In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

Christie_Swift

If they are unchanged, does this then mean we won't be earning gear for completing Heroic Missions, because it'll be Alliance Crates instead? Doesn't that take away from the concept of gearing while playing whatever content we want? :rak_02:

Maybe he means this is what we'll get up to 70 and whatever 6.0 gives will drop 70-75?

Or maybe I'm hallucinating and being overly optimistic. I thought I was over thay problem.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Amplifiers are huge credit sink. Crafting is not a huge credit sink, merely a 8% GTN fee when bying mats from other players, the rest 92% of credits are simply transfered from one player to another- that's not a credit sink.

Crafting is a credit sink not just for sending out missions but the new white mats come in green and blue as well and are expensive compared to the rest. Add on top the entry fee of a half million per craft and it adds up minimum to have the all is eight million. Add on fuel(white mats) and then gathering time {Time is money, friend} and you have a credit sink which a non crafter does not see.

If augments are going to be as hard and expensive to craft for mk11 then the prices you pay now for mk10 are a drop in the bucket.

Your set bonus will vanish and not be transferred to the skin you are using it will be on any previous set gear that you acquired. Whether level fifty all the way to 258. I just hope they do not miss any single piece. Buying 230 gear is a good plan if you have no skins left.

Augmentation.

It will only be done once per piece.

Most I am sure from the data they have wear the armor they augmented so ever long ago and use the outfitter for the look. There are those that do not use the outfitter as they like only that look and that is the armor they augmented.

Now they will have to augment the new set gear they get and use the outfitter. Once that set piece is augmented that is it. No more augmenting. A new set piece and yes you will have to augment it. Once you have a set then you can pass it around with augments to other alts if it is a general set so works with many alts.

To be honest they could have taken away all gear and just given you slots to fill on your character sheet to put the armoring, mods, and enhancements in. (This would give a new meaning to fighting naked.)

That the crate question has been answered is nice, but the jilting of the community is still going to sting.

Just think that the new gearing will be easy and hard at the same time. All new gearing levels are no matter what game.

My goal is a BiS set of gear a leveling set I pass around and maybe a healer tank set that I pass around. Four to five sets at most and I do not expect to get it any time soon. I just hope there are no unseen time gates with Tech fragments. That the mat time gates have been completely removed from crafting except for final gear IE 306 or the crafted set bonus.

Expect the worse, hope for the best, settle for something in between. Still, doesn't make me less angry.

Edited by Hawkebatt
Adding more

Putting it into context for the reasoning behind this, if I choose to level a new character I have available a set bonus from 50-70, however without the original armour in pretty much every single case due it being in legacy bound armour.

You'll have it until level 74. But its a moot point, because you can't trade it to your alts.

I want to make clear that my response to you was not to defend or prosecute BW, simply to inform you of the options. For the record, I'm not keen on the way BW chose to address this either, even though I can guess at the probable logistic challenge. The set boni have names, they are tracked as belonging to certain shells, "Ultimate Exarch Eliminator," "Rakata War Leader," "Masterwork Force Mystic" and so on. Its therefore going to be hard for the Devs to apply/move the set bonus from an armoring to a shell that could be literally anything in the game. Its going to be easier for them to just do a database "search and replace" sort of thing which checks the name of the shell against a list and if it has a certain name it gets such and such bonus. I get what you're saying: make a vendor that sold the blue Gemini MK-2 rating 244 shells or whatever, bound to legacy, that people could use from 50-74. I'd be ok with that.

But, think about it this way. Any player who currently does not have any toon at the LIVE level cap of 70 probably doesn't have a set bonus. I mean, there will be some folks who left the game immediately before 5.0 and maybe all they have are Cyanosure rating 204 tier 1 pvp gear. Or, that poster above who said they had Rakata gear. I'd bet that's a minority of people. I don't think Bioware intends for those characters to be running around in any set bonus other than the DvL Victorious Pioneer (soon to be known as "Darklight's Grace"). Certainly any new player who joins the game after 6.0 won't have access to those set bonuses normally, and I don't think they want people fixating too much on gear that will be obsolete as soon as they hit level cap.

In the end, its 5 levels. Meaning, five levels until the set bonuses don't work anymore. So, its not worth quibbling over.

Maybe he means this is what we'll get up to 70 and whatever 6.0 gives will drop 70-75?

Or maybe I'm hallucinating and being overly optimistic. I thought I was over thay problem.

I hope it works as:

1.) Champions that are in the open world areas, mission spawns, or bonus missions of planetary heroics start dropping the datacron decorations like they used to before 4.0, regardless of character level.

2.) Character Level 50 and above, you start earning locked Alliance Supply Crates, from then until perpetuity, from planetary heroics, as it currently works on LIVE right now.

