrel-rolling all-guns-blazing, I was puttering along dying all over the place, in total confusion about what the hell I was supposed to do with my abilities, objectives etc. How the hell do you fire your secondary weap? Matches were therefore longer than I liked, but I didn't want to leave. Very unlikely I will do these again, but suggest a much better introduction to them in the game - the tutorial is pitiful.

So there you go BW - you've made me do PvP. I didn't like it, and I'm not going to like it, but I'll do it for the points. I'm not going to get better at it, and I'm not going to buy the gear or change specs etc. At risk of sounding grumpy, why would I invest my time and thought into these things if I don't like them? But I'll do them. Apologies to my team mates of the future.

o/

Hi there - yet another update (sorry)

So small confession - despite my terror and revulsion, I dipped my toe into some PvP and some GSF, and this is my 'report', as it were. ;)

GSF - I did the Weekly PO (4 matches). Deary Oh Lordy Me, what a mess!!! I didn't know how to get to the tutorial so I spent my first match spinning around and around until I understood the movement mechanics. I had a load of Fleet Req, but had NO idea what to spend it all on. Found the tutorial and got more - still no idea. The whole thing is so bewilderingly complicated and while people were zooming past me, barrel-rolling all-guns-blazing, I was puttering along dying all over the place, in total confusion about what the hell I was supposed to do with my abilities, objectives etc. How the hell do you fire your secondary weap? Matches were therefore longer than I liked, but I didn't want to leave. Very unlikely I will do these again, but suggest a much better introduction to them in the game - the tutorial is pitiful.

So there you go BW - you've made me do PvP. I didn't like it, and I'm not going to like it, but I'll do it for the points. I'm not going to get better at it, and I'm not going to buy the gear or change specs etc. At risk of sounding grumpy, why would I invest my time and thought into these things if I don't like them? But I'll do them. Apologies to my team mates of the future.

o/

TLDR: I think some dev somewhere is fist pumping if they ever read your post: your experiences are prolly what they want to have this system to promote.

Unfortunately GSF indeed has a terrible tutorial. One truly needs to learn it in deep end of the pool. Its not as complicated as it looks, it is not rocket science...but you def. need something pointing you at right directions towards the beginning. Everybody who has ever done GSF has been terrible at it at 1st. If you ever find a way to have fun despite that, rest takes care of itself in time.

If you ever want a wingman, drop me a pm or something!

You fire secondary weapons via right mouse button. If you have missiles as secondary, press RMB down and keep aiming at enemy. Once lock is established(you hear a sound) release RMB. Enemy might break your log via line of sight, distance or couple of abilities though. Imo Rycer/Starguard is the best ship for learning the ropes in. It is basically bit like x-wing. Blackbolt/Novadive is fast and unforgiving and tricky to kill stuff in at first.

Be sure to pick " intro to galactic Starfighter" mission at fleet, pvp terminal. That's prolly how you got your fleet req? Spend it on ships! Buy every single ship you can. Rest of it is wise to spend on crew members. Don't use the huge wealth of fleet req. to components until you have all the ships and most of the crew.

Here is a guide to GSF made with absolute beginner pilot in mind. It was originally written for a community that loves starfighters but doesn't know anything at all about TOR..so there might be some odd..underlinings here and there. Link section of it is excellent at least. ...I'll just copypaste said link section here actually.

Despon's 101 series! Essential watching. Much better at showing ropes than any written guide

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWTo5N9w5J_9OeqCvKfWMbQ

Jinnora's ambitious attempt at an actual GSF manual!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QG7BheF_3X1TNMTzhjY83gJ2aClksEHNtu4XjA0Wyd4/edit

Vulkk has a very good GSF info page. In depth and up to date.

https://vulkk.com/2018/02/01/swtor-galactic-starfighter-guide-beginners/

GSF UI

https://i.imgur.com/kNuCYNW.jpg

Swtorista has an excellent beginners guide available too. In general, she is no stranger to GSF and you find a decent amount of GSF-themed content on her excellent&vast homesite

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-galactic-starfighter-guide/

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-galactic-starfighter-beginners-guide/

https://swtorista.com/articles/

Edited by Stradlin

^^

If history repeats itself, this is what happens with Galactic Seasons:

