Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

Its like we speak of different languages, lol. Its completely pointless, your strawmen are of such epic size that they'd prolly earn a spot as some boss of an MCU final flick. Let's just not keep at it.

You got caught of lying and continue attacking me because you can't explain your way out of that lie. Why am I not surprised...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with making people swim in a wider pattern is that people will do that and when they experience content they dont like telling them that they have to play that same content again in 2 days or a week will make people just decide not to play at all. That's why MMO's fail, that's why WoW is hemorrhaging subs right now because the content is boring and the new patch is forcing people into the Maw and everyone hates the Maw. We see it again and again and somehow the lessons dont get learned.

Exactly this. If your force players into content they don't like, for goals they want to reach, they just get frustrated and annoyed. They end up hating that the games turned into a second job instead of a fun game for them and quit, which helps no one.

Also whats being ignored here are the people that physically and mentally can not handle certain aspects of the game because of disabilities beyond their control - suddenly you're turning what could be a fun system for them into something that could quite literally induce a panic attack, cause them physical damage or into something that they just can't ever do.

Edited by Suzsi

Exactly this. If your force players into content they don't like, for goals they want to reach, they just get frustrated and annoyed. They end up hating that the games turned into a second job instead of a fun game for them and quit, which helps no one.

Also whats being ignored here are the people that physically and mentally can not handle certain aspects of the game because of disabilities beyond their control - suddenly you're turning what could be a fun system for them into something that could quite literally induce a panic attack, cause them physical damage or into something that they just can't ever do.

BTW you are both right.

They end up hating that the games turned into a second job instead of a fun game for them and quit, which helps no one..

This this this this.

But, it's ALL busy work with MMOs. Well, mostly all of it. There's a bit of tasty yummy content but we all blaze through that and then it's back to busy work. The trick is to get people continuously doing the busy work/grind they don't mind that much. That's what keeps people logging in (just as an aside, I know bugger all about game development so perhaps I'm talking utter bollocks.) I don't think it's unreasonable to point out and request more of the stuff that keeps us playing? But as I said earlier in the thread, they DO know our inner most gaming secrets in terms of the way we all behave, so perhaps they know what they are doing. But it's ok to ask! ^^

What's really funny, is that we're all basically under the same grindy cosh, we're just arguing about how we want to be beaten! Hee hee.

I think we've all gone a bit cross, and I'm sad about that because we're all playing the same game and we all want it to be better for *us*, but we all want *our* game to be great (I may be making myself feel a tad nauseous with my Galatic *** by yah-ing btw) And, I keep reminding myself, GS is moments old, so who knows what will happen. If we find it's still not working for us, and we keep (politely) asking for tweaks, perhaps they will happen.

Not doing again GSF tho. ;)

P.S. I would secretly LOVE to be a barrel-rolling fighter Ace, but it's not for me. Really.

As for Galactic Season:

(1) remove the reroll and the random objectives system. So that people can focus on the content that they want to play. (2) Add more objectives like hitting personal conquest and Guild conquest targets, completing Chapters, Heroics, Completing weeklies Like Warzones (ranked and unranked) Uprisings (all modes) Flashpoints (all modes) Operations (all modes) World Bosses (all modes) for event weeks include completing various content etc

(3) Have the Galactic Seasons objectives on a separate Tab. As it is too confusing and messy with them all being on the conquest objectives tab.

(4) on the Subscribers section they really should be getting item for each day. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts

(5) for preferred and free-to-play section have and items ever few days like 2-3 days break between items. So early on start with small/low quality items and work up to better items at various spots and especially in the later parts.

This still has some of the best ideas. No favoritism toward PvP or PvE. Players get the choices they need !!

This still has some of the best ideas. No favoritism toward PvP or PvE. Players get the choices they need !!

I *sort of* agree, but I think it would make it exactly like the Conquest system, and I can't help but think they are trying to differentiate from that? But I could be wrong, and I agree it's nice and constructive. :)

If people can pick any missions they like, it utterly trivializes any function or purpose about GS besides the rewards themselves.

