In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One little thing that hasn't been mentioned much - The GR crates won't drop the fluff that is in GC crates. The pets and mounts were for sale for credits on fleet, but they are significantly more expensive than the ones currently on the GTN. I didn't notice if the cosmetic shells were on a vendor. I didn't see one, but I didn't really look. I would buy any of that fluff that you want now, rather than wait.

They’re in the same “Supplies” section of the fleet as the Takanna/Nitoo vendors that sell RNG stuff for a few hundred TF’s. The caption under their name says “Spoils of War.”

Can anyone confirm/deny whether the free Nautolan species unlock for being subbed before the 22nd applies to people still playing on a referral subscription rather than having purchased time? I always use a referral for the first week when I return to the game after these absences since you can use one every 90 days and all, wondering if it'll end up costing me in the end since I won't be an official sub until next week now

They’re in the same “Supplies” section of the fleet as the Takanna/Nitoo vendors that sell RNG stuff for a few hundred TF’s. The caption under their name says “Spoils of War.”

Making sure I understand. So the cosmetic outfits and weapons are on a different vendor from the pets and mounts and sell for tech fragments rather than credits? Did the armor & weapon shells have a credit cost, or just tech fragments? The pets and mounts were just credits, but expensive compared to the GTN. If I remember correctly, the pets started at 250k per pet and mounts started around 1 million.

3000 tech fragments each piece and tech fragments legacy capped at 5000.

Ok, it was funny for a second. Where are the cameras ? It's a prank, right? One thing however, April Fools was 6 month ago.

Sad to say, it’s no joke. Let’s just pray they’ve changed it from the pts last week.

Have no idea if it was mentioned here in this post or else where, and I might of missed it.

But are gifts for companion influence going to change or pretty much remain the same? The system I mean.

They should be the same as far as I can tell from the limited testing on the pts

Can anyone confirm/deny whether the free Nautolan species unlock for being subbed before the 22nd applies to people still playing on a referral subscription rather than having purchased time? I always use a referral for the first week when I return to the game after these absences since you can use one every 90 days and all, wondering if it'll end up costing me in the end since I won't be an official sub until next week now

You need to sub

Have to agree with Phaz that it only needed to be unlocked once.

Plus, with all the credit sinks added to 6.0 that cost literally million, apon millions, there is zero hope of them giving us credits back when their design is to remove credits from the game (which is a failed idea IMO).

Consider this, you will have to pay 1 million to buy each piece of set bonus Armor and also 3000 tech fragments (which are legacy capped at 5000). So that is 7 million right there (including tactical) to gear one character in 306 set bonus Armor and they don’t even come with any internal armoring, mods or enhancements.

Also, you have amplifiers you might want to reroll and on the pts (with unlimited funds), I spent 4 billion credits and still didn’t get all the ones I wanted.

Crafting cost have also dramatically increased across the board. That includes mission and vendor mats.

Another credit sink which I just thought of is ALL the vendor stuff that currently require their own game currency will now cost credits to buy. And my bet is they also won’t be cheap. I would expect millions to buy certain items.

There are other increases to current credit sinks too.... just too many to list them all.

Billions? The best my highest toon has reached is 21 million! I guess that would make me a casual player that just does not have the time to devote to this game to make credits in the billions... If the cost of getting better gear is going this way I guess I better be prepared to be disappointed with 6.0. Looks like I won't be crafting much anymore either, it sounds like I won't be able to afford it. We'll see after the 'upgrade' launches. At least I have many empty shells, maybe I can do something with those.

Yea, the good thing is when this is released I will not be able to play for a few days. I have finals for this semester that is ending next week so I will need to wait to play.

Just spent the last 14.5 hours mostly grinding Korriban Incursion (veteran) with my wife on 18 different characters to try and get set bonuses and extra comms/UC’s to buy any extra gear that didn’t drop.

We just finished (10:30pm) and all my lvl 70s have at least some semblance of the current set bonuses. Ranging from 230 to 258 gear.

