You, the developer, are despicable for releasing a broken product for Holiday Sales.

Aurinax

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better keep a active backup of that SSD, becuse current solid state drives have a lifespan of about a year befor failure.

Been using mine for about a year and a half no issues.

Its mostly the people who have no idea how to properly setup and use an SSD that have issues.

99% of the time with PC issues, its the people who think they know what they are doing, when in reality they know completly nothing about pc's.

So BW, who has Devs from Mythic working on this game, who made DAoC, that had a /hood option, were unable to make this an option in SWTOR? It's not like they had no experience at this. It's nothing but release before Christmas no matter how many basics are missing. If other recent MMOs that have launched with the standard basics, why can't BW?

Lol is this the best you can moan about? Hood graphics. How pathetic.

I would say please Bioware put this down on the bottom of the list thanks.

Along with all the other rubbish that is not game breaking.

Games been awesome. Totally kills WoW for a release and will only get better.

Ever heard of an update? Yeah that's where they add new stuff.

Or go play Barbie Dressup.com

WoW got super-easy when Burning Crusade came out, cutting the Raid Size by 15 people for the majority of Raids, and adding Karazhan which was just entirely too easy

You just destroyed any remaining credibility you might have had. Classic raids were more about who could heard their 40 cats better than the other guild. The raids weren't hard (excluding some of the end bosses), they were just tedious.

first off i have a 20 Mb connection and a high end rig (i7, 16 GB RAM, and a gtx 570).. so i dont need an upgrade on equipment or internet connection.. so please dont make these arguments.. they wont work on me.

anyway. there ARE bugs in game that really shouldnt be here at this point. bioware has had close to 4 years of development time, and this is a AAA company..

onto the bugs ive seen:

i really havent seen any loading screen issues, they are fine for me.

however, i have seen issues in instances.. specifically taral v. i couldnt use any of my abilities in the first area.. says 'unable to see target'.. others in the group noticed this as well. ive also seen this kind of thing happen on belmorra in the open world.. its really annoying when you die in this scenario lol..

there are also these posts in the open world that emit green light.. sometimes these posts will make what looks like a green barrier.. and it can cover a LARGE part of an area.. its REALLY annoying. and again.. my rig is fine.. just see above. and yes, ive updated my drivers. ive seen this happen on belmarra and tatooine especially. oh, and just because you havent noticed it.. doesnt mean the bug isnt there.

the quest that finishes chapter 1 for the JC is bugged as well.. for that quest, there is an ambush you have to survive... basically to trigger it, you interact with a console. for the first few seconds no mobs.. if you leave the area.. you can continue.. but only up to a certain point.. there will be a red barrier blocking you.. basically at this point, once you clear everything out you are stuck and cant get past the barrier. the console is still interactable.. but it doesnt do anything.. in order to advance, you have to reset the quest again. when you get to the ambush.. you need to wait for the mobs to spawn.. take them out.. and at that point you can advance and finish the quest.

otherwise, ive been ok. but the above bugs can get pretty annoying.. especially the ones that block me from attacking (as the game says i cant see the mobs.. and there arent any LoS issues).. and the JC quest bug.

but please stop with the flaming of the OP.. he/she is bringing up issues that were found in the game, and providing feedback on them.. thats what these forums are for.

Edited by SithInitiate

I can't tell if you're serious about the knock backs in PVP. I think it is brilliant, really. Adds a new aspect other than, "OMG I GOT MAX LEVEL AND EXPERTISE, POWN N00B!" You actually have to think about positioning, be aware of the abilitys your enemy has, what tools you have, etc.

first off i have a 20 Mb connection and a high end rig (i7, 16 GB RAM, and a gtx 570).. so i dont need an upgrade on equipment or internet connection.. so please dont make these arguments.. they wont work on me.

anyway. there ARE bugs in game that really shouldnt be here at this point. bioware has had close to 4 years of development time, and this is a AAA company..

onto the bugs ive seen:

i really havent seen any loading screen issues, they are fine for me.

