In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

People will complain abut RNG at the 306 Ilvl despite the fact it matters nothing for people doing anything but NiM Dxun.

And PvP. And I bet, there is much more PvPers than NiM Raiders. So yes, it will screw up a significant portion of the population; albeit still minority, but not just tiny minority as you seem to present here.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the PTS, those set bonuses only work up to lvl 74 and are disabled at lvl 75. I have asked numerous times if they will consider letting them also work at lvl 75, but I’ve had no response.

This is going to kill my alts, and my main. It isn't going to take long to reach lvl 75. A day or two maybe, tops, and then no set bonus until you have obtained the required number of pieces of the new crap to get your set bonus. All while playing the new content on a toon with NO SET BONUS. How is this fair? The short answer is IT ISN'T. I can honestly say that this, coupled with the astronomical increase in the Conquest objective, and the removal of the ability to actually WEAR the legacy gear I paid so much for over the past 3 years as more than just a costume, is probably going to be a deal breaker for me. Oh, I will try it, I will see if it is as bad as it seems on paper. But after slogging through, depressed because everything I know and love is gone, I will probably be forced to quit playing. Thanks EAware.

Edited by NeoBlakkrstal

How many months raiders will have to grind new gear before back to end-game content ? I have kell dragon and dread guard gear, it will lost set too ? Legacy gear dont be useful after update, right ? And set bonuses items we cant pass to each other chars, right ? Now, instead of revan set for example, I have to wear rags from drops ? Edited by Siramicus

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

Does that include items like the corrupted dread guard mask which my main marauder in carnage spec wears currently wears?

Edited by Setokai

This is going to kill my alts, and my main. It isn't going to take long to reach lvl 75. A day or two maybe, tops, and then no set bonus until you have obtained the required number of pieces of the new crap to get your set bonus. All while playing the new content on a toon with NO SET BONUS. How is this fair? The short answer is IT ISN'T. I can honestly say that this, coupled with the astronomical increase in the Conquest objective, and the removal of the ability to actually WEAR the legacy gear I paid so much for over the past 3 years as more than just a costume, is probably going to be a deal breaker for me. Oh, I will try it, I will see if it is as bad as it seems on paper. But after slogging through, depressed because everything I know and love is gone, I will probably be forced to quit playing. Thanks EAware.

Actually gearing Alts to lvl 306 will be the easiest thing of all because all the new gear is legacy bound. You won’t be going for the set bonus gear until you’re nearly 306 item rating, so it’s really easy to swap back and forth. When you get new gear from drops, it should be at or close to what you iRating is on that particular character and you can upgrade and give the lower Tier to an Alt. And so on and so on, until you get 306 iRating and 5hen a large % will be between 300-306 and you can just start sharing it around.

You’ll see what I mean when you start doing it. And it’s really simple to gear them all to 306. But where you may run into a road block is getting your set bonus stuff when you are ready to because it’s expensive and costs 3000 tech frags per piece.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

My interpretation of Musco's comment on conquest was that:

if you meet the 6.0 GUILD cap (i'm reading different numbers, could we have a clarification?), but the 5.x PERSONAL cap (15k), then you get the 6.0 GUILD rewards.

And I would add musco that I too do not like this "retroactive" set bonus moving nonsense and am frankly livid at your nerfing of the cxp boost.

It's funny, I read that completely differently.

Here's how I saw it:

If you meet X (your personal goal of 15k THIS week) & Y (the new guild goal on Tuesday) THEN you get conquest rewards.

Here's how I, someone who does not program, thinks it work.

This week you meet your goal (X) and a programming key/flag is set. Tuesday, or whenever you log in next week, the conquest system checks for (Y) & the flag for (X) and then gives you the guild rewards.

If I'm completely wrong, then I am wasting my time in game this week.

Does that include items like the corrupted dread guard mask which my main marauder in carnage spec wears currently wears?

No. I had a few toons that I copied over to PTS who had corrupted dread guard masks, and all of them had the “attuned” weapons made during KOTFE 12. Things like that are largely unchanged. That means that you will have to have your six pieces of set bonus from the non-head armor slots.

