In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

Honestly, I'd pick the shell you want it to be permanently moved to now, before 6.0 hits.

That won't work. Its not like the set bonus gets transferred from the armoring to whatever shell its in at the moment 6.0 goes live.

My understanding is that it'll go to the shells they came in, not whatever they're in when the update goes live. When I logged into PTS on my main, my armor didn't have a set bonus anymore, but I didn't look into it further as I thought they were outright removing older set bonuses.

If by came in, you mean whatever shell the armoring was ripped out of, regardless of whether it is in your possession any more or not, then yes, you are correct.

So all the people who pulled the 258 armorings and threw away the non-legacy shells will not be able to buy the armor until after they reach 75 and can no longer use the set bonuses to get to 75.

Hold on a sec. you mean that all the armor mods that i have pulled out of the shells and put into legacy gear will no longer have set bonuses? So now I will have 40 toons with absolutely no set bonuses in their gear because absolutely none of them have the shells anymore.

You can buy 230 shells with command tokens, and move the rating 258 item modifications into the 230 shells after the update. Or, in the coming days, if you happen to get a 244/246/248 shell from a command crate, or if you have/loot an unassembled token for anything (including Eternal Commander 236), you can use those instead. Using command tokens + an unassembled token for a 236 or 242 piece is cheaper than the command tokens alone for a 230 piece.

However, even if you cannot or don't want to do that, its not a big deal, since the pre-6.0 set bonus only works if you are between level 50 and 74. Once you ding 75 it will become inactive.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current set bonus gets disable the moment you hit lvl 75.

So it won't be usefull after that.

General gear: It will be very usefull during leveling up to 75.

After that, you will be forced to wear the new gear in order to get better gear as you increase your the average raiting.

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.

• Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.

• All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.

• The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

The best part of 6.0 is going to be experiencing the reaction to it.

Edited by jimmorrisson

My prediction...

1) People will very quickly get to Ilvl 306 because vertical gearing is actually quite easy.

2) People will complain abut RNG at the 306 Ilvl despite the fact it matters nothing for people doing anything but NiM Dxun.

3) The above- mentioned depends on how Kai Zykken plays out in final version. If you can still sell back for both credits and TF, that's a game changer.

4) People who complain about lack of content were never going to satisfied.

5) I know I'm sounding like a White Knight. Fine. Those who didn't want to gear past the story were never going to care regardless of the gear progression system.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number.

-eric[/color]

"Track against you."

What does that even mean Eric??

Could you please clarify that??

If I cap 10 toons & my guild makes the 500k but all my toons are at 15k, am I going to lose out on each of my toons because they are not at 50k?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

For those who are either shocked or mad about how the 6.0 conquest changes only benefit big guilds and penalize small guilds........where ya been? Every change to the conquest system I remember seems to have had 1 goal in mind:

- Force all players into 1 guild. We will then have ONLY 1 guild on each faction.

Same as always.

My prediction...

1) People will very quickly get to Ilvl 306 because vertical gearing is actually quite easy.

2) People will complain abut RNG at the 306 Ilvl despite the fact it matters nothing for people doing anything but NiM Dxun.

3) The above- mentioned depends on how Kai Zykken plays out in final version. If you can still sell back for both credits and TF, that's a game changer.

5) I know I'm sounding like a White Knight. Fine. Those who didn't want to gear past the story were never going to care regardless of the gear progression system.

Dasty

HA ! At least you're not up cranky old man yet !!

:D:D

BTW.. please note: I think you're pretty close to most of this.

I also believe that if the story itself isn't a slam dunk there will be even more that will be VERY unhappy. IMO … that part is still up for grabs. And to be perfectly candid there will be some people that will never be satisfied with the story either. I'm not suggesting a proper "critique" of the matter .. I mean the usual hate the entire ide of the story ( like KotFE / ET ) burn the heretic kind of dissatisfaction.

If you don't mind … since we kind of got burned a bit with the PTS thing a few weeks back.. I think I'll stick with my cautious optimism thought on the matter.

Back to topic: I have a check list to do... including cashing in some old points that have been in storage now for a while for command boosts … that sort of thing.

As for armor: I'm just going to count on a total reset for myself. IMO... It's just easier that way. Most MMO's tend to work that way with new XP's. The fact that any of it carries over is just "gravy" (so to speak).

The count down clock is ticking !

See ya around !!

My prediction...

Dasty

1) I hope you're right

2) You're absolutely right

3) Should still work that way

4) You're right again

5) I agree with the 2nd part.

