You, the developer, are despicable for releasing a broken product for Holiday Sales.

Aurinax

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of what the OP said wasnt really bug related, as it was them ************ how the game is played.

Of course people will flame someone who complains about how the game is played...(come on a freakin hood graphic?)

actually 90% of what the OP brought up IS valid.. you guys just want to focus on the stuff that really isnt (as i agree some of it wasnt really worth mentioning.. at least not in this post):

Load screen durations.

-just because we havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt there for some players.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing.

- this is a perfect example of above.. ive come across this MANY times, and its annoying as heck

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-not really a 'game breaker' granted.. this is a subjective opinion IMO

Latency in Warzones only, the ONE place there latency is unacceptable.

depends on what he means by latency.. as ive reported.. ive come across times where i havent been able to attack because the game claimed 'i couldnt see the target'.. and there were no LoS issues to speak of AT ALL.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.) havent seen this personally.. but again, just because i havent seen it.. doesnt mean it doesnt exist

Taris. LOTS of empire folks have reported memory leaks on Taris.. there was also a recent patch regarding it.. so yeah, known issue

No hide hood option, even though hood-down robes exist in-game.

not a gamebreaking issue

UI preferences not sticking (companion auto-cast options, sith corruption, etc)

not really seen this, but again, could happen to some

Removing the match to chest option.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever. understandable point, but not really 'gamebreaking

comments in yellow are actual bugs, and most certainly are relevant to the conversation.. yes, there were some issues that were minor at best (in green).. figures the TOR fanboys would focus on those.

and btw, i bought the CE, a 6 month sub, and generally am LOVING the game..

but what i dont like, are fanboys.. be it bioware or blizzard ones, coming in to threads and flaming the OP just because they have a different viewpoint.. its not constructive or necessary.

So what's the deal? Folks bought the game for their kids, but aren't willing to pony up the monthly fee? Is that what is causing all this.... 'constructive' criticism?

I still say some people are hired bhy blizzard to whine for a living, come on, are we not adult enough so that if we dont like a game we stop playing it?

Can you say what's wrong w/ taris? I'm mean - it was patched before you posted this, so i'm just.. curious.

If you were an unfortunate and unlucky person, you would get stuck every 10 feet, on flat ground. Literally every 10 feet. It was unplayable to be in Taris. It happened to my friend that I duo with. He was a jedi knight, so at first I would pull mobs to him so he could force leap out of the stuck. That lasted like 1 quest and Taris is a verrrrrrry long quest area. We had to leave.

Apart from this, there was a horrible memory leak that was well known during beta.

Edited by Barleigh

There is no such thing as a bug-free product - especially something as complex as an MMO. To get to the state it is in now is a huge accomplishment that took hundreds of thousands of engineering man-hours, at least. Anyone who thinks a project this large will EVER be bug-free is just naive when it comes to software engineering. Edited by Benholio

I totally agree. This game is bad. Feels like im playing a beta. So many things wrong.

YOU ! Didn't ! PLAYED BETA. There was PINK ZABRAKS on Balmorra, Hammer Station was a bunch of Pixelated HELL, Nar Shadda was BARELY PLAYABLE, there was Plain Green Textures some places... that was Bugged but it was our job to track 'em and get rid of 'em. somehow this is the kind of **** that gets into the official release someplaces...

WoW, RIFT, Aion, FFXIV, AoE... those are Guilty of having massive controls glitches and bugs making the game unplayable at release.

I'm sick of all these ranting little babies because there is minour to ridiculous bugs in the game. Not perfect I agree, it is however compared to ANYTHING ELSE on the market at similar time from the release date.

now because you need to press Alt+U twice to reset your UI, because something got stick on your cursor, or another **** funny bug like an invisible character during conversations or Lips Sync issues, you think the whole thing gonna explode ? You're disconnected from Reality. you get Nothing, You Lose. Good Day Ser.

MMOs are always released non-bug free since Ultima Online, there is so much content that the Devs can't find it all... this is why you can tip them by sending tickets.

Everyone has different experiences it seems. I enjoyed Taris. Had no problems. So using blanket statements like Taris is broken is not necessarily true - it's good for some, not so for others, it seems. Is it gamebreaking? Not at all. Will it eventually be fixed? Absolutely. It's Day 5 of official release. I'm a patient man and I know they're working hard to fix all the major bugs. No MMO is 100% perfect at launch. No game is 100% perfect at launch. Stop expecting it to be so.

If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15.

First off, I'm 50 and have done the operations already.

No doubt the problems you listed need to be fixed among others you didn't list. I understand a lot of these problems got through the beta. Although, I don't believe anything in this game is bad enough to be game-breaking.