People QQ, They want all the rewards all the time at optimal rate from doing their specific narrow favorite thing and nothing else. -> Devs go " oh gee, okay" and give in. They make it so you start getting Galactic Season Points and tokens from literally everything you do. Or maybe thery give people full freedom to choose missions that they do to earn the points->System becomes more trivial, and has most people doing fastest and most efficient stuff to earn their points. -> Few months go by, and devs realize people are boring themselves to death by doing nothing besides killing bugs on Balmorra. ->Devs go " hmm, let's build another reward mechanic that somehow incentives folks to tackle bit deeper cut of this huge MMO we devving!" -> New System gets launched. It encourages people to do wider supplement of different things. ->People QQ, They want all the rewards all the time at optimal rate from doing their specific narrow favorite thing and nothing else...->And so the cycle goes.

As complete guess work and nothing more, it seems to me that GS is about three things - encouraging people to log in every day, getting people to dip their toe in new parts of the game and getting people to spend money, either by subscribing or fast-tracking their season. And to do these things, you probably need people to be enjoying what they're doing, and not feeling short-changed in the bits of the game they like.

In my experience, all MMOs, once the content of each game and subsequent expansion is gobbled up by their players (and even during that content) they are, top to bottom, made of grind. Now, different people like different sorts of repetitive game-play, but to try and imbue one sort with more lofty importance than another is daft. And in that spirit, I for one would like all aspects of the game to get the attention it requires to keep people playing the game.

No one is taking away your favourite bit of the game. You are still getting rewarded for your efforts. And just to clarify once again, *I* didn't want *just* more Heroics, I wanted more things to do than that - partly because I misunderstood how the system was going to work.

If you want SWTOR to thrive and survive, it's good to get behind the idea that all players enjoy the game, because that's how the game makes it's money. If us lowly mortals are spuddling about in the solo-casual mud, why do you care if we are asking for varieties of mud? Stupid us, we're paying for it and gladly so it seems. Meanwhile, you can play your bit of the game, feeling great about how much better you are at SWTOR-ing than us. Unless you want something better for your bit of the game, in which case, say so, and I'll gladly support it, as long as it doesn't impinge on everyone else enjoying their bit of the game.

Edited by Jazulfi

/snip.

Didn't ask anything, I really don't care how people play, you're the one fixated on that, just quoting back to you the hypocrisy of what you said last year and this year. Deal with it whatever way you want it. Unlike you, I don't try to limit other peoples play, i encourage all sorts, nor do I try to ruin other peoples rewards, that's all on you.

PvP - I did the Weekly PO (3 unranked matches) and I had a daily today. I apologised to everyone upfront for my noobery, and was treated with politeness, if not encouragement, and each time someone kindly explained to me what the hell I was supposed to be doing. After that, it was all pretty (and mercifully) unchatty. I did what I thought I was supposed to, I was killed A LOT, but it was all over quickly, and I racked up some valour points and some rewards too. I will do these again up till the point people start losing patience with the noobs.

o/

I'm in the same boat myself, don't like either of them, would prefer other options, but will do them because that is the choice, do them, or don't get the reward. No biggie, I can do them, the issue, how many of us, who are now doing that, don't want to be there, and how much of a hinderance to our teams are we. I know there are some people cheering, as it means more bodies for them to rack, and that's all they care about, not the mode, not the quality, just their little group that ques together, and kills everything, whether DM or not.

If you still don't get the point from that, then ig it best if you and I just call it a day. Read the post 96 as some last ditch effort maybe?

Most of the post I'm quoting is busy strawmanning about stuff I've never said. You have my full seal of approval and blessing to spend 24/7 killing bugs on Balmorra if that is what you like doing. More power to you. Do you think this should yield you optimal rewards from a system that clearly tries to encourage people to be more active on multiple different venues of the game? Let's say I completely refuse to do anytying else besides ranked pvp 24/7. Ever. Despite my complete refusal to venture out of my chosen fav content, do you think I should get rewards at some optimal maximum rate in a system like this?

