In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

That's a lot of time spent... :eek: What I did from the beginning was I kept all my 258 shells as a 'just in case' scenario.

I usually do exactly that. In fact, a month or so ago I had 236, 242, 248, 252 and some 258 sets for each Alt.

Then I’m not sure what happened. I went F2P for a few weeks and I cleared a lot of stuff out of my cargo holds.

I don’t remember selling them as it’s not something I would usually do.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually do exactly that. In fact, a month or so ago I had 236, 242, 248, 252 and some 258 sets for each Alt.

Then I’m not sure what happened. I went F2P for a few weeks and I cleared a lot of stuff out of my cargo holds.

I don’t remember selling them as it’s not something I would usually do.

If you're planning to go preferred again, and if you don't have it, you may want to buy Authorization: Artifact Equipment or you won't be able to wear any gear higher than blue quality. Now is the time to do it as it's 1,350 CC (for account wide) because of the sale.

From Level 70 to 74, do we use "Renown boost" or the normal 25% xp boost ? (the ones from class and planets story line).

I usually make sure to have a Superior Command xp boost at begining for the week to make the best of the Guild Conquest rewards. So I'm wondering if I should apply the classic xp boost instead for next week.

Thanks,

Are you sure though? Wish I could get a dev to confirm. I feel like it probably doesn't matter that I'm on a referral link right now, since all a referral actually does is add game time to your account the same way a subscription does, the entire game and website then treats me as a full subscriber, so I don't see why it wouldn't in this case you know? But hey, what do I know really.

Question: Do you want to take that chance? I would have sub to make sure all the bases are covered because in the past using a referral didn't count as a sub and if you were a sub before then a lot of the game was already unlocked, i.e. the expansions, so not really a good way to gauge the referral. But if you decided not to sub and do not get the companion, just be prepared for people to tell you, hey we told you to sub.

Should we "empty" the Galactic Stock Command window ? (ctrl+i)

I've already claimed (and spent) all the command token.

I'm mostly referring to gear pieces (the Gemini, Ossan and empty ones). Will they remain in the new Renown Stock window?

I wish you would have asked this a few days ago.

I would keep as much as possible "unclaimed" in that window. You can get a slight jump start on tech frags if you deconstruct them starting Tuesday

I would keep as much as possible "unclaimed" in that window. You can get a slight jump start on tech frags if you deconstruct them starting Tuesday

This answer my question : they may remain in the new Renown Stock window (and I'll be able to decide what to do with them)

So there is a new system introduced, and then there is a post with a couple of explanation pointers.

Who knew there would be follow up questions and confusion. Who knew ...

Also judging us with the new system of conquest when we only having access to the old system to gain points - you know thats just wrong. Not even speaking about the fact that we get informed after the fact that this will happen ... .

Considering the changes with regards to GC turning into Renown, it occurs to me that the Renown system is just an addition now to other ways of collecting gear. That's how it should be in my view, so I'm not going to put much effort into Renown. I got some of those boosts and I thought...well why? I'll just collect, gather and craft my way through it as I play. I'll happily ignore Renown and just get surprised by lacklustre loot from time to time while I gear up in other ways.

That's the plan in any case. I just think that because Renown is looking like it's going to be a step down from GC in gearing, it's not really worth paying attention to anymore and that's exactly how I like it.

Is it better to trade command tokens for gear and then sell the gear for credits

OR

Just keep the command tokens and hope for a decent credits conversion rate? :confused::rolleyes:

I decided to not hope for a decent conversion. They're being very hush-hush about the conversion (other than to say not to expect much), so I'm expecting less than much. I'm buying weapons, sticking a crystal in them, and then selling them back for credits. The weapons cost more in tokens, but I get the instant conversion to credits instead of having to wait out a timer. Already made a few million and I'm only through six characters with several more to go.

Considering the changes with regards to GC turning into Renown, it occurs to me that the Renown system is just an addition now to other ways of collecting gear. That's how it should be in my view, so I'm not going to put much effort into Renown. I got some of those boosts and I thought...well why? I'll just collect, gather and craft my way through it as I play. I'll happily ignore Renown and just get surprised by lacklustre loot from time to time while I gear up in other ways.

That's the plan in any case. I just think that because Renown is looking like it's going to be a step down from GC in gearing, it's not really worth paying attention to anymore and that's exactly how I like it.

Well I can certainly understand that approach. But I can tell you that the boosts, as they were working on PTS, were basically a threefold increase in the amount of renown from a veteran flashpoint. Since you need like 16k renown per crate, this is pretty significant. It’s true that it’s not the primary vehicle for gear acquisition, but it doesn’t hurt to have the bonus on, just like it doesn’t hurt to have Chilled Corellian Cocktail presence buff when you have your companion around. Since renown boosts cost tech fragments, and the command tokens are going 1:1 into credits, it makes far better sense to stockpile them now. I don’t have nearly the number of boosts KendraP has, but there’s no reason not to convert them today.

Is it better to trade command tokens for gear and then sell the gear for credits

OR

Just keep the command tokens and hope for a decent credits conversion rate? :confused::rolleyes:

I could be wrong about this, but I seem to remember that the conversion rate on PTS was, from at least one perspective, five credits per token. Unclaimed tokens in the command stash turned into an inventory item called credits (or maybe credits stash, I don't remember precisely), which could be sold to a vendor for five credits per item in the stack. And there was one in the stack for every command token previously there. Of course I could've counted wrong, and they could've changed it in the meantime even if I counted it right.