3.) Above level 75, you ALSO earn whatever you're supposed to earn from Spoils of War. The loot tables aren't replaced, just appended.

4.) [WEEKLY] missions drop special Spoils of War crates with a higher chance at the bonus gear specified here than the crates that drop from dailies.

I hope it works as:

1.) Champions that are in the open world areas, mission spawns, or bonus missions of planetary heroics start dropping the datacron decorations like they used to before 4.0, regardless of character level.

2.) Character Level 50 and above, you start earning locked Alliance Supply Crates, from then until perpetuity, from planetary heroics, as it currently works on LIVE right now.

3.) Above level 75, you ALSO earn whatever you're supposed to earn from Spoils of War. The loot tables aren't replaced, just appended.

4.) [WEEKLY] missions drop special Spoils of War crates with a higher chance at the bonus gear specified here than the crates that drop from dailies.

Somehow i dont think they have reworked the loot system completely so that 1) will happen

Not when I have augmented my combat gear and now everytime I upgrade to a new set bonus I have to redo that again so the designer does nothing for the economic impacts for that since according to Eric's post they are removing the set bonus from the armor/modification and putting it on the shells now which means everytime you upgrade to a new tier/set bonus you have to redo the augmentations.

I know this isn’t what you will want to hear (because I didn’t want to either). But these are ways it will ultimately work as you gear from lvl 70-74 is this.

1. You can choose to still use your set bonus lvl 70 Armor shells (if you have them) and apply new augment kits. But if you want to do this, you will be running an iRating (total gear item rating) lower than the possible gear you can pick up if you are using the old internals which max out at 258.

2. You can forget about using augments on your you set bonus gear and just use the “best/highest” iRated gear you pick up for each slot. This will allow you to keep pushing your total iRating up and have a better chance of getting the next tier of gear. (This will be the best option for gearing up the fastest).

3. You can of course do it the absolute hardest and most expansive way (in terms of tech fragments) and buy armoring, mods and enhancements from the RNG vendor and keep adding those to your old set bonus Armor as you lvl up. This would allow you to keep using your set bonus Armor and augments. But it will be the worst possible way to do it.

4. You can wait until you get the new set bonus gear and add augments to it. But remember, the new gear from the direct sale vendors (not the RNG ones) have no internal mods etc. it’s at this point that you switch to buying mods from the RNG vendor and set bonus gear. (Some will drop in game, but don’t rely on it)

You might be asking what’s the point in keeping the old set bonus gear if I won’t use it as I lvl between 70-74 (because it won’t work at lvl 75).

1. You can still use it if you want it for pvp.

2. You can still use it for lower lvl content that you might want the current set bonus for

3. You might be hoping Bioware decide to allow the old set bonuses to work at lvl 75 (this is the reason I want to keep my older set bonus gear)

Honestly, as I write this out, I’ve come to realise that most people will be better off if they just forget about the old gear (unless you are hoping they will allow it to work at lvl 75).

As for augments. You basically won’t or don’t need them till you get to lvl 75. You won’t be able to min max the new stuff properly as you lvl because there is something like 12-18 different versions of every item piece.

That includes ear, implants, relics, weapons, ALL non set bonus Armor, mods, armoring, enhancements, hilts and barrels.

The gear also goes from an iRating of 268 to 306 with intervals of 2. ie 268, 270, 272, all the way to 306

Which means you won’t be worrying about Augments until you get 306 gear. Then you can choose to augment the non set bonus gear or not. Augmenting gear below 306 will be a complete waste of credits augments kits because you be swapping it out every ilvl.

I will be augmenting my non set bonus 306 gear to swap to my Alts while I try to get them set bonus gear.

At the end of the day, it’s not the augment situation thats going to kill your fun. It’s the RNGness and number of ilvl gear grind you will need to do just to get to 306 and start worrying about trying to min maxing again with more RNGness to fill in your set bonus gear.

Edit : something people might also not realise is gear colour (green, blue etc) is now based on the gear ilvl. So the first bracket from 268 to 278 is all green, 280 to 288 is all blue, 290 to 298 is all purple and 300 to 306 is gold.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Just the idea of having to constantly re-augment shell's is going to be annoying. The change was literally just to create a credit sink.

Please don’t do that. It’s not need and will be a complete waste of credits and your time. But if you do it, then yes, it will be one massive credit sink.

I think the problem here is people don’t understand how the iRating and gearing works.

As an example, if you have all 280 gear on, you will have an iRating of 280. Now with the new gearing system, you won’t ever pick up 300 iRated gear while you have an iRating of 280.

