Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

That doesn’t give you much of a buffer if you don’t want to login every day or you have other things to do like life.

Its 1060/800 if you include the 8 points every week for logging in 4 days per week. + 12 points per for any weeklies she does do. I don't know yet if there are any soloable weeklies, I didn't get any with mine or my refresh. They really need to add some if there isn't.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're a subscriber and do everything (log in 4 times, do 2 weeklies and do 2 dailies everyday) you get 74 points per week. Even assuming only 20 weeks, that's 74 * 20 = 1480 points maximum; you "only" need 800 points to complete the season. That's quite a decent margin, if you're interested in the Galactic Seasons. You need to do a little less than 55% of the maximum activities.

If you're a subscriber and do everything (log in 4 times, do 2 weeklies and do 2 dailies everyday) you get 74 points per week. Even assuming only 20 weeks, that's 74 * 20 = 1480 points maximum; you "only" need 800 points to complete the season. That's quite a decent margin, if you're interested in the Galactic Seasons. You need to do a little less than 55% of the maximum activities.

We are people who the majority ONLY do solo content. When you cut out the forced group/PVP weeklies and dailies - the buffer is much less. Please don't put in these arbitrary numbers that don't mesh with what we are discussing, it just confuses things.

Edited by Suzsi

people who don't have friends to play with, who's friends left the game because one one bad decision after another, who themselves are barely hanging in there.

Or people who don't like the toxic &*^% you get in groups these days, especially PvP, and unfortunately GSF is starting to head the same way

Or people who don't deal well with others, can't take the stress of dealing with others, and just like to treat this as a solo game, with multiplayer options if people choose.

I'm sure I've missed others....

100% Correct DarkTergon.

I don't do pvp.

My time zone means I can't do OP with my guildmates even if I am in active ones.

As a result, I have little experience in OP and I don't think it's wise to pug random especially when it's not the easy ones.

It means all those forces group contents are impossible to me.

I'm really disappointed with the Galactic Seasons Weeklies. Started with Warzones and GS, which I assume everyone got? Then rerolled and got Ops Scum and Villainy/Nature of Progress, or multiple runs of Mountain Queen. I cant reroll either of them again, so I'm just stuck with two things I don't want to do in order to get the lions share of points this week.

Why? Who is this good for? How about just 2 standard weekly objectives that want you to complete any of a myriad array of objectives, 1 Ops, 5 flashpoints, 5 warzones, 5 GS matches, 3 different planet weekly quests, An ungodly amount of crafting resource collection, etc. Let people achieve the Season points however they want, but dont expect people who hate PVP, Ops, Group content to do those things. It's really not a very player friendly model and instead of getting me to want to play SWTOR more it's making me want to play it much less.

I feel the same way. I totally SUCK at PvP but that's not the worst of it. I didn't mind trying warzones but my laptop cannot handle the tremendous lag. So even if I wanted to I can't do the weeklies. So Seasons favors one playstyle over another. Alright, that's fine. Just own up to that then. 6 points a day? I'll have my fleet apartment in no time. What, like a year? LOL

I agree.

The PvP i can get by since it is still the game you signed up for but the airplane/starship mode really really kills me inside slowly. I can't get myself to play this, I never signed up for that sort of game so for us to be required to play 4 matches to complete the "battle pass" objectives is discouraging. We're talking about taking away our gaming time which stacks up really quickly. Yesterday took me at least 3 hours to do the daily and the pvp and thats cuz i skipped the weekly, at the end, hardly had time to do my story or anything I sincerely enjoy about the game like FP's and storyline. If you're going to set this requirement I think the reward system must be bigger cause those 3 hours while i did get some of the battle pass items, didn't make many credits where as if i were to normally have done my FP's of the day in those 3 hours, would have made easily 10m+ credits. A good fix would be to let the players choose between pvp/aircraft stuff/quests. I really liked the idea of just killing mobs but thats me. Hate being forced into content I pesonally don't play to begin with.

TL;DR -- If you are going to have the majority do objectives that require playing content that they don't personally enjoy or partake in, at least make the reward system better because as it stands now, it isn't really worth it, the rewards are alright at best. PvP for me is choppy/laggy, unplayable. This setup is pure torture. :(

As for Galactic Season:

(1) remove the reroll and the random objectives system. So that people can focus on the content that they want to play. (2) Add more objectives like hitting personal conquest and Guild conquest targets, completing Chapters, Heroics, Completing weeklies Like Warzones (ranked and unranked) Uprisings (all modes) Flashpoints (all modes) Operations (all modes) World Bosses (all modes) for event weeks include completing various content etc

(3) Have the Galactic Seasons objectives on a separate Tab. As it is too confusing and messy with them all being on the conquest objectives tab.

(4) on the Subscribers section they really should be getting item for each day. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts

(5) for preferred and free-to-play section have and items ever few days like 2-3 days break between items. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts.

