Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

God I love listening to all the kiddies whine. "Ohh this game is gonna die if I don't get my way, whine whine whine, Me and my friends are gonna quit if we don't get what we want, bla bla bla"

Also, obligatory, and it still fits, GO BACK TO WOW

Thanks for your input sir, it really dident was any whining in it and it really is a massive amount of usfull input from your side, thanks...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried looking on a planet where you initially get the flashpoint quests? becasue I saw some people on my server looking there. another question are you higher level? most people level relatively slow.

again, I'm not against global channels and more user friendly grouping tools. as long as they are not automated and/or cross server.

Yes I used to spam in cor where there was 150 people.... not a single person for groups. I didn't do enemies of the republic because I couldn't get a group. I didn't do deeds either because I couldn't get a group.

I just turned level 20 this has been an issue since level 13 I hardly think im to high level.

If they had a global channel that would be great. Im not asking for an easy mode button to jus tblow through content im asking for a tool to get groups and actually get to experience the content and meet people on the server.

Chat is filled with people fighting over wow more then it is about swtor and playing it -.-.

LFD tool is an absolute must, no one enjoys spamming general chat for long periods at a time. Some servers have very low populations, how will groups be formed there if I can't find groups on my Full server? Cross server LFD please. Oh and if you want community just talk on the forums cause I could give a crap about a majority of the people I end up playing with.

And why are you against a SERVER ONLY LFD?

I would like to see how grouping with people on your server would ruin the game in your opinion because this is not wow many dont want it to be like wow and its not the same community as wow.

Ive been LFM this whole thread btw which is about 2 hours now. I have a tank in group and myself as dps no heals and no second dps. You tell me how I should Adapt to this game so that I can play the content and enjoy it.... because right now im not because I cant get groups and cant do the content.

I'm not personally against a server only LFD, but I get tired of the constant "this will kill this game" and "me and my eleventeen friends are all gonna quit" posts. Its always over some aspect of this game not mimicking wow. Its obviously from someone who came over from there and isn't happy that is game isn't a proper clone. It is in every other thread, in every other post in general discussion. I'm fine with how things are now, I like the making friends part so I can group with them later, but if they changed them, I'd adapt to the changes or quit if I didn't like them. But I'll be dammed if I'm gonna cry like a child who just got told "no" by his mommy. Adapt to the way the game is. Its still fun. Don't think its fun? Just leave.

I have no idea why you can't find a group. Maybe be nicer to the next people you group with? Add them to your friends list? Ask them to group in the future with you? I've never had to wait 2 hours to do anything in this game, and I think I'd wait about 30 minutes tops before I just did a warzone or something else and tried again later. Its not hard to find something fun to do, if you can't, you shouldn't play.

Be social, make friends. Stop trying to automate everything.

Yes I used to spam in cor where there was 150 people.... not a single person for groups. I didn't do enemies of the republic because I couldn't get a group. I didn't do deeds either because I couldn't get a group.

I just turned level 20 this has been an issue since level 13 I hardly think im to high level.

If they had a global channel that would be great. Im not asking for an easy mode button to jus tblow through content im asking for a tool to get groups and actually get to experience the content and meet people on the server.

Chat is filled with people fighting over wow more then it is about swtor and playing it -.-.

I think I'm starting to appreciate my role playing server more and more. Wow hardly gets mentioned (it does, but rarely) but Monty python, star trek etc quotes show upon a fairly regular basis.

I think you'll find that most people who don't want wowlike lfd, just don't want the "grouped randomly and automatically, teleported into flashpoint, if things are not going smoothly just be an *** and/or leave, becasue you'll just queue up again and get another group easy enough" tool

I've literally noticed people being more patient to each other, because finding another group requires more effort then just figuring out how to work together and finishing the flashpoint together.

I'm not personally against a server only LFD, but I get tired of the constant "this will kill this game" and "me and my eleventeen friends are all gonna quit" posts. Its always over some aspect of this game not mimicking wow. Its obviously from someone who came over from there and isn't happy that is game isn't a proper clone. It is in every other thread, in every other post in general discussion. I'm fine with how things are now, I like the making friends part so I can group with them later, but if they changed them, I'd adapt to the changes or quit if I didn't like them. But I'll be dammed if I'm gonna cry like a child who just got told "no" by his mommy. Adapt to the way the game is. Its still fun. Don't think its fun? Just leave.