Here's how I saw it:

If you meet X (your personal goal of 15k THIS week) & Y (the new guild goal on Tuesday) THEN you get conquest rewards.

Here's how I, someone who does not program, thinks it work.

This week you meet your goal (X) and a programming key/flag is set. Tuesday, or whenever you log in next week, the conquest system checks for (Y) & the flag for (X) and then gives you the guild rewards.

If I'm completely wrong, then I am wasting my time in game this week.

This is how I read Musco’s post as well. It makes sense, after all personal rewards are delivered the moment you get them, and there hasn’t been a patch, so it can’t be moved to 50k for personal until then.

However, guild rewards are given out at 2 pm Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesdays. It is theoretically possible, if launch is smooth, that the servers will be online and people will be playing before that time. That’s why the guild goal will be judged against the new 6.0 targets.

• All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.

-eric

Eric, I echo the concerns raised in this thread about lack of clarity on this particular point you've made.

Like others, I normally have set bonus armouring in a legacy shell to move between multiple alts, with the original shell either kept in storage or sold to a vendor to help cover the costs of removing armour / mods / enhancements etc. So a few questions on this one specifically to help clarify where we're going with this;

1. Does this retroactively apply to old set bonus armourings for gear levels 50+ (for example I've still got the set bonus for level 50 - 65 characters in legacy armour for levelling purposes)
  2. How does this affect people who have pulled the set bonus armour and placed them into legacy armour shells? Do we outright lose the set bonus or are BioWare providing us with a replacement set in our inventory?
  3. What is happening with the Dark vs Light set bonus / shells? Are these being destroyed?

Some clarity from you on this subject would be appreciated, I can imagine a large portion of the player base is not going to be happy when 6.0 launches depending on the answers.

As much as I personally would have liked to keep the full 100% command XP bonus and understand the frustrations of diminished values, but this is some hyperbole. How do you spend millions in credits to unlock it? You had to buy one perk in your legacy (which will be the same in 6.0) and level 4 classes to rank 300. I don't see how you had to spend millions of credits for that.

They are saying thank you by giving out legacy titles for all the command rank achievements you earned for every class. You might not appreciate or even consider this a thank you, but it is a reward.

The one thing to remember is that the 100% boost for getting four non-mirrored base classes to 300 only worked if you were on a toon were below 300. Once you hit command rank 300 the bonus no longer applied. At least this way, the 26% bonus will apply to all your characters instead of just the ones you are leveling.

Eric, I echo the concerns raised in this thread about lack of clarity on this particular point you've made.

Like others, I normally have set bonus armouring in a legacy shell to move between multiple alts, with the original shell either kept in storage or sold to a vendor to help cover the costs of removing armour / mods / enhancements etc. So a few questions on this one specifically to help clarify where we're going with this;

1. Does this retroactively apply to old set bonus armourings for gear levels 50+ (for example I've still got the set bonus for level 50 - 65 characters in legacy armour for levelling purposes)
  2. How does this affect people who have pulled the set bonus armour and placed them into legacy armour shells? Do we outright lose the set bonus or are BioWare providing us with a replacement set in our inventory?
  3. What is happening with the Dark vs Light set bonus / shells? Are these being destroyed?

Some clarity from you on this subject would be appreciated, I can imagine a large portion of the player base is not going to be happy when 6.0 launches depending on the answers.

1). I had a toon on PTS with Tionese armor in his cargo hold. That armor showed the old Rakata bonus. Toons that had a set of Cyanosure armor (the level 60 rating 204 pvp set from 4.0) had the set bonus on the armor.

2.). As mentioned, go buy 230 gear with command tokens or loot Eternal Commander tokens from story mode ops and turn those in (individually cheaper than a 230 piece)

3.). On PTS, The experience point 7-piece bonus from the Victorious Pioneer DvL set was on the shells and was named “Darklight’s Grace”. This was broken for several PTS versions, but was finally fixed with the final version before it was closed. The rating 160 armorings that was in those and had the set bonus disappeared, and the shells just had an empty armoring slot. I suspect that you will have to submit a customer service ticket to get the shells back.

