New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provided that all necessary materials for the new aguments can be obtained either in Master Mode operations or(!!!) ranked PvP, I'm perfectly fine.

The "robust economy" referred to in the post only functions in case of the current plan provided that there is a considerable number of players on the respective server doing Master Mode Operations and/or ranked PvP. On Tulak Hord, the number of players playing ranked PvP appears to be quite low (many moved to Darth Malgus therefor). I guess the situation on The Leviathan is the same or even worse. Hence, in case no (or nearly no) PvP materials (i.e. RPM-13) are generated, no economy, as robust it may be, can compensate therefor.

In other words, at least on Tulak Hord, due to the recent PvP changes necesitating wins, players are forced into playing solo or team ranked PvP for eons, as otherwise, the "robust economy" cannot come to pass.

Thus, in case you really introduce this, in my opinion, nonsense, please:

a) merge the European servers (I know many players on all three servers are going to hate me for this suggestion); or

b) all of the following

- lower the costs for character transfer to 10 cartel coins at least between European servers and US servers, respectively;

- enable guild leads to transfer guild flagship and guild strongholds when transfering the character being the guild lead;

- enable players to transfer their strongholds to another server (the stronghold on the server from which the character is transferred is deleted and must be bought anew);

c) will follow

Will those extra stats be disabled if the ranked guys wear the augments in regs?

No, of course they won’t. Which means they will make regs even more of a mockery than it already is and casual pvpers who probably need the extra stats more than the ranked guys, will be left behind to be cannon fodder.

And those of us who prefer objective pvp and are expected to carry the casuals against the premade ranked guys who come into regs, will never get our dailies or weeklies done because only wins count.

Basically, BioWare will drive more players out of causal pvp than is already happening because of the stupid wins only in regs.

There has been too much stick of late and this is another example, even if it’s not intended to be, that’s what will happen in regs.

300 extra points in a few stats will not make or break unranked.

A ranked player can already wreck the avg unranked player if they want to; even if they went in with 270 gear, the avg 306 unranked player wouldn't have the advantage. The augs will make them a bit more powerful, but you probably won't even notice.

Also, doesn't PvP have a super-bolster to make gear rating irrelevant?

A ranked player can already wreck the avg unranked player if they want to; even if they went in with 270 gear, the avg 306 unranked player wouldn't have the advantage. The augs will make them a bit more powerful, but you probably won't even notice.

unranked bolster really is bad. It gives horrible tertiary stats.

Edited by Toraak

its really not, I dunno which server you play on but neither of these things are happening on Malgus or Star Forge, if you are in a guild that does this and are staying there, then it's your own fault that you are experiencing this behaviour. the difference in stats, assuming <redacted> info is correct, is not huge and won't make a massive difference in unranked warzones so I wouldn't worry about that if you are concerned with regs

/QUOTE]

It is happening on SF, just look at the posts in the PvP forums from the last few months. Not to mention, when I did PvP, you could see them, every time a new set comes out, and they have them the ranked players come down to normal level, and troll . It's not a guild Nobody even mentioned a guild, so stop trying to divert) , it's RANKED players, toxic people, who troll.

Talking about '<redacted>' info is not allowed and can be banned, so I haven't seen it, and can't comment. But if it makes a difference in ranked, it will make a difference in unranked.

Edited by DarkTergon

Dear SWTOR Player Community:

While reading this dev post I am reminded of something I was told by my first guildmaster.

SWTOR Rule #1: BioWare hates you.

Once you understand and embrace this basic truth, you will find that everything they do makes perfect sense.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

--Dianiss

The crafting system is horrible already to make augments. So now, I have to play toxic ranked or a single raid to make augments. You are really just trying to kill the game that doesn't produce any content for the $140 dollar per year some people pay to support the game. Thanks but no thanks. Edited by jedmac

So to make "prestige" content more accessible to your "non prestige" customers (i thought we all paid the same?), you want us to grind "prestige" content? Either your logic is flawed or this is a roundabout way of draining credits out from the "prestige" customer base.

I doubt this will have much impact on PVE ( as you say the "prestige" raiders are clearing the content already and the grind is so outrageous that few "non prestige" guilds will bother with it) but it will raise yet another barrier to entry into PVP and further shrink its dwindling player base. Being ripped apart by people who were better than you BEFORE they bought better gear than you can ever hope to acquire isn't an attractive prospect.

Whatever you're trying to achieve here, there are better ways to do it.

I'm not your friend, I'm your customer.

The point is that if you can't pony up what will be ridiculous sums of credits for grabbing the mats off the GTN, you're forced to play both play styles to farm the mats, whatever you want to do in the game be damned.

Talk about EA giving the credit sellers more business!

