You, the developer, are despicable for releasing a broken product for Holiday Sales.

Aurinax

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but I agree

I like BioWare, and they are one of my most highly regarded Game Developers, but after this; I will never buy another BioWare product again

It's just a mess, and there's a huge lack of Developer—Community interaction going on that might alleviate the stress of wondering if, and when these issues will (if ever) be fixed. People will say that BioWare get's a free pass, because it's Christmas; but again, it's their own fault. They chose to release this game 5 days before a major international Holiday, just like they chose to release it unfinished...

Either that, or EA forced them to; either way, we can no longer count on BioWare products being the same A+ Quality that we used to, and I do not buy sub-A+ games

Do you want a finished game that you'll be done playing in a couple of weeks, or do you want an MMORPG that will keep you playing for years? My (lengthy) experience tells me that this game is pretty polished for a just-released MMORPG. Does it have bugs? Of course. It has a lot of them. Some of them have been frustrating to me. One of the things I've realized is that games of this scope are never really "finished." They continue to evolve, and as existing bugs are worked out, new ones are found and worked out etc.

Many people in this forum (not you in particular) are going off like spoiled kids, as if accusations of a "broken" and "unplayable" game really make the devs want to fix the problems that seem like a big deal to them. Here's a helpful hint: explaining perceived problems in a logical and thought out manner, including proposed solutions, goes a lot farther toward getting things fixed.

*Looks at how huge WoW is now.*

*Looks back at when he played WoW for the first time when it just came out.*

*Remembers all the countless number of bugs and issues they hadn't fix post-beta.*

Yep. Apparently everyone forgets. There will always be bugs, and they will always be fixing them. This is true for WoW as well, the only difference is, WoW has been in full power for years.

Also, am I the only one that thinks this statement is hilarious? "I like BioWare, and they are one of my most highly regarded Game Developers, but after this; I will never buy another BioWare product again"

Drama queen, much?

Edited by Garmose

Do you want a finished game that you'll be done playing in a couple of weeks, or do you want an MMORPG that will keep you playing for years? My (lengthy) experience tells me that this game is pretty polished for a just-released MMORPG. Does it have bugs? Of course. It has a lot of them. Some of them have been frustrating to me. One of the things I've realized is that games of this scope are never really "finished." They continue to evolve, and as existing bugs are worked out, new ones are found and worked out etc.

Many people in this forum (not you in particular) are going off like spoiled kids, as if accusations of a "broken" and "unplayable" game really make the devs want to fix the problems that seem like a big deal to them. Here's a helpful hint: explaining perceived problems in a logical and thought out manner, including proposed solutions, goes a lot farther toward getting things fixed.

Agreed.

I like how he wants the developers on the forums giving feedback.

On Christmas Day.

Instead of, you know, fixing the bugs.

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

-Not just me, I only get this in some areas. Many players have reported this.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing.

-Existed for months of beta testing. Unacceptable.

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Latency in Warzones only, the ONE place there latency is unacceptable.

-Not just me, my latency is immaculate everywhere else. (60 MS or less).

-Plenty of people have reported it.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

Taris. Enough said.

No hide hood option, even though hood-down robes exist in-game.

UI preferences not sticking (companion auto-cast options, sith corruption, etc)

Removing the match to chest option.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, then just said f*ck it, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

Oh, and the first priority for them is pushing out more flashpoints and operations within a month of like a week ago. NO ONE has asked for that.

first off mr blizzard employee nothing you have brought up is game breaking at all, and this is one of the best game releases in history for bugs, if not please tell me another. becuase it was not wow or any of its expansions all which had tons of people like you complaining.

I have no latency issues anywhere, maybe you should get rid of yout 14.k modem.

knockbacks are awesome just becuase you are to unaware of your surroundings and a weak player doesnt mean that knock backs are bad. I love knocking someone into fire or off a ledge.

I would have chosen server queues to nit-pick on or leveling speeds if anything at all. I'm enjoying this game a great deal and I see it doing very well in spite of the people who cry about matching armor to chest piece. Hah! This game is far from "broken" and none of the issues in this whine thread "break" this game.

