You, the developer, are despicable for releasing a broken product for Holiday Sales.

Aurinax

I see this kind of post all over the place, and while I don't work in the games industry, so I can't be exactly certain how it is there, in everything I've had experience with, the people in Bioware's position would've had significant input into the deadline, and they would've agreed that they could make it - and if they thought they couldn't, they should have said so right away. If you fail to make your deadlines, provided they weren't unrealistic to begin with (at which point you should never have accepted working to them) it's your fault, not those in charge.

You highly overestimate EA. I probably can't say much on here without being modded to hell for it, so go look up EA's policies and how they treat their devs and employees.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on a response. Or is this one of those drive by trolls I've been hearing so much about?

Drive-by trolls and December 2011 members seem to be the most vocal protesters about TOR.

I take more notice of serious complaints tbh.

Slight sidetrack incoming...Skyrim is the most buggy game i've ever played in 25 yrs of gaming...and it's the most played game this year worldwide (hours of gameplay). TOR has a fraction of Skyrim's bugs. In over 100hrs played I can attest to the following:

Skyrim 100hrs, over 30 crashes, over 60 times where FPS dropped to strange numbers and maybe 10% of ALL quests have some sort of glitch, bug, serious bug with many not being completeable at all.

TOR 100hrs in. 1 crash. Zero low FPS moments for me, 1 quest was semi bugged but was able to complete it regardless.

Skyrim isn't an MMO I know :p However it is the most well received game of 2011 (according to hours played). It is also a game filled to the brim with bugs (actual gameplay affecting bugs).

My point? TOR being released with a few minor bugs is not a scandal imo.

P.P.S. Post Xmas booze causing this argument of mine to make perfect sense in my head. Hope it translates well in written form :w_cool:

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

YOU ! Didn't ! PLAYED BETA. There was PINK ZABRAKS on Balmorra, Hammer Station was a bunch of Pixelated HELL, Nar Shadda was BARELY PLAYABLE, there was Plain Green Textures some places... that was Bugged but it was our job to track 'em and get rid of 'em. somehow this is the kind of **** that gets into the official release someplaces...

WoW, RIFT, Aion, FFXIV, AoE... those are Guilty of having massive controls glitches and bugs making the game unplayable at release.

I'm sick of all these ranting little babies because there is minour to ridiculous bugs in the game. Not perfect I agree, it is however compared to ANYTHING ELSE on the market at similar time from the release date.

now because you need to press Alt+U twice to reset your UI, because something got stick on your cursor, or another **** funny bug like an invisible character during conversations or Lips Sync issues, you think the whole thing gonna explode ? You're disconnected from Reality. you get Nothing, You Lose. Good Day Ser.

MMOs are always released non-bug free since Ultima Online, there is so much content that the Devs can't find it all... this is why you can tip them by sending tickets.

Did you just manage to sneak in a quote from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

If so, well played!

I like when some randomer pretends to have any idea on how to run an MMO. Because obviously, we all know that it's a simple and easy process, and everyone can just change anything nonstop. Fixing any of the issues stated of course can't possibly break anything whatsoever, right? ... Right?

For the note, it is acceptable. There is no game in existance that has ever been released completely bugfree and/or in a perfect state. If you can't deal with that, maybe you shouldn't play.

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Using knockback is skill. And to position yourself to not get kb is also skill, which you lack apparently.

I find it so amusing when i knock back three people in the fire or the acid cause the are just standing next to it. I also find myself really noob when i get kb in the fire, but it rarely happen cause i position myself so it dont happen.

You should know what class have knockback by now, play accordingly.

@ the OP. I have no load screens and no lag/delay in any action whatsoever. maybe your computer could use an upgrade?

It's like that guy who said this game was a failure because every time he launched it his PC would shutdown. 900K+ players have no such a problem but clearly it must be the client fault because his PC shuts down

it's really better losing some people some times, you know...

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Sure it does, baby!

Even in WoW I MC'd Horde freaks over the cliffs in Arathi :D

Should be titled "you the publisher blah blah" as Bioware have little say over when it was released. Everyone including bioware I imagine expected it to be out sometime next year but after blizzard announced diablo 3 was pushed back until Quarter 1 next year, EA got cold feet and didn't want to risk releasing this around the same time.

It's hardly a broken product either but it certainly lacks that extra bit of polish that would have made the game a much better experience.

I must be the luckiest MMO player to date as I have had a brilliant gaming experience since day 3 of early release.

I did find a few empty nodes but that does not make a game broken. I also got stuck in an area of Taris (farming a node), but another player came by & I requested a duel & used my force jump to escape. This bug brought me back to the days of EQ1, but no big deal.

I have been able to play an hour hear & there with my longest game play at 4 hrs on Friday with my current level being 19. I am Having a wonderful time! I think your "looking" at this game as "1/2 empty"....it's only 20 days old.

It's been a LONG time since I could not wait to have a spare hour to log on & SWTOR has my attention.

Edited by JettHutt

Don't be scared of an SSD, You just need to read up first on which windows options to turn off, what drivers you will need etc.

I'm not scared of ANYTHING, but I'm not going to fork over 5x what the drive is actually work, and tweak windows just because the drive is pathetic. Sorry, not going to happen. Like I said, I'll wait till next gen when these issues are resolved and the prices become more realistic.

What could you possibly need 16GB of RAM for?

16 seems to be about the new 'decent' gaming rig setup, and you can get 16 for < $100 any more, so why not? When I put my rig together here next month, it'll have minimum 16 gig. Then again, I put 6 in mine 4, 5 years ago just to beef it up, and it's worked so far.

All acceptable things to me, that are going to be fixed eventually. And until then, I have time. Not to mention that half of the things listed is just bull****.

Oh and Knockbacks in PVP - I love it soooooooo much.

Edited by Evin

I totally agree. This game is bad. Feels like im playing a beta. So many things wrong.

Welcome to the world of mmorpg's. You obviously never played one at launch before.

I have two things to say consirning OP:

1. The game has bugs and flaws, it should not have. Any product with errors should be returned to the store and be replaced with a working product.

2. You got a brand new toy, stop your bellyacing.

For me the annoyance comes from having participated in beta and reporting bugs only to still experience them come launch. While I understand that it takes time to find bugs and correct them, and also some bugs are just difficult to fix ... It just seems like the whole beta has felt like nothing but a glorified marketing ploy. Not an honest to goodness beta.

I also understand the rationale behind churning out end game content, but without a more convenient dungeon finder system, what's the point? And operations? The game is only (at most) 11 days old. How many 50s are out there?

I hope bioware knows what it's doing.

The only unacceptable bug that you listed is the UI not saving preferences. It's really annoying to have a companion break CC unless I turn off his auto cast every time he spawns. I have no idea how they let it go to release like this.

Loading screens are inevitable as they can't preload planets if they don't know which one you are about to travel to.