They already announced new content for next month, and developing/programming an MMO isn't exactly a cakewalk.

I suggest you give it more post-launch time, and if it still isn't fixed, then "unacceptable" would be an appropriate description.

Edit: As far as knockbacks in huttball go, whenever you see a bounty hunter in position to grapple you, get ready to remove the incapacitating effect with your 2 min CD or get out of LoS. If a sorcerer/consular, etc is running up to you, assume he's going to try and knock you off and position yourself so you stay on the ramp. Pass it to someone else. That's something you can control.

Edited by Acri

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

-Not just me, I only get this in some areas. Many players have reported this.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing.

-Existed for months of beta testing. Unacceptable.

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Latency in Warzones only, the ONE place there latency is unacceptable.

-Not just me, my latency is immaculate everywhere else. (60 MS or less).

-Plenty of people have reported it.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

Taris. Enough said.

No hide hood option, even though hood-down robes exist in-game.

UI preferences not sticking (companion auto-cast options, sith corruption, etc)

Removing the match to chest option.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, then just said f*ck it, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

Oh, and the first priority for them is pushing out more flashpoints and operations within a month of like a week ago. NO ONE has asked for that.

Hello!

I can see you are new to the experience of playing a MMORPG! As a MMORPG veteran, I would like to welcome you to this little corner of the gaming community!

Yes, these bugs are frustrating, but quite honestly, the release of this MMORPG is much smother than most launches. Normally, things are much, much worse I'm afraid.

The holidays have nothing to do with it, this is about development cycles. Any bugs found late in beta (or earlier in beta but take a long time to fix) are simply left in place because usually people are already working on the final release while other people are working on fixes for the bugs. This means those bug fixes cannot possibly be incorporated into the release version and have to be applied to a later patch.

On top of that, some bugs simply get left on the shelf because for every bug someone has to do a cost-benefit analysis. Someone estimates the benefit to the player or to the game sales, assigns a number to that, then divides that by the estimated cost to fix. Bugs with a higher benefit-to-cost ratio get fixed first, bugs with a very low benefit-to-cost ratio basically go to the bottom of the list (and if the ratio is really bad, may not get fixed for a very long time if ever). Thus inconsequential bugs can get priority just because it took one person 5 minutes to fix, while more serious bugs get tabled because it might take teams of programmers working for weeks to fix.

And yes, there are certain types of problems in which the benefit side of the equation is so serious that the entire development team drops what they're doing and pulls a series of all nighters until it is fixed. Pray we never experience one of those sorts of bugs, but unfortunately, nothing you describe is serious enough to get that kind of treatment. These sorts of bugs tend to be the kind of thing that prevents everyone from playing, and when this kind of thing happens, whatever else the devs were working on before the bug was discovered gets delayed because everyone had to drop that to work on the bug.

This is very, very frustrating, but that's how the business works unfortunately.

This seems like a pretty anemic list to imply it should have delayed game launch. I'm not seeing any critical problems that would have justified delaying the game further. Especially considering things like including no option for hiding hoods. Do you really not realize that this would require creating duplicate art for every chest piece that includes a hood? If you do realize that you're asking them to delay other artwork projects, like new gear, just for that. I think that would be a really bad idea for BW to do without knowing if a majority of players would rather have a 'hide hood' option rather than more gear or other artwork projects.

Yes SWTOR has many bugs, I expect a good chunk of them to be fixed with the 1st large patch.

However... the truth of the matter is, the game was released to keep it going. You cant develop a game and perfect it for 10 years before launching it. Who is going to pay the devs for their work? You absolutely need revenue and profit to keep things running.

So in essence what we have now is a pretty fun shell to play with, and as we pay our monthly subs, BW can continue to flesh it out. Thats just the truth of the matter.

If you wanted it your way... there would be no SWTOR period!

But BW or EA cant come out and say that. Still we live in a world where realities are just ignored by most. Theres always how things "Should" be, but lets not forget how things "really" are despite what we want or believe in.

Just FYI. Don't Blame Bioware. Blame the Publisher. Publishers set the deadlines in most cases. I would be surprised if this was not one of those cases.

I see this kind of post all over the place, and while I don't work in the games industry, so I can't be exactly certain how it is there, in everything I've had experience with, the people in Bioware's position would've had significant input into the deadline, and they would've agreed that they could make it - and if they thought they couldn't, they should have said so right away. If you fail to make your deadlines, provided they weren't unrealistic to begin with (at which point you should never have accepted working to them) it's your fault, not those in charge.