I can see people wanting these and doing exactly that. We had spike in credit sellers when they added the last lot of credit sinks. This just plays to them again after getting rid of them. It feels like we are going back and forth.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If you played pvp you would know the answers to that. It’s obvious you don’t.

The crafting system is horrible already to make augments. So now, I have to play toxic ranked or a single raid to make augments. You are really just trying to kill the game that doesn't produce any content for the $140 dollar per year some people pay to support the game. Thanks but no thanks.

8 players gotta raid for two hours (takes about an hour to clear one raid with 5 bosses) to gather enough mats for the pve side of one augment xd as a pve:er I think this is insane

Edited by RikuvonDrake

so i did some quick math

14 augments, 8 players which need 112 augments in total, so a group needs to raid for 224 hours to farm the pve material for a full group, assuming you raid 2,5 hours per day that's 90 days of raiding which, lets say you raid 3 times a week is 30 weeks of farming. this patch comes out in October this means your average group will be fully geared by May next year (again, with the pve side of material gathering)

from a nightmare player, my feedback is that this is insane :D

Better than 20 years of solo ranked :rolleyes:

This may (will) also lead to an increase in credit sellers which you've been trying to crack down on.. With the price these mats (or crafted augments) will command many players will turn to buying the credits from these sellers as a result. They won't all go the route of grinding game objectives for hours or buying Cartel Coins. Think of it, which seems more attractive to a player? Buy CCs -> buy items -> claim item -> wait for CD on said item to finish -> sell item for ? credits at ? time frame (people undercutting could leave items unsold for days) - VS - go to credit seller site, purchase X number of credits and get amount instantly.

I urge BW to reconsider this approach. Forcing people into either NiM raiding or Ranked PVP won't improve either of those game styles

I can see people wanting these doing exactly that. We had spike in credit sellers when they added the last lot of credit sinks. This just plays to them again after getting rid of them. It feels like we are going back and forth.

Makes me wonder if there is someone who has a stake in the credit sellers working on the dev team sometimes...

8 players gotta raid for two hours (takes about an hour to clear one raid with 5 bosses) to gather enough mats for the pve side of one augment xd as a pve:er I think this is insane

The amount of mats and time required to acquire them is insane. Are there even enough players who play both content to supply the market with “excess” mats.

The amount of mats and time required to acquire them is insane. Are there even enough players who play both content to supply the market with “excess” mats.

honestly I dunno, since it wasn't really clear we asked Chris if the nightmare mats were per character or you got one for the entire group to split, turns out you do indeed only get one so my previous calculations of 90 hours of raiding was about correct :D

there are rough ~8-10k players who does nightmare weekly, difficult to say but starparse says 8k and lots don't use it,, the main issue I think is ranked, with the rereleased rewards I think that there will be lots of new players these few seasons. And in theory the skills that most nightmare players have with their classes transfer to ranked pvp so most are able to do quite well, so honestly, the answer is "maybe".

regardless it will be quite a long grind if the numbers stay are they are and aren't drastically changed

honestly I dunno, since it wasn't really clear we asked Chris if the nightmare mats were per character or you got one for the entire group to split, turns out you do indeed only get one so my previous calculations of 90 hours of raiding was about correct :D

there are rough ~8-10k players who does nightmare weekly, difficult to say but starparse says 8k and lots don't use it,, the main issue I think is ranked, with the rereleased rewards I think that there will be lots of new players these few seasons. And in theory the skills that most nightmare players have with their classes transfer to ranked pvp so most are able to do quite well, so honestly, the answer is "maybe".

regardless it will be quite a long grind if the numbers stay are they are and aren't drastically changed

Hopefully Chris is listening to the feed back and testing before going live with it.

If you played pvp you would know the answers to that. It’s obvious you don’t.

Nope! But I raid with/chat with plenty of people who do (inc some vying for top 3).

My point stands; having the new augs will not suddenly change how OP a ranked player is in regs; and certainly won't cause unranked to fail or force uunranked players to buy these new augs.

You're literally scaring yourself into a grind you were never meant to endure.

Based on my experience in 5.0, the players you are most worried about being (even more) over-powered will be the first to sell them to those looking to craft them and make bank.

No ranked/NiM raider will need the augs to where they won't farm and sell as many as possible while the price is high (driven by the "I NEED THIS NOW OMG!!!" crowd, that usually does neither ranked nor NiM Ops) .

Both subsets of players need credits more than a few extra stat points, more often than not, and even those that are already wealthy know how to make bank for when something they really *do* need shows up.

When Queen first dropped, a mat went for over 100mil the first day or three. A week later that same mat went for 80 (IF you were lucky), and a week after that you were hoping to get 20.

When did we start crafting our own mainhands? ~week 3 or 4, happy to not be poor for once.