If you think you are entitled to better rewards than the rest of the playerbase, just because you believe GSF is some superior game mode, you are severely deluded. Doesn't take a genius to take a pop of GSF and fly around doing nothing. At the moment it's the only game mode you don't actually have to do ANYTHING to get tons of conquest points (and now GS points). In all other game modes people will actually have to do something to get their rewards. Only GSF is a "faceroll" game mode, and I find it a bit amusing that you think otherwise while looking down at people who prefer actual content. :rolleyes:

Edited by DeannaVoyager

If you think you are entitled to better rewards than the rest of the playerbase, just because you believe GSF is some superior game mode, you are severely deluded. Doesn't take a genius to take a pop of GSF and fly around doing nothing. At the moment it's the only game mode you don't actually have to do ANYTHING to get tons of conquest points (and now GS points). In all other game modes people will actually have to do something to get their rewards. Only GSF is a "faceroll" game mode, and I find it a bit amusing that you think otherwise while looking down at people who prefer actual content. :rolleyes:

that pretty much sums it up, it's how it came across .

Short conclusion: I don't dislike it. But I'll miss quite a few points even if I want to do it.

The solo missions are simple enough.

I hate pvp. Tried Warzone. Had no idea what's going on. No one spoke a word either. My team won, but I don't like the atmosphere. Would probably do it in the future if I am bored. At least it doesn't require a win so that's that.

OP: Because of my time zone, no one in my guild is awake. Queued GF, got nothing after 5min waiting because everyone was doing TC. Probably won't try it in the future.

Galactic fighter thing: I get motion sickness too easy. Simply can't play this.

I don't mind this system. I can fill the daily, gain conquest points too, than move on easily. Kind of wish there are more Weekly options that's not group contents, but it's not too bad.

Didn't ask anything, I really don't care how people play, you're the one fixated on that, just quoting back to you the hypocrisy of what you said last year and this year. Deal with it whatever way you want it. Unlike you, I don't try to limit other peoples play, i encourage all sorts, nor do I try to ruin other peoples rewards, that's all on you.

I have learned to ignore that poster as he is only interested in everyone playing what he wants. I learned that from a lot of his posts so it is not worth the hassle responding to him.

As complete guess work and nothing more, it seems to me that GS is about three things - encouraging people to log in every day, getting people to dip their toe in new parts of the game and getting people to spend money, either by subscribing or fast-tracking their season. And to do these things, you probably need people to be enjoying what they're doing, and not feeling short-changed in the bits of the game they like.

Just about. Though I'd def add a 4th point - They want to spread people around some more at any given day. Some sort of an MMO default, familiar sight in TOR too, has people clearing rotating daily missions. Typically, everybody gets the same mission. So community is a huge swarm of locusts busy killing mob X on planet Y on Tuesday, then all move on to new mission come next day. People are basically yoyoing between faction capital and daily mission zone of any given day in that scenario. It is a mechanic that is as if designed to make huge parts of huge games feel smaller and quieter than they are. That way, everything happens within couple of activity bubbles. I like it that BW devs seem driven to scatter folks around some.

I recon from pov of devs and players alike, activity of the community is a resource of sorts. Devs can try to direct and allocate and distribute it. Every day, you have some people trickling to WZs, GSF and across all planets. As opposed to directing everybody to Balmorra on Tuesday, to GSF on Wednesday and off to Alderaan on Thursday. As an example.

...Ofc, it comes with a high price. You won't share missions with friends or guildies like this. Maybe one could see it as immediate social circle of any given player taking a hit and making bit of a sacrifice on altar of the world itself.

Edited by Stradlin

The best suggestion I've seen so far would be to have a progress bar for both daily and weekly objectives and simply allocate progress towards completion based on the time and effort required to complete underlying activities (e.g. completing 10 heroics might move the bar 1 while winning a PVP match might move it by 2).

Players could then pick and choose the game play they enjoy to complete season objectives while being able to easily group up with friends.

And if they still wanted to promote certain gameplay to get players to give various activities a try, they could use the same DvL stuff where the bonus activity of the day provided a bonus to progress.

:rak_03:

Yeah no. I base my points off you repeatedly telling people on this thread that GSF is superior to other forms of gameplay AND that those who do solo missions should not receive the same rewards in GS that you do. That is the exact problem, and that is the toxicity. You are getting "venom" from people because they disagree with this obnoxious perspective.

If people want to get points for playing solo content, they should, just like you get points for playing group content. You in fact get more points for doing conquest than they do, and I'm fine with that because there is at least a group play dynamic to conquest. But you are not better or smarter than they are for how you play a videogame, and your incessant whine about ad hominems is because you are clearly not interested in acknowledging the point that it is not your business to demand that other players play what you want.