The iRating of the gear that drops from content or the RNG vendor is dependent on your total iRating of gear. Which means you will always want to use the highest iRated item even if its secondary stats are not balanced properly (compared to what you have on). That is the only way you will steadily climb the iRating ladder to 306 gear.

I know this isn’t what you will want to hear (because I didn’t want to either). But these are ways it will ultimately work as you gear from lvl 70-74 is this.

1. You can choose to still use your set bonus lvl 70 Armor shells (if you have them) and apply new augment kits. But if you want to do this, you will be running an iRating (total gear item rating) lower than the possible gear you can pick up if you are using the old internals which max out at 258.

2. You can forget about using augments on your you set bonus gear and just use the “best/highest” iRated gear you pick up for each slot. This will allow you to keep pushing your total iRating up and have a better chance of getting the next tier of gear. (This will be the best option for gearing up the fastest).

3. You can of course do it the absolute hardest and most expansive way (in terms of tech fragments) and buy armoring, mods and enhancements from the RNG vendor and keep adding those to your old set bonus Armor as you lvl up. This would allow you to keep using your set bonus Armor and augments. But it will be the worst possible way to do it.

4. You can wait until you get the new set bonus gear and add augments to it. But remember, the new gear from the direct sale vendors (not the RNG ones) have no internal mods etc. it’s at this point that you switch to buying mods from the RNG vendor and set bonus gear. (Some will drop in game, but don’t rely on it)

You might be asking what’s the point in keeping the old set bonus gear if I won’t use it as I lvl between 70-74 (because it won’t work at lvl 75).

2. You can still use it for lower lvl content that you might want the current set bonus for

3. You might be hoping Bioware decide to allow the old set bonuses to work at lvl 75 (this is the reason I want to keep my older set bonus gear)

Honestly, as I write this out, I’ve come to realise that most people will be better off if they just forget about the old gear (unless you are hoping they will allow it to work at lvl 75).

As for augments. You basically won’t or don’t need them till you get to lvl 75. You won’t be able to min max the new stuff properly as you lvl because there is something like 12-18 different versions of every item piece.

That includes ear, implants, relics, weapons, ALL non set bonus Armor, mods, armoring, enhancements, hilts and barrels.

The gear also goes from an iRating of 268 to 306 with intervals of 2. ie 268, 270, 272, all the way to 306

Which means you won’t be worrying about Augments until you get 306 gear. Then you can choose to augment the non set bonus gear or not. Augmenting gear below 306 will be a complete waste of credits augments kits because you be swapping it out every ilvl.

I will be augmenting my non set bonus 306 gear to swap to my Alts while I try to get them set bonus gear.

At the end of the day, it’s not the augment situation thats going to kill your fun. It’s the RNGness and number of ilvl gear grind you will need to do just to get to 306 and start worrying about trying to min maxing again with more RNGness to fill in your set bonus gear.

Edit : something people might also not realise is gear colour (green, blue etc) is now based on the gear ilvl. So the first bracket from 268 to 278 is all green, 280 to 288 is all blue, 290 to 298 is all purple and 300 to 306 is gold.

or unsub

Hey all,

Alliance Crates are unchanged in Onslaught. You will still get them from Heroics and can turned them in as you did previously.

-eric

Cool thanks but.... What about the CONQUEST situation?

Please re-consider, since we (the forum minority) was notified in some dude's random thread 2 days after Conquest had already started AND in-game it gives absolutely zero notification for the rest of the playerbase who still thinks Conquest points requirement are as currently shown on the 'invasions' ui

Edited by Nee-Elder

No thank you... just raise the GC Point Cap.

It's a great thing for the players that want to get gear. If they didn't do that, I would have had to use a token to 70 on a new toon to get it to raiding again since a toon at 300 would gear up a lot slower than one at 1.

It's a great thing for the players that want to get gear. If they didn't do that, I would have had to use a token to 70 on a new toon to get it to raiding again since a toon at 300 would gear up a lot slower than one at 1.

The new renouned system or “galactic command” will hardly matter to gearing even if they kept it as it was and add new lvls,

You will get a crap load of drops from playing content that will make you gear faster before you can even craft the most basic Armor (R.I.P. crafting).

GC or renound won’t impact anything and they could have removed it entirely with no impact to the game play being released on 6.0. I think the reason they didn’t was because of the outrage players would have had.

You've no doubt heard it reported that " IF it aint broke … don't fix it !!" And many would agree !

But for some odd reason there is an unusually odd somewhat twisted counter point to that:

" If it aint broke … then someone spent WAAAAYYYY to much money on the entire project !!!"

