New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

This is probably one of the most idiotic ideas i've seen in a while. The way to obtain these materials and the amount of it required per augments is totally ludacris. Forcing people in to playing both pve & pvp.

This has to be a joke or is it their way of completely killing the game?

Oh & on top of all this we're getting new augments in an already way to easy PVE content, especially in SM/HM with the stupid VE stacks.

Are we really going to dumb down it even more by inceasing stats even further? Even Nim operations are also way to easy & not properly tuned for the current gear/tactical setup making it way easier than it is supposed to be.

There is no content in the game that requires new augments at all, there is no reason to release it like this.

Is this your way of creating new "content" or what?

Have the BW staff finally lost their minds?

Edited by dready_tv

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the goal here? Is this for existing NIM teams and ranked players to make more credits by farming mats to make these augments?

How are you going to drive more players into these modes for temporary rewards?

I'm not going to try and get into NIM raiding or bust my *** in ranked for some augments that will take until the next expac to finish, at which point they will be garbage.

Yeah I left that out deliberately. I understand that they want to move people to team ranked but this isn't incentive.. this is brute force.

I think it's because of 5.0, where you had mat farmers ruining yolos by queuing and practically throwing, back when they had PvP mats drop everywhere... also part of why they only let wins count, nowadays.

The mat farmers nearly killed ranked then; at least in group they were just easy points for those that actually cared about ELO, vs a PitA sabotage.

Looks like NiM operation and Ranked PvP participation must really be down if they're going to this length to force people to do them for the new Augments. Looks like I'll skip the BiS Augments unless BW makes mats available other ways.

They'll be available on the GTN for ridiculously large amounts......

will there be any chance for a player who can't play tr because its dead, won't play solo ranked because its toxic af and can't play mm content because most mm groups won't even hold together to craft half of the augs, be able to obtain those or a left to ******* as long as we just pay our monthly sub?

BioWare, I don’t think you ran the math on this. For the sake of argument, let’s use 8-man NiM EC as our baseline - in order to gear out the full team with 14 augments each, you need (14*15*8) = 1680 OEM-37s. The whole operation drops 6. Now granted, crafters have two opportunities to crit for extra augments here, so let’s generously assume a 50% crit rate; thus each 15 OEMs produce 2.25 augments instead of 1. You’d still need to clear NiM EC 125 times to do this. one hundred and twenty five times. Even if you’re able to do NiM Dxun, which drops 16, you would need to CLEAR NIM DXUN 47 TIMES to gear up the team. And that’s not even starting on needing to do ranked PVP, which you now have to win to get mats! Please strongly reconsider how you approach this, BioWare. Edited by Aussircaex

Looks like NiM operation and Ranked PvP participation must really be down if they're going to this length to force people to do them for the new Augments. Looks like I'll skip the BiS Augments unless BW makes mats available other ways.

well not many people can't play sr all day long with this **** community. tr is dead. mm groups hold for 2 weeks.

i will stick with your scheme i guess. lol

They'll be available on the GTN for ridiculously large amounts......

Won't be worth the price. Unless they actually have the mats available in other content I can see many people just ignoring these new Augments. The price of the current Purple augments is to much each. (and yes I can easily afford 5-6 mil each). I wouldn't touch an augment that may cost at least 5 to 10 times that at the very least.

Look.. if you want to design something like this it should be possible for 1 person to farm enough mats for 1 augment in 1 week. At that point it will still be 14 weeks of going full steam before you can deck out 1 effing character.

And yes, eventually.. after the main farmers have gotten their characters decked out and will only farm for monetary gain the market will saturate and incentive to do anything other than buying it from GTN will drop. But that is just how this **** works.

I still have at least 10 characters to deck out for myself and I know several of my veteran friends have half a dozen more than than. Seriously.. even 1 week per augment would be a very serious stretch and we're looking at several weeks per augment as it stands..

