You, the developer, are despicable for releasing a broken product for Holiday Sales.

Aurinax

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

-Not just me, I only get this in some areas. Many players have reported this.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing.

-Existed for months of beta testing. Unacceptable.

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Latency in Warzones only, the ONE place there latency is unacceptable.

-Not just me, my latency is immaculate everywhere else. (60 MS or less).

-Plenty of people have reported it.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

Taris. Enough said.

No hide hood option, even though hood-down robes exist in-game.

UI preferences not sticking (companion auto-cast options, sith corruption, etc)

Removing the match to chest option.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

Oh, and the first priority for them is pushing out more flashpoints and operations within a month of like a week ago. NO ONE has asked for that.

Edited by Zilrota
removed language

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think "broken" means what you think it does. This game is incredibly playable. If there is a PvP delay in abilities, I'm certain it will be looked at in greater detail. Hoods.. they break the game? Seriously? :p

As far as that goes, it's how the single piece is designed. You can't put the hood down, any more than you can put the hood up in a piece drawn with it down. My wife and I are having a blast, so far.

P.S. I am not saying the game has no issues. It has many that need to be worked on. Currently, there is a DPI bug with gaming mice that makes the camera veer off in a random directly. It's frustrating and sometimes fatal. But it's a new release. Been out a week. I'm confident that with the two companies involved, this will receive constant and plenty of attention and updates.

Edited by Herdsnerfs

You guys have played MMOs at launch right? Yeah it sucks, but all MMOs launch like this. SWTOR actually had a great launch compared to most MMOs.

I do agree that releasing MMOs early needs to stop, but gamers are weak. We will cry all day about something in the game but in the end we still sub and play, the devs know this. The cycle will never stop.

You're pointing fingers at the wrong party, it's all on EA.

EA doesn't give a flying tarp about the gamers (just go take a look at Battlefield Play4Free forums), money is the only thing they care about. If they can make more money at release by pushing the release during a holiday season, they will do it, no matter how badly the game is broken.

EA is basically a completely soulless company that will screw players in a heartbeat if it gives them more profit. Why do you think games these days are basically 10x dumbed down versions of games that were released in 2000? It's because the publishers will influence the devs to make the game more "mainstream", so they can make more money. If EA was the sole publisher on the planet, all evolution in games would cease to exist in a heartbeat. You'd only see CoD 11, BF 27, etc... with massive media hype while in reality they're selling you the same game you've already bought, with better graphics.

Anything that happens AFTER launch however, is on BW (speed of patches, server caps etc).

Edited by wixxkruppel

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

This seems like something that could be chalked up to user issue, rather than something the developer can just fix. How many factors play into how fat the game loads? Let's be a little more constructive with your feed back. Or at least more specific.

It's a pain to be sure, but who's getting the majority of their resources from gathering them off the world map?

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Matter of a limited opinion. PvP is not just about the correct ability combination and gear stacking. It's also using the environment and other people to your advantage. Tactics make for better PvP than team death match in a box.

Latency in Warzones for me is about the same as it is in any PvE world environment. Might be a personal problem.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

How soon are we talking after summoning your speeder? There's immediate and then there is taking advantage of server latency. Again. Be a little more specific in your feedback.

Taris. Enough said.

What's wrong with Taris? I very much disagree. Enough not said.

This is pretty lame, but isn't worth whining on a forum about.

Also pretty lame, but it's not like this makes or breaks the game. It's not as though changing your chat colors to the way your used to them in WoW is going to make it impossible to play.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

I'm pretty sure they're working on that. It wasn't satisfactory for launch and we'll get it when we get it. Stop being a spoiled, entitled little child and just have a little patience.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

Been past 15, every beta weekend and am currently past 15. I'll continue to praise SWTOR until something gamebreaking happens.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, then just said f*ck it, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

I'd have to disagree, Ord Mantell was one ofhte most boring, bland and uninspiring planets story wise and visually. It got a lot better by the time I got to Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa. Matter of your limited opinion. Not to mention a little presumptive.

Oh, and the first priority for them is pushing out more flashpoints and operations within a month of like a week ago. NO ONE has asked for that.

How many MMO's have suffered from spacebar moon jockies rushing to max level only to complain that there is nothing to do. Give it a rest. They've got to keep the bleeding edge people happy too as much as the rest of us. The game has been out for six days. And they are adding things to do. If you expect a game to be prefect and never in need of addition right out of the gate then good luck finding that game.

I'm going to just ask you to go back and read what you've said here and really think long and hard about how you could improve your points a little. If you want to make a argument, back it up, don't just say, "many people agree." I mean I could always say to you that, "I think you're acting like an entitled two year old. Many people agree and have reported this." But that does not make it true or a good point.

Be more constructive with your feed back.

Load screen durations.

