Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

I don't think this needs to even be in the PTS. This is a bad idea all around. The augments are not needed and would only serve to alienate the playerbase. If Dxun MM and Ranked PvP need to be incentivised, then it's probably an issue with the design of those two items. Maybe make Dxun MM less buggy and random and maybe make the matchmaking in ranked more robust. Make these areas fun and more people would play them.

If you guys want to work on augments, then how about the current ones? It's still too expensive and time-consuming to craft the top-tier 286's, even with readily available mats. Maybe have a look at crafting in general with the stupid three-step process to craft anything grade 11 and the buggy crew skills menu. Maybe have some mats drop from somewhere else besides Conquest [i dunno...maybe Dxun MM and ranked PvP?]

In summary, don't add new augments. AT ALL.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who haven't seen the new augments yet.

New Augments:

171 Endurance

171 Power

130 Tertiary

Current Augments:

144 Endurance

144 Power

108 Tertiary

Difference:

Per Augment: 27 End | 27 Pwr | 22 Tertiary

14x Augments: 378 End | 378 Pwr | 308 Tertiary

HP increase will be in unscaled content a total of 5 292 hp before adding the 5% Endurance Class Buff increase and any other passives.

The Tertiary increase will still not by a longshot be worth it to take 1.4 GCD classes to reach 1.3 GCD

So basically if you're not doing Ranked PVP or Dxun, you're paying/spending insane amount of credits/time for a total of a blasting 308 Tertiary increase.. Seems worth it! :rak_03:

Source of new augment:

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/itm/superior-versatile-augment-77

Edited by dready_tv

For those who haven't seen the new augments yet.

New Augments:

171 Endurance

171 Power

130 Tertiary

Current Augments:

144 Endurance

144 Power

108 Tertiary

Difference:

Per Augment: 27 End | 27 Pwr | 22 Tertiary

14x Augments: 378 End | 378 Pwr | 308 Tertiary

HP increase will be in unscaled content around 5 344,874022589053 hp(rounded up/down to non-decimals) before adding the 5% Endurance Class Buff increase and any other passives.

The Tertiary increase will still not by a longshot be worth it to take 1.4 GCD classes to reach 1.3 GCD

So basically if you're not doing Ranked PVP or Dxun, you're paying/spending insane amount of credits/time for a total of a blasting 308 Tertiary increase.. Seems worth it! :rak_03:

Source of new augment:

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/itm/superior-versatile-augment-77

Then again, if you're a healer that has a 1.3 gcd, those 300 points in tertiary stats can go to critical. I'm not sure what it nets me to go from say 2700 crit rating to 3000 but that could be interesting for a healer especially having effects that are triggered by crits. We did take a hit there in 6.0 cause before that I could get a 1.3 gcd and hit 50% crit. Now I have to do my best to get a 1.3 gcd and get over 43% crit.

Then again, if you're a healer that has a 1.3 gcd, those 300 points in tertiary stats can go to critical. I'm not sure what it nets me to go from say 2700 crit rating to 3000 but that could be interesting for a healer especially having effects that are triggered by crits. We did take a hit there in 6.0 cause before that I could get a 1.3 gcd and hit 50% crit. Now I have to do my best to get a 1.3 gcd and get over 43% crit.

Well like i said, for 1.4 GCD classes :rak_02: so not healers(lol) because they should already be at 1.3 GCD for any PVE situation, there is no reason why a healer wouldn't go for 1.3GCD, so yes you gain a little extra crit as a healer which is quite obvious? (heh) Unless you prefer to add some extra Accuracy instead for some more offdps :eek:

All tho it will be put in crit for mostly all classes regardless since u can't change your builds much by it due to how high the 1.3GCD threshold is so yes only some extra crit mostly, except for tanks ofc that will place it in shield/absorb instead.

(Speaking regarding PVE aspects)

Edited by dready_tv

Well, we all know that BioWare will implement this anyway no matter what we say.

Has anyone considered what this means longterm?

NiM and TR have always been gated activities (as they should be) but you could obtain the necessary requirements before doing them. If those augments go live, then after a while they will become a requirement to join a team for either activitiy. This will prevent new players from joining in and ultimatively kill both game modes.

I mean, we won't see those effects until May 2021 because the grind is insane...

P.S. I love the fact that all NiM ops except Dxun only drop 7 mats for 8 players. Whoever came up with that is a brilliant sadist. ^^

While i agree that end game content needs more incentives because team ranked pops and NiM ops runs are falling down and soon players who likes pvp and pve won't have much to do in swtor, iam confident that special treatment around dxun is made because they need statistic for EA to show that swtor is alive and played so they finally could provide some funding

Well like i said, for 1.4 GCD classes :rak_02: so not healers(lol) because they should already be at 1.3 GCD for any PVE situation, there is no reason why a healer wouldn't go for 1.3GCD, so yes you gain a little extra crit as a healer which is quite obvious? (heh) Unless you prefer to add some extra Accuracy instead for some more offdps :eek:

All tho it will be put in crit for mostly all classes regardless since u can't change your builds much by it due to how high the 1.3GCD threshold is so yes only some extra crit mostly, except for tanks ofc that will place it in shield/absorb instead.