What are you thinking? Honestly :confused::confused:

The time required to get these augments is just plain unreasonable. I'm not totally against new augs, nor incentivizing mm ops and team ranked, but you have to make getting the augs far more attainable. The augments simply need to cost way less mats for this change to make any sense or have any hope of encouraging activity in the areas you want to affect.

One aspect of this change you didn't address is it will cause a credit transfer from a large amount of players needing the mats to a very small amount of players who have them (top NiM teams, top team ranked teams). Is consolidation of wealth into the hands of a tiny fraction of the playerbase your intention? Because that's exactly what's going to happen.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Won't be worth the price. Unless they actually have the mats available in other content I can see many people just ignoring these new Augments. The price of the current Purple augments is to much each. (and yes I can easily afford 5-6 mil each). I wouldn't touch an augment that may cost at least 5 to 10 times that at the very least.

I agree, I wouldn't pay them, but we know there are people who will, they'll have the top augs, and have an advantage in pvp, so everyone else is going to have to do it, just to keep up. And what happens when people running NiM content start insisting people have these augs?

Stupid nerfs that don't nerf the intended spec, gear, or what have you and pretty much removes toons from being good enough to be part of harder content. Bad customer support with horrible communication and practices. A Dev team that doesn't actually listen...they just state they do. Now, being forced to play certain aspects of a game that I personally don't want to play because it's not really fun for me just to be able to get BiS. Hmmmm...

Giving people a reason to feel like they may need to go to credit farmers just to keep up with the Jones's.

The scales keep tipping towards cancelling the subscription and playing a different MMO. That new one coming out from Amazon looks pretty good.

Edited by Muthias
Added second to last line.

How about you also add a mission to a crewskill to get these new mats with a really rare chance like 5 percent chance of getting one of the mats if you have a maximum influence companion and make the mission take an hour so it can't be abused.

That way pure crafters have a chance.

Yep.... I also see people trying ranked and getting pwned/farmed and then having to buy the mats anyways from the people that farmed those same players. lol!

This is ridicules. lol I mean, they already ruined regs/ranked with mandatory wins to get weekly and daily. Good on them for going after the Ops guys as well. I guess they are just spreading the hate I mean love of their players! ;)

Sometimes all you can do is sit back and laugh at how poorly thought out some of this stuff is.

not a huge fan of the concept, make both materials drop from pve and pvp so you don't force players to do content they don't enjoy, and consider increasing the drop rate, after all, players want to gear several of their characters. apart from that, it seems like a reasonable change Edited by RikuvonDrake

I'm a fairly new player who just finished their sentinel set. I'm gonna be honest, this sounds like a cash grab. You want to skip the grind to get these materials only apex level players can get, then you better sink money into the cartel market to make some money off the GTN! Not to mention these Augments will probably be useless in an xpac or 2 since item rating will more than likely increase.

I don't really see an issue with that. You don't need full minmaxed 306 for HM anyway.

Theres been enough serving snowflake mentalities like this already

In its self, its not really an issue as no one really needs them (So long as they wont cause a power shift in unranked).

The issue is that many people who are already sitting at 306 wont be capable of obtaining these, they see gear progression only available to "Hardcore" players, lose interest and un-sub.

Whether we like it or not, casual players make up a majority of players in MMO's these days, not a good idea to cut them out of progression if we want to keep the lights on...

So you are saying buy the mats on the GTN at over inflated prices? Newer players wont be able to attain the mats in this manner that easily.

^This. The rich get richer and if you're not savvy at building billions of credits and don't like to farm both PvP and PVE, this feature of the game isn't for you.

Edited by xordevoreaux

perhaps consider having the current drop rates be for hardmode operations and the triple them for nightmare, increase the rewards that you had planned for group ranked but make it for solo, with the win requirement this will scare of wintraders anyway, then triple the rewards for group ranked

the pace of gearing is all wrong, it would take 8 players two hours of doing nightmare operations to gather enough materials for one augment? i don't see how that time is reasonable

Edited by RikuvonDrake