I have no idea why you can't find a group. Maybe be nicer to the next people you group with? Add them to your friends list? Ask them to group in the future with you? I've never had to wait 2 hours to do anything in this game, and I think I'd wait about 30 minutes tops before I just did a warzone or something else and tried again later. Its not hard to find something fun to do, if you can't, you shouldn't play.

Its alot easier said then done in a game so heavily sharded. And I am nice and have lots on my friends list however they are doing the same content or pvping or doing whatever htey are doing and aren't available for the runs.

A LFD is inevitable. It will be in eventually. And sooner than some may think. 4 days after launch and people are already struggling to find groups, even with the so called holy ultra social method consisting in spamming the channels every 30 sec.

Why leave because there is one aspect of the game i dont like, thats the worst reasoning ever "dont like it, ****??". And just because U dident have to wait 2 hours dosent mean others havent (i would never wait 2h for example).

But because i dont wana wait 2h, and i dont even wana wait 30min, i miss out lots of the group quests and flashpoints.

Im sure many people are like me, and im sure many people are ones that like using the chat to get groups togheter.

Why cant we both get what we want?

when I play at 4 in a morning server time, I have trouble finding groups as well. which is why I don't look for them at 4 in a morning. weekends and prime time though? no problem

Oh I see. So I should play on a European or Oceanic server because I happen to live in the United States, but work night shift. Everyone on here seems to think that if the current solution works for them, it should work for everyone else or everyone else is doing something wrong. It's certainly not the system being inelastic, it's everyone else...doing it all wrong.

Oh I see. So I should play on a European or Oceanic server because I happen to live in the United States, but work night shift. Everyone on here seems to think that if the current solution works for them, it should work for everyone else or everyone else is doing something wrong. It's certainly not the system being inelastic, it's everyone else...doing it all wrong.

If you work odd hours then yes, you should play on a different time zone server if available. You wouldn't have as much of a problem if you did.

tbh im happy BW won't implement this tool in any near future. i remember this from early days of Rift, i had list of my favorite tanks and dps - people also whispered me if i am interested in joining dungeon run with them - this is social aspect BW is talking about in case of TOR and i support this 100%. In WoW once LFD tool was introduced to the game dungeon runs turned in to rush runs when no one talked to each other or made friends - atm if you still play WoW like i do social life on servers is dead outside of your own guild... this is not the way MMORPG should work and i am happy that this thing will not happen in here. Another point to cancel my sub to wow and focus full time on this game :rolleyes:

So I have did 10 runs of Black Talon from level 10 to level 14 staying on the station the whole time, all with different groups. I got groups rather quickly using the /1 chat.

Guess how many friends I got during those runs? ZERO. Nobody would talk other then, "lol", "yes" "No" "Thank you" "Goodbye". I would constantly try to start conversations but no one was willing to talk other then 1 or 2 word sentences. They just wanted to get through the flashpoint and move on. So at level 14 I moved on to Kaas, got into several groups for the heroics there, and still nobody talked, despite me trying.

But wait, nearly everyone against the LFD on this thread said that was a major symptom of having an LFD? I am confused.

The fact is, making everyone use the /1 to LFG does not create a community, it is what happens inside the group that creates a community.

I'm sure I will eventually start getting a list of friends I can rely on to group up with, but it will be extremely slow using /1 chat since it is now taking much longer to find groups.

I want a server only LFD system so that I can meet more of the community quicker and weed through the non sociable people quicker.

IMO, a server side LFD would actually help create a community better and quicker then with out.

Indeed. And in one year, when alts/newcomers won't find groups of their level because the servers are mature, it will be their fault as well. Just getting out of the character creation screen is doing something wrong, isn't it?

The system's not inelastic, you're using it wrong. The server time zone is for a reason- if you play in a different time than most people in your time zone, you should seek out a server that reflects when you DO play.

So I have did 10 runs of Black Talon from level 10 to level 14 staying on the station the whole time, all with different groups. I got groups rather quickly using the /1 chat.

Guess how many friends I got during those runs? ZERO. Nobody would talk other then, "lol", "yes" "No" "Thank you" "Goodbye". I would constantly try to start conversations but no one was willing to talk other then 1 or 2 word sentences. They just wanted to get through the flashpoint and move on. So at level 14 I moved on to Kaas, got into several groups for the heroics there, and still nobody talked, despite me trying.

But wait, nearly everyone against the LFD on this thread said that was a major symptom of having an LFD? I am confused.