I also find this pretty ironic because my experience of GSF is that the veterans are chill and not pvp elitists the way veterans are in ranked. I imagine that if more GSFers posted on the forum, far from defending your opinion, they would wonder why you are insisting on making everyone who plays GSF look like jerks.

Edited by Ardrossan

GSF - ...I had a load of Fleet Req, but had NO idea what to spend it all on.o/

I recently dipped my toes into GSF. It has a very high barrier to entry, learning curve etc. Folks on the GSF forum were very helpful and nice; that is apparently standard practice among GSF players. Weird. :-)

See posts 24, 26, 29, 30, 33 of this thread for a very good, concise explanation of what to do with requisition etc. The 25K we get for the first mission are very, very high compared to any other requisition or commendation reward in the game. There is an optimal way to go about it and that is explained in that thread. Please note that the first post gives bad advice there but is quickly corrected and the poster acknowledges his/her mistake; so, don't follow that guy's advice.

If you can, join GSF Community Discord Server.

Edited by mike_carton

o/

I also just finished a GSF match because when I rerolled my Warzone objective surprise surprise I got a different form of PvP. I feel like I had a very similar experience to you. I can now safely say that for everything I hate about Warzones GSF is worse by an order of magnitude. I have decided that, from now on, I wont reroll Warzone PO's instead I'll reroll GSF because the experience was just that bad. By the end of the match I wanted to log out and not bother with the other PO that's how unfun it was.

Yeah no. I base my points off you repeatedly telling people on this thread that GSF is superior to other forms of gameplay AND that those who do solo missions should not receive the same rewards in GS that you do. That is the exact problem, and that is the toxicity. You are getting "venom" from people because they disagree with this obnoxious perspective.

It is like some people here pour every word in posts they disagree with through some massive bad faith filter. "I really like color blue!" gets turned into "Why did you say you hate all colors but blue??"

Yeah, GSF is my favorite playstyle and vastly superior to all other stuff in my books. You prolly have your own version of this. It is subjective. Nothing about this should be somehow strange or controversial. We like what we like? It is hillarious how this is painted as some great sin. NOWHERE have I said those who do exclusively solo content should get less points than somebody doing nothing but GSF for example.

Let's imagine three players..

A) Somebody who never does anything except GSF

B) Somebody who never does anything except planetary heroics

C) Somebody who throws themselves against whatever content this game has to offer

Is it somehow strange or unfair or broken if system like this gives player C the rewards at optimal tate while players A and B get rewarded at a less optimal rate?

Edited by Stradlin

It just boggles me how advocating for every type of game play getting equal opportunity is controversial. Why does it bother anyone that a person gets points for killing mobs, or by doing GSF, OPS, PvP? How does the way someone else wants to play hurt anyone? I have physical difficulties, I don't do group content with strangers because I respect other people's right to play and enjoy what they want to. I don't want to take that from them by being a hindrance to that activity. The group content is so stressful that it's not enjoyable to me, sometimes there's so much going on with the visual effects that it overwhelms my eyes and makes me feel physically ill. I don't ask for them to accommodate my participation in that activity.

The accommodation I DO ask for, is that I have the same opportunities to earn points doing what I enjoy and am physically able to do. That is solo content and vet/master fps with a group of friends who can be on voice chat and understand my limitations. That request has ZERO to do with GSF, OPS, or PvP. I don't want them to take options from that group, I want them to add options for EVERY play style. Why is this even a point of contention? Why is my wanting to enjoy the game less valid than those who are interested and capable of group content?

Some people play the solo content because it is what they are physically able to do with relative ease and thus derive more satisfaction and pleasure from it. Take one look at threads addressing inclusion for disabled players and you will see that the population is not as small as one might assume. It's about being inclusive to all types of players. The attitude that playing solo content is "a waste," is unbelievably discriminatory. I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume it's unintentional, but please bear in mind that there is a disabled population of gamers, probably larger than most people realize. To us, the "trash mobs", heroics, etc can be just as challenging as high level end game.

It just boggles me how advocating for every type of game play getting equal opportunity is controversial. Why does it bother anyone that a person gets points for killing mobs, or by doing GSF, OPS, PvP? How does the way someone else wants to play hurt anyone? I have physical difficulties, I don't do group content with strangers because I respect other people's right to play and enjoy what they want to. I don't want to take that from them by being a hindrance to that activity. The group content is so stressful that it's not enjoyable to me, sometimes there's so much going on with the visual effects that it overwhelms my eyes and makes me feel physically ill. I don't ask for them to accommodate my participation in that activity.