You'd have Hammer Station syndrome all over again: Almost everybody is pretty bored with this 9 year old FP. Almost nobody does it because they enjoy doing it. Everybody does it because it is fast, easy and efficient. Most don't find it all that fun, but feeling of efficiency makes running it feel lucrative, rewarding and smart. People grind it and get bored and then grind it some more. From pov of EA, "bored" is a dangerous state for a p(l)aying customer.

If and when GS gets reduced into nothing but rewards for doing what you would anyway, the HS syndrome would soon follow. People would pick nice overlapping "kill bugs on Balmorra" +"Kill mobs on Balmorra" POs, join the Ops grp farming said bugs and utterly trivialize anything about the GS system besides the rewards themselves. Huge part of community would proceed to make it efficient and boring for themselves. Give players "efficient" way to rewards, and they bore themselves to sleep while chasing it.

Edited by Stradlin

You'd have Hammer Station syndrome all over again: A

MMOs (well games in gen) - people will always min-max. Always. The point is making that as palatable to the most amount of people. It's also ok for players, paying for a game, to ask for stuff.

Your wingman offer was kind, btw, but I probably won't take you up on it.

MMOs (well games in gen) - people will always min-max. Always. The point is making that as palatable to the most amount of people. It's also ok for players, paying for a game, to ask for stuff.

Sure..sometimes it feels like it is in nature of players. Specially now that internet is so evolved. One reads a guide, checks the youtube video and follows the trail. Huge amount of players are as if programmed for that. I'm guessing that from devs' pov, players often have this narrow tunnel vision that kinda shuts out anything besides the goal before them. Devs have plenty of reasons to try to encourage players to look around, take round abouts and go off road for a bit. That way,players come across frogotten or sidelined content more often.

I'm not quite old enough to have memories from glory days of Ultima Online..but I'm old enough to have heard stories of it! It was still dawn of internet. People as collective had not learned to use net for stuff like absorbing in depth game guides. Said guides weren't really available either. Optimal builds and such were arcane secrets jealously guarded by those who knew them. Today's minmaxers were called " powergamers" and kinda despised and considered impure and unoriginal somehow. Most people, regardless of devotion level, stumbled around pretty clueless, without really having any external source providing them a set direction, optimal build or anything. It was chaos and much more..lively and unpredictable. Today's default approach of a typical gamer is much more of a formula, less trial and error.

Edited by Stradlin

I'm not quite old enough to have memories from glory days of Ultima Online..b7.

Suspect many of the people you're talking to here are of that generation or just about, myself included. I didin't play Ultima Online because I wasn't an online gamer at the time. I liked video games (how quaint that expression is, and yet it's still fairly common parlance, even though a video cassette or player would be a bit of old garbage to most?) but online games looked rubbish - they were spindley, spartan and they didn't grab me. WoW DID grab me because the game world looked 'fat' and real, if cartoony. But moving on...

Don't assume you are the only person who knows how mmos work here. You clearly know your onions, but I bet lots of people in this thread have played many of the big names in their time. But also with Ultima Online and similar, raiding, PvP etc was originally inferior to RPG play, and many solo players these days are people who've been playing mmos for a long time but who are the remnants of a much more larky and less combative mmo mood.

I think so anyway? I am very happy to be corrected. :)

Edit:- Also, the world is a dumpster fire and the idea of negotiating other people in a game is a minefield horror show. I feel on tenterhooks about opposing rl opinions in my gaming world these days. It's exhausting.

I was about to try and promote a group-hug of sorts but realised it was kind of arrogant on my part, but also a hiding to nothing.

If we could all just take the thorns out of each others elbow spoons...

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!! *fists to sky*

Edited by Jazulfi

If people can pick any missions they like, it utterly trivializes any function or purpose about GS besides the rewards themselves.

You'd have Hammer Station syndrome all over again: Almost everybody is pretty bored with this 9 year old FP. Almost nobody does it because they enjoy doing it. Everybody does it because it is fast, easy and efficient. Most don't find it all that fun, but feeling of efficiency makes running it feel lucrative, rewarding and smart. People grind it and get bored and then grind it some more. From pov of EA, "bored" is a dangerous state for a p(l)aying customer.

