You, the developer, are despicable for releasing a broken product for Holiday Sales.

Aurinax

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with the OP. I understand that these are your feelings and therefore they are very strong to you. But from my point of view I couldn't enjoy the game more, in fact if it was possible I'd say I was more than 100% sastified with the game.

I've experienced the companion preference reset bug and now I just make a point of reconfiguring the settings after every elevator. Annoying, perhaps? But I can easily over look this.

Enjoy.

Is our education system so horrible that people don't even know what the meaning of simple words like "broken" mean?

This game isn't broken. It's actually one of the most polished MMO releases in history.

As much as I hate memes, this is one of those times when someone needs to tell you to, "Cry more, noob!".

Use of the word despicable in the thread title is unacceptable.

I was just about to post a reply with that same thought.

Despicable is kicking puppies and kittens. Despicable is breaking up a couple so you can steal their boyfriend. Despicable is lying to send someone you don't like to jail.

Bioware's and EA's release of Star Wars The Old Republic was something I was looking forward to and I wasn't disappointed. The OP has jumped off the deep end straight into drama town.

Edited by Niblik

I was just about to post a reply with that same thought.

Despicable is kicking puppies and kittens. Despicable is breaking up a couple so you can steal their boyfriend. Despicable is lying to send someone you don't like to jail.

Bioware's and EA's release of Star Wars The Old Republic was something I was looking forward to and I wasn't disappointed. The OP has jumped off the deep end straight into drama town.

Yes, but they've insulted him / her personally, you see? The OP can't just let that slide, justice must be done!

Is our education system so horrible that people don't even know what the meaning of simple words like "broken" mean?

This game isn't broken. It's actually one of the most polished MMO releases in history.

As much as I hate memes, this is one of those times when someone needs to tell you to, "Cry more, noob!".

^ this

I think to many of you seem to forget how long they took to make the game and how much money it cost.

So find me other games with such a huge budget that had basic problems in them that swtor has had since early betas, but still aren't fixed.

As I keep saying, game hasn't been out for x days, it's been in the making for a few years, how long do you need.

If you are going to hype the crap out of your product you had better well deliver.

Please remember a lot of you might not have any problems at all, well grats. Problem is a huge amount of people do, and do you think they will keep paying if they aren't sorted?

Try to look outside of the box some of you, because while you defend BW non stop all you are doing is not helping yourself.

The funny bit is those who bigged up the game so much they were totally let down when they finally got to play at release.

Edited by Elgarr

You guys have played MMOs at launch right? Yeah it sucks, but all MMOs launch like this. SWTOR actually had a great launch compared to most MMOs.

I do wish people would stop wheeling out this excuse. The fact that other games are released with bugs does not making it okay. I’m not saying it should be bug free(that’s impossible) but released with known bugs from beta is another issue.

I hate to say it, but I agree

I like BioWare, and they are one of my most highly regarded Game Developers, but after this; I will never buy another BioWare product again

It's just a mess, and there's a huge lack of Developer—Community interaction going on that might alleviate the stress of wondering if, and when these issues will (if ever) be fixed. People will say that BioWare get's a free pass, because it's Christmas; but again, it's their own fault. They chose to release this game 5 days before a major international Holiday, just like they chose to release it unfinished...

Either that, or EA forced them to; either way, we can no longer count on BioWare products being the same A+ Quality that we used to, and I do not buy sub-A+ games

Really? Reallllly? Reaaaaaaaaaaalllly? One miss and you're up in arms and not ever going to buy another Bioware product again? Christ.

I do wish people would stop wheeling out this excuse. The fact that other games are released with bugs does not making it okay. I’m not saying it should be bug free(that’s impossible) but released with known bugs from beta is another issue.

However along that line, many known bugs from other game betas still seem to appear.

Its not an excuse so much as its something that does happen regardless of which game it is, i think thats why people mention it,

With that said I think we can all appreciate that fact and do our best to report it multiple times in hopes of getting it addressed :)

Games far from broken, does need work though but all MMOs I played were basically extended pay to play stress test beta for first little while.

I do agree on one point totally....I really hated Taris. It's even worse the 4th time around. Wish I could skip that planet entirely.

You know OP, you could have easily reworded your post in a polite manner, and it might have actually been read by BW devs. Instead you immediately go on the attack calling BW devs despicable.

Say something respectful and constructive or S T F U.

There are a lot of problems with the game, it's true.

But I'd rather enjoy it now as is than wait another 6-12 months for minor fixes and improvements. Who wouldn't? In a software cycle there is always "one more thing" you can fix, improve, or add, but at some point you just need to release.

I think anybody who finds the game so unplayable right now as it is would dislike it equally as much even if some of these little issues they are talking about get fixed. In the meantime, the rest of us can enjoy it. I, for one, am glad they released it and we get to play it.

You, the original poster, obviously haven't played many MMOs. This one happens to have one of the most bug free launches of the many MMO launches I have participated in.

And the least you could have done is read the post the specifically made explaining why they removed the match to chest option, and how they are intended to add a better version of it relatively soon.

You know OP, you could have easily reworded your post in a polite manner, and it might have actually been read by BW devs. Instead you immediately go on the attack calling BW devs despicable.