Here's how I saw it:

Forgive me if I'm being stupid here, but didnt we say the same thing?

Meet the new group/guild goal and the existing/15k personal/individual goal --> get the new guild reward.

Can we have more detail on this. For example most my set bonuses I've pulled the armoring and moved it to a legacy shell. After the update will the bonus be on the legacy shell armoring piece or on the (now empty) shell it came in?

If it is moving to the (now empty in my example) shell it came in, has the shell been converted to legacy bound?

While I dislike the retroactive portion of this change, I can work with it, but need the above information: a majority of the set bonus pieces I have, I had long ago sold the shell they came in. I need to know if I need to buy replacements to keep my set bonus, and if I need to buy multiple copies on multiple characters to not loose my set bonus for 70-74.

I would like this as well. I have a set bonus on my characters but I moved the mods into an outfit that I like better, due to the augments already being in the outfit but this sounds like you are going to be making us redo our augments every time we get an upgrade on our bonus. Not sure how I am going to like that .

Of all the changes you are making this is the most idiotic change yet. Why remove the bonus from the mod to the shell. Most of us don't use that stupid shell and already have our augments in the outfit so now you are having us redo that everytime. Yes I hated on the PTS but as usual it didn't matter to you. (You being devs-not a particular person)

Edited by casirabit

You ask the question:

Of all the changes you are making this is the most idiotic change yet. Why remove the bonus from the mod to the shell.

and give the answer:

Most of us don't use that stupid shell and already have our augments in the outfit so now you are having us redo that everytime.

Switching set bonuses from Armorings to Shells, the entirely new Amplifier mechanic with the increasing reroll costs for each singular piece and the next tier endgame crafting with high mat costs, all three things combined are a simple ploy to add more effective credit sinks into the game. There is no added benefit for the player in terms of gameplay or enjoyment, they just want to take out the inflated economy. It will definitely shrink considerably in the near future and help keeping the inflation in check, but it will also lead to more grievances for the newer, more casual players with less accumulated funds.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You ask the question:

and give the answer:

Switching set bonuses from Armorings to Shells, the entirely new Amplifier mechanic with the increasing reroll costs for each singular piece and the next tier endgame crafting with high mat costs, all three things combined are a simple ploy to add more effective credit sinks into the game. There is no added benefit for the player in terms of gameplay or enjoyment, they just want to take out the inflated economy. It will definitely shrink considerably in the near future and help keeping the inflation in check, but it will also lead to more grievances for the newer, more casual players with less accumulated funds.

Yea I figured that but that doesn't make their ideas (devs) any less idiotic and probably a way to get people to wear their stupid and ugly (my opinion) outfits. The increase in combat wasn't really that big a deal for me and some of the other changes don't bother me but this idiotic and stupid change, makes me wonder if they have any brains at all or have they taken them out and played with them and lost them. (Sorry for being so negative but this doesn't make sense)

2.). As mentioned, go buy 230 gear with command tokens or loot Eternal Commander tokens from story mode ops and turn those in (individually cheaper than a 230 piece)

That doesn't answer the question of number 2, also, I certainly don't have enough Command Tokens to even consider that option across 25 characters.

Conquest should have been turned off for this week if guilds are working toward targets that they don't realize they've no way of meeting under the new numbers.

imho, Eric & devs should make some type of 'concession' today, cuz otherwise practically every guild outside of the 'Top 10' leaderboard will be like "wut the eff?!?!!?!" on Tuesday. (Since only maybe 20% of the playerbase even bothers to read the Launcher, much less these Forums. :eek: ) .

Once again: this umm "announcement" was informed to all of us forum minority 2 DAYS late, in a random player's thread lol

Every Conquest/Invasion points value listed in-game, right now, is apparently wrong or mis-leading or however you want to phrase it. Problem is, as far as i'm aware, the Conquest code is set on a weekly timer.

Tuesday launch-day gonna be rife with issus as it is (like any update ever in any MMO) yet now we have this Conquest debacle too. Let's hope an internal discussion leads to something wise & logical today from Eric & the team to minimize the mess.

Edited by Nee-Elder