If and when GS gets reduced into nothing but rewards for doing what you would anyway, the HS syndrome would soon follow. People would pick nice overlapping "kill bugs on Balmorra" +"Kill mobs on Balmorra" POs, join the Ops grp farming said bugs and utterly trivialize anything about the GS system besides the rewards themselves. Huge part of community would proceed to make it efficient and boring for themselves. Give players "efficient" way to rewards, and they bore themselves to sleep while chasing it.

People grinding like that are choosing to do so, when there are other options available. One could say thats a hole that they've dug for themselves, only one to blame there is themselves. Instead if they could pick and choose - they could simply get the rewards whilst doing what they are already doing now and just get extra for it.

I'm also okay with a few solo options being added into the weekly rotation - currently there are none. It would at least give me a few extra points now and then, allowing some leeway if I have to go on vacation for a week and can't play, or have days I need to spend with family.

I can not do PUG situations. Being pushed in with a bunch of strangers triggers anxiety which triggers panic attacks. It's not even healthy for me to because the panic attacks raise my blood pressure to dangerous levels (stroke risk etc). It's easy for people to dismiss this stuff when they don't live it. Doesn't make it any less real for others.

I can sometimes do unranked, if my ping allows it. Interactions there are vastly different. Just the odd 'help defend xy or z' and a bunch of people suddenly show up to help. Have never been bullied or treated poorly there and the cordination works very differently to a whole group working to take down a boss. Ranked is more strict (and because of it more hostile) so it's out.

Edited by Suzsi

I *sort of* agree, but I think it would make it exactly like the Conquest system, and I can't help but think they are trying to differentiate from that? But I could be wrong, and I agree it's nice and constructive. :)

That's just it !! The post that was made would probably not be the "final solution" ... but is certainly a step in the right direction. I also agree that the two systems (CQ's and GS ) are to be somewhat different ! For now they seem to overlap. But that can change too !

Sure..sometimes it feels like it is in nature of players. Specially now that internet is so evolved. One reads a guide, checks the youtube video and follows the trail. Huge amount of players are as if programmed for that. I'm guessing that from devs' pov, players often have this narrow tunnel vision that kinda shuts out anything besides the goal before them. Devs have plenty of reasons to try to encourage players to look around, take round abouts and go off road for a bit. That way,players come across frogotten or sidelined content more often.

I'm not quite old enough to have memories from glory days of Ultima Online..but I'm old enough to have heard stories of it! It was still dawn of internet. People as collective had not learned to use net for stuff like absorbing in depth game guides. Said guides weren't really available either. Optimal builds and such were arcane secrets jealously guarded by those who knew them. Today's minmaxers were called " powergamers" and kinda despised and considered impure and unoriginal somehow. Most people, regardless of devotion level, stumbled around pretty clueless, without really having any external source providing them a set direction, optimal build or anything. It was chaos and much more..lively and unpredictable. Today's default approach of a typical gamer is much more of a formula, less trial and error.

I started playing MMOs in 1999 with Asheron's Call. (Two years after UO launched) In our community there was no stigma against powergamers unless they exploited. By and large they were looked up to. Builds were discussed openly on the forums, as well as leveling spots. (Really good ones were kept secret :p ) Maggie the Jackcat ran a great fansite that was a pre-curser to Dulfy's. She had new content up on her website usually within a day. What was different? We did a heck of a lot of solo grinding and no one looked down on anyone for that. There were only a handful of quests that were comparable raids, and "end-game" wasn't even a concept. There was a lot of hanging out gossiping and light rp. Since the population was so much smaller, it really felt like a community. There was far less emphasis on "getting gud". The developers didn't push people to into different play styles. They were available and that was good enough.

I started playing MMOs in 1999 with Asheron's Call. (Two years after UO launched) In our community there was no stigma against powergamers unless they exploited. By and large they were looked up to. Builds were discussed openly on the forums, as well as leveling spots. (Really good ones were kept secret :p ) Maggie the Jackcat ran a great fansite that was a pre-curser to Dulfy's. She had new content up on her website usually within a day. What was different? We did a heck of a lot of solo grinding and no one looked down on anyone for that. There were only a handful of quests that were comparable raids, and "end-game" wasn't even a concept. There was a lot of hanging out gossiping and light rp. Since the population was so much smaller, it really felt like a community. There was far less emphasis on "getting gud". The developers didn't push people to into different play styles. They were available and that was good enough.