Just spent the last 14.5 hours mostly grinding Korriban Incursion (veteran) with my wife on 18 different characters to try and get set bonuses and extra comms/UC’s to buy any extra gear that didn’t drop.

We just finished (10:30pm) and all my lvl 70s have at least some semblance of the current set bonuses. Ranging from 230 to 258 gear.

That's a lot of time spent... :eek: What I did from the beginning was I kept all my 258 shells as a 'just in case' scenario.

I had about 30k command tokens. Even after buying a holds worth of command/renown boosts I had more than enough to buy any 230 gear I needed. Now I have to decide what to do with the rest. Not really interested in more boosts (maybe I'll buy a few more). But the rest. Hold onto them and get the credits? Eat them for the CXP? Buy as much 230 gear as I can then sell it after the timer runs out? Decisions, decisions.

So with this horrible new gearing system, if I get a drop that's better than what I have, I have to equip it to have any hopes of getting better gear to drop? Even if that means massively over stacking accuracy (or crit/alacrity/etc) because it's better to have that next ilevel step rather than having the stat you want? My rng luck is pretty godawful (so many weeks on Ossus getting the same thing I didn't need over and over) so my expectations of ever getting stats I want to drop on the way to 306 (lol) is non existent.

None of my characters but my Knight still have the full 252 shells (I made a 'legacy' set for other classes from multiple characters so none of them have the full shell but the Knight) but even then with the cost it takes to pull the mods out it'd not be worth the credits to stick them back in his old shells. :( I'm going to miss having my set bonuses and having my augments. I liked set bonus being on the armouring instead because it meant I didn't have to keep augmenting new gear every time I got a step up (lower tier-248-252) but I'm certainly not going to be augmenting this gear any time soon. :o

I had about 30k command tokens. Even after buying a holds worth of command/renown boosts I had more than enough to buy any 230 gear I needed. Now I have to decide what to do with the rest. Not really interested in more boosts (maybe I'll buy a few more). But the rest. Hold onto them and get the credits? Eat them for the CXP? Buy as much 230 gear as I can then sell it after the timer runs out? Decisions, decisions.

One slight QOL improvement in this is that new Renown boosts stacked on PTS unlike the Command boosts, so you should be able to claim back some room.

So with this horrible new gearing system, if I get a drop that's better than what I have, I have to equip it to have any hopes of getting better gear to drop? Even if that means massively over stacking accuracy (or crit/alacrity/etc) because it's better to have that next ilevel step rather than having the stat you want? My rng luck is pretty godawful (so many weeks on Ossus getting the same thing I didn't need over and over) so my expectations of ever getting stats I want to drop on the way to 306 (lol) is non existent.

None of my characters but my Knight still have the full 252 shells (I made a 'legacy' set for other classes from multiple characters so none of them have the full shell but the Knight) but even then with the cost it takes to pull the mods out it'd not be worth the credits to stick them back in his old shells. :( I'm going to miss having my set bonuses and having my augments. I liked set bonus being on the armouring instead because it meant I didn't have to keep augmenting new gear every time I got a step up (lower tier-248-252) but I'm certainly not going to be augmenting this gear any time soon. :o

The best thing to do is ignore your stats until you get into the 300 rating range. Save your tech frags. Spend some on occasion on RNG gear from Takana to bring up a slot that is lagging behind. Once you get into the 300 range (or as you get close to TF cap) buy a piece of set bonus gear from one of the vendors (random Kai or the static vendor) and start building the set of shells you want. Once your irating is in the 300's start buying mods. If it still works the way it did on PTS, if you get something you don't like immediately sell it back for a refund of your TFs and try again (after some recent announcements I'd expect that to be broken). As you replace gear think about keeping pieces until you have a full 12 piece set (left and right pieces minus main/off-hand, use tech frags for those). The stats don't matter. What matters is having the high irating so that character starts getting drops in the 300 range without having to climb through each level of gear. Remember that everything will now be bound to legacy so you can pass that set around to every character you have and give them a head start on their gear.