The fact is, making everyone use the /1 to LFG does not create a community, it is what happens inside the group that creates a community.

I'm sure I will eventually start getting a list of friends I can rely on to group up with, but it will be extremely slow using /1 chat since it is now taking much longer to find groups.

I want a server only LFD system so that I can meet more of the community quicker and weed through the non sociable people quicker.

IMO, a server side LFD would actually help create a community better and quicker then with out.

Thats because people dont wana be friends with random people they join a flashpoint with, i sure dont but hey guess im not allowed to play mmo games then if u listen to some poeple in here.

Thats because people dont wana be friends with random people they join a flashpoint with, i sure dont but hey guess im not allowed to play mmo games then if u listen to some poeple in here.

no, you are most certainly allowed. but don't be surprised when you find yourself at a disadvantage.

some of you are reminding me of a vegetarian, coming to a burger joint and then complaining that they have no dishes to chose from.

A LFD is inevitable. It will be in eventually. And sooner than some may think. 4 days after launch and people are already struggling to find groups, even with the so called holy ultra social method consisting in spamming the channels every 30 sec.

Agree.

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

social interactions, like:

LFG XYZ

LFM XYZ

LF TANK/HEAL XYZ

in every 20 seconds

But people, who really wants socializing on general, they can't about LFG spam. Otherwise people, who want to find group, they want it asap, because everyone has a real life (maybe except those, who dismisses an LFG tool) and everyone would like to do effective things in their playtime. Just standing in place and shouting in chat is not so effective I think...

This is just another example of people complaining about a tool they don't have to use if they don't want to.

I can not foresee ANY reason why you would rather sit in a zone and spam the general channel asking for people to run something when you could easily add yourself to a queue and let the game take care of things for you. Go out and socialize while you wait for a group. The "social" aspect of spamming the general channel LFG is really a very poor argument for not having a LFG tool.

Sure, it's easy to find groups any time of the day or night now when there are a million people everywhere doing the same things. Wait a few months and start a new character and see how long it takes you to find 3 other people to do what you want to do. Sit there for a couple hours spamming general looking. That's not my idea of time well spent.

I am not a WoW fanboy, or any sort of fanboy, but the LFG tool in WoW made a lot of people very happy. No more spamming, no more travel time to zones you weren't even close to. It's all a case of convenience, and it appears Bioware does not want any sort of convenience... at least not yet.

The system's not inelastic, you're using it wrong. The server time zone is for a reason- if you play in a different time than most people in your time zone, you should seek out a server that reflects when you DO play.

Right. Good advice. I guess I'll just go leave all of my real life friends playing the game so I can play on a Euro server from the United States. My three days off a week when I play during normal West coast prime time hours sure will be fun since everyone on my Light Euro server will be asleep. I'm sure glad they aren't implementing a LFD tool so I can enjoy all of these benefits.

Look my *specific* situation wasn't really the point I was trying to make. The point is a lot of people in this thread have very legitimate reasons why it's difficult or unreasonable for them to form groups by spamming general on the fleet. I'm glad it works for some of you, but you need to realize that just because it works for you...doesn't mean it should or does work for EVERYONE else. So try to pull yourself out of the equation when you're commenting on something that doesn't only affect yourself.

Edited by Raijinvince

I started WoW 1 year after it launched. Wanna know how long it took to actually play through the level 20-50 dungeons instances with groups that were all level appropriate, despite me using the zone chat channel to look for a group? When the cross server LFD system was created, prior to that all my instance runs were done with much higher level people in the group, getting rid of most of the challenge.

I have no doubt that if there was a server side LFD system in place when I joined WoW, that I would have been able to run all those instances with a level appropriate group.

I don't want a cross server lfd, but a server only one would be very helpful in creating a community.

Agree.

social interactions, like:

LFG XYZ

LFM XYZ

LF TANK/HEAL XYZ

in every 20 seconds

But people, who really wants socializing on general, they can't about LFG spam. Otherwise people, who want to find group, they want it asap, because everyone has a real life (maybe except those, who dismisses an LFG tool) and everyone would like to do effective things in their playtime. Just standing in place and shouting in chat is not so effective I think...

Indeed,

Not only the social argument does not hold water, but also it goes against Bioware's previous statements according to which the game was also made for people having limited playtime. If you have 2 hours to play by example, you can't afford to lose 45 min doing nothing in the fleet but looking at a chat channel.