When it comes to sampling of community present on these forums, you have it wrong way around. Some forum champion questioned my sanity just a bit earlier, due to what I have to say about game mechanics. So stance you outline def isn't the controversial one here!

Basically, have you looked at GS from devs pov? Or..more impersonally, from pov of the game itself. Managing to convert some, say, two year TOR veteran into enjoying content they have never done before is a huge win for the game/devs. Like..think of somebody who has always hated PUGs and four man group content. Due to Seasons or conquest or whatever, they end up feeling they got forced into an FP. It feels terrible! ...Until it doesn't. They surprise themselves by really liking it. Holy sith, at this point it is as if 10 years worth of brand new, untouched content just rolls through the flood gates for this new convert to enjoy. . All this without devs of 2021 having to do anything. TOR isn't getting new content at great speed. So getting huge content patches in such..uh, post morterm way must feel very lucrative and a huge win for the devs. TOR has a massive wealth of content, huge part of it mostly unexplored by most people who are kinda set in their ways often.

Many years back, conquest used to be the juicy carrot pushing people to do stuff they otherwise wouldn't. That is largely not the thing anymore. I think big part of this system is to ensure such carrot is again there. They want to encourage folks to try things that people otherwise wouldn't. If one person in 10 ends up discovering and enjoying some activity or playstyle they previously haven't, that's basically like a new expansion to 10% of playerbase.

If what is outlined above is among major motivations behind GS, then it makes sense system gives rewards at optimal rate for somebody who doesn't mind exploring whatver the game, or GS, ends up throwing at them.

I think this system is mostly about giving every type of playstyle an opportunity to be discovered. As it stands, in current system, every type of gameplay most def does not have equal opportunity. There are 2 daily and 2 weekly slots and 45 POs to fill those slots with. Out of those 45, 35 are all about solo content. Somebody who enjoys doing soloable planetside stuff has 35 POs made for them. My fav activity has two. Yet, somehow, folks who got those 35 missions in pool seem to be the raging ones here. I truly dunno what's up with that.

Kinda OT but..Have you tried railshooter space pve btw? I bet there is a way to bind spacebar and keys 1-4 to your mouse somehow. If this can be done, you can fly railhooter one handed, for example. Easiest missions are very easy, and hardest ones rely on muscle memory. So while hard, they can kinda be..brute forced through sheer will! It can be pretty fun and rewarding. Plus first space mission of the day gives some decent conquest now. Easiest missions don't reallt require usage of spacebar or number keys 1-4 either.

Edited by Stradlin

It is like some people here pour every word in posts they disagree with through some massive bad faith filter. "I really like color blue!" gets turned into "Why did you say you hate all colors but blue??"

Yeah, GSF is my favorite playstyle and vastly superior to all other stuff in my books. You prolly have your own version of this. It is subjective. Nothing about this should be somehow strange or controversial. We like what we like? It is hillarious how this is painted as some great sin. NOWHERE have I said those who do exclusively solo content should get less points than somebody doing nothing but GSF for example.

Does it not count "in your books" if you say it right after "nowhere"?

Is it somehow strange or unfair or broken if system like this gives player C the rewards at optimal tate while players A and B get rewarded at a less optimal rate?

And yeah, trying to make a statement in a form of a question, doesn't make it a question. It's a statement. You keep repeating how superior your game mode is, while it is fact the only game mode you don't have to do anything to get the highest rewards. So why exactly are you still whining? You already got what you wanted, are you not satisfied until all other game modes have been completely deleted from the game or what?

Look, I get what you're saying, but it's incredibly frustrating to run into this again and again. There is a middle ground. Keep the number of objectives one has to hit, but offer a larger variety for people to choose from. Add story mode flps, a certain amount of heroics. One of the weekly objectives could simply be to hit one's personal conquest goal. There is room for everyone.

You tell me to look at it impersonally, but in all fairness, you've been pretty stringently advocating with an obvious bias for GSF. You like GSF, that's awesome and great. I'm glad they included that in this and in conquest objectives. I'm happy for you that you get to earn these rewards doing what you want to do. I mean that sincerely. Honestly, you could probably even convince me to to let ya show me the ropes on that. Seriously, I enjoy trying new things in the game. But my point is, I think you're coming at it from a fairly personal standpoint as well. You like GSF, you wanna play that and get the points. The difficulty you face is that you need other people to do it, so you see this as a way to achieve that goal. I also get that, and can honestly sympathize with it. I'm sure there are times the wait can be frustrating.