however, i have seen issues in instances.. specifically taral v. i couldnt use any of my abilities in the first area.. says 'unable to see target'.. others in the group noticed this as well. ive also seen this kind of thing happen on belmorra in the open world.. its really annoying when you die in this scenario lol..

there are also these posts in the open world that emit green light.. sometimes these posts will make what looks like a green barrier.. and it can cover a LARGE part of an area.. its REALLY annoying. and again.. my rig is fine.. just see above. and yes, ive updated my drivers. ive seen this happen on belmarra and tatooine especially. oh, and just because you havent noticed it.. doesnt mean the bug isnt there.

the quest that finishes chapter 1 for the JC is bugged as well.. for that quest, there is an ambush you have to survive... basically to trigger it, you interact with a console. for the first few seconds no mobs.. if you leave the area.. you can continue.. but only up to a certain point.. there will be a red barrier blocking you.. basically at this point, once you clear everything out you are stuck and cant get past the barrier. the console is still interactable.. but it doesnt do anything.. in order to advance, you have to reset the quest again. when you get to the ambush.. you need to wait for the mobs to spawn.. take them out.. and at that point you can advance and finish the quest.

otherwise, ive been ok. but the above bugs can get pretty annoying.. especially the ones that block me from attacking (as the game says i cant see the mobs.. and there arent any LoS issues).. and the JC quest bug.

but please stop with the flaming of the OP.. he/she is bringing up issues that were found in the game, and providing feedback on them.. thats what these forums are for.

90% of what the OP said wasnt really bug related, as it was them ************ how the game is played.

Of course people will flame someone who complains about how the game is played...(come on a freakin hood graphic?)

I mean I could always say to you that, "I think you're acting like an entitled two year old. Many people agree and have reported this."

I agree with you on this point therefore it must be true!

Have you guys never played an MMO? They're all like this, even months or years after release. There are problems and things people find annoying. Devs will fix them.

I just wish there was an Off-Topic forum where people could chat without having to deal with game-related whining.

I can't tell if you're serious about the knock backs in PVP. I think it is brilliant, really. Adds a new aspect other than, "OMG I GOT MAX LEVEL AND EXPERTISE, POWN N00B!" You actually have to think about positioning, be aware of the abilitys your enemy has, what tools you have, etc.

I think you missed the point to his rant. He wants to not have to think to win. Forcing people to think in an MMO is apprently a bad thing for developers to do now-a-days since WoW plays that way.

You, the OP, are despicable for posting such a useless topic...

If you have played any MMO in history at launch or otherwise, you would know these issues are standard.

There will always be bugs in games 4 years of hard work and hundreds of millions of dollars went into giving this game the smoothest mmo launch I have been a part of bar none.

If you aren't willing to put up with a few bugs in your games till they get fixed, then go play pong or checkers cause they are about the only games you will get bug free on a computer.

The developers you are bashing are working their asses off to make this an awesome game.

I would like to thank the developers for putting up with all the crap people on these forums give them, and for giving me the smoothest and most enjoyable MMO launch I have ever been a part of. Much Respect.

Hey OP, maybe if you stomp your feet some more and throw an even bigger temper tantrum you'll get your way.

Calling a game that just had one of best launches in mmo history (in term of stability, performance, and relative lack of bugs) broken because of such a trival list of minor gripes is beyond ridiculous.

By all means point out the things you think need to changed, fixed or improved, but when you do it with the tone and arrogance of a spoilt child don't act surprised when others treat you as if you are one.

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

-Not just me, I only get this in some areas. Many players have reported this.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing.

-Existed for months of beta testing. Unacceptable.

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

Latency in Warzones only, the ONE place there latency is unacceptable.

-Not just me, my latency is immaculate everywhere else. (60 MS or less).

-Plenty of people have reported it.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

Taris. Enough said.

No hide hood option, even though hood-down robes exist in-game.

UI preferences not sticking (companion auto-cast options, sith corruption, etc)

Removing the match to chest option.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

It's almost like you guys intentionally did a good job on levels 1-12, then just said f*ck it, let's push the game out and get a month's worth of subscriptions.

