Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

At least for the foreseeable future anyway, which is just fine by me. Read and weep:

"Originally Posted by Spankyjnco

8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice."

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

Kudos to Bioware for not giving in. I won't be so crass as to tell players who want this to go back to WoW, but I will point out that you now have a clear choice.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen!!

So much better this way. I haven't had a single issue finding people to group up with for anything I needed. Traveling to instances for operations and flashpoints, adds to the immersion. I'm all for NOT having a LFG easy button anytime soon.

Amen!!

So much better this way. I haven't had a single issue finding people to group up with for anything I needed. Traveling to instances for operations and flashpoints, adds to the immersion. I'm all for NOT having a LFG easy button anytime soon.

Travelling WHERE?

You go to all of them from the SAME PLACE.

Amen!!

Immersion? You mean that 1 boring room with a doorway to every flashpoint. Yep thats real immersive. Wouldn't want to miss out on that!

I'm hoping sincerely that they won't add such a tool. I'm playing mmorpgs for the community aspects, not to plow through an instance as fast as possible.

Then don't use it. What in the world is with you people? Just because someone hands you hammer doesn't mean you have to build an ark.

At least for the foreseeable future anyway, which is just fine by me. Read and weep:

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

Kudos to Bioware for not giving in. I won't be so crass as to tell players who want this to go back to WoW, but I will point out that you now have a clear choice.

OK, thats a ******** of subs gone. Mine included. The social aspect of this game is crap with low population servers, world only chat and instanced play. Finding a group is a nightmare as it is, if they are not making this a priority, they are *********** stupid.

While I'm not a fan of the super-automatic WoW-like LFG tool, a basic LFG is a must (basic LFG tool - window pane showing all the people on a server wishing to group up for a certain instance). Social interaction my arse, all the lack of a LFG does is make me not play Flashpoints because I don't have the time to wait around for half an hour to do an instance that's just as long. More importantly, even when I do have the time, I'm off questing, because you know, story, fun, actually playing the game and all that. I've missed two Flashpoints which are now well below my level because:

a) I didn't even notice they existed as I was having fun leveling

b) Even when I did notice them, I couldn't find a group. And I don't mean that in a "there were too many DPS around so I wasn't needed", I mean there was literally no one grouping up for it, despite me waiting around for well over an hour. Oh and yes, I'm on a heavily populated server, we have queue times still.

It'd be fine if Flashpoints were located on planets. That's cool, I can spam /1 and do my quests. THAT would benefit social interaction. But that's not the case. Everyone who gathers for a Flashpoint does so on the Imperial/Republic Fleet. Meaning, if you wanna do a Flashpoint, you have to go to a "planet" that has nothing in terms of questing. And for a story driven game, that's just ridiculous.

It's not like this line of thinking is opposed to BioWare's efforts. Just look at the crafting system. Instead of having to stand around in one place leveling your crafting, you give orders to your squad to make it for you. They HEAVILY emphasised over and over again how awesome this is and how they're super proud of not forcing players to sit around doing grunt work instead of having fun playing the game. So if their attitude on the LFG tool is the opposite, it kinda makes them hypocritical.

Which I don't believe they are. I just think it's not on top of their priority list, which has got to be quite long at this point. The game is fantastic, but it needs a lot of work still, particularly in the UI department.

Edited by Vrachara

I hope they NEVER put in a cross realm LFG/LFD tool. This is what made the WoW community horrible. At least with spamming you have the accountablity factor and the realms will know the undesirables. If they do implement the LFG/LFD tool for the love of the force DO NOT make it cross server.

Why are people against autogrouping? is it really fun to spam 'LFG need.." or somebody leaves "ok go spam on general" "Group lost healer 1 boss left pst" really?

I am fine with something like how meeting stones worked circa wow 1.9. Or even a /lfg list. I am against automated and (WAY MORE IMPORTANTLY) strongly against cross server LFD.

Otherwise, whatever floats your boat.

Go ahead and cheer now...

I'm spammng for groups and it still takes awhile.

When people can't find groups, they are going to drop. No, maybe not the social butterflies who spend in game time in the cantina (lol), but people who want to get things done.

I'm pretty sure a LFD will be introduced. If not and I still have to spam general like its 2001, I'm sure I can find something else to play and save the sub money.

While I'm not a fan of the super-automatic WoW-like LFG tool, a basic LFG is a must (basic LFG tool - window pane showing all the people on a server wishing to group up for a certain instance). Social interaction my arse, all the lack of a LFG does is make me not play Flashpoints because I don't have the time to wait around for half an hour to do an instance that's just as long. More importantly, even when I do have the time, I'm off questing, because you know, story, fun, actually playing the game and all that.

It'd be fine if Flashpoints were located on planets. That's cool, I can spam /1 and do my quests. THAT would benefit social interaction. But that's not the case. Everyone who gathers for a Flashpoint does so on the Imperial/Republic Fleet. Meaning, if you wanna do a Flashpoint, you have to go to a "planet" that has nothing in terms of questing. And for a story driven game, that's just ridiculous.

It's not like this line of thinking is opposed to BioWare's efforts. Just look at the crafting system. Instead of having to stand around in one place leveling your crafting, you give orders to your squad to make it for you. They HEAVILY emphasised over and over again how awesome this is and how they're super proud of not forcing players to sit around doing grunt work instead of having fun playing the game. So if their attitude on the LFG tool is the opposite, it kinda makes them hypocritical.

Which I don't believe they are. I just think it's not on top of their priority list, which has got to be quite long at this point. The game is fantastic, but it needs a lot of work still, particularly in the UI department.

Hmmm, I see your point.

A server based one would not be so bad.....right?

I do enjoy spamming LFG in general every minute. Works so much better...I know everyone on my server now! Oh wait....

Its cause your doing it wrong then. Sure you hafta "LFG.." a few times, but after a few times, assuming your not terrible, you should be able to develop a friends list of people who are willing to run instances with you.

Considering I've run every Flashpoint up to and including Cademimu with only one other person and 2 companions. It's not particularily difficult to get Flashpoint groups together.

BTW group comp is:

Me - Jugger Tank

Friend - Merc BH DPS

Companions: Mako & Quinn

Have yet to meet an instance we can't tackle with this team