The best thing to do is ignore your stats until you get into the 300 rating range. Save your tech frags. Spend some on occasion on RNG gear from Takana to bring up a slot that is lagging behind. Once you get into the 300 range (or as you get close to TF cap) buy a piece of set bonus gear from one of the vendors (random Kai or the static vendor) and start building the set of shells you want. Once your irating is in the 300's start buying mods. If it still works the way it did on PTS, if you get something you don't like immediately sell it back for a refund of your TFs and try again (after some recent announcements I'd expect that to be broken). As you replace gear think about keeping pieces until you have a full 12 piece set (left and right pieces minus main/off-hand, use tech frags for those). The stats don't matter. What matters is having the high irating so that character starts getting drops in the 300 range without having to climb through each level of gear. Remember that everything will now be bound to legacy so you can pass that set around to every character you have and give them a head start on their gear.

I'm really going to miss having that 1.3 gc on certain classes. I guess I'll stop caring about the stats and only about the ilevel until I get higher, ugh, that's going to be a horrible mess of stats. :(

You need to sub

Are you sure though? Wish I could get a dev to confirm. I feel like it probably doesn't matter that I'm on a referral link right now, since all a referral actually does is add game time to your account the same way a subscription does, the entire game and website then treats me as a full subscriber, so I don't see why it wouldn't in this case you know? But hey, what do I know really.

The best thing to do is ignore your stats until you get into the 300 rating range.

That's one of my main beefs with the new gearing system. It's technically right, but will lead to horrible pug groups with bad stats while everyone rushes to gear up.

Best thing will probably be to avoid doing any of the HM content for at least a month, maybe longer, after 6.0 goes live.

The current conquest goal should be what it is currently showing in game. It's completely unfair to expect guilds to reach nearly 4x more points than normal with the current conquest, especially since we weren't even told this was the case until 2 days after we already picked a planet. I'm also willing to bet most guilds still don't know this is the case and are working their butts off trying to reach their conquest goal. Imagine the frustration awaiting them when they realize the goal was a lie (just like the cake!).

QFE , and here's the TRUTH about it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9773436#post9773436

I can't believe more players aren't annoyed at this situation tbh. But i guess, by now after 8 years, most forum users have a practiced indifference. :cool:

Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric

Regarding the Command Rank, is it still being changed to Renown but still reset to 0? Am I understanding this correctly?

Regarding the Command Rank, is it still being changed to Renown but still reset to 0? Am I understanding this correctly?

yes.

They said in one of the early streams/interviews that they are going to periodically reset renown back to zero, making it, basically, like pvp seasons.

There won't be any goal / rewards (at least according to them a few months ago) just the occasional reset back to zero.

Starting with Tuesday.

yes.

They said in one of the early streams/interviews that they are going to periodically reset renown back to zero, making it, basically, like pvp seasons.

There won't be any goal / rewards (at least according to them a few months ago) just the occasional reset back to zero.

Starting with Tuesday.

Thanks for the reply! But why is Renown going to be reset periodically?

Thanks for the reply! But why is Renown going to be reset periodically?

From what I understand it's going to be a bit like seasons for pvp. They didn't say much about it but it could imply that new rewards could be introduced with each reset. Just a theory though.

From what I understand it's going to be a bit like seasons for pvp. They didn't say much about it but it could imply that new rewards could be introduced with each reset. Just a theory though.

While they may implement that in the future, they made clear that for now Renown offers nothing more than bragging rights and maxes out at level 999. Each level is a static gain.

This begs the question, of course, why have ranks? I guess some people care about bragging rights. Personally, I don't.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

While they may implement that in the future, they made clear that for now Renown offers nothing more than bragging rights and maxes out at level 999. Each level is a static gain.

This begs the question, of course, why have ranks? I guess some people care about bragging rights. Personally, I don't.

Dasty

Neither do I, but I don't think Renown will be something that will be in my gearing strategy. Just something that happens when it happens.

Should we "empty" the Galactic Stock Command window ? (ctrl+i)

I've already claimed (and spent) all the command token.

I'm mostly referring to gear pieces (the Gemini, Ossan and empty ones). Will they remain in the new Renown Stock window?