New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

Seriously though, what's the point of this?

The people who play TR and NiM are minorities and there's usually very little overlap between both. What's your goal here? Mix them up? Add people who are unable to complete NiM or win team ranked to the groups?

I see no reason why this would work. At all.

The material requirements are insane, as usual. But, for the sake of argument, let's assume someone actually farmed all those materials and is now using l33t augments.

How do you balance that? What do you do if someone 'overgeared' plays unranked warzones now? The people there have no real chance to catch up. And you know what happens once those augments start to become more common? People will ask for them as a requirement for difficult content. Because you can never assume skill in PUGs, so you at least want equipment on your side.

I noticed you haven't posted the actual stats of the augments. For all his hassle to be worth it they need to be OP. But if they are OP, then balance breaks down... or you increase bolster in warzones, making the new augments irrelevant again.

As I see it, you can't win with this. All you do is that the player base loses. Is this your intention?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of idiots.

Scale everything to 75, put slightly higher rated gear in HM, with slightly higher still in NiM, and similar differences in rating based on PVP mode, and keep adding new playable content for all.

Having most of the game scaled to 70 such that most stats on the current augments are useless is idiotic enough, adding a new tier of augments where for most content, most of the increased stats will be useless, is just beyond stupid.

And that is before digging into the ridiculous methods for obtaining the materials to craft the new augments.

Couple this with some of the recent changes and the post about conquest changes and it's clear the development team is just as clueless, if not more so, than the crew that drove myself and many others away in the past.

Good job - hope you have fun explaining to your EA paymasters why you all take one step forward (like with Steam) then two steps backwards while shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly.

Edited by DawnAskham

Hi friends,

Details

• Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Vanguard in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person

[*]Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13

• 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest

[*]10% chance in daily group ranked box

• 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest

[*]25% chance in weekly solo ranked box

• 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest

[*]5% chance in daily solo ranked box

• 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest

[*]Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337

• This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits

[*]The 300 Augments ingredients are:

• 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer

[*]CM-1337 ingredients are:

• 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris

Well, first of all, I find the word "friends" in the initial greeting quite misleading.

Second, last time I checked it is the 18th of September, not the 1st of April.

This is is literally the worst thing I have ever read in terms of Dev announcements, and I have been playing this game since 8 years ago so it's not like there wasn't competition.

In my experience, the richest players are GTN grandmasters, not nim raiders and ranked pvpers.

The point is that if you can't pony up what will be ridiculous sums of credits for grabbing the mats off the GTN, you're forced to play both play styles to farm the mats, whatever you want to do in the game be damned.

Talk about EA giving the credit sellers more business!

Edited by xordevoreaux

i think what a lot of you forum warriors need to realize is that these augments are made for nightmare raiders and ranked pvp players, if you want to change how it works you should focus on that aspect. instead of asking how you as a storymode raider will be able to acquire the mats, bioware thought about that and realized that you don't need them xd

i think what a lot of you forum warriors need to realize is that these augments are made for nightmare raiders and ranked pvp players, if you want to change how it works you should focus on that aspect. instead of asking how you as a storymode raider will be able to acquire the mats, bioware thought about that and realized that you don't need them xd

Some of us are doing HM content and some NiM content, but we actually avoid the latter, because of players like you and their toxicity.

You need to realize that you are adding to the problem, not to its solution.

You do realize you need to play both modes, correct? How many TR players also do NiM raids?

This seems like a failure on three levels:

1) Concept

I'm not against some form of new carrot for progression per se, but incentivizing players to do activities they don't enjoy seems like a bad idea. Historically, I have rarely seen it work in any MMORPG I've played. I took note of your "robust trading economy" point but I don't think it will be nearly as robust for the inter-related reason of...

2) Implementation

As others have already noted above, the length of time to acquire the mats needed are extremely onerous to put it mildly. I find it curious too that you didn't post the actual stats.