Oh, and the first priority for them is pushing out more flashpoints and operations within a month of like a week ago. NO ONE has asked for that.

The people who spacebarred story to hit level cap did.

BioWare has a lot of different types of players who prioritize different things.

SW:TOR is still probably, the most polished and complete MMO launch ever (I never played RIFT), certainly in the past 5 years.

MMOs are always buggy at launch. And in a lot of cases, a company won't actually know WHY a bug occurs until they have all the players at live playing 5+ hours a day.

For example, the JK companion bug has been around for awhile, but BioWare hadn't found the reason for it occurring and they couldn't duplicate it, after launch enough people had done it, that some guy managed to isolate the choice that caused the bug and it is now getting fixed.

Bottom line is, give it time, you have a free month, and they'll have a large patch ready to go by then, and they will have had a month to observe how everything played out on live servers (without them making knee jerk reactions).

They aren't going to read your thread if you have "despicable" in the title, if you want to actually fix the game, leave a constructive/detailed/streamlined post to help them because they probably get hundreds of thousands of posts/in game tickets/calls a day right now.

If all you want to do is vent, than don't post here, because honestly, it just clogs up the forums and makes it less likely they will see a post that actually has good feedback, and in a very small way actually deters their ability to fix problems.

I'm fed UP with these GAMEBREAKING Bugs That I will now list, and then comment on, for emphasis.

There are Trees, TREES!!, that have MOSS on them, and that MOSS is NOT growing on the northern side of the tree!! This is detrimental to immersion, and BW Devs should come back from their holiday and fix this, or billions of people will unsub from this game. I know these things.

The story is too diffcult to follow if you tap on the spacebar! This is unacceptable, I need to have my dialogue emailed to me on the stomach of a Victoria Secret model to hold my attention long enough to know why I'm rescuing the guy in the cage, otherwise. Aww, I've already lost interest in the story because there aren't enough flashing lights and bright noises, so now no one likes quests and we should be able to buy levels with credits and FP commendations.

In our modern age, no one holds conversations anymore, forcing people to interact with each other to play a game is rediculous, we really, really need to have a FPS style queuing system to fill the void where our social skills should be, because having to hold a conversation for more than 2 minutes without being able to pull out my spartphone and email a china-man about **** that's happening to Inuits is FORCING way too much responsibly onto a consumer.

Also, I demand more shiny stuff! There isn't enough shiny for me!!!!

I'm fed UP with these GAMEBREAKING Bugs That I will now list, and then comment on, for emphasis.

There are Trees, TREES!!, that have MOSS on them, and that MOSS is NOT growing on the northern side of the tree!! This is detrimental to immersion, and BW Devs should come back from their holiday and fix this, or billions of people will unsub from this game. I know these things.

The story is too diffcult to follow if you tap on the spacebar! This is unacceptable, I need to have my dialogue emailed to me on the stomach of a Victoria Secret model to hold my attention long enough to know why I'm rescuing the guy in the cage, otherwise. Aww, I've already lost interest in the story because there aren't enough flashing lights and bright noises, so now no one likes quests and we should be able to buy levels with credits and FP commendations.

In our modern age, no one holds conversations anymore, forcing people to interact with each other to play a game is rediculous, we really, really need to have a FPS style queuing system to fill the void where our social skills should be, because having to hold a conversation for more than 2 minutes without being able to pull out my spartphone and email a china-man about **** that's happening to Inuits is FORCING way too much responsibly onto a consumer.

This is one of the best posts ever lol

Bioware needs to give you an award for the best comedic insult on a forum post EVER. First started reading it, thinking that yet another child was complaining because the game just came out. Then I got to the "There are trees." part and laughed my face off the rest of the post.

Despicable? A bit harsh, I'd say. They'd be "despicable" if they used your personal info to send hired hands to your house with the intention of capturing and selling your fam into slavery.

You rich fool. Be happy and count your blessings that your life is so cake that your idea of despicable can be levied at the people providing a game, a toy. You're probably sitting there, in your comfortable shelter with a full belly, on a computer whose value could feed a starving family for months.

Play your game and be happy, don't play your game and be happy.