Say something respectful and constructive or S T F U.

Amen to that. Calling out the developers of a VIDEO GAME as horrible, horrible people just because you have some issues with the product is just ridiculous. Yes, the game has bugs and problems.

WE. KNOW. And you know what? They know too.

Bioware wants your money. It is how they feed their families. They will do everything in their power to support the product, to keep the money coming in. Being a selfish jerk about it doesn't help in anyway whatsoever.

I think to many of you seem to forget how long they took to make the game and how much money it cost.

So find me other games with such a huge budget that had basic problems in them that swtor has had since early betas, but still aren't fixed.

As I keep saying, game hasn't been out for x days, it's been in the making for a few years, how long do you need.

If you are going to hype the crap out of your product you had better well deliver.

Please remember a lot of you might not have any problems at all, well grats. Problem is a huge amount of people do, and do you think they will keep paying if they aren't sorted?

Try to look outside of the box some of you, because while you defend BW non stop all you are doing is not helping yourself.

The funny bit is those who bigged up the game so much they were totally let down when they finally got to play at release.

The blind fnaboys maybe annoying but the critics do not help themselves if they always exaggerate the problems, most of those problems listed are hardly gamebraking or major. Some are a real problem and others are just personal preferences. It would help if both sides would be a bit more realistic.

To those who blast TOR for beeing released with bugs. I understand you're anger and the ideal should be to release something when it has no bugs at all, but realisticly this will never happen. Every peace of software, except for really security critical applications which go through very hard testing and regulations, has some Bugs or issues at release and games are no exception. All those open world AAA titles release with a good amount of bugs and glitches, like Skyrim, GTA and MMORPGS.

It warms my heart to see Shadysketchy is still trolling around the forums about how BioWare sucks and SWTOR sucks.

Haha Yeah same dude that got freaked out over having Type 4 bodies in the game. Called them "abominations." Then he got pissed off when I pointed out he probably makes a Type 4 body look skinny.

OP: I don't have hardly any of the complaints you mentioned. Sorry this game isn't your cup of tea, but it's fine from my end. Oh, I'm level 32 right now. Taris was great. Huttball is fine. And if you can't anticipate a KB on a bridge, you don't need to play PvP.

My list of unacceptable problems with this game that should not have existed at launch. Period.

Load screen durations.

-Not just me, I only get this in some areas. Many players have reported this.

I fully agree with an earlier poster. I find this to be partially your fault to some degree. Try looking into an upgrade or two for your system. Maybe look into disabling some background processes that are unnecessary to be running while in this very system-intensive game? I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with any of this game's engine functions except the occasional UI glitch, that I am typically able to retrace as myself doing something 'unexepected' to the point where I wouldn't (as a software analyst) know to prepare the engine for such behavior. *I* did something weird, let *me* fix it.

Aside from that, no major problems overall with performance, loading, or gameplay.

Gathering Nodes showing on map but not actually existing.

-Existed for months of beta testing. Unacceptable.

I've found this to be spawning issues, where they spawn partially inside the framework of another structure or rock. I can see part of the item in many cases, but not in its entirety, and this makes it unusable. Relax. I'm sure it's 'on the list.'

Knockbacks interacting with the environment in PVP in ANY form or fashion.

-Currently Warzones are decided 100% by which team has more punts due to the garbage environmental damage in Huttball and being able to fall off of the Voidstar bridge. Using the environment is NOT pvp skill and it has no place in pvp involving anyone but non-factors.

QQ more. Honestly. Do you not realize that it's just as open for your team to do the same? If you think this was a balancing problem, you're sadly mistaken - try coming up with more clever approaches to utilizing these threats for yourself instead of whining without recognizing the creativity and usefulness their presence provides.

Ability delays at all times. (IE not being able to move immediately after summoning my speeder and having to resummon it.)

This has always been an issue in just about every MMO I've played. Why? Typically because of the lag that you complained about above (that I've yet to see myself). If your cast time isn't completely done and called up, try not moving. ?

Removing the match to chest option.

-This wasn't even something that we never had. You actually put work into REMOVING IT. I can think of literally no good reason that it needed to be removed, other than the fact that you discovered some devastating technical issue with it, which is again unacceptable that you would have anything that compromising ever.

No, "the game just launched" is not an acceptable excuse. Not only is this the end of 2011, but many of these issues existed in beta. If you look at the threads complaining and praising, and ask all of the people blindly praising this game, I would bet the vast majority of them haven't reached above level 15. They haven't experienced the bugs and half-*** content yet.

There are so many blind accusations in here and assumptions in these two paragraphs that they convinced me to call you out and officially post a reply to this thread. You're *actually* saying that something you *assume* must have been present (without knowing for a fact) is *unacceptable that you would (ever) have anything that compromising.*

Seriously? Consider that rationale for a moment. That's just how IRRATIONAL I feel you are being.

I'm disappointed in your lack of patience or even a minor semblance of constructive criticism. Seriously, provide some feedback in a positive way instead of wagging ones finger around screaming of hellfire and damnation. You're not helping things in this manner.