3) Prioritization

This is my biggest concern. In BW Developer comments in the past, there is not an implicit, but an explicit acknowledgment that the basic Crafting and Amplifier systems need work. It bothers me that you are fine-tuning end-game experience while leaving core aspects of Onslaught, now nearly a year old, unfixed.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Why are you trying to sabotage the amazing experience the Play your way expansion has been?

Maybe the reason people don't do as much PvP as you'd like is because the experience is just terrible. Might be an engine thing, but combat is very clumsy, especially for melee. Class balance is nonexistent, and never will be unless you follow WoW's approach to having abilities behave differently in PvP and PvE, and improve your network code so it's not so blatant about favoring people with lower latency. Your customers are all over the world. Fix the game and people will want to play it. You want to encourage PvP, toss some love to GSF. It's the perfect approach to PvP, having its own rules. There's most likely more people interested in GSF than in doing Team Ranked.

Adding these ridiculous carrots to content barely anyone is interested in doing will do nothing but get rid of all the goodwill you have managed to amass with Onslaught.

Why are you trying to sabotage the amazing experience the Play your way expansion has been?

Maybe the reason people don't do as much PvP as you'd like is because the experience is just terrible. Might be an engine thing, but combat is very clumsy, especially for melee. Class balance is nonexistent, and never will be unless you follow WoW's approach to having abilities behave differently in PvP and PvE, and improve your network code so it's not so blatant about favoring people with lower latency. Your customers are all over the world. Fix the game and people will want to play it. You want to encourage PvP, toss some love to GSF. It's the perfect approach to PvP, having its own rules. There's most likely more people interested in GSF than in doing Team Ranked.

Adding these ridiculous carrots to content barely anyone is interested in doing will do nothing but get rid of all the goodwill you have managed to amass with Onslaught.

man exactly what i am thinking. make abilitys behaiving diffrent in pvp and pve otherwise no balance will be brought to this game! FIX THE GAME BIOWARE

Seriously though, what's the point of this?

The people who play TR and NiM are minorities and there's usually very little overlap between both. What's your goal here? Mix them up? Add people who are unable to complete NiM or win team ranked to the groups?

I see no reason why this would work. At all.

The material requirements are insane, as usual. But, for the sake of argument, let's assume someone actually farmed all those materials and is now using l33t augments.

How do you balance that? What do you do if someone 'overgeared' plays unranked warzones now? The people there have no real chance to catch up. And you know what happens once those augments start to become more common? People will ask for them as a requirement for difficult content. Because you can never assume skill in PUGs, so you at least want equipment on your side.

I noticed you haven't posted the actual stats of the augments. For all his hassle to be worth it they need to be OP. But if they are OP, then balance breaks down... or you increase bolster in warzones, making the new augments irrelevant again.

As I see it, you can't win with this. All you do is that the player base loses. Is this your intention?

hitting ungeared people with fine 75K hits on my ful BiS feels so good right now. Can't wait for 11k ap to finally hit them with some juicy 80-85k hit. it will be glorious.

Some of us are doing HM content and some NiM content, but we actually avoid the latter, because of players like you and their toxicity.

You need to realize that you are adding to the problem, not to its solution.

if all players you end up playing with are toxic towards you, I am sorry but the problem might be you :D if you are not doing many nightmares content then I guess you don't really nee these augments based on towards which players Bioware described they were made for :)

You do realize you need to play both modes, correct? How many TR players also do NiM raids?

quite a few, most nim players are decent at the game/class and those skills transfer easily between pvp and pve, that said neither material is bop/bol so it can just be sold, transferred or traded between a pvper and a pver

i don't agree with the changes here but most people are mainly arguing from the perspective of doing only story mode operations and you are kinda derailing any possibility of giving good feedback, you story mode gamers gotta understand you are not the target for these augments, they are not meant for you, you don't need them

its difficult for any nightmare raider or ranked pvper to write any feedback post of value to bioware when Mr fleet pug of tobbo sm via group finder is spamming away :D

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Hi friends,

With Game Update 6.1.4 we are introducing a new tier of augments to the game, with materials added to our prestige game modes.