Regarding how set bonuses are going to work...if it reverts back to the original shell, a LOT of people are going to be hacked off.

For what I do in game, it really won't matter...but I think it will overall.

I'm hoping something else happens, even though that is the most logical outcome.

Eric since you are going by the new conquest guild totals (500k small, 2 mil medium, 5 mil large) are you going to use a Conversion rate? so each character that hit 15k conq goal will count as 50k instead so guilds that hit the 1,130,000 large yield goal will actually hit the 5 million goal?

Same could be said for medium and small planet yields of course, I was just using the large yield as an example.

If not then this announcement should have come last Friday or Monday so guilds could have chosen the appropriate planet for this week. Now Many guilds will hit the current guild goal, but will fall far short of the amount that will be needed. This will cause many people to lose out on getting the guild rewards this week.

I put this in the other post it should have been in here.

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.

This was expected as you want everyone to be one the same level.

The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.

This was also expected.

Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.(from second post) Masterwork and Monumental Crystals will both be going away / converted to credits. The intention is that those vendors on Ossus will change to selling their items for credits. There is a known issue at launch where they are still requiring the currency which we will fix in our next patch.

"converted to credits at a low rate" Now this is normal BW cheap Expected, surprised for you to admit it. What do you mean known issue at launch if the new expac has not even launched yet? You know you are launching a broken 6.0?

All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.

Expected as the way the utilities were set up changes. Nothing new here.

All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.

Really wondering on this as I have a 216 set that when I was on the pts did not convert over properly to show that there was a set bonus originally on the gear. I am sure some still use level fifty skins that had the set bonuses as well. Really a disappointment if this does not work right. Bad enough I lose my set bonus that I have had for years to then lose it on the set I first earned it on.

Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests. (from second post) My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number.

So no one in a guild that does not get the new guild target level will get a conquest guild reward and then if they do the toon most likely will have to have had the 50k points as well. So this is is going to upset everyone even before they can even do the first quest. Yup I want my rewards I don't care if it is the old type reward or the new. What do you mean by "track against you?"

No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.

This is expected. Spend your command tokens/UA/Crystals on anything you can as they will give you pennies for what you have.

All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

I earned the 100% but then again it is so much like you to steal what does not really affect you at all. You think I care whether I get anything in this new expac? You just make it harder and harder to do things going form 5000 to 160000 to gain a crate and then take away the bonuses we worked for to get things faster. We did the work you need to leave the perk alone. Stop stealing when it does not affect the game and only gains you negativity. I expected that you would be cheap on converting all the current in game currencies, but frankly my dear you sure know how to show your Bogart.

I really hope your cust service team is ready for the storm of complaints that it is about to receive on top of all the other complaints as they witness what you did to the game. There is going to be shock on top of shock. I have had my shock since I was on PTS, but how many people really tested out the PTS? 1 percent?

If I am able to play on launch day I will be either glued to the chat box or completely ignoring it.

My interpretation of Musco's comment on conquest was that:

if you meet the 6.0 GUILD cap (i'm reading different numbers, could we have a clarification?), but the 5.x PERSONAL cap (15k), then you get the 6.0 GUILD rewards.

And I would add musco that I too do not like this "retroactive" set bonus moving nonsense and am frankly livid at your nerfing of the cxp boost.

Edited by KendraP

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

What is going to happen to Alliance Crates from Heroics?

Seems like if we still earn those at hitting level 60, then it means from 60-70 we won't be able to earn gear doing heroics. Then again, that means you'd either need to add gear to the crates, or make the gearing universal and move the crates elsewhere.

Any ideas what is going to happen with those?

And will all persons who spent millions to unlock command to 100%which is now dead going to be paid back? And only 25% going forward across legacy? When were the devs gonna tell us ty for spending all the money which is now worthless?

As much as I personally would have liked to keep the full 100% command XP bonus and understand the frustrations of diminished values, but this is some hyperbole. How do you spend millions in credits to unlock it? You had to buy one perk in your legacy (which will be the same in 6.0) and level 4 classes to rank 300. I don't see how you had to spend millions of credits for that.

They are saying thank you by giving out legacy titles for all the command rank achievements you earned for every class. You might not appreciate or even consider this a thank you, but it is a reward.

Considering the setbonus shells. Do you need to put the appropriate armourings and mods inside these to get the setbonus ? Or will they autofill? I have my gear in legacy gear and the pieces skattered among multiple toons? WIll they become legacy as well?