(Speaking regarding PVE aspects)

Yeah just saying that because healers (due to the gcd of 1.3) have lower crit ratings than classes with a 1.4 gcd due to diminishing returns that they benefit more from these augments.

While i agree that end game content needs more incentives because team ranked pops and NiM ops runs are falling down and soon players who likes pvp and pve won't have much to do in swtor, iam confident that special treatment around dxun is made because they need statistic for EA to show that swtor is alive and played so they finally could provide some funding

Exactly this. Mr. Kanneg needs to prove that his vision of this game is working. But since it's not, he has to use tricks.

"I only wish Ben were here." (Luke Skywalker)

Edited by JattaGin

It means pain for top end players as well. If you're a top end PvP'er you don't generally want to do NiM Ops. And if you are a NiM raider you don't generally want to do warzones. And considering the amount of mats needed per craft, it definitely will mean pain for them.

If you're not a top end player, honestly, you'll be better off ignoring this round of augments altogether.

I intend to trade my NiM mats with ranked pvpers. Though I might just ignore the augments entirely and sell my mats for big $$$. I haven't decided yet.

As for non-pvpers and non-Dxun raiders, the new augs will only add 22 tertiary stats over the current BiS purples. So that's 308 more critical or alacrity for a full set of 14. The last thing pve players in capped content need is more critical stat.

Even if these new augments cost a similar amount to the current purples, people would still rage over having to craft a new set of augments anyway.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I intend to trade my NiM mats with ranked pvpers. Though I might just ignore the augments entirely and sell my mats for big $$$. I haven't decided yet.

As for non-pvpers and non-Dxun raiders, the new augs will only add 22 tertiary stats over the current BiS purples. So that's 308 more critical or alacrity for a full set of 14. The last thing pve players in capped content need is more critical stat.

Even if these new augments cost a similar amount to the current purples, people would still rage over having to craft a new set of augments anyway.

Sure but since you need 15 of the raid mats and 25 of the PvP mats so that would normally mean that the PvP mats are going to be more expensive. so you might find yourself at the wrong end of that trade. I fully expect Nefra NiM runs and such to start up again just to get the NiM mats

And the new augments will cost a lot more than the current ones. The requirements are definitely more stringent so I expect they will cost 20-30 million each if not more.

I refuse to come up with a plan on how to farm these. Just like I refused Ossus gear, I refuse to get these too. And again, Mr Schmidt, I'm so sick of BWs "gear as a substitute for content nonsense" that this is the final straw. This goes through, I'm out when my current game time ends.

I refuse to come up with a plan on how to farm these. Just like I refused Ossus gear, I refuse to get these too. And again, Mr Schmidt, I'm so sick of BWs "gear as a substitute for content nonsense" that this is the final straw. This goes through, I'm out when my current game time ends.

Silly question but what do u plan on doing with your stuff? :)

Everything has already been said here before me, but I'll join this conversation either way. I think this is a very very bad idea in general and lacks the basic understanding of the game's community.

I'm not against the idea of having harder-to-achieve gear, something where you potentially need to be able to clear some of the harder content of the game. But mixing pvp and pve together.. Yeah, that definitely won't work . Most of the players are naturally more inclined to play either or. Trying to force people into playing something is not a very good design. You will only have a bunch of pissed pvp players who don't want to pve and who will feel like their experience is ruined by mats farmers, and then another bunch of NiM players, who will be mad about having to play pvp in order to gear for pve. And then obviously the rest of the people being pissed about the fact that you need to play NiM or ranked at all in order to get gear, but honestly, like I said, I am not against the idea itself, just how you plan on doing it.

If you want to make pvp to seem more appealing to people, try instead making the gameplay itself more interesting. I'm someone who strongly dislikes 4v4 matches, so I don't play ranked, but I'd definitely be up to it if it was more diverse and had similar objectives as regular warzones do. I realise this is something that has apparently been tried before with lacking results (not enough players?), but so has the "let's add gear mats into ranked" been tried before too, and that didn't go well. I do think you would have more desirable results by making the pvp experience itself feel a bit better.

If rewards is the way you want to make pvp seem more appealing, then in my opinion the rewards should be something very tempting but not something that affects your gameplay directly. Create some even more awesome cosmetics that can only be received through ranked or something. Just don't make the pve experience reliant on pvp gameplay (or the other way around).

It also feels a bit unfair that the new augments and their creating progress seems to be more biased towards pvp, since you require more pvp mats than pve mats to craft them. This means that those who play NiM but not ranked will possibly have to pay more in order to acquire said mats than what ranked players will have to pay.

In addition to everything mentioned above, the new augments will only do something in Dxun (if even there?), which is the only lvl 75 raid. This seems a bit absurd. What about all the old operations? It doesn't make any sense to put all of the focus into Dxun, when there are no other lvl 75 raids in sight anytime soon. Instead of adding augments that will not be worth all the grind and effort, all the old operation content should be scaled to lvl 75. That will get rid of the current weird split between the operations and make gearing more simple too. After that you can start focusing more on gear improvements and adding new gear levels into the game.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider the implementation of these augments. This is really not the time for new augments, and especially not this way. I can't see too many people being happy with the current plan, and this current forum thread is already one proof of that.