In Everquest soloing was actually looked up to because it wasn't something everyone could do and do well. Took a fair amount of skill to fear kite, quad kite and charm kite - one mistake would usually mean death of the player. Even that games changed now, sometimes I miss the good old days of MMOs!

Edited by Suzsi

i as well hope to get a revamp of the missions soon, as i have absolutely no fun in galactic starfighter or pvp - i always roll those away, but the big issue is: now i got both at once - and o/c you only receive one reroll....

its a nice idea in total, but the execution sucks, as it forces you to do things you do not want to do.....

Claiming "everybody" does HS because it's "fast, easy and efficient" is far from the truth. People drop group from HS pops all the time, some people only do premade flashpoints now because HS farmers. Some people have quit playing flashpoints completely because HS farmers. It's only a portion of playerbase that farms HS, and because GF is designed the way it is, those farmers force everyone who queues at the same time to join their HS farming.

People being forced to do something they don't enjoy creates toxicity. There is no difference whether the forced missions are HS farm runs or GS PO farming. It makes people hate the game, it makes the game feel like a job instead of something fun and enjoyable. People who advocate any forced and/or grindy content onto others create toxicity. When they do it in condescending, arrogant manner, it creates even more toxicity. People who come out as snobs while advocating their favorite content as something superior, shoot themselves in the foot if they think that's a good way to advertise their favorite content. It only makes possible newcomers hate the content before they even set their foot into it, because they see what kind of people favor it.

People are responsible for their own choices. If someone wants to "bore themselves to death" with something, they should be allowed to. I nearly bore myself to death yesterday by playing a couple of matches of GSF. I got a huge chunk of conquest points and GS points by doing almost nothing. The "almost" meaning I was just flying around and occassionally shooting something if they were in range. That was the most boring thing I've done in the game, but at least I could watch youtube at the same time. It requires no skills and no effort to accept a GSF pop: biggest rewards in game for the ultimate slacker mode. Great job.

Besides we already have a system with rewards from certain activity. It's called conquest. The difference is, you will still get some conquest point from any content, while with GS we only get points from certain missions. If those missions are something we don't want to do, it's turning the game into a job. This is supposed to be a videogame, not a second job and that's why we should have more options.

The game is trolling me hard. Everytime i reroll PvP i get GSF and the other way around. I will never play neither of them, it doesn´t matter how often i get it. Its really annoying

I got my 4th "Kill bugs on Balmorra" today. It refreshed into Black hole dailies. Proper downward spiral right here.

If they made it so pve always refreshes into pvp or GSF, and PvP or GSF always refreshes into pve, it'd solve many issues.Or just have the single refreshable mission be refreshable as many times as it takes.

Edited by Stradlin

Yes, either unlimited rerolls or the PVP->PVE->PVP roll system that some of you mentioned earlier. I'm a solo player, I play this game solely for the story, and I'm only doing seasons to get those companions that I missed out on. Having said that, they did finally succeed in getting me to try PVP/GSF for the first time. It was honestly a funner experience than I expected. It might have to do with the quick que times, zero toxicity I experienced, and the relatively casual people I was playing with. So yeah, while I would prefer more non-PVP/group objectives, I'm not as troubled about this as I was initially.

Yes, either unlimited rerolls or the PVP->PVE->PVP roll system that some of you mentioned earlier. I'm a solo player, I play this game solely for the story, and I'm only doing seasons to get those companions that I missed out on. Having said that, they did finally succeed in getting me to try PVP/GSF for the first time. It was honestly a funner experience than I expected. It might have to do with the quick que times, zero toxicity I experienced, and the relatively casual people I was playing with. So yeah, while I would prefer more non-PVP/group objectives, I'm not as troubled about this as I was initially.

I've done PvP in the past. There are times I kind of enjoy it, but it's quite stressful and can make me feel physically ill due to an eye condition I have. I've had good an bad experiences. I've definitely seen some super toxic behavior, luckily it was never aimed at me specifically. I think there might be some more casual people dipping their toes in now because of GS, so odds are a bunch of solo players are muddling their way through right now, lol.