No, you will need an Armor shell for each piece or you will not get its set bonus.

The best thing to do at this point if you don’t already have the shells or worse, have sold them, is to got buy the cheap 230 shells with command comms

Can we have more detail on this. For example most my set bonuses I've pulled the armoring and moved it to a legacy shell. After the update will the bonus be on the legacy shell armoring piece or on the (now empty) shell it came in?

If it is moving to the (now empty in my example) shell it came in, has the shell been converted to legacy bound?

While I dislike the retroactive portion of this change, I can work with it, but need the above information: a majority of the set bonus pieces I have, I had long ago sold the shell they came in. I need to know if I need to buy replacements to keep my set bonus, and if I need to buy multiple copies on multiple characters to not loose my set bonus for 70-74.

The answer will most probably be the same as I discovered on the PTS.

Armoring mods will definitely not give you the set bonus anymore. Only the actual Armor shells (full or empty) And no, they aren’t converted to legacy. Only the new gear in the game is legacy.

On the PTS, those set bonuses only work up to lvl 74 and are disabled at lvl 75. I have asked numerous times if they will consider letting them also work at lvl 75, but I’ve had no response.

But just incase, I’m going to make sure I have set bonus shells for each lvl 70

The old set bonuses being tied to shells means you can use any mix of 230, 236, 240, 242, 246, 248, 252 or 258. So you don’t necessarily need them all at the same LvL as any mix will still give you the set bonus between lvl 70 and lvl 74

So all the people who pulled the 258 armorings and threw away the non-legacy shells will not be able to buy the armor until after they reach 75 and can no longer use the set bonuses to get to 75.

The other option is to buy the cheap 230 sets or use any remaining unassembled components to buy the 236 armor.

FYI, it’s why I never through out old shells. Which I know doesn’t help people who have.

I’m predicting an out roar of emotion, confusion and rage, with a little bit of good, as well as white knighting on these forums, Reddit and twitter.

Those of us who were on the pts know mostly what’s coming, so we’re semi prepared mentally. A heap of feed back from the pts seems to have been ignored by Bioware and only smallish changes were made.

All the fundamental problems with the systems and changes are still there and I doubt the last week and half has changed their minds.

Unless the story is golden enough to take people’s minds off all the bad changes (not just my opinion, but many who tested), this has the potential to kill the player base and hence, the game. Which I really hope isn’t the case, but I’ve this foreboding this isn’t going to end well.

What is going to happen to Alliance Crates from Heroics?

Seems like if we still earn those at hitting level 60, then it means from 60-70 we won't be able to earn gear doing heroics. Then again, that means you'd either need to add gear to the crates, or make the gearing universal and move the crates elsewhere.

Any ideas what is going to happen with those?

Been asking for weeks now. You’d think by now they could give us an answer. Usually when they are silent it’s because they know there will be a bad reaction. Case in point, remember how they didn’t tell us they were relocating the west coast server.

I’m predicting an out roar of emotion, confusion and rage, with a little bit of good, as well as white knighting on these forums, Reddit and twitter.

Those of us who were on the pts know mostly what’s coming, so we’re semi prepared mentally. A heap of feed back from the pts seems to have been ignored by Bioware and only smallish changes were made.

All the fundamental problems with the systems and changes are still there and I doubt the last week and half has changed their minds.

Unless the story is golden enough to take people’s minds off all the bad changes (not just my opinion, but many who tested), this has the potential to kill the player base and hence, the game. Which I really hope isn’t the case, but I’ve this foreboding this isn’t going to end well.

If you are going into it preparing to be negative, then I doubt you'll be able to have any reaction but.

I am going to keep an open mind.

And will all persons who spent millions to unlock command to 100%which is now dead going to be paid back? And only 25% going forward across legacy? When were the devs gonna tell us ty for spending all the money which is now worthless?

Have to agree with Phaz that it only needed to be unlocked once.

Plus, with all the credit sinks added to 6.0 that cost literally million, apon millions, there is zero hope of them giving us credits back when their design is to remove credits from the game (which is a failed idea IMO).

Consider this, you will have to pay 1 million to buy each piece of set bonus Armor and also 3000 tech fragments (which are legacy capped at 5000). So that is 7 million right there (including tactical) to gear one character in 306 set bonus Armor and they don’t even come with any internal armoring, mods or enhancements.

Also, you have amplifiers you might want to reroll and on the pts (with unlimited funds), I spent 4 billion credits and still didn’t get all the ones I wanted.