For a little background, we try to strike a balance between the right time to introduce new power to chase into the game and respecting your time invested in getting to the current maximum level of gear. We also want to refresh interest in our prestige modes by adding a very clear incentive while we work on the next batch of new content.

We have a few goals here. First, in PvE, it has been several months since Dxun Master Mode released. Top-end guilds have cleared the content and achieved the timed run achievements. Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help. We don’t want progression to stagnate, and we would also like to make it worth people’s time to farm older Master Modes in order to gear up the next batch of recruits for the most current content.

In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year we’ve boosted rewards to that end, but haven’t seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in David’s post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments.

To be clear, these augments will require BOTH the PvE material (only available in Master Mode Operations) AND the PvP material (only available in Ranked) to craft. We acknowledge that many players prefer one mode over the other, however we have a robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network or simply trade chat.

Basics

The new Augments will require materials from Master Mode Operations, Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes, and the Cybertech Crew Skill to assemble the new materials. They will be Item Level 300, and named “Superior _____ Augment 77”, depending on the augment. Crafting is split between Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech (like existing augments), and those schematics will be available from the Crew Skill Trainer for 35,000 credits.

Details

• Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Vanguard in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person

[*]Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13

• 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest

[*]10% chance in daily group ranked box

• 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest

[*]25% chance in weekly solo ranked box

• 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest

[*]5% chance in daily solo ranked box

• 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest

[*]Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337

• This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits

[*]The 300 Augments ingredients are:

• 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer

[*]CM-1337 ingredients are:

• 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris

You need to make team ranked quests count for losses too or new or bad players won't even try to get these mats and become better. They will be happy at start that team ranked pops will be revived but with no proper incentives to queue it and become good they will drop it pretty fast. So please change quests as they were in ranked season 10 and i personally guarantee that ranked will be revived and you will see many old subscribers coming back to play an alive content

Edited by omaan

hitting ungeared people with fine 75K hits on my ful BiS feels so good right now. Can't wait for 11k ap to finally hit them with some juicy 80-85k hit. it will be glorious.

Since the dailies/weeklies require people to win matches in pvp these days, I suspect that very few PvE'ers will actually hit the ranked queues.

i don't agree with the changes here but most people are mainly arguing from the perspective of doing only story mode operations and you are kinda derailing any possibility of giving good feedback, you story mode gamers gotta understand you are not the target for these augments, they are not meant for you, you don't need them

No, not all gamers are the target, just those who do ranked, and NiM, but, you forget, ranked players go into normal WZ's, so they will have a big advantage over those that play normal pvp. So these augments, are in fact a target for all pvp'rs, as you will have people in pvp with them. That's a huge issue. Also, how long will it be before people in PUG groups doing HM, start to demand people have max augs, as well as equipment. And yes, it happens already.

I'm a nim player but I'm opting out from this insanity. If that means I'm not welcome into my raid group anymore, so be it.

No, not all gamers are the target, just those who do ranked, and NiM, but, you forget, ranked players go into normal WZ's, so they will have a big advantage over those that play normal pvp. So these augments, are in fact a target for all pvp'rs, as you will have people in pvp with them. That's a huge issue. Also, how long will it be before people in PUG groups doing HM, start to demand people have max augs, as well as equipment. And yes, it happens already.

its really not, I dunno which server you play on but neither of these things are happening on Malgus or Star Forge, if you are in a guild that does this and are staying there, then it's your own fault that you are experiencing this behaviour.

for pve, it won't have any impact on lower-tiered raidings like story and hardmode, or even nightmare pugs, again the only area where you might see people actively requiring them is for groups going for top 3 titles in group ranked or groups there are struggling in Nightmare Dxun

I'm a nim player but I'm opting out from this insanity. If that means I'm not welcome into my raid group anymore, so be it.

if you think that the difference between you having or not having these augments is the make or break between your raid group allowing you to be part of the team or not, I would leave now already, again most raiding groups won't care about these augments. You can compare it to the legendary augments that were created and introduced during 5.0 with schematics that flashpoint, Nathema or something. They were gained i think from pvp as well but in general not required by any raiding group to have, sure if you were underperforming with your class some raid leaders might promote you using them not I never heard of them being a requirement.