Taris. Enough said.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, then just said f*ck it, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

Me? .... :(

But i'm not the developer :(

Really though what's wrong with Taris? I enjoyed that place, just finished it.

Edited by LilPika

Load screen durations.

Taris. Enough said.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

load screens.. it's proven.. get a faster interface hard drive. i have no issues with the load screen. IE a solid state hard drive, remove programs running in the background, give yourself more working memory.

no information on nodes from my experience.

using all aspects of the game is a valid aspect of pvp. now if there was an issue with the terrain were to glitch you then yes there is a problem, but to blow someone off a brigde... well if i could i would take care of them.

next 5 i have no experience with this.

Match to chest: they came out and said why they removed it and I would like to think it might actually be an issue they are fixing. they said that when that option was checked it some how crossed into the loot system and caused that player to get less loot drops than normal.

your issues that i have experience with: all fixable, all normal or being fixed at this time. thanks for rushing through and NOT saying you don't see anyone at the end game! that was refreshing. you made good arguments but some could have had some more research done before posting.

Darth Freki

Edited by Zilrota
removed language

+ Guild chat bugged up the wazoo

+ Tracking locations that you click on the map don't appear unless you are on top of them

+ Very slow mail system

I'm sure I'll have more later

While i've not encountered the other problems, the Mail system is intentionally slow, as it is in most MMOs. I'm not sure of the technical wizardry behind it, but it basically passes through an authentication server to make sure that nothing dodgy is being sent with the mail or it's contents. (Money farmers, an insane amount of cash, etc. )

Is it annoying? Very.

Is it a standard in MMOs? yes.

Edited by LilPika

I totally agree. This game is bad. Feels like im playing a beta. So many things wrong.

I actually referred to it as Alpha release, don't even feel its on Beta level yet. it definitely needs A LOT of work, and that's scary to say for a game that's already released.

I hate to say it, but I agree

I like BioWare, and they are one of my most highly regarded Game Developers, but after this; I will never buy another BioWare product again

It's just a mess, and there's a huge lack of Developer—Community interaction going on that might alleviate the stress of wondering if, and when these issues will (if ever) be fixed. People will say that BioWare get's a free pass, because it's Christmas; but again, it's their own fault. They chose to release this game 5 days before a major international Holiday, just like they chose to release it unfinished...

Either that, or EA forced them to; either way, we can no longer count on BioWare products being the same A+ Quality that we used to, and I do not buy sub-A+ games

I hate to say it, but I agree

I like BioWare, and they are one of my most highly regarded Game Developers, but after this; I will never buy another BioWare product again

It's just a mess, and there's a huge lack of Developer—Community interaction going on that might alleviate the stress of wondering if, and when these issues will (if ever) be fixed. People will say that BioWare get's a free pass, because it's Christmas; but again, it's their own fault. They chose to release this game 5 days before a major international Holiday, just like they chose to release it unfinished...

Either that, or EA forced them to; either way, we can no longer count on BioWare products being the same A+ Quality that we used to, and I do not buy sub-A+ games

No one cares

Alpha release? LoL

Some of you can't possibly have any experience in any other MMO, if you think that. Probably joined WoW during LK, where ezmode reigned, and feel that any game that doesn't rain gear on you from on high is a failure.

This game has issues. It's incredibly polished for a few release however. Plenty of content, much better quests than WoW, and so far, wife and I are having a blast playing it. Was great to beat a world boss with a raid at level 22.

No one cares

On the contrary, I'm pretty sure both EA, and BioWare care if people stop buying their products, as this will result in lower income

Obviously they won't be going out of business, or anything as drastic as that, but they're still aiming for max profits; something they won't be getting much longer, if this bad behavior keeps up

On the contrary, I'm pretty sure both EA, and BioWare care if people stop buying their products, as this will result in lower income

Obviously they won't be going out of business, or anything as drastic as that, but they're still aiming for max profits; something they won't be getting much longer, if this bad behavior keeps up

I'm still waiting for some constructive feedback Shady.

Alpha release? LoL

Some of you can't possibly have any experience in any other MMO, if you think that. Probably joined WoW during LK, where ezmode reigned, and feel that any game that doesn't rain gear on you from on high is a failure.

This game has issues. It's incredibly polished for a few release however. Plenty of content, much better quests than WoW, and so far, wife and I are having a blast playing it. Was great to beat a world boss with a raid at level 22.

WoW got super-easy when Burning Crusade came out, cutting the Raid Size by 15 people for the majority of Raids, and adding Karazhan which was just entirely too easy

Bad behaviour? What?

It's been out LESS THAN A WEEK! It's THE HOLIDAY!

I wish you people that expect a game to be on par with another that's been out for 8 years within the first week would really keep your words for once, and QUIT. It would be a great relief to all of us staying to see how this game improves.