Crafting cost have also dramatically increased across the board. That includes mission and vendor mats.

Another credit sink which I just thought of is ALL the vendor stuff that currently require their own game currency will now cost credits to buy. And my bet is they also won’t be cheap. I would expect millions to buy certain items.

There are other increases to current credit sinks too.... just too many to list them all.

If you are going into it preparing to be negative, then I doubt you'll be able to have any reaction but.

I am going to keep an open mind.

I’m just being realistic and telling it like it is from my perspective after testing for many weeks and over 40+ hours. I know what’s coming with regards to the systems.

But I’ve no idea about the new area or story. That part I am optimistic about and I hope its enough to over shadow the negatives.

I’m mostly mentally prepared, I think if I was going into it blind folded, it would be a massive shock and that’s what I’m referring too.

Hey all!

• The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

Some of the conversions/loss of currency seem overly harsh on things players may have worked hard on; while there seems to be a move to reset the gear grind upon hitting 75 where current set bonus suddenly disappear etc and the new gear grind has everyone starting again going through green, blue, etc just to up their gear rating.

While the level of new content does not seem to be sufficient to cover this new gear grind, now Keith appears to think players will repeat Hammer Station 1000 times provided you offer something carrot, maybe some will. But if we take the new story content (I'm hoping for 10+ hours, I sadly think I will need to lower my expectations) will get us through 70 to 75. At which point we restart the grind.

Now anything from Galactic Command, Ossus, Dantooine or any content added in the last 2 years is being converted into a few credits so none of that will help. So at 75, and possibly 8 tiers or more of grinding (with RNG etc I believe it will be more) there are 2 group based things to do (one flashpoint and one operation) as the only new content to do all this grinding. No new daily area? No new solo friendly content? While from the PTS it seems even the crafting route is never going to happen with the new level 11 mats being required in such vast numbers.

While I may not agree with Keiths views on content as Grinding is better than new content, who does this new system appeal to? It seems causals that come back for the story will get to 75 with Ossus credit purchased 258 gear (though will have to wait for a Patch cause it seems even after a month bugs are going in live) and then say hell no to that grind. While long term loyal players say you know what if Im going to be expected to redo the entire grind with minimal new content, why not go play something else. I know there have been comparisons made to the Elder Scrolls Online gearing and the new system, are you aware despite year on year out massive content additions my gold 160 gear has remained as viable as the day I got it shortly after visiting Orsinium. I get to jump in and play new content without having to gear grind old content, with there latest content coming the 21st of October.

So TLDR: Is resetting the grind at level 75 with only 2 pieces of new content both group based really the best thing for the game or a healthy player base, or will it be the kick to get people to say if everything for the last 8 years is now worth a few credits, I'll go try something else.

Edited by Costello

[*]All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.

-eric

I really hope this is not what we had up until 1.3 or 1.4 (sorry can't remember now). Also the customization system also never seems to work well on my characters. The current system with Armoring was very close to perfect. Why would you change such a system. Baffles me. If RNG is how it was at 5.9 it is not so bad in my case doing mostly PvP.

At this stage we wait and see what happens from Tuesday onwards.

Hey all!

[...]

[*]Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

[...]

Thanks all!

-eric

Sorry, but this is not our fault!

Guild invasions were set to the actual goals and if the player think, they could handle these. Now you are coming around, way to late and wanna tell us, that we have to do 5 times more points, because you are not able to convert these? Sorry, but take the time, find a solution or open your umbrella for the upcoming *****torm and tons of reports the the CS, because of your misinformation.

Even if our guild could handle that, it is a kick in the arse for every active smaller guild. And i don't care if you do it on your own, adding the missing points if the goals are already reached. Do it.

This would be a complete other topic, if you told it to every guild leader, a week before, but not now, when every insavion is already set. That is not acceptable.

Otherwise i'm also okay with the idea, that you are going to every staffmember and tell them, that they only get paid this week, if they are doing 5 times more hours this week. So 200h instead of 40h, for the same payment. Maybe some real forks and torches are also a good motivation for finding a solution.

Edited by fabsus

Hey all!

It sure would have been nice to know this Tuesday when Conquest objective was chosen. Thanks a bunch for screwing all the small guilds who setup based on the old system. Guess this was something else the Huge guilds wanted. I know none of the three guilds that I am a part of will be making goal this week. Thanks a lot for breaking the game a week early. Good job EAware!!

Edited by NeoBlakkrstal