Stop flaming each other and calling them whiners. He is telling how he feels since he bought game and is very unhapply like most of us who have lost alot and I mean alot credits through in game mail bug system. Just cause ur not seeing them now don't mean you want later. So don't say its not there cause you have not seen or it has not happened to you. There is long thread on issues that where plaques of beta and was not fixed. So don't call him crybaby or anyone else, just cause you want look like hero for Bioware. Seems to me the people who our calling others whinners our bandwagon people who like toot on horn when game is in fact broken and has major issues. Even if you want prented its not there, trust me they our there. Like when ur pvp and lag out and your instantly back on ship and not where qued from say ground. So answer me that? Plus there is horrible lag spikes at moment and horrid in game mail bug. If it happens to you im going laugh. Lets see how you like it when you loose all your credits. Plus they need add Heroic aka "Dungeon Finder" not all of us want make social butterfly life in game. We have life I want get them done not consent spam for one. Cause all you social butterflies saying it kills community our wrong maybe to you it does. If they do not add that feature as it was said this game will die and very fast. If bugs our not fixed and Customer Support continue crap there doing now it will die. Most of you seem like this your first time playing swtor or you would know flaws we encountered that went live for some reason. Only way be sure mail want fail is send message one day just message to alt not items or credits. If you dont recieve it when you log or wait 30 minutes then you know its flawed atm. The mail was working fine before patch after they stopped 2 day deal where you could play with out sub or registering key. But after that patch I have yet see my mail work from alt to alt even tried other servers. Also noticed after patch the horrible fps lag on machines with very high specs like mine. To play this game at asome gameplay atm you need low end machine. That is unacceptable, they need fiz that and mail ..ASAP. Or game will die. So hopefully they fix fps lag issue, in game mail and add LFG tool cause they already have PVP que system its no different then adding LFG tool. Anyways im heading for another beer and bed soon. Get off pc and enjoy time with family. Merry Christmas all and have g1. Nite chat.

I totally agree. This game is bad. Feels like im playing a beta. So many things wrong.

You and shadysketchy just need to be banned. I'm disappointed with many aspects of the game as well. I even made a thread for it, but what you guys are doing is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing constructive about it at this point.

Edited by WarTornPanda

I think that the nodes are always there, it's just sometimes they are funny little rocks.

Actually i think the problem is ppl opened the node but never looted the resource, hence the node stays open for that person only to loot, and never goes global. Hence the ungatherable nodes. Just need to make it go global or reset after a certain time if that is the case, which im not sure it just what i think.

As far as that goes, it's how the single piece is designed. You can't put the hood down, any more than you can put the hood up in a piece drawn with it down. My wife and I are having a blast, so far..

So BW, who has Devs from Mythic working on this game, who made DAoC, that had a /hood option, were unable to make this an option in SWTOR? It's not like they had no experience at this. It's nothing but release before Christmas no matter how many basics are missing. If other recent MMOs that have launched with the standard basics, why can't BW?

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

Taris. Enough said.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, then just said f*ck it, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

Oh, and the first priority for them is pushing out more flashpoints and operations within a month of like a week ago. NO ONE has asked for that.

Heres the reason, They ran out of development money. They know the game could potentially fail in its current state so they chose to release it during the holiday wile pushing collectors edition and delux edition sells.

The goal was to make a profit over the inital development costs, not long term success.

they r quite deadly i'd watch out.

and to the OP stopping you *****in. You ppl think MMO come out perfect when released. ITS 6 DAYS OLD. sweet baby jesus.

Did you play Rift? Their launch was far superior than this one. It's when they decided to go back on their pre-release promises about not nerfing classes cause you could change them on the fly that it dropped off big time. Then they started to nerf this class and nerf that class but at launch it had a lot of features BW totally ignored with this game. There's no excuse for their lack of effort.

You should really be directing your anger and animosity at the publisher not the developer. They are the ones who want the game out the door asap. Personally I don't mind having a broken mmo released, but I want to see constant progress and communication from the developers on it. So far I haven't really heard or seen anything.

As far as the hood goes.. for those WoW lovers, I'd love to know why, after 8 years, the tailors in the game are still unable to make a cloak that doesn't tuck into my belt as a mage. And for that matter, is it that difficult to cut a slit in my tabard, so my drainai doesn't have a goofy looking hump over his butt? Just curious...