IMO … it only stands to reason that … if we look at both side of this entire matter ob ...ject iv... ly

Sorry !! Hang on !! (again)

**** sigh ****

This …[/ tap-tap]

Silly ball … [/tap-tap-tap]

Seems …. [/tap-tap-tap]

To have .... .[/tap-tap-tap-tap]

STOPED WORKING [/ tap-tap-tap-tap]

AGAIN !! …..

I'll have to get back with you later … (again)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/1b/72/681b724f275064267d98ef95e4fc0d59.jpg

The current conquest goal should be what it is currently showing in game. It's completely unfair to expect guilds to reach nearly 4x more points than normal with the current conquest, especially since we weren't even told this was the case until 2 days after we already picked a planet. I'm also willing to bet most guilds still don't know this is the case and are working their butts off trying to reach their conquest goal. Imagine the frustration awaiting them when they realize the goal was a lie (just like the cake!). Edited by crimsoncheeto

Thanks Trixxie but you can leave the first one off my list.

I still think they were not thinking when they did this

Thanks Trixxie but you can leave the first one off my list.

I still think they were not thinking when they did this

I understand where your coming from and I definitely don’t like the fact that they become disabled at lvl 75, but I can understand why they had to change it so that it’s on shells and not armoring.

I also know what a pain it is because I want to have a set for all 30 of my lvl 70s and I’ve either sold them by accident or they don’t have them at all because I disintegrated them because I already had a “legacy” set I swapped back and forth.

I’ve been grinding content on each one today to try and get them some pieces before I have to spend any currency to buy what doesn’t drop.

What Bioware could do is replace the shells if you have the armoring equipped.

The other thing I’ve been think about is they may still be available to buy with credits after launch. But I’m not sure where they would locate the vendor(s).

I’m really hoping that down the track they will allow the old set bonuses to work at lvl 75.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.

-eric

With which values for guild conquest requirements points ?

With which values for guild conquest requirements points ?

Another Example of lack of communication from BW. They did not even say those values and expect people to be fully informed. Even PTS numbers were in flux and could change in final 6.0.

BW is not satisfied with RNG gearing so they added RNG to their communcation plan!!!!

Here are the numbers from PTS.

Small: 500k

Medium: 2Million

Large: 5Million

I understand where your coming from and I definitely don’t like the fact that they become disabled at lvl 75, but I can understand why they had to change it so that it’s on shells and not armoring.

I also know what a pain it is because I want to have a set for all 30 of my lvl 70s and I’ve either sold them by accident or they don’t have them at all because I disintegrated them because I already had a “legacy” set I swapped back and forth.

I’ve been grinding content on each one today to try and get them some pieces before I have to spend any currency to buy what doesn’t drop.

What Bioware could do is replace the shells if you have the armoring equipped.

The other thing I’ve been think about is they may still be available to buy with credits after launch. But I’m not sure where they would locate the vendor(s).

I’m really hoping that down the track they will allow the old set bonuses to work at lvl 75.

Yea, the good thing is when this is released I will not be able to play for a few days. I have finals for this semester that is ending next week so I will need to wait to play.

What will happen to the moddable items like "Frenzied Instigator's Chestguard"? Will they become impossible to obtain or will they be available from a vendor?

There is a vendor that gives command armor skins not sure if they are all represented, but it is an option.

It just depends where Frenzied Instigator's Chestguard comes from.

I would love it if they would bring back every armor set skin that they had previously in the game. OR That the boss that dropped them before would still drop them. I have a set that I have the wrong belt for and would like to correct it, but have yet to find a similar belt.

This would be a big QOL addition to the game with those skins being available. Even if it said pseudo or copy said piece if not gotten through nim or vet mode operations. Vendor version of Frenzied Instigator's Chestguard

Edited by Hawkebatt

One little thing that hasn't been mentioned much - The GR crates won't drop the fluff that is in GC crates. The pets and mounts were for sale for credits on fleet, but they are significantly more expensive than the ones currently on the GTN. I didn't notice if the cosmetic shells were on a vendor. I didn't see one, but I didn't really look. I would buy any of that fluff that you want now, rather than wait.

Another Example of lack of communication from BW. They did not even say those values and expect people to be fully informed. Even PTS numbers were in flux and could change in final 6.0.

BW is not satisfied with RNG gearing so they added RNG to their communcation plan!!!!

Here are the numbers from PTS.

Small: 500k

Medium: 2Million

Large: 5Million

The safest bet will be to operate under the new target values for the guild level.

I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

[...] Consider this, you will have to pay 1 million to buy each piece of set bonus Armor and also 3000 tech fragments (which are legacy capped at 5000).

3000 tech fragments each piece and tech fragments legacy capped at 5000.

Ok, it was funny for a second. Where are the cameras ? It's a prank, right? One thing however, April Fools was 6 month ago.