Please ^^ hire this man.

What I don't understand is why aren't they already thinking about this sort of stuff. Nobody likes being forced into content they dont normally play, people are limited on time as is(takes easily 2-3 hours to complete dailies), we dont play this starship content and some dont even enjoy pvp at all. Bizarre that they would try to in a passive way force people to play this stuff. When i hop on SWTOR Im thinking, flashpoints and story-mode and using my character + upgrading his gear + making him look cool, not flying a plane. I didn't get the game or subscribe to fly a plane, ive never been interested in pilot games, they look boring so the fact that we're being forced to play starship thing or whatever is a huge pain to me and apparently a lot of people.

Yeah grouping up with friends in an online game, who would want that?

I don't group with random individuals due to the fact I am also taking care of an invalid/bed-ridden mom who could call me and need something or need me to change something for her. I do not group with others because I do not want them waiting on me. My guild will wait but then again they are friends in real life and they don't get upset no matter how long it takes but when they are not on then I do things solo and therefore like things I can solo.

[/snip]

What I don't understand is why aren't they already thinking about this sort of stuff. Nobody likes being forced into content they dont normally play, people are limited on time as is(takes easily 2-3 hours to complete dailies), we dont play this starship content and some dont even enjoy pvp at all. Bizarre that they would try to in a passive way force people to play this stuff. When i hop on SWTOR Im thinking, flashpoints and story-mode and using my character + upgrading his gear + making him look cool, not flying a plane. I didn't get the game or subscribe to fly a plane, ive never been interested in pilot games, they look boring so the fact that we're being forced to play starship thing or whatever is a huge pain to me and apparently a lot of people.

Pretty much where a lot of are coming from !!!

I'd settle for unlimited rerolls, or at least enough rerolls to land on *something* I don't hate. Like 5 for daily and 10 for weekly or something.

At that point they might as well do what was asked during PTS, just give players full agency to pick from the full list.

Also to those that missed the sarcasm in my earlier post about friends - my point wasn't group up, my point was agreeing with the poster that noted the random objectives makes grouping with friends or family impossible if each gets a different set of objectives - which seems like a pretty big fail when a lot of the objectives require grouping.

Edited by DawnAskham

I suspect this is very much designed to be the way it is but I'd love some more solo-friendly daily options. I really really really don't want to do PvP/Starfighter stuff. My only interest is therefore the daily heroics.

Please?

Sounds like you are asking for less options, not more? Solo friendly daily options mostly amount to identical gameplay. <Kill 50 insects on Alderaan>, <do some facerollable heroic mission>, <kill 75 mobs on DK>.. < - these three examples differ in no meaningful way and give you identical gameplay.

That said, It'd be nice if we had tokens that lets us reroll something into our favorite activity. Like..Iit'd be nice if GSF daily rewarded you with a token that, when clicked, gives 100% guaranteed GSF daily mission. GSF weekly could give 100% guaranteed GSF weekly mission. PvP,Ops, FP,HC2 etc weeklies could offer similar tokens.

One weekly and one daily could always be random with one refresh as it is now. While havintg the other daily/weekly rerollable into something one likes doing.

Players usually are their own worst enemies tbh. If devs gave folks full agency on what to pick, Hammer Station syndrome would immediately kick in. People would pick path of least resistance and bore themselves to death. Ie, everybody would always roll with some juicy optimal path-of-least-resistance combo. Like kill 50 bug on Alderaan+kill 50 mobs on Alderaan overlap. So yeah, there has to be some random element to keep stuff fresh.

Edited by Stradlin

Also to those that missed the sarcasm in my earlier post about friends - my point wasn't group up, my point was agreeing with the poster that noted the random objectives makes grouping with friends or family impossible if each gets a different set of objectives - which seems like a pretty big fail when a lot of the objectives require grouping.

Yes that part is a big fail if Bioware want randoms to pug with people they don’t know.

We are people who the majority ONLY do solo content. When you cut out the forced group/PVP weeklies and dailies - the buffer is much less. Please don't put in these arbitrary numbers that don't mesh with what we are discussing, it just confuses things.

Who is we? How do you know what the majority of the forum regulars, much less the entire player base, wants? In the absence of such data, please don't presume to speak for all of us.

Your limitations on yourself are arbitrary. My numbers are based directly on the game's mechanisms. If you don't want to do some content, that is your choice and it will have consequences.

BTW, your tone and choice of words are the kind of things that'll antagonize posters (and readers) who might be pre-disposed to be sympathetic to you.

Edited by mike_carton

Who is we? How do you know what the majority of the forum regulars, much less the entire player base, wants? In the absence of such data, please don't presume to speak for all of us.

Your limitations on yourself are arbitrary. My numbers are based directly on the game's mechanisms. If you don't want to do some content, that is your choice and it will have consequences.