At the end of the day you and I want the same thing. We want to earn the various objectives by playing what we enjoy. For you, it's GSF (could be other things, but that one seems to come up a lot, lol), for me it's stuff that just doesn't appeal to you. Basically, there just needs to be equality and variety in how players can achieve various goals. I'm actually a super goal oriented person, so I love that I have to earn this stuff. I just want to have fun while I'm earning it.

Edited by DuchessKristania

^

In very 1st post I made here I spoke of middle ground too. I think it'd be nice if one daily and one weekly could be chosen by players, while other half were random missions with 1x refresh as they are now. For example, completing weekly heroic, or weekly FP, GSF or PvP could give you a reroll token. Click it, and one of the two weeklies of GS turns into content you tackled when earning the reroll token.

If I were able to make max. GS rewards by doing nothing but GSF all day erry day, (or if you were able to do it by tackling nothing but planetary missions) I think it'd take something away from the system. I think GS is supposed to encourage people to swim around in bit wider patterns than they otherwise would.

Edited by Stradlin

^

In very 1st post I made here I spoke of middle ground too. I think it'd be nice if one daily and one weekly could be chosen by players, while other half were random missions with 1x refresh as they are now. For example, completing weekly heroic, or weekly FP, GSF or PvP could give you a reroll token. Click it, and one of the two weeklies of GS turns into content you tackled when earning the reroll token.

If I were able to make max. GS rewards by doing nothing but GSF all day erry day, (or if you were able to do it by tackling nothing but planetary missions) I think it'd take something away from the system. I think GS is supposed to encourage people to swim around in bit wider patterns than they otherwise would.

I'd also have a blast doing vet mode fps. I actually really love them if I don't have to rando group. The rando grouping is a huge issue for me because I just can't move at the same speed as everyone else. My vision is really poor. The new laptop with high res is super helpful, but even when I can see more it takes a few seconds for me to translate what I'm seeing.

The problem with making people swim in a wider pattern is that people will do that and when they experience content they dont like telling them that they have to play that same content again in 2 days or a week will make people just decide not to play at all. That's why MMO's fail, that's why WoW is hemorrhaging subs right now because the content is boring and the new patch is forcing people into the Maw and everyone hates the Maw. We see it again and again and somehow the lessons dont get learned.

I'd also have a blast doing vet mode fps. I actually really love them if I don't have to rando group. The rando grouping is a huge issue for me because I just can't move at the same speed as everyone else. My vision is really poor. The new laptop with high res is super helpful, but even when I can see more it takes a few seconds for me to translate what I'm seeing.

Yeah that must make things really annoying.:l It an absolute non issue among friends and guildies ofc. Most pugs are just fine with that too I recon. Tho ofc, PUGS are hit and a misss.

Howcome laptop? No doubt these issues are very individual and thus I can't even imagine what yours is like...

....I have pretty normal vision and still had massive issues when playing from a laptop screen. I couldn't add up a sum of all parts out of stuff I saw on that infernal tiny screen. Mine was low res screen long time back though. But I always felt I couldn't quite take in what I saw.

Ever tried VR gaming? Some people with bad eyesight have said they "see" much better in VR than they do in real life.

Edited by Stradlin

Yeah that must make things really annoying.:l It an absolute non issue among friends and guildies ofc. Most pugs are just fine with that too I recon. Tho ofc, PUGS are hit and a misss.

Howcome laptop? No doubt these issues are very individual and thus I can't even imagine what yours is like...

....I have pretty normal vision and still had massive issues when playing from a laptop screen. I couldn't add up a sum of all parts out of stuff I saw on that infernal tiny screen. Mine was low res screen long time back though. But I always felt I couldn't quite take in what I saw.

Ever tried VR gaming? Some people with bad eyesight have said they "see" much better in VR than they do in real life.

I'm an author and need to be able to take my computer with me. It's easier to stick with a laptop and have the same keyboard all the time. Also, my laptop is a really nice gaming laptop. My computer engineer brother-in-law said "Dear God, it's glorious" when I showed him the specs, lol. But really laptops are just easier for me to deal with for work. I just spoiled myself a got a good one for optimal swtoring this time.