I think a lot of you need to get out of what sounds like toxic and problematic raiding groups f you think that they will start requiring you to have these augments to even raid, cause most raiding groups won't have any such ridiculous requirements

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Im a crafter, hm/nm raider and a regular pvp'er and this ideal is totally craptastic.

Crafting is already ridiculously insane, this will make it 100x worse.

I will not be going after these augments and I will not be purchasing the schematics. Im the guild crafter and I refuse to make these period.

BW/EA needs to get their head out of their arse and have a reality check.

Im a crafter, hm/nm raider and a regular pvp'er and this ideal is totally craptastic.

Crafting is already ridiculously insane, this will make it 100x worse.

I will not be going after these augments and I will not be purchasing the schematics. Im the guild crafter and I refuse to make these period.

BW/EA needs to get their head out of their arse and have a reality check.

i don't see how this is relevant, if you won't be able to acquire the materials to craft the items then it makes perfect sense that you don't buy the schematics, not sure what a "guild crafter" is but if mean that you somehow make your guildmates give you materials for you to craft, I guess if they don't do group ranked or nightmare ops it won't be an issue.

so i did some quick math

14 augments, 8 players which need 112 augments in total, so a group needs to raid for 224 hours to farm the pve material for a full group, assuming you raid 2,5 hours per day that's 90 days of raiding which, lets say you raid 3 times a week is 30 weeks of farming. this patch comes out in October this means your average group will be fully geared by May next year (again, with the pve side of material gathering)

from a nightmare player, my feedback is that this is insane :D

i don't see how this is relevant, if you won't be able to acquire the materials to craft the items then it makes perfect sense that you don't buy the schematics, not sure what a "guild crafter" is but if mean that you somehow make your guildmates give you materials for you to craft, I guess if they don't do group ranked or nightmare ops it won't be an issue.

A guild crafter is a crafter that makes their services available to the guild so the rest of the guild doesn't need to get their own schematics.

These mats will be available via the GTN but the prices will be very high. The mats from the raids will only be a fraction of the price in contrast because they will be available more easily and you need less of them so it's not even a fair balance between the two.

They would be in team ranked not doing anything that harms you.

Will those extra stats be disabled if the ranked guys wear the augments in regs?

No, of course they won’t. Which means they will make regs even more of a mockery than it already is and casual pvpers who probably need the extra stats more than the ranked guys, will be left behind to be cannon fodder.

And those of us who prefer objective pvp and are expected to carry the casuals against the premade ranked guys who come into regs, will never get our dailies or weeklies done because only wins count.

Basically, BioWare will drive more players out of causal pvp than is already happening because of the stupid wins only in regs.

There has been too much stick of late and this is another example, even if it’s not intended to be, that’s what will happen in regs.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help.

You know what would really help?

Fixing this bug-ridden cancer of an instance. Start with removing all the wipes to:

- Ultimate Hunter / Greus interrupting their telegraph and then proceed to cast it indefinitely.

- Huntmaster's desyncs in movement, Egg Shot / Powershot Volley trajectories, Bull's drifting.

- Apex's battery droid not actually spawning new battery.

- Apex doing two Salvos in a row due to displaced timings and Ultraviolence cooldown reset.

But i guess if after three patches abuse of Red Venom still persists, fixing bugs is kind of a hard job nowadays.

These augments won't solve anything. DPS checks on any of the last three bosses are already non-existent. 3,8k additional health wont help us survive desyncs and bugged abilities.