BTW, your tone and choice of words are the kind of things that'll antagonize posters (and readers) who might be pre-disposed to be sympathetic to you.

I was talking about the people in this thread - based off the OPs first post. I wasn't hostile. I politely asked you not too because it won't help in this case, with a single emphasis (touch of frustration on my part after carefully leaving out group/pvp from my calculations) on what the thread was about - which you should have known, if you'd read the contents. It was a request. The numbers were arbitrary to the current topic.

When you cut out the group and PVP content it seriously limits the points soloers can aquire and seriously increases the work load, especially given most 'fast' points are tied up in weeklies which appear to be group/ pvp content only. Changes it from only needing to login a few days each week over 5 months to needing to login almost daily over 5 months to reach the same goals.

Since by design, most soloers are also casual players, its essentially cutting them from this system. I'd like to think that wasn't biowares intent and that it was just an oversight.

Edited by Suzsi

This will be my last response on the meta discussion: When one posts on an open forum, one should be ready to read others' opinions even if they are not supportive of their post. Starting a thread does not mean a person owns that thread or that they have a right to not hear other viewpoints or that others are obligated to post only "helpful" posts.

Besides, this is a grave misunderstanding

The people in this thread...
Everybody who posts in a thread is a person in that thread. Edited by mike_carton

Sorry, who's antagonizing? Just basing this question on your overall hostile attitude in the quoted post and the one you claimed would be your last. Change starts from within buddy :)

You might also note that the majority of responses in this thread are in support of the OP. So yes, the person you responded to was still being accurate in their use of "we" by your own definition of those who are posting in this thread. So far the only dissenting voice I've seen is you, and posting more than once in the same thread doesnt boost the volume of your dissent, just the echo of your original post. Food for thought! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you are asking for less options, not more? Solo friendly daily options mostly amount to identical gameplay. <Kill 50 insects on Alderaan>, <do some facerollable heroic mission>, <kill 75 mobs on DK>.. < - these three examples differ in no meaningful way and give you identical gameplay.

Yes I guess it does look like that, but in my defence, when I wrote the post, I wasn't aware of the re-roll function and I didn't know they were going to rotate/change on a daily basis (I did later realise this but I didn't edit my original post - sorry about that) What I meant was, 'from the options you are giving me, from what I can see, I am only interested in the daily heroics'.

However, the options you've mentioned are all fine too, and I've had the Alderaan Insectoid Rampage two days in a row now, as well as the Coreworld Heroics mission. I'd love some more options to add to that though. :)

Food for thought! :rolleyes:

People here are basically asking for less variety,not for more options.

If all you ever want to do are facerollable low effort solo things and if you really want to see even more of this stuff showing up, then you are literally and undeniably asking for a more simple and less diverse selection of missions. So "More options" most def is not a good way to frame this.

Any and all missions that provide straightforward solo content are completely interchangeable and differ from one another in no meaningful way when it comes to gameplay. If somebody truly wants to restrict themselves to nothing but doing this stuff..well, more power to them I guess. Restricting yourself this way and demanding some overarching reward system still remains completley optimal just for you is quite ridiculous though. Those ready and willing to do all game has to offer absolutely should feel more rewarded here.

Edited by Stradlin

For clarity, here are some other option suggestions I'd like - SM Flashpoints, the Starfighter solo missions, what about taking part in event missions when they are appropriately timed?

I''ve just woken up and I'm a tad bleary so I can't think of more at the moment but I'm very open to ideas.

In other words, do the ones you like or can do before you reroll it or you might end up with others you hate

Yes, but what I haven't tested, and ot sure if anyone has, if you complete one daily or weekly, then reroll, does it remove the one that is done, so you have to do two today. I know it sounds stupid to ask, but this is BW, we've seem some really insane consequences :eek:

Also I agree with everyone who would like more options, the more choices we have, the better, and of course, maybe, if possible a reroll every reset :)

Yes, but what I haven't tested, and ot sure if anyone has, if you complete one daily or weekly, then reroll, does it remove the one that is done, so you have to do two today. I know it sounds stupid to ask, but this is BW, we've seem some really insane consequences :eek:

Also I agree with everyone who would like more options, the more choices we have, the better, and of course, maybe, if possible a reroll every reset :)

No you can do a daily, reroll and the first one sticks as completed. That's my experience anyway. So on my first day, I only had one daily solo mission. I did that, found I could re-roll, did so and go the Insectoid Rampage one. But my first competed mission was still ticked.

Edited by Jazulfi

Well today I couldn't complete some daily objectives I got, because they were bugged. ("Defeat Capital Enemies" and "Defeat Home World Enemies" didn't work. I rerolled one and was able to complete that, but the other one stayed the same, so I was 1/2 even though I'd actually done three.) If we were allowed to choose from all possible daily objectives, at least we could get the two dailies done by avoiding the bugged ones. Another reason to let us choose. Edited by Estelindis