This answer my question : they may remain in the new Renown Stock window (and I'll be able to decide what to do with them)

I’m not sure Darev is correct. I did have a character copied from live onto PTS (early during phase 2) that happened to have one thing in his stash. It was deconstructed into Renown Points, NOT Tech Fragments. Furthermore no old gear I had in my inventory could be deconstructed.

Maybe Darev had a different experience with a character copied to a later version of PTS (after phase 3) where they know they had stuff in their stash that became tech fragments. Otherwise I highly doubt that any pre-6.0 gear in a command stash will turn into tech fragments. I’m not even sure you can collect tech fragments prior to hitting 75.

I decided to not hope for a decent conversion.

Probably wise, 3.0 saw commendations changed on a one to one basis, 4.0 saw commendations earn something small like 1500 credits if memory serves.

Memory serves correctly.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9098843&postcount=1

I wouldn't expect to receive more than 1500 credits each for Masterwork Crystals or more than 50-100 credits each for Command Tokens. Probably the wisest thing to do is to swap them for Command Boosts for conversion (if this has been confirmed?) or simply straight out swap for gear to sell for credits prior to 6.0.

Also worth noting that weapons and crystal to remove the timer is a great choice as the price of the gear may drop after 6.0 launches.

I’m not sure Darev is correct. I did have a character copied from live onto PTS (early during phase 2) that happened to have one thing in his stash. It was deconstructed into Renown Points, NOT Tech Fragments. Furthermore no old gear I had in my inventory could be deconstructed.

Maybe Darev had a different experience with a character copied to a later version of PTS (after phase 3) where they know they had stuff in their stash that became tech fragments. Otherwise I highly doubt that any pre-6.0 gear in a command stash will turn into tech fragments. I’m not even sure you can collect tech fragments prior to hitting 75.

I was wrong. You are correct.

They definitely go to Renown points.

Not really sure what I was thinking.

What are most of you doing with Unassembled Componenents (UA)? The only vendor that accepts them is that guy in Ossus in exchange for Crystals or gear in fleet. Then again no need of more crystals. Any other vendors that them them? Edited by Christie_Swift

What are most of you doing with Unassembled Componenents (UA)? The only vendor that accepts them is that guy in Ossus in exchange for Crystals or gear in fleet. Then again no need of more crystals. Any other vendors that them them?

I made sure to spend mine down across my legacy to under 500 -- or the cost of a Masterwork Crystal. I share your view that the Ilvl 252 gear is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but I figured it would give me a slight bump for some characters in Onslaught.

Moreover, the Ilvl 252 gear will at least sell to the Vendor. I trust Eric when he says that the conversion rate of UC's to credits will be awful.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

What are most of you doing with Unassembled Componenents (UA)? The only vendor that accepts them is that guy in Ossus in exchange for Crystals or gear in fleet. Then again no need of more crystals. Any other vendors that them them?

I bought 236 gear from fleet. That is gold gear that sells high in vendor.

Buy the Tier 2 unassenbled piece with just UCs, then exchange the piece and 10 to 15 Command tokens for the actual gear. Keep the gear untill refund timer runs out, then you are free to vendor it. I think this is the best credit per UC exchange.

I am completing as many story missions as possible on all six of my level seventy characters who I have taken through the story thus far. I made sure that at least my main got everything done.

What I had and still have left are the Titans of Industry flashpoints, Rise of the Rakghouls flashpoints, Kuat Drive Yards flashpoint, and the Macrobinocular and Dreadseed Heroic 4s.

Again, got all these done on my main. I also got the Heroic 4s done on my second Republic toon; so now that's three characters down for these, with the other two, including main, having done them months and years before.

I am in the process of getting these characters through the aforementioned flashpoint story missions. Five down, one more to go. Just my Imperial Agent needs them all. The other five toons already have them completed, with the exception of the Rakghouls ones, as those aren't in group finder.

All this within the past few days. I had gotten frustrated with the game, so I thought I'd take up the mantle and lead other players through the content and form groups myself instead of spending forever waiting for other people to do the same. I am a lot more experienced than I remember, even breezing through the Heroics (jumping part on Nar Shaddaa can go [censored] itself, however) so we didn't have any problems.

I organize what characters of mine have done what, as you can see here.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

I made sure to spend mine down across my legacy to under 500 -- or the cost of a Masterwork Crystal. I share your view that the Ilvl 252 gear is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but I figured it would give me a slight bump for some characters in Onslaught.

Moreover, the Ilvl 252 gear will at least sell to the Vendor. I trust Eric when he says that the conversion rate of UC's to credits will be awful.

Dasty

I too sold the UC for gear that I then vendored. 236/48 in my case, but the biggest pain was getting rid of command tokens. 396 transactions with that guy on fleet, mail them to the holding toon, repeat x the number of 70s I have.

I have seen no reason to not believe Musco when he admits something is awful. I mean things tend to be awful even when he's assuring us it's all fine, so if hes telling us something is bad...

I bought 236 gear from fleet. That is gold gear that sells high in vendor.

Buy the Tier 2 unassenbled piece with just UCs, then exchange the piece and 10 to 15 Command tokens for the actual gear. Keep the gear untill refund timer runs out, then you are free to vendor it. I think this is the best credit per UC exchange.

Thank you ALL!