But mixing pvp and pve together.. Yeah, that definitely won't work . Most of the players are naturally more inclined to play either or. Trying to force people into playing something is not a very good design.

This.

WoW does it as well and I absolutely hate it. I am a pure pvper who on extremely rare occassions dabbles in raiding. In WoW I'm straight up forced to do mythic+ raiding to get viable gear for pvp. In this game I'm forced to spam FP's to gear up at a viable pace for pvp.

I'm sick and tired of these developers trying to mix the two and trying to only have one gear set with the grind being generally obnoxious for pvpers. PvE players don't want to PvP. PvP players don't want to PvE. We should have our respective gear and the grind for those be completely seperate. Stop forcing your players to do content they don't want to do. Enough is enough. Developers need to wake the F up.

Edited by Raansu

This is a new objective. Lower your previous expectations and surrender your ambition. Your biological and technological distinctiveness should adapt to our own designs. Your culture will adapt to follow us.

Resistance is futile.

Thats it. Internet is canceled because you just won.

#youaremyhero

:rak_03:

And the new augments will cost a lot more than the current ones. The requirements are definitely more stringent so I expect they will cost 20-30 million each if not more.

I was thinking around 40-50 million each, after the market stabilizes a bit. Initially probably 100m+.

Here are my assumptions:

The 300 Augments ingredients are:

5 Artifact Combo Materials - 200k per, 1m total

3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials - 200k per, 600k total

5 Solid Resource Matrix - 200k per, 1m total

15 OEM-37 - 1m per?, 15m total

25 RPM-13 - 1m per?, 25m total

5 Legendary Embers - 500k per, 2.5m total

5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer - 25k per, 100k total

Reasoning on cost of OEM-37

Looks like for most MM ops, one can expect to get about one unit per op. How much would you want for that? I would assume about 1 million? More or less?

Reasoning on cost of RPM-13

IF (big if) you are doing group ranked on a daily basis AND completing said daily AND weekly, Looks like you could expect to get 25 RPM in two weeks. There is basically no other way to do it. The drop chances from solo ranked are so low that they basically don't exist, and will largely be a non-factor in supplying the materials to build these things. Very few people do group ranked at all, let alone daily, let alone completing the daily/weekly. Those who do will be able to ask for a lot of credits for these things, and I'm guessing it would be on the order of 1-2m per unit. The supply will just be so low.

If this encourages a lot more group ranked play (probably won't), then the cost would come down a bit. Maybe around 20m per augment. Realistically, the stat boost simply won't be worth it and the only people rocking a full set of these puppies will be those with a billion credits to spare.

Edited by teclado

I was thinking around 40-50 million each, after the market stabilizes a bit. Initially probably 100m+.

Here are my assumptions:

The 300 Augments ingredients are:

5 Artifact Combo Materials - 200k per, 1m total

3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials - 200k per, 600k total

5 Solid Resource Matrix - 200k per, 1m total

15 OEM-37 - 1m per?, 15m total

25 RPM-13 - 1m per?, 25m total

5 Legendary Embers - 500k per, 2.5m total

5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer - 25k per, 100k total

Reasoning on cost of OEM-37

Looks like for most MM ops, one can expect to get about one unit per op. How much would you want for that? I would assume about 1 million? More or less?

Reasoning on cost of RPM-13

IF (big if) you are doing group ranked on a daily basis AND completing said daily AND weekly, Looks like you could expect to get 25 RPM in two weeks. There is basically no other way to do it. The drop chances from solo ranked are so low that they basically don't exist, and will largely be a non-factor in supplying the materials to build these things. Very few people do group ranked at all, let alone daily, let alone completing the daily/weekly. Those who do will be able to ask for a lot of credits for these things, and I'm guessing it would be on the order of 1-2m per unit. The supply will just be so low.

If this encourages a lot more group ranked play (probably won't), then the cost would come down a bit. Maybe around 20m per augment. Realistically, the stat boost simply won't be worth it and the only people rocking a full set of these puppies will be those with a billion credits to spare.

Your numbers are extremely low, the new mats will cost more than a million, and the aug will cost a lot more that 20. The mods for the 306 went for nearly 200 million each when 306 first dropped, even though, people could get 306 gear easily enough. I'd be surprised if they go for less than 100m each.

Your numbers are extremely low, the new mats will cost more than a million, and the aug will cost a lot more that 20. The mods for the 306 went for nearly 200 million each when 306 first dropped, even though, people could get 306 gear easily enough. I'd be surprised if they go for less than 100m each.

i second this assessment

If this is your way to force people to make ranked pvp, it is extremely bad, for everyone.

Ranked pvp has low pops now because the cancerous players have driven away other people. They have destroyed their own community and it's not up to the "other people" to fix their mess by being forced to play.

Same goes to NiM. If the goal is to help guilds finish MM OPS, why build so much trouble around getting these augs? This doesn't make any sense at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.