Load screen durations.

Taris. Enough said.

Load screen durations: Get a new Harddrive, defrag or buy an SSD. I am not having any loading issues.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing: Happens in wow all the time, its called instancing.

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion: So ************ about how a game is played because the added enviroment makes it horrible?....sigh

Latency in Warzones only, the ONE place there latency is unacceptable: Upgrade your PC or internet, I do not lag whatsoever in PVP or in-game or on the imperial fleet.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.) This I do agree, needs to be fixed and is an issue.

Taris. Enough said: I accually enjoyed Taris, Now Nar shadda is another story.

No hide hood option, even though hood-down robes exist in-game: Seriously ************ about your hood on a video game LOLOLOLOLOL

UI preferences not sticking (companion auto-cast options, sith corruption, etc): They mentioned this would be fixed soon.

I think you just need to go to back to wow, which has had 7 years to fix these issues it had before.

I totally agree. This game is bad. Feels like im playing a beta. So many things wrong.

Maybe you and I are not playing the same game.

I'm level 41 and even on Hoth where I was at 16fps I never had a problem.

I've even been at 6fps once and still never stopped me questing or playing.

The game has never crashed, I came across one quest bug only and it was easily bypassed.

Crafting has been brilliant, higher level ship combat is challenging, this game has just been so amazing to play.

UI doesn't even need to be changed, works fine.

Just got my level 40 custom made speeder bike, looks awesome.

Romanced my companion.

Just need to craft some higher level ship gear, sort out my lvl 40 armor and I'm sweet.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Like I said, level 41 without any real problems. I have been grouped for heroics nearly every day. Run some flashpoints etc..

So BW, who has Devs from Mythic working on this game, who made DAoC, that had a /hood option, were unable to make this an option in SWTOR? It's not like they had no experience at this. It's nothing but release before Christmas no matter how many basics are missing. If other recent MMOs that have launched with the standard basics, why can't BW?

Most of mythic's staff was layed off a year ago. What they have left is a ghost crew of code monkey scripters that maintain whats left of there dead games.

That being said Swtor is using the hero engine (choosen becuse of its cheap licenseing costs). Unforantly hero engine is terrible for standard MMO style games, as it lacks any real API functionality.(Making even a /hood option a diffacult to implament task.) It is heavily focused around instanced/phased (Guildwars style) gameplay.

Overall summery they blown there budget on Voice acting and cheaped out on everything down to the engine it self. (absolutely stupid design choice considering most MMORPG gamers could careless about voice overs or plot in the end game)

People got on them for releasing DA::2 too early too, but they had the bugs pretty much patched and fixed within weeks.

The fact is that these things happen. They are aware of the issues and they're working on them. MOST (not all) of these issues are account/user related, though admittedly some are not.

You can't expect anything to be perfect. Not at release, not at 5 months after release, not at 5 years after release. It's just not going to happen. Is the product broken? That's perspective related. I've run into no game breaking bugs (though I've run into a few bugs). It's quite playable, even on my old(er) system, so I wouldn't say it's "broken", but it does have bugs that they're fixing as quickly as they can.

It's NOT possible to anticipate every environment this game is played in at all. That's not reasonable to expect. Yeah, we did some pretty heavy testing with it, but even THEN, you're still getting a minor percentage of variables that you'll get @ launch.

Most of mythic's staff was layed off a year ago. What they have left is a ghost crew of code monkey scripters that maintain whats left of there dead games.

That being said Swtor is using the hero engine (choosen becuse of its cheap licenseing costs). Unforantly hero engine is terrible for standard MMO style games, as it lacks any real API functionality.(Making even a /hood option a diffacult to implament task.) It is heavily focused around instanced/phased (Guildwars style) gameplay.

Overall summery they blown there budget on Voice acting and cheaped out on everything down to the engine it self. (absolutely stupid design choice considering most MMORPG gamers could careless about voice overs or plot in the end game)

Where DO you get your inside info from? Clearly BW should hire you, since you seem to know everything about running a successful MMO!